PDA

View Full Version : New Iowa Primary Winner ?

Franco
04-25-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pOXJt1ahVsE

and N Dakota & Maine ?

and should be awared 50%-60% of the Louisiana delegates at Saturday's delegate selection voting.

It ain't over yet, the message continues to resonate!!!
;-)

Jason Glavich
04-26-2012, 08:11 AM
I find this funny. i like Ron Paul, it is funny because I have not heard his name mentioned on the news in awhile. They just talk about Romney and how since Santorum dropped out, newt is the only hurdle left. I was thinking wow, I know RP did not drop out, but this is the typical blackout of him.

Franco
04-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I find this funny. i like Ron Paul, it is funny because I have not heard his name mentioned on the news in awhile. They just talk about Romney and how since Santorum dropped out, newt is the only hurdle left. I was thinking wow, I know RP did not drop out, but this is the typical blackout of him.

I too found it unprofessional for the news media, when giving the results. They just decalred Rmoney the winner in all five and didn't report how the other candidates did in terms of percentages of the vote.

It is all about delegates and RP has been racking them up in state cacuses as all delegates are not awared via the vote and at Primary time. Especially now with Santorum and Newt throwing in the towel, many of those delegates will go to RP.

Take La. for example: Santorum won and received 26% of the delegates and Rmoney 24%. The other 50% are being awarded this weekend after the caucus vote. RP has the best organization in the state and I'll bet he ends up with the most delegates from the state! Ditto other states.

The media has selected Rmoney but, there is plenty of primary season left!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s320x320/563233_320915531307696_126940210705230_749627_3812 53748_n.jpg

Santorum, Gingrich and Paul have all declared they were in it to the end, the convention in Tampa.
Only one of the three is true to his word!

BonMallari
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Part of the reason Newt and Rick S are out of the race is that their money sources are gone and their campaigns are in debt in the MM's....it is also mathematically impossible for RP to garner enough delegates in the remaining primaries to secure the nomination...but as long as he has his ideologue followers out there his campaign will go on funding a campaign to nowhere...talking about wasting money

Franco
04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Part of the reason Newt and Rick S are out of the race is that their money sources are gone and their campaigns are in debt in the MM's....it is also mathematically impossible for RP to garner enough delegates in the remaining primaries to secure the nomination...but as long as he has his ideologue followers out there his campaign will go on funding a campaign to nowhere...talking about wasting money

This is what the media would have one beleive and 100% NOT TRUE!

There are 300 uncommitted delegates from the states which have already had their Primary Election but yet to caucus. There is another 71 uncommitted Superdelegates. Then, there are still states that have yet to have their Primary and the choices have now narrowed. Then, what happens to the delegates awarded to Santorum and Gingrich?;-)

True, Rmoney has a commanding lead but, it ain't over yet and most of the media is handling this in an irresponsible manner!

ARay11
04-26-2012, 05:54 PM
ok, I am totally uninformed when it comes to how delegates are handed out...so if my question seems silly, bear with me...
For Example:
State A holds their caucus and delegates are handed out x% to candidates 1, 2 and 3.
If Candidate 2 bows out of the race, what happens to his delegates?

BonMallari
04-26-2012, 06:46 PM
ok, I am totally uninformed when it comes to how delegates are handed out...so if my question seems silly, bear with me...
For Example:
State A holds their caucus and delegates are handed out x% to candidates 1, 2 and 3.

the delegates are committed to that candidate thru the first ballot, unless that candidate pledges them to another candidate..one of the reasons that the candidates only suspend their campaigns...it allows them to still try and raise funds and receive federally matching funds, plus it gives them a final card to play when it comes to the convention if there is no clear cut nominee with the delegates needed to secure the nomination and it goes to a secondary ballot

Franco
04-26-2012, 06:48 PM
For Example:

It depends on the state.

Some of those awarded delegates can be courted by the remaining candidates and some of those awarded delegates may be re-awarded via a state caucus.

Franco
04-30-2012, 05:54 PM
:eek:
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q22012/romney-nomination-in-doubt-brokered-convention-likely647

And, RP won the La. GOP Caucus this past Saturday in a landslide victory!
"
"The actual delegates will be chosen at a state convention in June which Ron Paul supporters will now dominate," wrote Wead, meaning the Paul forces will not only get their delegates, "but they will also decide who the delegates representing Santorum and Romney will be. Ain't it sweet? "
:D
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/05/ron_pauls_louisiana_win.html

This is what happens when the people's voice instead of the media's voice is heard!

" First and foremost, Ron Paul continues to win more delegates than Mitt Romney during each state’s respective slating processes. Additionally, the writer points to drastic, last-minute changes to GOP procedure showing an attempt to limit the Paul vote. Some measures include a new poll tax in Washington and robo-calls in New York telling Republican voters that only Mitt Romney remains in the race."

Franco
05-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Anyone want to guess which GOP hopeful is leading the polls in Texas?;-)

also....

"There are a lot of establishment Republicans who need to thank Ron Paul for injecting a certain amount of courage to do what people always said needed to be done but where they also said, 'How do we do that?'" Iowa state Rep. Erik Helland said.
Helland said that in 2011, the legislature "deappropriated" $500 million over three years from programs such as state-mandated pre-school, government employee benefits and other programs that usually cause an outcry. Helland, who is the majority whip, said that on the Monday after they announced the spending cuts, he got back to Des Moines and "braced" himself for news of outrage from other state representatives who had spent the weekend meeting with constituents.
"They came back and said, 'We talked to our voters, they want to cut more,'" Helland said. "It was paradigm shifting. The voters started actually saying, 'cut.'"
Helland said he gives credit to Paul, who has spent a lot of time in Iowa over the past several years, for changing the political culture.
"Paul staked out such an aggressive dialogue on cutting government that some of the steps we've taken in the legislature and at the federal level are possible because Ron Paul talked about it to the extent that it became politically palatable," Helland said.
"Ron Paul is the most successful presidential candidate in the last couple decades, even though he hasn't won the election," he continued. "He has shaped the dialogue."

ARay11
05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
WhEre Oh wHerE hAS mY LitLle VoTe GoNe
OH WhEre Oh wHerE cAn It bE
WiTh SaNtOruM oUt aNd nEWt GiNgRiCh aWaY
whEre Oh WhErE CaN iT Be.

In Oklahoma Santorum Received 14 Delegates and Gingrich 13
Who would those delegates have gone to if Romney and Paul had been the only two left on suuper tuesday?

Franco
05-06-2012, 09:08 PM
WhEre Oh wHerE hAS mY LitLle VoTe GoNe
OH WhEre Oh wHerE cAn It bE
WiTh SaNtOruM oUt aNd nEWt GiNgRiCh aWaY
whEre Oh WhErE CaN iT Be.

In Oklahoma Santorum Received 14 Delegates and Gingrich 13
Who would those delegates have gone to if Romney and Paul had been the only two left on suuper tuesday?

It really depends on which candidate has the best organization within the state. I would suspect most of those delegates will win up with Ron Paul as there is a lot of animosity between Rmoney and Satorum/Gingrich supporters.

News this weekend has Ron Paul winning Maine. Add Maine to the list with Iowa, Louisiana, N Dakota, Minnesota, Nevada with more states possibly when they caucus. A win in Texas would be huge and make the media pay attention to what is happening.

It won't be possible for him to win on the first ballot. However, he can win enough delegates so that Romney can't win on the first ballot. If that happens, then all delegates become unbound and can vote for whomever in a 2nd round of voting. Paul's chances exponentially increase if Romney doesn't get 1144 votes on the 1st ballot at the convention.

HOPW ABOUT THESE COMMENTS IN THE LOS ANGELES TIMES!
http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-pn-ron-paul-continues-delegate-offensive-wins-big-in-nevada-maine-20120507/10