PDA

View Full Version : Losing Ground

Marvin S
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
by Charles Murray - written in the early 80's - for those who like factual presentations this is a good book about pseudo poverty & the poverty pimps. Murray was the other author on the "Bell Curve" as a point of reference.

A really brief synopsis - What started as a Hand Up in the Kennedy administration ended up being what we have today. As the author said "the only way to stop what is going on in the cycle of dependency" is to stop funding all handout programs. Let the religious organizations do what they receive their tax break for & see how it plays out :cool:.

The book is well worth the read even though it was written before some on this forum were born :-P!

zeus3925
04-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Religious organizations have never been able to fully fulfill the need. Ask your local Salvation Army commandant if that is true or not.

Marvin S
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Religious organizations have never been able to fully fulfill the need. Ask your local Salvation Army commandant if that is true or not.

I would have not expected a different answer, at least from you. With your attitude the cycle of dependency will continue :o. I am familiar with the SA having been a long time & somewhat substantial contributor. I also know they drift from their mission ;-).