PDA

View Full Version : Not thrilled about the President's claim of eating dog meat...

backagain
04-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Just had to share this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEBN8wOKjMo

Franco
04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
I remember going to an animal shelter fund raiser in New Orleans where well known chefs were brought in to cook their signature dishes. While chatting with the news anchor for our local CBS affiliate, she was raving about one of the dishes. I said to her, "have you tried the Dalmation at the Kahn Restaurant(Korean food) Booth"? ;-)

BonMallari
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Barry Sotero lived in Indonesia, of course he ate exotic food including dog meat,but people dont want to look at where he grew up, as Bill Clinton said"...are you going to believe the fairy tale..." looks like slick Willie was right

road kill
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Barry Sotero lived in Indonesia, of course he ate exotic food including dog meat,but people dont want to look at where he grew up, as Bill Clinton said"...are you going to believe the fairy tale..." looks like slick Willie was right

I would say the "fairy tale" has been swallowed hook, line & sinker!!!:cool:

RK

Buzz
04-19-2012, 02:19 PM
I had a friend in college who was a refugee from Vietnam. This was back in the late '70s. To liven up a conversation at a party, he would slip in the question, "so have you ever tried dog?"

His parents were killed in the war and he and his siblings survived by eating dog meat.

road kill
04-19-2012, 02:24 PM
I had a friend in college who was a refugee from Vietnam. This was back in the late '70s. To liven up a conversation at a party, he would slip in the question, "so have you ever tried dog?"

His parents were killed in the war and he and his siblings survived by eating dog meat.
Sweet & Sour Collie is exquisite table faire!!!!:p

RK

BonMallari
04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I am sure my ancestors along the way ate dogs, I know they ate horses during the war in the Philippines...cows tongue,pickled fertile duck/chicken eggs (balut), and every other fish or reptile found on the islands

backagain
04-19-2012, 03:14 PM
If Axelrod is going to poke fun at the Romneys for hauling their dog in a crate on the roof of a car then I think it is fair game to bring up the fact President Barry ate dog.

But then again we have more pressing issues at hand.

gmhr1
04-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Pass the dog please what a great picture !

Duck Blind
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
chicken poodle soup is awesome!

bobbyb
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Sweet & Sour Collie is exquisite table faire!!!!:p

RK

And chocolate Lab for desert...and some people talk about what us cajuns eat..!!!

BobbyB
cajun

HPL
04-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Why eat dog when there surely were Viet Cong bodies laying all around?

charly_t
04-22-2012, 04:05 PM
No one has mentioned some of the Native American tribes who ate dogs. Teddy Roosevelt tells about the many things they ate while exploring.
They were running out of the food that was packed for the expedition
and they ate whatever they could find.
Our own mountain men ate cougar and said it was very good.