PDA

View Full Version : Did you all see what President the Dalai Lama likes?

Ken Bora
04-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Did you all see what President the Dalai Lama likes?
this is a link, I saw this on the morning news. It made me smile. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/04/24/dalai-lama-tells-shocked-piers-morgan-i-love-president-bush The Dalai Lama likes George Bush and it blows Piers Morgan's mind. Always liked the Dalai Lama. Does anyone but me ever speculate what would have happened if Carol Channing had met the Dalai Lama?:D

road kill
04-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Did you all see what President the Dalai Lama likes?
this is a link, I saw this on the morning news. It made me smile. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/04/24/dalai-lama-tells-shocked-piers-morgan-i-love-president-bush The Dalai Lama likes George Bush and it blows Piers Morgan's mind. Always liked the Dalai Lama. Does anyone but me ever speculate what would have happened if Carol Channing had met the Dalai Lama?:D

I thought Carol Channing was the Dalai Lama?????

Dayam.......

RK

paul young
04-25-2012, 09:53 AM
i agree with the Dalai Lama; he is a very personable guy. he seems to me to be very down to earth in how he lives his personal life. however i don't "love" him. i like him! LOL!!

i, too, had and continue to have concerns about some his policies which still are affecting us as a nation today. but, to be fair, he was not working in a vacuum. i believe he got some very poor advice. too bad he didn't select his advisors more carefully. there are lot's of past Presidents who fit this model.-Paul

road kill
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
i agree with the Dalai Lama; he is a very personable guy. he seems to me to be very down to earth in how he lives his personal life. however i don't "love" him. i like him! LOL!!

i, too, had and continue to have concerns about some his policies which still are affecting us as a nation today. but, to be fair, he was not working in a vacuum. i believe he got some very poor advice. too bad he didn't select his advisors more carefully. ther are lot's of past Presidents who fit this model.-Paul

And perhaps a sitting President doing the same!

Do you "LOVE" me Paul?:p

Ken Bora
04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I thought Carol Channing was the Dalai Lama?????

Dayam.......

RK

no goofy, would she sing "Hello Dolly"?;-)

road kill
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
no goofy, would she sing "Hello Dolly"?;-)

"Hello Dalai!!!" :D

paul young
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
And perhaps a sitting President doing the same!

Do you "LOVE" me Paul?:p

like a brother, Stan, like a brother!-Paul

road kill
04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
like a brother, Stan, like a brother!-Paul

c'mon Paul, "Hello Dalai" is funny stuff!

Matt McKenzie
04-25-2012, 08:55 PM

i, too, had and continue to have concerns about some his policies which still are affecting us as a nation today. but, to be fair, he was not working in a vacuum. i believe he got some very poor advice. too bad he didn't select his advisors more carefully. there are lot's of past Presidents who fit this model.-Paul

A lot of truth in what you say. W made some decisions that I didn't agree with, especially when it comes to fiscal policy. He also made a couple of bone-head PR moves (see "mission accomplished") undoubtedly based on advice from highly paid PR experts.
But one thing I believe about him is that he made the big decisions based on his own personal beliefs and convictions rather than on political expediency. I also believe that he's probably a pretty good guy to hang out with and I have no reason to believe that he is not honest and honorable.
By the same token, I think Bill Clinton is slick as snot on a rock, but probably a blast to have some beers with. I wouldn't trust him around my daughter, though.
Bush 1 comes across as earnest, but boring. I have great respect for his lifetime of service and would love to talk with him about his experiences.
In my opinion, Reagan was the best of the bunch.
Carter was a failure as a President, has a very naive worldview and sometimes embarrasses us as a nation. But I believe that he's a good person who truly cares about his fellow man.
Obama has all the failings (and more) of Clinton and Carter without any of the redeeming qualities. So he isn't a womanizer and seems to be a good Dad. It amazes me that people actually bring up the fact that he and his wife seem to be good parents like it's some kind of special accomplishment. To me, that's the minimum standard for ANYONE who has a child. But those are my impressions of the last few Presidents. We'll see what we think of President Romney in a few years.

LokiMeister
04-25-2012, 11:29 PM
We'll see what we think of President Romney in a few years.

What, pray tell, gives you that thought? Unfortunately, Barry will win again. Consumer confidence trumps all.

Not to highjack or start another discussion, Ron Paul will get my (write in) vote.

Cody Covey
04-26-2012, 02:16 AM
What, pray tell, gives you that thought? Unfortunately, Barry will win again. Consumer confidence trumps all.

Not to highjack or start another discussion, Ron Paul will get my (write in) vote.

Obama thanks you~

LokiMeister
04-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Obama thanks you~

Of course he should thank me, I am voting for someone other than the Rep. front runner which helps him. I vote my conscience, meaning what I think is right for America. When Obama ran on "Change you can believe in" or whatever the slogan was, he promised real change to Americas problems. What do we have? More of the same. More debt, more government intervention in our lives, etc. AND we will get more of that "change" no matter if Barry wins or if Mitt wins.

I have said it many times, the politicians (read: power brokers) do whatever they can to stay in power. What happens to America doesn't really matter to them, just as long as they stay in power or have a say in who gets the power (ie. see Karl Rove).

We need a wholesale change in the people that run our country, states, counties, etc. and people need to actually start caring about how our country and states are run.

We need to stop ignoring the Constitution of the United States of America!!!!