PDA

View Full Version : For those who voted for President Obama and for those who are going to vote for him?

backagain
05-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I would just like to know why you voted for him in 2008 and why are you voting for him again? If you did vote for him in 2008 and now are going to vote for another speak up as well.

zeus3925
05-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Because the previous gang couldn't shoot straight. They lied to get us in a two front war without calculating the cost, gave tax cuts to their buddies while racking up enormous debt. They gave out non-bid construction contracts for Iraq to their buddies but failed to employ the requisite oversight- loosing track of $billions in the process. They failed to jump in and control the wild financial fictions that drove the economy into ruin and then doing nothing hoping to catch the next guy in office. I liked McCain until he showed he could not mange the economic drift we were in--in fact he was clueless. Picking Palin for a running mate was the last straw from an addled mind.

Then the GOP ( Grand Obstructionist Party ) plays stonewall and blames the dysfunction on everyone else. They have had 2 years to propose something innovative and they flunked at every turn. There is nothing new in their thinking. They bungled several primaries, notably in Missouri. They were grousing about fiscal mismanagement, yet several of their candidates ran their campaigns in to deep debt. Several in their haste to beat Obama bungled filing deadlines. Couldn't remember the three federal departments they wanted to eliminate. Were for 999 only because it was the inversion of 666. Were for universal healthcare before they were "agin" it. "Ate cheesy grits for the first time so now I'm one of y'all!" Right!

The Bushies could care less in finding where Osama bin Ladin was hiding. To them he was an excuse to take away American freedoms. At least Obama and his minions dotted the dude and fed his sorry carcass to the fish of the Indian Ocean. Obama has the bad guys jumpy as cats wondering if the next drone has a missile with their name on it. To me, that shows some determination and sisu.

My retirement savings were nearly wiped out under Bush and his minions. Those guys cost me some big money and thus there is no way I am going to forget and vote Republican in the anywhere near future. I am voting for Obama as the only viable alternative to what the GOP has become--a nattering source of rectal discomfort. Not because I think Obama's likeness should be chiseled into Mt. Rushmore.

Cody Covey
05-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Because the previous gang couldn't shoot straight. They lied to get us in a two front war without calculating the cost, gave tax cuts to their buddies while racking up enormous debt. They gave out non-bid construction contracts for Iraq to their buddies but failed to employ the requisite oversight- loosing track of $billions in the process. They failed to jump in and control the wild financial fictions that drove the economy into ruin and then doing nothing hoping to catch the next guy in office. I liked McCain until he showed he could not mange the economic drift we were in--in fact he was clueless. Picking Palin for a running mate was the last straw from an addled mind.

Then the GOP ( Grand Obstructionist Party ) plays stonewall and blames the dysfunction on everyone else. They have had 2 years to propose something innovative and they flunked at every turn. There is nothing new in their thinking. They bungled several primaries, notably in Missouri. They were grousing about fiscal mismanagement, yet several of their candidates ran their campaigns in to deep debt. Several in their haste to beat Obama bungled filing deadlines. Couldn't remember the three federal departments they wanted to eliminate. Were for 999 only because it was the inversion of 666. Were for universal healthcare before they were "agin" it. "Ate cheesy grits for the first time so now I'm one of y'all!" Right!

The Bushies could care less in finding Osama bin Ladin was. To them he was an excuse to take away American freedoms. At least Obama and his minions dotted the dude and fed his sorry carcass to the fish of the Indian Ocean. Obama has the bad guys jumpy as cats wondering if the next drone has a missile with their name on it. To me, that shows some determination and sisu.

My retirement savings were nearly wiped out under Bush and his minions. Those guys cost me some big money and thus there is no way I am going to forget and vote Republican in the anywhere near future. I am voting for Obama as the only viable alternative to what the GOP has become--a nattering source of rectal discomfort. Not because I think Obama's likeness should be chiseled into Mt. Rushmore.

I won't argue your Bush points because I will not change your mind on it and certainly don't disagree with all that you have said. BUT...most of those things you said Bush did to you Obama has done as well and in some cases worse.

Brandoned
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM

The Bushies could care less in finding where Osama bin Ladin was hiding. To them he was an excuse to take away American freedoms. At least Obama and his minions dotted the dude and fed his sorry carcass to the fish of the Indian Ocean. Obama has the bad guys jumpy as cats wondering if the next drone has a missile with their name on it. To me, that shows some determination and sisu.

Wow talk about drinking the Kool-Aid! But I do give you credit, you are one of the few that will still admit they voted for him!

Franco
05-08-2012, 01:02 PM

Would you have a link as to where Missouri was bungled?

Now, if you are talking about the lack of support for Rmoney in the delegate selection process then one must consider;

Rmoney's campaign is all money(TV ads) and no street team, few volunteers. Just because Ron Paul's supporters are passionate and worked within the system to rack up delegates is nothing more than a well thought out effort to win the nomination within the rules of the delegate selection! The fact that RP's actual delegate count is much closer to Rmoney's than the media will report tells one that the MSM media like Fox News, NBC etc are in bed with Rmoney and Obama. We refer to Rmoney and/or Obama as Rombama. Both govern by polls!

What is even more amazing is that RP is doing this without the support of a Super PAC. The money RP has raised is from concerned private citizens and not PACs supported by Wall St, the Military Industrial Complex or any other organization looking for payback by getting their man elected! RP's Liberty PAC is made of of private donations from citizens and not corporations looking for favors if their man wins!

sandyg
05-08-2012, 02:14 PM
I voted for him to prove I wasn't a racist. This year I'm going to prove I'm not an idiot.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM

My retirement savings were nearly wiped out under Bush and his minions. Those guys cost me some big money and thus there is no way I am going to forget and vote Republican in the anywhere near future. I am voting for Obama as the only viable alternative to what the GOP has become--a nattering source of rectal discomfort. Not because I think Obama's likeness should be chiseled into Mt. Rushmore.Will i applaud you on admitting this. You just must not be a fan of individual liberties

backagain
05-08-2012, 02:43 PM
I voted for him to prove I wasn't a racist. This year I'm going to prove I'm not an idiot.

So you are voting for Romney then?

dixidawg
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Doesn't voting for someone based on skin color prove just the opposite??

Cody Covey
05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Its a joke guys...

dixidawg
05-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Its a joke guys...

Who? The president?

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 03:42 PM
You just must not be a fan of individual liberties

Just the opposite!

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 04:04 PM
What is even more amazing is that RP is doing this without the support of a Super PAC. The money RP has raised is from concerned private citizens and not PACs supported by Wall St, the Military Industrial Complex or any other organization looking for payback by getting their man elected! RP's Liberty PAC is made of of private donations from citizens and not corporations looking for favors if their man wins!

Franco, all respect is due to you in your allegiance to your man, Ron Paul. Love to hear the man talk and he does have some decent ideas. Too bad he is running in the wrong party.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Just the opposite!But you will vote for Obama, Again? Every day he sign more and more of our individual liberties away.

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
But you will vote for Obama, Again? Every day he sign more and more of our individual liberties away.

What rights and liberties he has signed away?? The right to stick my insurance company when you accidentally clip yourself chopping wood or when you blow an artery?

sandyg
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Being a liberal is the art of standing on ones own head and telling the rest of the world that they are upside down.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 05:16 PM
What rights and liberties he has signed away?? The right to stick my insurance company when you accidentally clip yourself chopping wood or when you blow an artery?UMM the NDAA? Or the right to protest infront of the president? you no longer can protest in front of the president or secret service. Whats the point of the first amendment if you cannot voice you opinoin freely in front of the president.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
He also ran in 08' on the premise that he would close gitmo... what did he do he signed the NDAA giving the goverment the right to detain US citizens in Gitmo without due process

Franco
05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Franco, all respect is due to you in your allegiance to your man, Ron Paul. Love to hear the man talk and he does have some decent ideas. Too bad he is running in the wrong party.

Right man and the way the GOP is headed, probably in the wrong party. The Libertarian Party has already nominated a candidate for the coming election and I doubt RP will run as a 3rd party candidate. At a rally of nearly 4,000 this past weekend in Texas, a survey of 320 in attendence had nearly 38% indentify themselves as Independents. No doubt that many have left the "big government/limited liberties/big spending" Republican Party.

If we can't get pass the first round at the GOP convention then the consolation is that RP supporters will shape the party for the immediate future after Rmoney loses the election. Part of the delegate battle at the state caucuses includes electing RNC State party leaders. Over the next four years, they will overwhelmingly be RP supporters. Though RP won't run in 2016, if he doesn't get the nomination in August, at least RP followers will define the party platform as they win control of the Republican National Committee.

Bobby Jindal is livid that RP has the majority of La. delegates and we now control the GOP in the state. We basically told him that since he is backed Rick Perry that he should stick with that commitment!

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Right man and the way the GOP is headed, probably in the wrong party. The Libertarian Party has already nominated a candidate for the coming election and I doubt RP will run as a 3rd party candidate. At a rally of nearly 4,000 this past weekend in Texas, a survey of 320 in attendence had nearly 38% indentify themselves as Independents. No doubt that many have left the "big government/limited liberties/big spending" Republican Party.

If we can't get pass the first round at the GOP convention then the consolation is that RP supporters will shape the party for the immediate future after Rmoney loses the election. Part of the delegate battle at the state caucuses includes electing RNC State party leaders. Over the next four years, they will overwhelmingly be RP supporters. Though RP won't run in 2016, if he doesn't get the nomination in August, at least RP followers will define the party platform as they win control of the Republican National Committee.

Bobby Jindal is livid that RP has the majority of La. delegates and we now control the GOP in the state. We basically told him that we thought he was backing Rick Perry and he should stick with that commitment!
Franco Lets Go to Tampa! we can do some training before the convention

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Here is a video where he tells us he will be held accountable... unfortuanty most will not

http://youtu.be/icKw3h64nr4

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
UMM the NDAA? Or the right to protest infront of the president? you no longer can protest in front of the president or secret service. Whats the point of the first amendment if you cannot voice you opinoin freely in front of the president.

That went out with Richard Nixon. Remember buses parked in front of the White House??

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
That went out with Richard Nixon. Remember buses parked in front of the White House??
Read HR 347

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 05:49 PM
UMM the NDAA? Or the right to protest infront of the president? you no longer can protest in front of the president or secret service. Whats the point of the first amendment if you cannot voice you opinoin freely in front of the president.

The NDAA 2012 was a affirmation of the AUMF signed by "W". The rights you are concerned about were taken away on his watch. The reason Gitmo isn't closed is largely due to the objections of a republican congress that doesn't want to see the matter brought before tribunals in the CONUS.

ARay11
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
I do not like Obama because he signed into law a bill which he had not read.
He also wants to mandate where I spend what little I have left after paying him.
I think I sense a cat in the hat rhyme coming on.....

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Read HR 347

Your boys control the House. If they really are for first amendment rights, they know how to stonewall this one. They are pretty good at it.

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I do not like Obama because he signed into law a bill which he had not read.
He also wants to mandate where I spend what little I have left after paying him.
I think I sense a cat in the hat rhyme coming on.....

Fine Aray, but, when we both get hurt at the same time in the same hospital, the hospital will take it out of my insurance's hide for your care, because you are too cheap to buy your own. That is dead wrong. My insurance premium is going to reflect that.

Now what is the GOP alternative?? There isn't one.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
The NDAA 2012 was a affirmation of the AUMF signed by "W". The rights you are concerned about were taken away on his watch. The reason Gitmo isn't closed is largely due to the objections of a republican congress that doesn't want to see the matter brought before tribunals in the CONUS.
I never brought "W" up once.. ther you go blaming bush. Obama signed it its his fault. Stop blaming bush. As for the comment my boys are in the house... They are not my "boy" is Ron Paul. you still are a sheople of Barack Obama and the entitlement party. It pointless to debate anyone who just blames past presidents and doesntdig into the info. If you did understand the constitution and individual liberties you would absolutely not vote for Barack Obama in Nov.

Franco
05-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Franco Lets Go to Tampa! we can do some training before the convention

Sounds like a plan and I've already scheduled the week off but, I'm flying!;-)

Enjoy

“Getting” Ron Paul

Most journalists simply don’t get Ron Paul. A big part of it is journalists not being able to understand anything other than what they’ve been taught to understand, which in politics amounts to little more than the horserace before them. Journalists understand how to cover a conventional campaign. They really don’t know what to do with a movement. Plus, they can be pretty lazy. Trust me.
In his review of Reason’s Brian Doherty’s book on Dr. Paul, James Antle makes some keen observations concerning Ron Paul and media coverage at Real Clear Books: (http://www.realclearbooks.com/articles/2012/05/03/finally_a_journalist_who_gets_ron_paul_14.html)
Brian Doherty aside, most reporters don’t know what to make of Ron Paul. This observation isn’t simply a clichéd swipe at the “drive-by media” or the dinosaurs of the dreaded “MSM.” To the working press, from the Red Bull-addled gumshoes at Internet start-ups to grizzled veterans of the campaign trail, Paul’s two Republican presidential bids simply do not compute.
This only partly due to liberal bias, the smothering conventional wisdom that sees no practical difference between restoring the Constitution and returning the powdered wig to its proper place in American fashion. Gold standard? Letters of marque and reprisal? Mainstream media eyes glaze over…
The biggest problem is that there is no easy media narrative for what Paul is doing. The success or failure of most presidential campaigns is determined by two simple metrics: winning the nomination and winning the White House. Whatever his principled disagreements with Mitt Romney, when Rick Santorum suspended his presidential campaign, that was all she wrote. There is no generation of Rick Santorum Republicans ready to run in his place. When John Kerry came up short in Ohio against George W. Bush in 2004, he became yesterday’s news…

(But Paul) is still attracting crowds that number in the thousands on the stump. His online money bombs raise millions of dollars even as this late stage of the campaign. Most importantly, his supporters are crowding Republican state conventions and district meetings. The result is that Paul is accumulating a surprising number of delegates…
The Ron Paul forces are still giving the Republican establishment fits months after their campaign was presumed dead. They took 16 out of 19 delegates allocated by congressional district caucuses in Romney’s home state of Massachusetts. Paulites even denied a delegate slot to Romney’s former lieutenant governor. Delegate-wise, Paul may turn out to be the winner in Iowa after all. The state GOP will be chaired by Paul supporters in both Iowa and Alaska.
Paul’s legacy includes dozens of Ron Paul Republicans, the most successful being his son Rand Paul, the junior senator from Kentucky, and the up-and-coming young Michigan Congressman Justin Amash. This is what makes Paul so hard for the media to cover: he is clearly having a bigger long-term impact than the 1972 John Ashbrook presidential campaign, but movement-building doesn’t fit neatly into the horserace mentality of most political journalism.
Doherty ends his book with an exchange between Paul and an ABC News reporter. What would Paul do to improve his poll numbers? “I don’t change my message,” Paul replied. He then followed up with what Doherty describes as “that slightly hesitant Ron Paul thoughtfulness”: “I change minds.”
Ron Paul is changing the Republican Party right before our very eyes

ARay11
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Fine Aray, but, when we both get hurt at the same time in the same hospital, the hospital will take it out of my insurance's hide for your care, because you are too cheap to buy your own. That is dead wrong. My insurance premium is going to reflect that.

Now what is the GOP alternative?? There isn't one.

So your insurance premium has decreased??

Didn't think so.

Mine didn't either.

Get real.

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I never brought "W" up once.. ther you go blaming bush. Obama signed it its his fault. Stop blaming bush. As for the comment my boys are in the house... They are not my "boy" is Ron Paul. you still are a sheople of Barack Obama and the entitlement party. It pointless to debate anyone who just blames past presidents and doesntdig into the info. If you did understand the constitution and individual liberties you would absolutely not vote for Barack Obama in Nov.

I read your HR347. The HR means it originated in the house which is territory hostile to the POTUS. It needs to be passed by the majority of the GOP in the House whose convention you plan to attend as a delegate. They are members of the party with which you affiliate. They are your boys.

As for "W", he curtailed your rights. Obama might have done more to get them back, but "W" is the culprit.

My decision to back Obama for a second term is as a result of a lack a viable alternative in the GOP. Your prospective nominee has a gift for chasing his own tail. He has more flip flops than a carton of Aunt Jemima's

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I read your HR347. The HR means it originated in the house which is territory hostile to the POTUS. It needs to be passed by the majority of the GOP in the House whose convention you plan to attend as a delegate. They are members of the party with which you affiliate. They are your boys.

As for "W", he curtailed your rights. Obama might have done more to get them back, but "W" is the culprit.

My decision to back Obama for a second term is as a result of a lack a viable alternative in the GOP. Your prospective nominee has a gift for chasing his own tail. He has more flip flops than a carton of Aunt Jemima's
Name 1 Thing he "flip flopped" on.

He also would never except medicare he would either do the procedure for free or lower the price so the patient could pay it.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Also name 1 thing Obama has done to restore our rights?

Once again "W" did curtail our rights. I agree 100% but Obama has done nothing to restore anything

Franco
05-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Insurance premiums have gone up and will continue to sky rocket as a result of Obamacare. One doesn't add 30-40 million uminsured to Obamacare without someone paying for it. Mine have doubled over the last two years!

I detest Obama's Class Warfare, he doesn't have much else to run on so he might as well stir up the "under achievers" in this country to cry out against the productive.

I hate the fact that he will pander to the illegal invasion of the USA in securing the Hispnaic vote. Amnesty is just around the corner if we get another 4 years of O. See Holders opposition to Voter ID. Romney will do the same and may even ask unqualified Rubio to be his running mate. Notice that VP candidates aren't exactly lining up to be on his ticket! No one wants to be on a losing ticket.

Obama hates the oil industry that fuels our economy. His alternatives are mere pie in the sky.

His economic policy is a disaster. He inherited a very difficult situation and made it worse.

Whereas, Romney is clueless when it comes to Foreign Policy. He also needs to constantly check with his consultants to determine his stance on issues.

Rmoney supported the bailout of his friends on Wall St when they should have been allowed to fail. The only thing he has brought to his campaign is a lot of money. Which he'll need since he doesn't have many volunteers!

He is a flip flopper and doesn't know where he stands on anything!

If these are our two choices come November, we are ________!

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 06:49 PM

He also would never except medicare he would either do the procedure for free or lower the price so the patient could pay it.

There ain't no free lunch, son.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
There ain't no free lunch, son.
If you are a patient of Dr. Paul, there is.

Franco
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
RP has deliver over 350 babies that qualified for Medicade and RP didn't charge the government for his services. Obama and Michelle take lavish vacations on tax payer money instead of setting a good example and Romney is well...Romney. Uninspiring, boring, unqualified and out of touch.

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 07:16 PM
So your insurance premium has decreased??

Didn't think so.

Mine didn't either.

Get real.

Nope, because the old system is still in place for a couple more years

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Sorry, I should have said your party's prospective nominee, you know what's his name--Willard. Actually, Dr. Paul sometimes makes a little sense--sometimes.

Franco
05-08-2012, 07:23 PM

Not really. We are in the transition stage. Insurance companies are very nervous and raising the prices on everything.

Some very big corporations are saying that is more financially feasable to drop coverage all together and pay the fine than pay the bloating premiums. They are also willing to cut jobs so as to pay less fines. See the Willis Report for more.

The reality is that we are just now finding out what is in Obamacare. No one had time to read it much less debate it. It was rammed down our throats when the Dems controlled both houses.

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Not really. We are in the transition stage. Insurance companies are very nervous and raising the prices on everything.

Some very big corporations are saying that is more financially feasable to drop coverage all together and pay the fine than pay the bloating premiums. They are also willing to cut jobs so as to pay less fines. See the Willis Report for more.

The reality is that we are just now finding out what is in Obamacare. No one had time to read it much less debate it. It was rammed down our throats when the Dems controlled both houses.

What do you propose to replace it with? The pre-Obama system is broken. It no longer functions. Obama's is based on a GOP model which Willard was for until Obama passed it. It's not perfect by a long shot. ( In fact, I like The French model a lot better.) But, its what we have. What is the GOP proposal.? Nothing!

backagain
05-08-2012, 07:49 PM
What do you propose to replace it with? The pre-Obama system is broken. It no longer functions. Obama's is based on a GOP model which Willard was for until Obama passed it. It's not perfect by a long shot. ( In fact, I like The French model a lot better.) But, its what we have. What is the GOP proposal.? Nothing!

A true free market system would be nice.

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM
A true free market system would be nice.

Pray you don't get sick, Martha, because they'll take the farm to pay the bills.

Unless you have spent some recent time in a hospital, you have no idea what you are in store for when you see the bill. How much do you think the bill is for just the hospital room for one day??

Franco
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
What do you propose to replace it with? The pre-Obama system is broken. It no longer functions. Obama's is based on a GOP model which Willard was for until Obama passed it. It's not perfect by a long shot. In fact, I like The French model a lot better.

If the Free Market were allowed in Healthcare, not only would premiums drop but so would perscription drugs. Insurance compaies need to be allowed to compete nationally. It is the competition that will make them more affordable.

And, I still don't understand why Tort Reform wasn't addressed with Oabamacare. Other than trial lawyers huge contributions to Obama's campaign. Attorneys drive the prices of all insurance up whether it be health or auto.

The indigent can get care now. There are charity systems is just about every town in America. True that they don't get the preventative care but when has life ever been fair? And, it certainly isn't fair to make folks pay for the healthcare of others. That is just but one case of Liberty lost!

Make the insurance and big pharma companies competitve and let the market work it out. That was the American way and it served us well for decades. It wasn't until the 1960's that we started to head in the wrong direction. If we continue to move in the direction of a nanny state, then we will lose more of our Liberties as well as wealth and opportunities.

Franco
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM

In 2005 I had two stints placed in my heart. My out of pocket was $1,800. In February 2012 I had two more stints inserted and my out of pocket was $7,400.

Same insurance company! When I asked them why it was so much more, their responce was, "everything is going up".

I said, "bulls--t, prices haven't increased that much"! But, it has in the medical world as insurance companies are getting ready for Obamacare.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
If the Free Market were allowed in Healthcare, not only would premiums drop but so would perscription drugs. Insurance compaies need to be allowed to compete nationally. It is the competition that will make them more affordable.

And, I still don't understand why Tort Reform wasn't addressed with Oabamacare. Other than trial lawyers huge contributions to Obama's campaign. Attorneys drive the prices of all insurance up whether it be health or auto.

The indigent can get care now. There are charity systems is just about every town in America. True that they don't get the preventative care but when has life ever been fair? And, it certainly isn't fair to make folks pay for the healthcare of others. That is just but one case of Liberty lost!

Make the insurance and big pharma companies competitve and let the market work it out. That was the American way and it served us well for decades. It wasn't until the 1960's that we started to head in the wrong direction. If we continue to move in the direction of a nanny state, then we will lose more of our Liberties as well as wealth and opportunities.Right on! Sounds like a solution to me.

Also, there are a lot of families who cannot afford health insurance but have extravagent cars, entertainment systems, lavish vacations. if they prioitized there affairs correctly they could pay for it.

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Lack of competition is not the reason pharmaceuticals are so high. A lot of the citizens of this state charter buses to Winnipeg, Canada where the price of the same drugs are pennies on the dollar less at private pharmacies. Don't they have socialized medicine there?

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
In 2005 I had two stints placed in my heart. My out of pocket was $1,800. In February 2012 I had two more stints inserted and my out of pocket was $7,400.

Same insurance company! When I asked them why it was so much more, their responce was, "everything is going up".

I said, "bulls--t, prices haven't increased that much"! But, it has in the medical world as insurance companies are getting ready for Obamacare.

Because you were billed in part for those that weren't covered. The hospitals are required to treat everybody. They usually aren't able to get much out of a 25 year old that piles up his ninja bike. They can bill him and dun him but, ultimately you don't get blood from a turnip. Then comes along you, The hospital has to make a profit somehow or the board will take a dim view on things.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Dont forget all the " un documented" who go into the hospital receive the healthcare and never pay.

Franco
05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Because you were billed in part for those that weren't covered. The hospitals are required to treat everybody. They usually aren't able to get much out of a 25 year old that piles up his ninja bike. They can bill him and dun him but, ultimately you don't get blood from a turnip. Then comes along you, The hospital has to make a profit somehow or the board will take a dim view on things.

The situation was no different in 2005, yet an out of pocket increase from 1,800 to 7,400!

That increase in more than mere cost to do buisness or inflation.

Another subject but, the rising cost of medical and energy aren't figured into inflation only because the politicians don't want to take the heat!

M&K's Retrievers
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
There's no arguing with anyone who will admit they will vote for Obama twice.

Corey Capozzi
05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
There's no arguing with anyone who will admit they will vote for Obama twice.
Darnit thats what i was gonna say! well said :p

Franco
05-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Sure there is! Besides, Sarge is a Lab guy and worth saving. And, I think he is a closet RP supporter:D

Embrace Liberty and help us Restore America Sarge!

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Come on boys you can't give up now. The way I see it it is Obama vs. Willard come the fall and you guys insist it is Obama vs. RP. Whatever, when you guys come up with a decent candidate I might reconsider, but it isn't this year. But, hey, this is America! You are entitled to your viewpoint as I am to mine!

Franco
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Come on boys you can't give up now. The way I see it it is Obama vs. Willard come the fall and you guys insist it is Obama vs. RP. Whatever, when you guys come up with a decent candidate I might reconsider, but it isn't this year. But, hey, this is America! You are entitled to your viewpoint as I am to mine!

No, I still think RP is the long shot but, it could happen. It needs to happen or it may be too late and the America of our fathers will be forever gone.

And while were are at it, lets take most of the money we spend policing the world and rebuild our countries infastructure!

Lets take care of America first!

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 09:13 PM
And while were are at it, lets take most of the money we spend policing the world and rebuild our countries infrastructure!

Lets take care of America first!

Best thing you said all night, Franco! See ya tomorrow!

zeus3925
05-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Sure there is! Besides, Sarge is a Lab guy and worth saving. And, I think he is a closet RP supporter:D

Embrace Liberty and help us Restore America Sarge!

Thanks for the support, Franco. I think the GOP needs a wake up call. It needs to retire the mean spirited geezers in golf pants, if it is going to get my vote. RP may be the force that brings a renaissance. However, he will have to get by the 1%-ers who are trying their best to foist Willard on us.

Cody Covey
05-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the support, Franco. I think the GOP needs a wake up call. It needs to retire the mean spirited geezers in golf pants, if it is going to get my vote. RP may be the force that brings a renaissance. However, he will have to get by the 1%-ers who are trying their best to foist Willard on us.

Did you used to vote Republican? If so was it "Bush" that made you turn away.

(Not a gotcha question. Genuinely curious but I hold no responsibility for others actions)

backagain
05-09-2012, 02:51 AM
I donated to Ron Paul's campaign and took my kids to every rally or Tea Party event in Kentucky where his son Rand Paul was speaking.

He is not going to be the nominee and so my vote this fall will go to Romney.

I can't understand anyone voting for the communist Obama but it is a free country for now.

ARay11
05-09-2012, 09:29 AM
40% of the dem voted for an INMATE in one state...
dems are fed up with obama
Willing to bet that 40% of repubs dont like Rmoney
I am not a fan... he's far too pompous for me.

I am tired of voting for the lesser of two weevils.

charly_t
05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
40% of the dem voted for an INMATE in one state...
dems are fed up with obama
Willing to bet that 40% of repubs dont like Rmoney
I am not a fan... he's far too pompous for me.

I am tired of voting for the lesser of two weevils.

Bingo ! Just 'no good' ( take this two ways, vbeg ) candidates running in most cases.

Gerry Clinchy
05-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Zeus, it just seems inconceivable to me that we could get 12 million+ more people to have health insurance, and not have the rest of us still paying for it as we do now ... no matter what.

It is possible that your health insurance premium will "stabilize", but we will STILL have to pay for the health care and/or insurance for those who haven't been able to afford it now (or probably for several years prior). Taxes will simply be raised so that the $ can be allocated to that "program." End result: the working stiff gets to keep less of their hard-earned money.

And there will still be undocumented immigrants and the homeless who will be walking into emergency rooms.

Insurance has always been for "catastrophic" loss. Now we have come to believe that it should be for every expense.

We also know that the cost of medical care has increased for a couple of reasons: incredible paperwork generated by insurance companies (and govt); frivolous lawsuits; fraud; and medical treatment advances. Imagine, if the only insurance was for costs that exceeded $10,000. No paperwork for anyone up to that amount (just you keeping your receipts). And for those who are at lower incomes, a payment plan for their expenses that is based on their income. Then EVERYONE pays their own way. Actuarily, eliminating the nickel and dime reimbursements should save a lot in paperwork-shuffling labor costs.

When you get to the lowest levels of income, that may still not work. And you will STILL have people walking/or being carried into the emergency rooms without financial means for payment.

I see as the final result ... everybody being compelled into a govt-run system because insurance companies will find it impossible to offer coverage at an affordable cost. And once it's a govt system, there will be even less recourse for choices of care than one may have now. Then, following the pattern in the UK, we will find that individuals will actually be encouraged to contract directly with their providers for care. Seems like full-circle to me. The wealthy will be able to travel to off-shore providers for care, while the rest of us will not have much choice.

troy schwab
05-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Pray you don't get sick, Martha, because they'll take the farm to pay the bills.

Unless you have spent some recent time in a hospital, you have no idea what you are in store for when you see the bill. How much do you think the bill is for just the hospital room for one day??

Sarge, can you explain this statement, please? Insurance is unjustly priced due to monopolies, clearly. Why shouldnt I be able to "shop" for my health insurance????? It would make it much more affordable to many more americans.

duckheads
05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I want to be able to shop for my hospital services and emergency room care. unfortuantely we only have one hospital in our county. Ever try to find someone to lodge a complaint to about the care your son receievd in the emergency room. Terrible servcie, rude PA (what a joke) who was in a hurry and spilt shit everywhere, did not use a topical on a 8 year old boy before he started sticking the needle in his wound to numb it, took 5 hours when the place was practically empty, two people were taken care of before an 8 yr old boy on a school night when we were there before them. Try to find someone that gives a crap. Oh but the PA's (what a joke) wife is in charge of all of the doctors in the physicians network that has the contract at the hospital. Must be why he thinks he can act however he pleases. The doctors don't even work for the hospital they work for the physicans network. The hospital can't do any thing about the doctors or i should say PA's. Can't wait to get the bill. Had three kids, two surgeries in that hospital and will never go back unless I have no choice! The medical field seems as though the do not need to worry about customer service.

backagain
05-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I want to be able to shop for my hospital services and emergency room care. unfortuantely we only have one hospital in our county. Ever try to find someone to lodge a complaint to about the care your son receievd in the emergency room. Terrible servcie, rude PA (what a joke) who was in a hurry and spilt shit everywhere, did not use a topical on a 8 year old boy before he started sticking the needle in his wound to numb it, took 5 hours when the place was practically empty, two people were taken care of before an 8 yr old boy on a school night when we were there before them. Try to find someone that gives a crap. Oh but the PA's (what a joke) wife is in charge of all of the doctors in the physicians network that has the contract at the hospital. Must be why he thinks he can act however he pleases. The doctors don't even work for the hospital they work for the physicans network. The hospital can't do any thing about the doctors or i should say PA's. Can't wait to get the bill. Had three kids, two surgeries in that hospital and will never go back unless I have no choice! The medical field seems as though the do not need to worry about customer service.

There is no true competition in the medical field now. The Gov. and trial lawyers have really hurt the medical industry.

Gerry Clinchy
05-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Another subject but, the rising cost of medical and energy aren't figured into inflation only because the politicians don't want to take the heat!
It is super ridiculous that food, energy, and medical are NOT figured into inflation and the COLA!!!

And the lower one's income those items are a larger part of the total budget.

Obviously, Bernanke & those who agree with him about "preventing deflation" do not do their own grocery shopping, pump their own gas or pay for their own medical costs. With this kind of sleight of hand, how can anybody believe they are economists and not flunkies?

zeus3925
05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Some interesting reading from the Kaiser Foundation:
http://healthreform.kff.org/

How about taking the quiz?
http://quiz.kff.org/uninsured/uninsured-quiz.aspx

mngundog
05-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Just read a article about the cost of having your appendix removed in Cal., the bills ranged from $1800 to $182,000 for the same procedure, not sure you can blame that on insurance companies or the government.

zeus3925
05-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Sarge, can you explain this statement, please? Insurance is unjustly priced due to monopolies, clearly. Why shouldnt I be able to "shop" for my health insurance????? It would make it much more affordable to many more americans.

Troy, I agree with your wish to shop for your health insurance. I trust you'll be prudent and make sure you are covered.

My concern is the young dude that goes out and buys a Ninja bike. He thinks he is invincible so he does the unrepublican thing --he passes on buying health insurance because he doesn't think he needs it. Mr. Invincible, on a warm Saturday night, crashes his ninja bike. He ends up in the emergency room and no insurance. He flips burgers for a living and owns no property except his bike. We can let him lie there bleeding until he expires-- a just consequence for not being prudent. After all, natural selection at work, eh?

But, Americans are not that callous. The Hill Burton Act, now incorporated into Title XVI of the Public Health Service Act, requires hospitals to treat all in need. Who is going to pick up that cost? Ultimately, some segment of the society is going to have to cough up.

We don't like government pushing our faces to the plate but yet this biker dude has got his hand in our wallet.

Let's say you are a new Republican congressman elected to congress in November. What would you propose??

JDogger
05-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

But we do...don't we? JD

Gerry Clinchy
05-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Just read a article about the cost of having your appendix removed in Cal., the bills ranged from $1800 to $182,000 for the same procedure, not sure you can blame that on insurance companies or the government.
Guess that would be where some fraud might enter the picture.

Gerry Clinchy
05-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Some interesting reading from the Kaiser Foundation:
http://healthreform.kff.org/

How about taking the quiz?
http://quiz.kff.org/uninsured/uninsured-quiz.aspx

I got 7 out of 10 correct ... but they didn't tell me which ones I got wrong or what the correct answer was. It would have been more educational if they had done that.

Gerry Clinchy
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Sarge. Obamacare will not fix stupid ... so biker dude will do exactly the same thing & pay the fine for not having health insurance, since it's cheaper than the insurance. Or he might be one of those getting his health insurance subsidized? And if biker dude recovers from his injuries, he should be required to set up a payment plan to pay for his medical care. Even paying a portion of of his costs would make some difference.

PA once had a pretty good idea for uninsured drivers. When you renewed your registration you paid $29 (I think) for "catastrophic coverage". In certain metro areas, where car insurance is very high-priced, it was/is not uncommon for people to get car insurance in order to register their vehicle, then drop it as quickly as possible. Then they would end up causing an accident and injuring someone else.

At least with the basic charge for EVERYone who registered, those who then became uninsured had to keep paying SOMEthing every year they registered their vehicle. The $ was set aside to provide for use for individuals who might be injured by one of those uninsured drivers beyond the amounts covered by their own car insurance.

That program disappeared, but I never knew why. This was several (20?) years ago. Probably something unconstitutional?

mngundog
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Guess that would be where some fraud might enter the picture.
You go in for an emergency operation, one hospital thinks $1800 is a fair price and one thinks $182,000 is a fair price, is that fraud or the fair market system?

Gerry Clinchy
05-09-2012, 11:50 PM
You go in for an emergency operation, one hospital thinks $1800 is a fair price and one thinks $182,000 is a fair price, is that fraud or the fair market system?
Not really enough details given on the two situations to come to a conclusion. Now if the $182,000 was for George Clooney, or someone in that 1% :-) ... it might be "what the traffic would bear" kind of thing.

troy schwab
05-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Troy, I agree with your wish to shop for your health insurance. I trust you'll be prudent and make sure you are covered.

My concern is the young dude that goes out and buys a Ninja bike. He thinks he is invincible so he does the unrepublican thing --he passes on buying health insurance because he doesn't think he needs it. Mr. Invincible, on a warm Saturday night, crashes his ninja bike. He ends up in the emergency room and no insurance. He flips burgers for a living and owns no property except his bike. We can let him lie there bleeding until he expires-- a just consequence for not being prudent. After all, natural selection at work, eh?

But, Americans are not that callous. The Hill Burton Act, now incorporated into Title XVI of the Public Health Service Act, requires hospitals to treat all in need. Who is going to pick up that cost? Ultimately, some segment of the society is going to have to cough up.

We don't like government pushing our faces to the plate but yet this biker dude has got his hand in our wallet.

Let's say you are a new Republican congressman elected to congress in November. What would you propose??

Sarge,
His hand is already in my wallet..... regardless..... but maybe if he could shop outside his state, he would be able to afford insurance. My family runs a small business that has offices in two states. We employ about fifty people. The employees in NY get medical, dental, and optical. The employees in PA only get medical, and we pay considerably more for the PA employees........ If I could buy all of our companies insurance in NY, I would save a large sum of money, while providing my employees with a better insurance plan. This is a major problem with healthcare...... needs to be looked at, for sure.

zeus3925
05-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Sarge,
His hand is already in my wallet..... regardless..... but maybe if he could shop outside his state, he would be able to afford insurance. My family runs a small business that has offices in two states. We employ about fifty people. The employees in NY get medical, dental, and optical. The employees in PA only get medical, and we pay considerably more for the PA employees........ If I could buy all of our companies insurance in NY, I would save a large sum of money, while providing my employees with a better insurance plan. This is a major problem with healthcare...... needs to be looked at, for sure.

Troy, you'll get no argument from me on that point. A good Republican would take advantage of a reduced cost opportunity. Not everybody is a good Republican. There are some Democrats and other assorted barbarians out there, who would use the money for other purposes including payments on ninja bikes. People don't always make wise econmoic choices. Their choice affects your and my wallet. You can't fix stupid but you might want to tax or fine it.

mngundog
05-10-2012, 07:42 AM

What about Mr Under-insured guy, I know several people who have blown by there 1 million max policies, I think about 95% of us fall into that category (max policies), where do you put the maximum at to protect me from people like them?

ARay11
05-10-2012, 09:35 AM
WE THE PEOPLE do not have lobbyists in DC on our behalf. WE THE PEOPLE do not have enough MONEY to change the landscape.

IINSURANCE, PHARMA, and big MEDICINE do.

Our lawmakers lean the sour effects of their decisions toward the group with the least money.

They COULD legislate open insurance borders (state to state) but then the insurance company would have to get competitive
They COULD change rules/laws governing research, development, and marketing of pharmas but then those companies might take a financial hit.
They COULD legislate what hospitals charge
They COULD change the laws in regards to frivilous law suits filed against doctors and their resulting malpractice insurance premiums.

but nahhhh..... those groups are where the money flows from. Can't inconvenience them.

The more I look, the more I see WE THE PEOPLE can't even elect anyone, much less have any say in policy.

Wag The Dog ...

BonMallari
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM

do you have any idea what medical malpractice insurance costs in California, my brother had some great offers to practice there but he didnt like the idea of paying 50% to insurance for a non surgical practice....Calif courts generally award the highest claims in malpractice cases...why else do Beverly Hills plastic surgeons charge so much for nose jobs and breast augmentations

mngundog
05-10-2012, 10:27 AM
do you have any idea what medical malpractice insurance costs in California, my brother had some great offers to practice there but he didnt like the idea of paying 50% to insurance for a non surgical practice....Calif courts generally award the highest claims in malpractice cases...why else do Beverly Hills plastic surgeons charge so much for nose jobs and breast augmentations
But the procedures where all done in Calif. so I would think that all the doctors were paying similar costs for malpractice insurance.

BonMallari
05-10-2012, 10:51 AM
But the procedures where all done in Calif. so I would think that all the doctors were paying similar costs for malpractice insurance.

Having the procedure done at County USC Medical Clinic is different than having it done at Cedars Sinai or the UCLA Medical Center in regard to costs

Gerry Clinchy
05-10-2012, 11:50 AM
The news is really in a sad state: the biggest headlines are about the POTUS giving his blessing to gay marriage ... while
... the Russians are thumbing their nose at us on just about every issue
... the Chinese pretty much in the Russians' pattern
... the withdrawal from Iraq seems to have turned into another Viet Nam
... the proposed withdrawal from A'stan is looking like it will be much the same
... the Iranians could give a hoot what we do or think as they build their nukes
... we're playing nicey-nicey with the Taliban even though they still promise to hate us
... our "good will" in Egypt & Libya have resulted in govts dominated by Muslim Brotherhood
... employment and inflation figures are jerry-rigged by ignoring potent factors in the #s
... there is no way in heck to balance the budget, as debt grows
... the economy is still wheezing
... we want to export more guns to other countries, but are supportive of UN measures to further restrict gun ownership to law-abiding citizens in our own country
... the UN wants Mt. Rushmore to be given back to its Native tribe rightful owners, but does nothing about Syria's Assad squelching all his opposition brutally
... the price of gas, and all other energy, remains at record levels, with no real plan in place to do anything about it
... the country seems more divided than ever along class, ideological and/or racial lines
... our politicians (just about all of them) have been & continue to be sheltered from the pain all of this inflicts on their constituents

... but, hey, the really big news is that the POTUS says gay marriage is fine with him, so all is right with the world at last.

What ARE we thinking?

Jason Glavich
05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
This thread got boring 8 pages ago.

:BIG:

Franco
05-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I'll add that the Senate is leaderless and isn't doing their job. They haven't proposed a budget in well over 1,000 days and have vetoed every budget proposed by the House as well as every jobs bill propsoed by the House. As Lou Dobbs said recently, "The President has basically checkout this past Labor Day to run his campaign and his inexperience is glaring in his lack of action and leadership"!

TerryW
05-10-2012, 12:45 PM

I've read that somewhere before... lol

M&K's Retrievers
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
You cannot argue with those that think health care is a right, that health care should be free or that insurance companies should not be allowed to make a profit.

Gimme, gimme, gimme, mine, mine, mine regards

BonMallari
05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
my take on those that voted for BHO and will do so again is that it is no longer about WHO is actually in the White House but which party is in power, and they will stop at nothing and do whatever it takes to stay in power, they would make a pact with the devil himself if they thought it would guarantee that they(as a party) stay in power

zeus3925
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
my take on those that voted for BHO and will do so again is that it is no longer about WHO is actually in the White House but which party is in power, and they will stop at nothing and do whatever it takes to stay in power, they would make a pact with the devil himself if they thought it would guarantee that they(as a party) stay in power

Think they might have gone to the Carl Rove Memorial School of Politics?

roseberry
05-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I voted for him to prove I wasn't a racist. .

sandy,
we would have taken your word for it, you didn't have to prove it!!!!!;-)

Uncle Bill
05-10-2012, 08:00 PM
My retirement savings were nearly wiped out under Bush and his minions. Those guys cost me some big money and thus there is no way I am going to forget and vote Republican in the anywhere near future. I am voting for Obama as the only viable alternative to what the GOP has become--a nattering source of rectal discomfort.

Another RTF Roger. Even if that is pure lies, and easily refuted, you wouldn't believe it because you are a lost soul, totally engulfed in keeping your ox from being gored, you don't want any truth.

Not because I think Obama's likeness should be chiseled into Mt. Rushmore.

That has already been tried, but we ran the semi with that humongous chunk of coal off the interstate at the Wyoming line. :rolleyes:

If you believe you are the first Obama sycophant on RTF, congrats. Keep up that arrogant view. I suspect it gets fueled every day by reading the Mpls Trib, and listening to all the liberal programs on TC's TV.

Now that he has admitted to his openly gay views, you must be even more proud of how well he is running this country.

It's my hope this nation will realize we must overcome fools like you, and return this nation to the people that made it the greatest in the world, not something you and he are ashamed of.

You see, Sarge, I'm not upset with the "prince of fools"...I'm upset with the fools that made him their prince, and expect the rest of us to bow down to him. If you think Bush was your downfall, give this oligarchy another 4 years, and explain that to your children.

UB

zeus3925
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
As I said before, this is America, Bill. In a democracy, people sometimes have different viewpoints. Sorry, mine doesn't coincide with yours. But, the difference does not merit you calling people "fools" or making slanderous statements about our state. I'll vote the way I see fit, for that is my right as an American. If that is a problem for you, too bad.

Terri
05-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I just wonder how Barry is going to look to the Muslims, blacks, and Latins who are mostly against Gay marriage. I guess he is not Muslim, his white side is taking over, and the Mexicans better watch out because you can never trust a flip flopper.

Terri

menmon
05-11-2012, 10:48 AM
OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Why: Most qualified

GOP is bought and paid for by big business...Obama is bought and paid for by the working man, and last time I looked, I have to get up and go to work.

GOP has the same tired rheteric that does not work, but it sounds good.

As for same sex marriages...I would be careful with that one too. Remember how poorly your position played with women.

Romney is out of touch with most people and he does not have a clue as to how to talk to them much less address their concerns.

Americans are feed up with Washington and I think the GOP has a lot to be worried about in November.

Zeus has done a good job explaining why you should support Obama, so I'm not going to add anymore. But good luck in November...it's going to be interesting!

road kill
05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

GOP is bought and paid for by big business...Obama is bought and paid for by the working man, and last time I looked, I have to get up and go to work.

As for same sex marriages...I would be careful with that one too. Remember how poorly your position played with women.

Romney is out of touch with most people and he does not have a clue as to how to talk to them much less address their concerns.

Americans are feed up with Washington and I think the GOP has a lot to be worried about in November.

Zeus has done a good job explaining why you should support Obama, so I'm not going to add anymore. But good luck in November...it's going to be interesting!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you here all week?
Should we tip the waitresses well??

The working man......you mean the UN-EMPLOYED?????

You funny!!!!:D

RK

Goose
05-11-2012, 11:16 AM
OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

We live in Cuba now.

zeus3925
05-11-2012, 11:36 AM
OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

My response is why I am going to support Obama. Anybody else can and should vote as they see fit. This is America after all.

road kill
05-11-2012, 11:39 AM
My response is why I am going to support Obama. Anybody else can and should vote as they see fit. This is America after all.
Just slightly different than the America I grew up in, fought for and Love.

But hey, as long as your happy!!!:D

zeus3925
05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Just slightly different than the America I grew up in, fought for and Love.

But hey, as long as your happy!!!:D

It is ever changing, isn't it?

Daniel J Simoens
05-11-2012, 12:01 PM

hmmmmmmmmm

Uncle Bill
05-11-2012, 12:13 PM
OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

Position yourself accordingly.

UB

BonMallari
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest stereo type going,BHO is bought and paid for by special interest groups, the Unions,and many other social and economic minority groups..Big business fuels BOTH parties but the rhetoric that big business is in the corner of the R's plays well to the D's

The D's play the same tune, just making the R's to be the Darth Vader enemy...it's the us vs them mentality, both sides use it, one of the reasons our country is so divided, the only time we are UNITED is when we are attacked, and even then we argue about how tom retaliate

Again you assume that all women side with the D's..maybe most of those that are into alternative lifestyles side with the D's (men and women),but mainstream America women are much more conservative than you think...just look at the cross section of female RTF members here, they are center-right, not liberal left NOW members

Keep thinking that way..Romney knows how to Govern which is what we need in the White House...we need a leader, not a slick talking lawyer

Talk to Harry Reid and company...both sides need a complete douche of the old guard, the Lugar,McCain,on one side and the Reid,Feinstein and other lifelong politicians need to go now

my responses in blue

menmon
05-11-2012, 01:57 PM
my responses in blue

Unions are for the working man...duh

Women are tired of men telling them what to do....the polls reflect it too.

most of the women on RTF live in rural areas...Obama does not do well in rual areas as a whole.

Romney could not get elected in his own state...he has tried to get the GOP nomination 3 times, so he is not loved by his own party.

Defense contractors own the GOP...I'm sick of it...you should be too.

I would take notice of what happend to the democrats during the last election...people are fed up with it. Stop blaming Obama and do something to help this country is what American's are thinking.

My comments are in black.

Gerry Clinchy
05-11-2012, 02:22 PM

How come union officials are mostly so much wealthier than the workers they represent? I think they ought to redistribute some of that wealth.

Women are tired of men telling them what to do....

Women are really tired of men telling them how and/or what to think :-)

Besides, ask ten men if they know what a woman is thinking; or whether what she says reflects what she's thinking; or what makes a woman think the way she does; and what do you think they will say?

The response might be (like the joke): "It would be easier to build a 4-lane bridge from Los Angeles to Hawaii."

That said, women can differ as greatly on their opinions as men.

M&K's Retrievers
05-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Sambo's boss must be on vacation. He's back on the computer.

zeus3925
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Really interesting wolrd view.:

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/09/whos-the-problem-people-or-politicians/?hpt=hp_bn2

menmon
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Sambo's boss must be on vacation. He's back on the computer.

Kinda boring now....I just was looking to see if they had anything about the first series at mid-iowa and thought I would see what was going on. Could not pass this post up..Once we get past the conventions....you will hear plenty from me;-)

Cody Covey
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM

most of the women on RTF live in rural areas...Obama does not do well in rual areas as a whole.

Romney could not get elected in his own state...he has tried to get the GOP nomination 3 times, so he is not loved by his own party.

I would take notice of what happend to the democrats during the last election...people are fed up with it. Stop blaming Obama and do something to help this country is what American's are thinking.

Romney leading in gallup, rassmussen and rcp polls right now. This land slide win you keep talking about isn't going to happen.

luvmylabs23139
05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Unions are for the goof offs! The hard worker gets canned while the sloff keeps his job just because he was there first
NO man tells me what to do,just ask my husband and we have been married for 17 years next month,
I've lived in both, spent more time in urban areas, I like rural because people leave us alone and I want that. Urban sucks because next thing you know everything you work hard for is given to welfare slime via section 8 and your peace is destroyed couretsy of your own hard earned taxpayer money.

Yeah too liberal and kisses the leaches butts, but better than OBUMMA
BULL
OBUMMA is destroying this country!

MY comments in red. Get rid of that commie!!!!!

M&K's Retrievers
05-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Kinda boring now....I just was looking to see if they had anything about the first series at mid-iowa and thought I would see what was going on. Could not pass this post up..Once we get past the conventions....you will hear plenty from me;-)

Isnt that special? :rolleyes:

charly_t
05-11-2012, 07:36 PM

Mac Davis song fits here, vbeg........."it's hard to be humble" etc. That's the reason it's boring.....too many running for whatever could sing that song also.

BlaineT
05-11-2012, 08:38 PM
don't know if this has made it to this thread yet....:-P

charly_t
05-11-2012, 10:38 PM
don't know if this has made it to this thread yet....:-P

Very misleading picture........Obama is not providing any of the "milk".

backagain
05-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Obama is a communist and if you vote for him you are a communist as well.

BlaineT
05-12-2012, 07:29 AM

yeah but he sure likes his followers latched on to his govt. tit.

ARay11
05-12-2012, 11:11 AM
[quote=sambo;965522]OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO. This one has me laughing all morning. The working man has no money. It's all leaving us faster and faster.... 32% for taxes, not to mention insurance that is now mandatory...If Obama is bought and paid for by the working man, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Both parties are guilty here.

REALLY getting tired of Dems telling women what their position should be. COMPLETELY sick of reading this crap. I don't think there is ONE lady here who is a Dem. You say that's because O doesnt play well in rural America. I say your're right...he doesn't...he won't... because Rural living American Women enjoy: Right to bear arms, Marriage in it's true and rightful state (Man&Woman only), and Quit redistributing my hard earned money (after all...there aren't many women who have achieved what I have busted my tail for).

true. but he's no more out of touch than obama.

true. Both parties need to look long and hard at their front men. There's a pot about to boil over.

luvmylabs23139
05-12-2012, 11:15 AM

The taxpayers are!!

charly_t
05-12-2012, 03:12 PM
The taxpayers are!!

My point exactly. Most of us are hooked up to that big milking machine. We are the ones being "milked".

charly_t
05-12-2012, 03:19 PM
[quote=sambo;965522]OBAMA '08 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA '12 WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO. This one has me laughing all morning. The working man has no money. It's all leaving us faster and faster.... 32% for taxes, not to mention insurance that is now mandatory...If Obama is bought and paid for by the working man, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Both parties are guilty here.

REALLY getting tired of Dems telling women what their position should be. COMPLETELY sick of reading this crap. I don't think there is ONE lady here who is a Dem. You say that's because O doesnt play well in rural America. I say your're right...he doesn't...he won't... because Rural living American Women enjoy: Right to bear arms, Marriage in it's true and rightful state (Man&Woman only), and Quit redistributing my hard earned money (after all...there aren't many women who have achieved what I have busted my tail for).

true. but he's no more out of touch than obama.

true. Both parties need to look long and hard at their front men. There's a pot about to boil over.

I agree with the blue remarks. I also laughed all day about the other poster's "most qualified". Obama is a great orator as long as he can see his teleprompter but so far I don't see much other talent in him. On second thought I guess he is minding his bosses very well and I guess that could be called "talent" by some people ( but not by me ).

menmon
05-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Isnt that special? :rolleyes:

Humility is not my strong suit....I'm going to love it when the worst president in your opinion get reelected;-)

Uncle Bill
05-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Humility is not my strong suit....I'm going to love it when the worst president in your opinion get reelected;-)

Dayum...how you've fooled so many here. I keep quoting, so you can't reverse your views, like many in your camp seem to be doing. Only the bloody-fall-on-the-sword-toadies think your pathetic messiah has a chance of another term. If the election was held today, he'd lose in a landslide. Why you and your ilk are still on board that sinking ship speeks volumns about your incapacity to recognize the total failure of your beliefs.:rolleyes:

UB

menmon
05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Dayum...how you've fooled so many here. I keep quoting, so you can't reverse your views, like many in your camp seem to be doing. Only the bloody-fall-on-the-sword-toadies think your pathetic messiah has a chance of another term. If the election was held today, he'd lose in a landslide. Why you and your ilk are still on board that sinking ship speeks volumns about your incapacity to recognize the total failure of your beliefs.:rolleyes:

UB

I would have thought you would have gotten off your band wagon after the worst failure since the great depression. Bush left us a big pile of stinking dog sh#t and this guy has cleaned most of it up and you want to let the dog back in the yard! Please take the blinder off!

road kill
05-15-2012, 01:31 PM
I would have thought you would have gotten off your band wagon after the worst failure since the great depression. Bush left us a big pile of stinking dog sh#t and this guy has cleaned most of it up and you want to let the dog back in the yard! Please take the blinder off!
Please detail what he has cleaned up.

menmon
05-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Please detail what he has cleaned up.

Economy....do I need to itemize it?

Jason Glavich
05-15-2012, 01:59 PM

An itemized list would be good. :BIG:

Everyone has their opinion on whether or not his policies are good or not. Everyone has a different opinion on if it was a good idea for the bailouts,shovel ready jobs, pet projects, Obamacare.

Just like everyone has an opinion on Bush and what he did or did not do.

menmon
05-15-2012, 02:11 PM
An itemized list would be good. :BIG:

Everyone has their opinion on whether or not his policies are good or not. Everyone has a different opinion on if it was a good idea for the bailouts,shovel ready jobs, pet projects, Obamacare.

Just like everyone has an opinion on Bush and what he did or did not do.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/comparing-obama-and-reagans-economic-records/2011/08/25/gIQAHFJcaQ_blog.html

duckheads
05-15-2012, 02:41 PM

ROTFLMAO!!

You're kidding right?

BonMallari
05-15-2012, 02:48 PM

You must not travel outside of the state of Texas...you must not have seen the high unemployment in California along with the $5/gal gasoline, or the 15% unemployment here in LV

menmon
05-15-2012, 02:55 PM
You must not travel outside of the state of Texas...you must not have seen the high unemployment in California along with the $5/gal gasoline, or the 15% unemployment here in LV

I lived in Albq for a while. I know that we have it better than most now.

Bottom-line the economy hard for those that had too much debt when the bubble burst. Deleveraging is painful and takes time. The difference between this recover and others is that personal leverage is not available to push the economy. This is why government spending has been necessary.

Don't be too hard on your union....if you didn't have them, they would pay you less to be able to pay themselves and the shareholders more.

road kill
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM

Yes you do.

BTW...you think the economy is good??

Really??

menmon
05-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes you do.

BTW...you think the economy is good??

Really??

Low inflation - much higher when W lefgt office

Increase manufacting - much higher than when W left office

Strong stockmarket - much higher than when W left office

Housing starts - much higher than when W left office

Trade deficit - much more narrow than when W left office

Interest rates - much lower than when W left office

Mortgage rates - much lower than when W left office

Fuel prices - much lower than when W left office

Dollar - much stronger than when W left office

ETC.....

Please fact test them.

So now why in hell whould you want to go back to what we had before Obama!

BonMallari
05-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I lived in Albq for a while. I know that we have it better than most now.

Bottom-line the economy hard for those that had too much debt when the bubble burst. Deleveraging is painful and takes time. The difference between this recover and others is that personal leverage is not available to push the economy. This is why government spending has been necessary.

Don't be too hard on your union....if you didn't have them, they would pay you less to be able to pay themselves and the shareholders more.

If I didnt have to contend with UNION seniority I would be working full time based on merit and ability, not because some 60 yr old guys that have been there longer, who are just putting in their time to collect their pensions get their shifts...

If the union didnt ask for sky high hourly wages, our product would not cost so much...($ 56 bucks for a prime steak)

the only thing the union has done is to provide me with access to the best health insurance in the state

but I have no say so in where they spend our money in political campaigns..they originally backed Hilary in 08 but shifted when BHO picked up the momentum..they spend more money picketing against casinos that are not union where the rank and file employees do NOT want to be unionized...

menmon
05-15-2012, 03:51 PM
If I didnt have to contend with UNION seniority I would be working full time based on merit and ability, not because some 60 yr old guys that have been there longer, who are just putting in their time to collect their pensions get their shifts...

If the union didnt ask for sky high hourly wages, our product would not cost so much...($ 56 bucks for a prime steak)

the only thing the union has done is to provide me with access to the best health insurance in the state

but I have no say so in where they spend our money in political campaigns..they originally backed Hilary in 08 but shifted when BHO picked up the momentum..they spend more money picketing against casinos that are not union where the rank and file employees do NOT want to be unionized...

So the alternative is more hours at lower wages and lessor health insurance. Sounds like a great alternative. The right steak is always worth $56. If I can piss off several hundered on the black jack table, I can afford a steak

BonMallari
05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
So the alternative is more hours at lower wages and lessor health insurance. Sounds like a great alternative. The right steak is always worth $56. If I can piss off several hundered on the black jack table, I can afford a steak

I dont even see a paycheck, I live off gratuities, the restaurant has outpriced itself....even when I worked at Mortons our steaks werent that expensive (and they were the best in town) but when you price yourself out of the market its difficult to make any gratuities off of empty tables

here in Vegas the high rollers are still coming to town , because they can...the lower income people who really have no business gambling their money still show up....but its middle class America that actually watches their disposable income that doesnt show up in droves anymore

I would gladly work for minimum wage (instead of the 13/hr) for a chance at making triple digits in gratuities

menmon
05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I dont even see a paycheck, I live off gratuities, the restaurant has outpriced itself....even when I worked at Mortons our steaks werent that expensive (and they were the best in town) but when you price yourself out of the market its difficult to make any gratuities off of empty tables

here in Vegas the high rollers are still coming to town , because they can...the lower income people who really have no business gambling their money still show up....but its middle class America that actually watches their disposable income that doesnt show up in droves anymore

I would gladly work for minimum wage (instead of the 13/hr) for a chance at making triple digits in gratuities

I agree...too many people that should not be gambling their money away do...like the lottery...wrong people paying the tax.

Next time I go to LV...I'll look you up. I'm actually not a bad guy for a dem

Gerry Clinchy
05-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Low inflation - much higher when W lefgt office
I haven't noticed that when I go to the grocery store, for sure! But energy and food are not included in the COL index.

Increase manufacting - much higher than when W left office

Strong stockmarket - much higher than when W left office

Housing starts - much higher than when W left office
That wouldn't be the case in our particular area.

Trade deficit - much more narrow than when W left office

Interest rates - much lower than when W left office
Artificially kept so in order to keep the economy from tanking totally.

Mortgage rates - much lower than when W left office

Fuel prices - much lower than when W left office
I sure haven't noticed that!

Dollar - much stronger than when W left office
Would not appear so against the Canadian dollar.

ETC.....

Please fact test them.

So now why in hell whould you want to go back to what we had before Obama!

Sambo, you didn't mention foreign policy.

backagain
05-15-2012, 10:52 PM
It is amazing that Obama being a Marxist has as much support as he has. I hope things are changing.

JDogger
05-15-2012, 11:18 PM
It is amazing that Obama being a Marxist has as much support as he has. I hope things are changeing

Dayum, there's that hope and change thingy coming from a righty... where have I heaed that before?... JD

menmon
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Sambo, you didn't mention foreign policy.

You are right it excludes food and energy, but when comparing to Bush it excluded them too and food and energy were high then too.

Nationally housing starts are up but in certain parts of the country it is still hard while others are much better. Houston is almost back to pre-crash levels.

I was comparing to the Euro...Canada has been doing well with their monetary policy too.

I was asked for a list of economic accomplishments, but he has done a great job ridding the world of some bad people, seeing the exit of Iraq through and appears to be working us out of Afganistan. Albeit I would have liked to have seen us out of these places much sooner. The good news is we are getting out.

I'm sure McCain would not have supported leaving them, so I should be pleased with what he has done.

Uncle Bill
05-16-2012, 01:42 PM

As blithering buffoons on a full diet of bufotenine go, you are in a class by yourself. It's almost impossible to have one's head shoved so far into total darkness as your's appears to be, but as the Democrats are fond of saying, and I suspect living by...ignorance is bliss.:rolleyes:

UB

duckheads
05-16-2012, 01:51 PM
As blithering buffoons on a full diet of bufotenine go, you are in a class by yourself. It's almost impossible to have one's head shoved so far into total darkness as your's appears to be, but as the Democrats are fond of saying, and I suspect living by...ignorance is bliss.:rolleyes:

UB

Sambo definitely reminds me of ol' Roger! I do beleive his head was there also!

menmon
05-16-2012, 02:21 PM

UB

Bill, you are the one obviously eat up with dumb ass! Obviously you take your cues from Rush and Glenn, and I'm sure you view them as genius:rolleyes: Unless you are many times rich, I'm sure you are not correctly aligned with the right party.

sandyg
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Bill, you are the one obviously eat up with dumb ass! Obviously you take your cues from Rush and Glenn, and I'm sure you view them as genius:rolleyes: Unless you are many times rich, I'm sure you are not correctly aligned with the right party.

Sambo, you're coitusing with us, aren't you? No one can possibly believe the things you've written. If so, you have a very warped sense of right and wrong, good and evil, past and present.

Gerry Clinchy
05-16-2012, 10:39 PM
You are right it excludes food and energy, but when comparing to Bush it excluded them too and food and energy were high then too.
Not as high as they are now!

Nationally housing starts are up but in certain parts of the country it is still hard while others are much better. Houston is almost back to pre-crash levels.

I was comparing to the Euro...Canada has been doing well with their monetary policy too.

I was asked for a list of economic accomplishments, but he has done a great job ridding the world of some bad people, seeing the exit of Iraq through and appears to be working us out of Afganistan. Albeit I would have liked to have seen us out of these places much sooner. The good news is we are getting out.

The Russians, the Chinese and Iranians think he's doing a great job, too. Our stature in the UN has definitely increased.

I'm sure McCain would not have supported leaving them, so I should be pleased with what he has done.

menmon
05-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Sambo, you're coitusing with us, aren't you? No one can possibly believe the things you've written. If so, you have a very warped sense of right and wrong, good and evil, past and present.

I do...too bad you don't, but you should, because I have no reason to lie to you.