PDA

View Full Version : American Amateur Retriever Club

Vicki Worthington
05-14-2012, 10:43 AM
AARC closes Tuesday, May 15. We need Derby entries and Qualifying entries. It looks to be a small trial. The Sunday derby gives the opportunity for those seeking Derby points to perhaps get in 2 trials. Central MN has their derby on Friday. The Owner-Handler Qualifying is amateur-friendly and could use dogs.

Vicki Worthington
05-15-2012, 12:07 PM
If you have a derby dog, please consider entering our trial. We will not hold the derby or the qualifying without at least 10 entries in each stake.

Vicki Worthington
05-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Where are all the Derby dogs hiding?

Vicki Worthington
05-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Need a minimum of 4 more derby entries/starters for the Derby to run.

A couple more O/H Qualifying dogs would be nice too!

fetchbrowndog
05-15-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you all put on a very nice trial. However, those of us who can only take off a few Friday's a year....are "SAD" when we find these O/H Quals on Friday's....Friday's ...when we are working....why....perhaps next year...one can weight the choices of Derbies (mostly Pro's) running on Fridays...and (us, non-pro's) running O/H Quals on Saturday...when we aren't working our non-dog jobs.....those jobs that let us pay our 'doggie bills'. Just a thought. Really wish I could be there on Friday.!!!!! Wish everyone good luck and lots of fun!!!! woof!

Vicki Worthington
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
It's because of the water. We all like to use the manicured training ponds for our dogs, which are only at Giermans and not the wildlife area. Because the water is all at Giermans, we have to have the Qualifying over on Friday so that the Open has the water for Saturday and the Amateur has the water for Sunday. The derby can use the front pond, but we can't have whistles going for Qualifying water blinds on Saturday or Sunday, as they interfere with the all-age stakes. Wish we could have the Q and the D on Saturday, as I think a lot more folks would participate.

Next year, we are probably moving the Derby to Saturday. If we can locate another usable pond, we could also move the Qualifying to Saturday or Sunday.

Vicki Worthington
05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
The Open is scheduled to begin at the Des Plaines State Fish & Game Area at 8:00 AM on Friday.

The Qualifying will begin at 8:00 AM at Gierman's, Calumet Kennels grounds.