road kill
04-12-2012, 01:29 PM
The attacks begin;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIVC9ahJQLA&feature=related
"Never worked a day in her life?"
Raising 5 Kids is NOT Work!!:shock:

But harken back to yesteryear;

Obama Warns GOP "Lay Off My Wife"

Sen. Barack Obama ripped into a Republican ad today that targets comments made by his wife, Michelle, and called the GOP tactic "low class" and "detestable."

The Illinois senator told "Good Morning America" that he expects hardball tactics from the Republicans if he becomes the Democratic presidential nominee.

"But I also think these folks should lay off my wife," he told "GMA" as his wife chuckled beside him.

Obama told "GMA" that he believes he will win a majority of the Democratic delegates once the votes are counted after Tuesday's primaries in Kentucky and Oregon. Obama is favored in Oregon while rival Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York is expected to win Kentucky.

Obama was careful not to act as if he had already clinched the nomination, but he also tried to present himself as the candidate who will be taking on Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona in the fall.

The Republicans seem to have come to the same conclusion and a GOP Internet campaign in Tennessee has an ad featuring Michelle Obama's comments during the long Democratic campaign that "for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."

Michelle Obama was asked about the ad on "GMA," but her husband said, "Let me just interject on this."

"The GOP, should I be the nominee, I think can say whatever they want to say about me, my track record," Obama said. "I've been in public life for 20 years. I expect them to pore through everything that I've said, every utterance, every statement. And to paint it in the most undesirable light possible. That's what they do."

"But I do want to say this to the GOP. If they think that they're going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful. Because that I find unacceptable," he said.

Obama praised his wife's patriotism and said that for Republicans "to try to distort or to play snippets of her remarks in ways that are unflattering to her I think is just low class ... and especially for people who purport to be promoters of family values, who claim that they are protectors of the values and ideals and the decency of the American people to start attacking my wife in a political campaign I think is detestable."

Obama later added, "I think that the American people also would like to see some restoration of decency to this process. And when you start attacking family members, there's a lack of decency there."

Obama still has to knock out Clinton to officially claim the nomination and denied reports that his campaign has already begun planning joint fundraisers with Clinton to help her defray a huge campaign debt.

And Michelle Obama denied reports that she had personally ruled out considering Clinton as Obama's vice presidential running mate.

Michelle Obama had a lot of praise for Clinton -- as first lady.

"I think the world of Hillary Clinton. Particularly, as a woman, having watched her go through a lot of what I might be going through, and doing it with a level of grace, and raising a phenomenal daughter, which I have two girls," Michelle Obama said. "And I know how hard just in the little bit of exposure I've had to this what she's had to deal with, and what she's accomplished."

What a piece of work.

RK

Jason Glavich
04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Yup and he is already talking about how his wife had to work and raise kids just to get by. His salary wasnt enough. But have no fear 300k while working at the hospital made up the difference. By the way he now makes less now then he did then, in pay by the white house I mean.

BonMallari
04-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Anne Romney has beat cancer and MS....she will make a fine First Lady that the country will be proud of

mngundog
04-12-2012, 03:35 PM
The attacks begin;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIVC9ahJQLA&feature=related
"Never worked a day in her life?"
Raising 5 Kids is NOT Work!!:shock:

But harken back to yesteryear;

What a piece of work.

RK
Raising 5 kids WITHOUT A NANNY, HOUSEKEEPER, and CHAUFFEUR is work, lets not pretend she did it on her own.

road kill
04-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Raising 5 kids WITHOUT A NANNY, HOUSEKEEPER, and CHAUFFEUR is work, lets not pretend she did it on her own.

I see.
So to you, she is fair game, but back off Michelle??

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a word for that.....what is it???:confused:

Maybe someone can help me out here???:cool:

RK

Gerry Clinchy
04-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Many moms who work outside the home also have at least part-time nannies (child care) and many also have housekeepers. Maybe not chauffeurs, though.

cpj
04-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Our civil liberties are being eroded away, we have out of control run away debt, the fed is secretly pumping trillions of digital dollars into the European economy and our economy will probably collapse in the next few years and we are worried about who is bad mouthing someone's baby momma !!

huntinman
04-12-2012, 04:41 PM

Since you seem to know her so well, how about enlightening us dummies? How was she able to do it?

BonMallari
04-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I would hire Dana a nanny, but then what would her mother do with all her spare time :p

starjack
04-12-2012, 04:52 PM

REALLY REALLY OH MY GOD. Bet they all took care of the cancer and MS. D id you even read any thing on rk thread/ post.

I see dont say nothing about your golden childs wife but it ok for some dnc hack to say it about Mrs ROMMNEY. :mad:

Gerry Clinchy
04-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Our civil liberties are being eroded away, we have out of control run away debt, the fed is secretly pumping trillions of digital dollars into the European economy and our economy will probably collapse in the next few years and we are worried about who is bad mouthing someone's baby momma !!
That is actually the point ... with all the real issues there are to talk about, why is some dummy campaign strategist going after the wife of the candidate with such a silly attack?

cpj
04-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Thank you Gerry. When you step back and look at the big picture, government over decades has created an environment where we the people fight each other and look to them to solve the problems they created.

mngundog
04-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Since you seem to know her so well, how about enlightening us dummies? How was she able to do it? Don't remember calling anyone a dummy, just pointing out that when you have a net worth around $200,000,000 your housewife chores are not the same as an average individual.

mngundog
04-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I see.
So to you, she is fair game, but back off Michelle??

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a word for that.....what is it???:confused:

Maybe someone can help me out here???:cool:

RK
Where did I ever say anything about backing off Michelle as far as I'm concerned they are both fair game.

mngundog
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
REALLY REALLY OH MY GOD. Bet they all took care of the cancer and MS. D id you even read any thing on rk thread/ post.

I see dont say nothing about your golden childs wife but it ok for some dnc hack to say it about Mrs ROMMNEY. :mad:
My Golden Child? Who is that? I've been a conservative for as long as I can remember.

Gerry Clinchy
04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
It occurs to me that it would be better for the R's if Hilary Rosen does NOT get fired. The R's can use more people like her on Obama's campaign staff :-)

Ken Bora
04-12-2012, 10:05 PM
I just saw on FOX news (actually did now see but hear, I was in the restroom just home from work) so I heard but did not see the TV screen that the First Lady twitted to her tweets something to the jist of support for Anne Romney I did not get to see exactly what she twitted but still. That is an odd, kinda cool wrinkle to the story. I actually do not know what to think about it. Things that make you go hmmmm???

coachmo
04-12-2012, 10:10 PM
So mngundog, the Romney's have always been rich?

road kill
04-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Where did I ever say anything about backing off Michelle as far as I'm concerned they are both fair game.

Surprisingly, the issue here is not about you and what you think.

The HYPOCRISY is within the DNC and what Obama thinks.

Just sayin'........

BTW--The reason they have to go after Mrs. Romney is to create the class envy (hatred) and in at least one case (mngundog) it was successful!

Obama certainly can't run on;
The economy
Jobs
Gitmo
Afgahnistan
Foreign Policy
Gas prices
Food prices
His achievements
Obama care................

So, default to the "Rules fior Radicals!!"

RK

Franco
04-13-2012, 06:48 AM

Save your breath, these are not issues with today's Conservatives. If they were, they would not only be talking about it but also supporting the candidate that is addressing those issues. Today's Conservative is more focused on social issues and that is why they will hand Obama another 4 years!

cpj
04-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I hear you Franco, the RNC has brainwashed the right into believing a new type of "big R" republicanism.

huntinman
04-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Surprisingly, the issue here is not about you and what you think.

The HYPOCRISY is within the DNC and what Obama thinks.

Just sayin'........

BTW--The reason they have to go after Mrs. Romney is to create the class envy (hatred) and in at least one case (mngundog) it was successful!

Obama certainly can't run on;
The economy
Jobs
Gitmo
Afgahnistan
Foreign Policy
Gas prices
Food prices
His achievements
Obama care................

So, default to the "Rules fior Radicals!!"

RK

Good list...

Lets add:

Fast & Furious
Police acting "stupidly"
Separate vacations from his lovely bride
80-90 rounds of golf
Constant apologies for the US
Bitter Clingers...
The list could go on and on...

BonMallari
04-13-2012, 09:14 AM
after watching all the DNC spin doctors furiously trying to put out the flames on the flash fire, its become evident that they again think they can be the only party with a strong female voice or image...the silence from women's groups like NOW was deafening....it was Sarah Palin all over again,there were so many backhanded apologists out there, defending motherhood but still sniping at Mrs Romney

GoldenSail
04-13-2012, 09:25 AM
The Obamas did not support the attack.

From another article:

"I don't have a lot of patience for commentary about the spouses of political candidates," Obama said during an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids. "My general view is those of us who are in the public life, we're fair game. Our families are civilians."

First lady Michelle Obama also commented on her own Twitter account, saying, "Every mother works hard, and every woman deserves to be respected."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/13/us-usa-campaign-romney-women-idUSBRE83B1L820120413

huntinman
04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
The Obamas did not support the attack.

From another article:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/13/us-usa-campaign-romney-women-idUSBRE83B1L820120413

And if you believe that... I have some beachfront property in Idaho for sale...

Gerry Clinchy
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I think the gist of Rosen's comments were also rooted in the class warfare tactics ... that Mrs. Romney was rich so she didn't have to go to work outside the home. However, Rosen certainly picked the wrong rabbit out of the hat.

Rosen is the single, lesbian mother of two twins, which she adopted with her "partner." She subsequently separated from that partner. When she adopted the twins, she took a leave of absence from working outside the home. She had been the head of an organization representing musicians & fought for the copyright rights WRT unauthorized downloading of music and exchanging the downloads with others. She resigned that post to care for the twins. Article didn't say how long before she returned to the workforce. She undoubtedly would have daycare (or a nanny) for the twins in order to work outside the home. I'd guess she also has a housekeeper.

starjack
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
My Golden Child? Who is that? I've been a conservative for as long as I can remember.

Sure could of fooled me with your post

BonMallari
04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I think the gist of Rosen's comments were also rooted in the class warfare tactics ... that Mrs. Romney was rich so she didn't have to go to work outside the home. However, Rosen certainly picked the wrong rabbit out of the hat.

Rosen is the single, lesbian mother of two twins, which she adopted with her "partner." She subsequently separated from that partner. When she adopted the twins, she took a leave of absence from working outside the home. She had been the head of an organization representing musicians & fought for the copyright rights WRT unauthorized downloading of music and exchanging the downloads with others. She resigned that post to care for the twins. Article didn't say how long before she returned to the workforce. She undoubtedly would have daycare (or a nanny) for the twins in order to work outside the home. I'd guess she also has a housekeeper.

so basically another Rosie O'Donnell ;)

same big mouth,with the same holier than thou attitude....why am I not surprised

ARay11
04-13-2012, 12:01 PM
And if you believe that... I have some beachfront property in Idaho for sale...

u got somthin ta say about my beach??

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4760791393240068&id=9050c0933ec80c85ab4e1bd60eea327e:razz::razz::ra zz::razz:

road kill
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM

Now I understand.

She is a victim...........of her own decisions!!:rolleyes:

Those damned Republicans and rich!!!!:mad:

RK

Gerry Clinchy
04-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Isn't it kind of ironic that Obama said that he and Michelle didn't have the luxury of having Michelle stay home with the kids? After all, they really did need $500,000 in income to make ends meet.

How could they relate to the issues faced by the average working stiff? He claimed to know what we all needed. And he was elected. So, Rosen's whole schtick is really a moot point, isn't it?

Jay Dufour
04-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Man ,That rosen is some horror !

luvmylabs23139
04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Isn't it kind of ironic that Obama said that he and Michelle didn't have the luxury of having Michelle stay home with the kids? After all, they really did need $500,000 in income to make ends meet.

How could they relate to the issues faced by the average working stiff? He claimed to know what we all needed. And he was elected. So, Rosen's whole schtick is really a moot point, isn't it?

Didn't she show up at a soup kitchen in $500 sneakers or something crazy like that?:confused:
And I'm annoyed at myself because I left a $10 pool skimmer basket in dog range and had to buy a new one because I messed up and didn't put it out of reach.