PDA

View Full Version : Crucify Them!!

road kill
04-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Hey, you progressives, defend thsi IDIOT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9CSaHGHqOU

God lord.........:rolleyes:

paul young
04-27-2012, 07:49 AM
his use of words is indefensible.

however, i think that Mr. Imhofe is glossing over the fact that many communities HAVE had problems with their groundwater supplies that seem to be linked to this practice. one company, in particular, Southwestern, seems to come up in the instances in the link below.

Geology with an emphasis in groundwater was my minor when i was an undergraduate. (40 years ago, good god, am i getting to be an old fart!!) it seems very plausible to me that substances other than natural gas are released from those formations which can become dissolved in water underground, and that water can contaminate aquifers used for domestic purposes. while i am sure there are formations that could be exploited safely, i am equally sure that there are those that pose a risk to groundwater supplies. whatever agency is reviewing and approving the permit applications needs to have fully qualified personnel doing this, and at the state level, there needs to be vigorous monitoring of the actual operations in the field. the EPA should be working with the State to make sure those people involved with regulation and oversight are adequately qualified, not hounddogging the the energy companies.

anyway, that's my opinion.

i hope you read the entire link. there are a lot of commonalities to this anecdotal evidence from people spread out across the country.

http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/amall/incidents_where_hydraulic_frac.html

road kill
04-27-2012, 08:57 AM
his use of words is indefensible.

however, i think that Mr. Imhofe is glossing over the fact that many communities HAVE had problems with their groundwater supplies that seem to be linked to this practice. one company, in particular, Southwestern, seems to come up in the instances in the link below.

Geology with an emphasis in groundwater was my minor when i was an undergraduate. (40 years ago, good god, am i getting to be an old fart!!) it seems very plausible to me that substances other than natural gas are released from those formations which can become dissolved in water underground, and that water can contaminate aquifers used for domestic purposes. while i am sure there are formations that could be exploited safely, i am equally sure that there are those that pose a risk to groundwater supplies. whatever agency is reviewing and approving the permit applications needs to have fully qualified personnel doing this, and at the state level, there needs to be vigorous monitoring of the actual operations in the field. the EPA should be working with the State to make sure those people involved with regulation and oversight are adequately qualified, not hounddogging the the energy companies.

anyway, that's my opinion.

i hope you read the entire link. there are a lot of commonalities to this anecdotal evidence from people spread out across the country.

http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/amall/incidents_where_hydraulic_frac.html
Paul,
Try to understand this.

There may well be a myriad of issues as described in the link.

They would require a serious professional to deal with them.

My problem is that we do NOT have that!!
To use the language he used and to have the cavalier attitude he displayed is counter productive at the least.

This kind of behavior is disgusting, but consistant through out this administration!

stan b

luvmylabs23139
04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Well he's history. Quit!

Jim Danis
04-30-2012, 03:45 PM
As far as the link of Fracking to contanimated ground water our state did a study, commissioned by our Democratic Governor, and they concluded that Fracking does not contribute to ground water contanimation.