PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Odds...

M&K's Retrievers
05-12-2012, 01:41 PM
...that between now and the Democratic Convention, Joe Biden is "diagnosed" with some ailment that forces him to withdraw from running for Vice President opening the door for Hilary to save the day?

BonMallari
05-12-2012, 03:16 PM
won't happen...I used to think that maybe Hilary and Joe B would swap titles but I don't think either of their egos would allow it

I actually believe that Hilary would have given BHO a run for his money if she had decided to mount a bid for the D nomination...I think her window of opportunity has closed...

Franco
05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Save the day?

This election is over before the campaigning has begun in earnest.

Even Betty White endorsed Obama today!;-)

Rmoney makes McCain's campaign look inspiring. Eliminate Rmoney's PAC (made up of Wall ST and Defense Contractors) and all his campaign money is his money. He is trying to buy the nomination! Few contributions from private citizens and fewer private citizens working on his campaign.

The electorate may just get what they want in November...Rombama!

M&K's Retrievers
05-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Save the day?

This election is over before the campaigning has begun in earnest.

I wasn't aware that Obama had already won.

Gerry Clinchy
05-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Actually, I think that Hillary would be an asset to the ticket ... not that I like her very much. Biden is just SUCH a doofus that I doubt he adds anything to the D ticket. Don't think anyone would miss him. Although Hillary's agenda is no different from Obama's, I think I'd still prefer her a heartbeat away than Biden.

Franco
05-12-2012, 05:47 PM
In the end, the electorate will get the President they deserve.

Pretty obvious that Rmoney is trying to be something he is not, politically. That's why his campaign lacks passion/inspiration. His campaign consultants are constantly reversing what he really stands for.

Rmoney falls into every trap the Obamanites have laid out for him. Just this week he reversed course on the gay issue. He said months ago that he was OK with gay couples adopting children. Yet, he is against gay marriage. Tell me where that makes any sense.

When asked the question about gay marriage he should have either said, "I agree with Obama, now lets talk about the economy and jobs or it is a matter for the states to decide"

Pesonally, I couldn't care less about the issue. Live and let like is one of my mottos. I want someone that can lead this country out of our financial and foreign morass.

M&K's Retrievers
05-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Again, Franco, I wasn't aware Obama had already won. Polls seem to have it going another way right now, hence the purpose of this thread. I believe Obama will cut Biden loose if it will improve his numbers.

JDogger
05-12-2012, 11:10 PM
The odds are Mike, that Obama and Romney will run for the general election this fall. Who they have as VP candidates will likely matter little. Honestly, I hope Romney wins. At least it will turn the boring tide of posts in another direction... JD

M&K's Retrievers
05-13-2012, 01:55 AM
The odds are Mike, that Obama and Romney will run for the general election this fall. Who they have as VP candidates will likely matter little. Honestly, I hope Romney wins. At least it will turn the boring tide of posts in another direction... JD

I disagree. I think with these two losers heading their tickets, the VP nominee will be more important than ever before.

Gerry Clinchy
05-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Jdogger, if Romney does not do the things he says he is capable of, I think most of the posters here will be as hard on him as they have been on Obama. If he can't do more in one term than BO has done, he will be a one-termer.

In nearly 3 years, BO's policies have not shown promise of recovery. The private sector is pretty worried about what new regulations will be dreamed up by this administration, so playing things close to the vest. If BO gets re-elected, I doubt they have any faith that this agenda will ease up in its antagonism toward capitalism (except for the chosen in crony capitalism). A very good reason for private sector to send even more jobs to other countries.

The only hope would be that the R's keep the House & become a large majority in the Senate. Then there is some chance we will finally get a budget, and we will see clearly how far in the hole we are. Obviously the founding fathers were pretty smart to put the checks and balances concept into the Constitution. Let's hope it works.

charly_t
05-13-2012, 11:40 AM
I disagree. I think with these two losers heading their tickets, the VP nominee will be more important than ever before.

I agree with you 100%. It will for sure make a difference in how I vote.

BonMallari
05-13-2012, 12:01 PM

Seriously.....wow, I respect your decision but disagree completely....as much as I would like to see an energetic VP to spice up the ticket, the choice is very clear..

charly_t
05-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Seriously.....wow, I respect your decision but disagree completely....as much as I would like to see an energetic VP to spice up the ticket, the choice is very clear..

When I was younger I would not have given much thought to the vp running with my choice of prez candidate. I have lived long enough to see a vp in the white house that I for sure did not want there. A good running mate ( vp )
with Obama will NOT make me vote for Obama. One must use some common sense after all. ;-)

M&K's Retrievers
05-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Not me. Not this election. Romney could have Hilary as his running mate and Obama team up with Palin and the choice would still be crystal clear.

charly_t
05-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't know who will be running yet but am not happy with what I have seen so far. If the choice comes down to Rom and Obam for prez the vp will not enter into it as I stated. So this year it may not matter ( common sense again, people ). Nothing will make me vote for Obama but normally I do look at who is running for vp. Condi Rice as a vp would be my first pick IF she were willing but not with Obama as prez. I hope that explains my reasoning.