PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like The Stock Market Is Tanking Today

Franco
05-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Is it because most of southern Europe has abandoned austerity for deficit spending?
Dow is down 160 so far.

Is The EU coming apart as well as the Euro?

Will Germany continue to bail them out?

Will our Federal Reserve which is heavily influenced by Euro bankers bail them out again?

Those lazy southern Europeans!;-)

ARay11
05-08-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamespoulos/2012/05/08/austerity-hasnt-failed-it-hasnt-even-been-tried/?feed=rss_home

Franco
05-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Only a 77 point drop in the DOW. It was down close to 200 points just before lunch and was looking like a 200-300 point one day drop. I don't think I would be holding any Mutual Funds or stocks that are heavy into anything from southern Europe!

ARay11
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
definitely a nice recovery this afternoon... probably see much more volatility in the coming weeks until things settle down abroad.
(ROFLMAO...like thats gonna happen!)

Franco
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
definitely a nice recovery this afternoon... probably see much more volatility in the coming weeks until things settle down abroad.
(ROFLMAO...like thats gonna happen!)

Southern Europeans are their own worse enemy. Unlike northern Europe, they have a poor work ethic and are basically unproductive. Then again, why should they be when the government is going to take care of them!

I don't see the EU staying together. When Germany declares they've had enough, goodbye Euro and welcome back German Mark.

Anyone have an idea of how much money they still owe USA tax payers from the 11 TRILLION that was loaned to them by our Federal Reserve? Money that went to them to pay their pensions!

troy schwab
05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Dont worry, if the current administration doesnt start acting, the good ole USA is gonna follow europe right off the cliff...... cant believe the POTUS is busy taking a stance on gay marriage.... he's got bigger fish to fry..... REALLY???? REALLY???? Absolute joke..... this guy is nothing but a professional panderer........ might have gained a .5% populus vote. WHAT AN ASS!!!!!!

Franco
05-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Dont worry, if the current administration doesnt start acting, the good ole USA is gonna follow europe right off the cliff...... cant believe the POTUS is busy taking a stance on gay marriage.... he's got bigger fish to fry..... REALLY???? REALLY???? Absolute joke..... this guy is nothing but a professional panderer........ might have gained a .5% populus vote. WHAT AN ASS!!!!!!

Anything the Dems can do to keep the dialog on social issues and avoid talking about the economy is a win for them with most voters.

Franco
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Germany to Greece, "No austerity, no more bailout"!
Ya hear that France, Spain and Italy.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2012/05/10/germany-to-greece-no-austerity-no-bailout/

The productive always weild a bigger stick that the non-productive except in the USA.

Marvin S
05-10-2012, 09:48 PM
An opportunity for some to make a bundle if they guess on the correct side of where this will all come down. All I see is several countries out of control, manipulated by those in power :(. We aren't that far from that situation here in the US, saved by the printing presses & ZIRPing the savers. I don't understand the Greek mentality (if you can call it that :)), but I have never been in the something for nothing camp.

Been harvesting some low hangers for tidy profits, not sure if something green is going to be worth much :). What I have found out is, strategic metals go up with the same or better consistency than AU. Try TI. BHO's policies have been such that our income is so low that we don't send much in to uncle, don't want to continue that trend :).

Franco
05-10-2012, 10:02 PM
An opportunity for some to make a bundle if they guess on the correct side of where this will all come down. All I see is several countries out of control, manipulated by those in power :(. We aren't that far from that situation here in the US, saved by the printing presses & ZIRPing the savers. I don't understand the Greek mentality (if you can call it that :)), but I have never been in the something for nothing camp.

Been harvesting some low hangers for tidy profits, not sure if something green is going to be worth much :). What I have found out is, strategic metals go up with the same or better consistency than AU. Try TI. BHO's policies have been such that our income is so low that we don't send much in to uncle, don't want to continue that trend :).

I didn't know that TI was a traded metal. Other than having it in my wrist watch housing and band, is it really that much in demand? The jeweler told me that it is used in space craft but Obama has pretty much quashed NASA down to just helping the Muslims.

Marvin S
05-13-2012, 10:29 PM
I didn't know that TI was a traded metal. Other than having it in my wrist watch housing and band, is it really that much in demand? The jeweler told me that it is used in space craft but Obama has pretty much quashed NASA down to just helping the Muslims.

I wouldn't know either - I only deal in opportunities where the potential return is 5/1 over time so physical metal rarely meets that requirement. Value added does, & that's where to be ;). Ti is used extensively in the aerospace industry - landing gear beams, flap tracks, fasteners are examples - weight to strength ratio is high.

Another strategic mineral is BE, though the peaks do not match the market. Lead times on products manufactured from these materials can be in the 2-3 year range. Same qualities as TI but extremely toxic, so there is a familiarity premium :).