PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting thoughts

Matt McKenzie
05-01-2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.fredoneverything.net/RecedingTide.shtml

This guy has an interesting perspective on lots of issues. I've only read a few of his columns so far, but he's given me some things to think about.

Franco
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Good read!

That is why we need a genuine reformer and not more of the same.

How can Repubs back R-money when he is a Wall St insider and backed TARP (which still owes the American tax payer near 80 billion)? Wall St and our own Federal Reserve is controlled by international bankers and not the American tax payer. Where was the outrage when the American people finally got a peake at the shennagans of the Federal Reserve's lending of nearly 11 TRILLION to foreign bankers? Legal theft needs to stop now!

Marvin S
05-02-2012, 10:50 PM
http://www.fredoneverything.net/RecedingTide.shtml

This guy has an interesting perspective on lots of issues. I've only read a few of his columns so far, but he's given me some things to think about.

Matt - in order read "Conscience of a Conservative" - 1960
"Goldwater" - 1980
I think you would enjoy both of them If you haven't already:),

HPL
05-03-2012, 09:20 AM
An interesting read. I found the part about the police especially on point. In our little town (pop 25,000 ish) we have a "task force" that dresses in the "ninja" uniform (all black with face scarves). We are right on hwy 77 about 120 miles north of the Mexican border and 77 is a major drug corridor. Well, our task force spends most of their time sitting on the hwy hoping to catch drug runners passing through. The problem I have with that is that has little to do with the quality of life here in town. Those drug runners are just passing through. I want the local police to spend their time patrolling our streets and solving the local burglaries (which are rampant) and leave the patrolling of the highway to the state troopers. In the past year of so about half the houses in my neighborhood (middle class) have been burgled. I lost all my tools, and just the other day, someone stole my lawn mower. I have a neighbor who had his AC condenser unit stolen, another that had all their guns taken, another that was renovating his house and had all the new windows stolen, etc., etc., etc.
A few days ago the task force caught a vehicle on a "routine traffic stop" that was loaded down with ammo and heading south. The second fuel tank was completely full of 7.62 as was the spare tire. The doors were stuffed with large capacity magazines. All headed for Mexico. (Not positive that I'm opposed to them getting ammo to kill each other with) but the part that really bothered me was that when they did the perp walk on TV the police men were in black uniforms with full face coverage black stocking caps like you see in photos of law enforcement officers in Mexico. We are doomed.......