PDA

View Full Version : Debt/Deficits

menmon
05-17-2012, 08:54 AM
I have $2 question. Why are Debt/Deficits problematic when we have a democrat in the Whitehouse and no one even mentions them when we have a republican president?

Uncle Bill
05-17-2012, 09:41 AM
I have $2 question. Why are Debt/Deficits problematic when we have a democrat in the Whitehouse and no one even mentions them when we have a republican president?

Oh we mentioned them. But your ilk wanted more handouts, and the willing accomplises in Congress obliged. That's why many of us joined ranks among the Tea Partiers, and we authored 2010...much like what's about to happen in 2012.

While we can't get rid of all the fools that vote, we can overcome them and put responsible leaders in a position to return this nation to what the founders envisioned. No longer are "We the People" going to just vote some bodies into office, and not hold their feet to the fire.

Most of us have negated our responsibility to take charge of this nation "of the people, and by the people", but we've had a wake-up call. We have been shamed into realizing just what could happen to this country, and we don't want what we see to be passed on to our kids and their kids.

We see what's happening in Europe with their money-grubbing-something-for-nothing crowd, and we find it alarming. Then we get a taste of it from the OWS groupies on our own soil, and we can't abide any more.

So, ready yourself to becoming a loser, which in your case isn't much of a task, because what took place in 2010 is about to repeat this year. Your pompous little messiah can kiss goodby all those bennies he and his wife have been taking advantage of on the "peoples" tab. It's just too damned tiresome to watch those spendthrifts wasting money, along with their ripoff crony fatcats, while the taxpayers in this country are hurting beyond their comprehension.

Getting rid of the "Prince of fools" will be the easy part. Getting rid of the irresponsible fools that elect that type of leadership, so they too can keep getting their handouts, is the real problem this nation faces. If we don't overcome that form of entitlement thinking over the next few years, regardless of who the leadership is, we will become another Greece.

UB

menmon
05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Oh we mentioned them. But your ilk wanted more handouts, and the willing accomplises in Congress obliged. That's why many of us joined ranks among the Tea Partiers, and we authored 2010...much like what's about to happen in 2012.

While we can't get rid of all the fools that vote, we can overcome them and put responsible leaders in a position to return this nation to what the founders envisioned. No longer are "We the People" going to just vote some bodies into office, and not hold their feet to the fire.

Most of us have negated our responsibility to take charge of this nation "of the people, and by the people", but we've had a wake-up call. We have been shamed into realizing just what could happen to this country, and we don't want what we see to be passed on to our kids and their kids.

We see what's happening in Europe with their money-grubbing-something-for-nothing crowd, and we find it alarming. Then we get a taste of it from the OWS groupies on our own soil, and we can't abide any more.

So, ready yourself to becoming a loser, which in your case isn't much of a task, because what took place in 2010 is about to repeat this year. Your pompous little messiah can kiss goodby all those bennies he and his wife have been taking advantage of on the "peoples" tab. It's just too damned tiresome to watch those spendthrifts wasting money, along with their ripoff crony fatcats, while the taxpayers in this country are hurting beyond their comprehension.

Getting rid of the "Prince of fools" will be the easy part. Getting rid of the irresponsible fools that elect that type of leadership, so they too can keep getting their handouts, is the real problem this nation faces. If we don't overcome that form of entitlement thinking over the next few years, regardless of who the leadership is, we will become another Greece.

UB

I apologize...it just occured to me that you have not been following politics long, based on your rose-colored view of politicians. So tell me what those 2010 congressmen you elected have done for you? My guess is any incumbent is at real risk of losing their job including the president. However, this Corzine type you have running against him will not be able to buy himself in because Obama has more money than him.

Again I apologize:D

Cody Covey
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I apologize...it just occured to me that you have not been following politics long, based on your rose-colored view of politicians. So tell me what those 2010 congressmen you elected have done for you? My guess is any incumbent is at real risk of losing their job including the president. However, this Corzine type you have running against him will not be able to buy himself in because Obama has more money than him.

Again I apologize:D

You must mean other then the tons of billed passed in the house to die in the senate where the folks your kind elected. Then you try and blame the inaction on the party that has passed all the bills and sent them to the real party of NO, the Democrats in the Senate.

menmon
05-17-2012, 01:44 PM
You must mean other then the tons of billed passed in the house to die in the senate where the folks your kind elected. Then you try and blame the inaction on the party that has passed all the bills and sent them to the real party of NO, the Democrats in the Senate.

Please answer the question....why this matters when a dem is in office and does not when a rep is in office?

jbday
05-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I've learned that it becomes important when your party is not in office! As to what this has to do with our love for the dogs and the sport - nothing!

menmon
05-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I've learned that it becomes important when your party is not in office! As to what this has to do with our love for the dogs and the sport - nothing!

Thank you. To answer your question...it has nothing to do with it.

road kill
05-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you. To answer your question...it has nothing to do with it.

Incorrect on a number of accounts.

#1--Progressives love to use the "HheEEeeEE SssSssTTttTtAaaAarrRrrRRRrrtTttTttEeeEeedDddDdd IIIIiiiIiiiITTttTtt!!!!" whine as an excuse.
#2--I don't care who gets in, we MUST stop spending money we do NOT have on crap we do NOT need!!
#3--This is the POTUS board, it is for POLITICS, which is what we argue here!!

menmon
05-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Incorrect on a number of accounts.

#1--Progressives love to use the "HheEEeeEE SssSssTTttTtAaaAarrRrrRRRrrtTttTttEeeEeedDddDdd IIIIiiiIiiiITTttTtt!!!!" whine as an excuse.
#2--I don't care who gets in, we MUST stop spending money we do NOT have on crap we do NOT need!!
#3--This is the POTUS board, it is for POLITICS, which is what we argue here!!

What happen to the republicans on the spending cuts across the board....right out of the shoot they could not accept the $500MM cut in defense spending. Are you proud of them for not standing up to the defense contractors?

Buzz
05-17-2012, 03:32 PM
What happen to the republicans on the spending cuts across the board....right out of the shoot they could not accept the $500MM cut in defense spending. Are you proud of them for not standing up to the defense contractors?

I have asked everyone else and not gotten an answer. At current rates, is it beyond the realm of possibility that austerity now can be self defeating with respect to long term deficits and debt???

huntinman
05-17-2012, 03:33 PM

1. chute

2. yes, number one job... defend the country

road kill
05-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I have asked everyone else and not gotten an answer. At current rates, is it beyond the realm of possibility that austerity now can be self defeating with respect to long term deficits and debt???

So.....just give up and let the progressives run wild?

NO!!

menmon
05-17-2012, 04:17 PM
1. chute

2. yes, number one job... defend the country

You are right....but we defend every country in the world. Maybe we could cut back a country or two and trim our budget $500MM...what do you think?

menmon
05-17-2012, 04:23 PM

It will get dealt with by inflation. That is the only tax increase they can pass, because it fall at the feet of the middle class and poor.

My point is everytime a democrat is in the whitehouse....this because the number one issue for the republicans....and when one gets elected to president it becomes a non-issue as they add to both debt and deficit. So I'm trying to point out that they are full of sh#t:-x

road kill
05-17-2012, 04:27 PM
It will get dealt with by inflation. That is the only tax increase they can pass, because it fall at the feet of the middle class and poor.

My point is everytime a democrat is in the whitehouse....this because the number one issue for the republicans....and when one gets elected to president it becomes a non-issue as they add to both debt and deficit. So I'm trying to point out that they are full of sh#t:-x

Name a President in history that has spent as recklessly as Obama.

ARay11
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM

Why is it when the Dems start talking cut backs its always in Defense? Or they cry the only way to save money is to cut Medicare/Medicaid?

Why doesnt EITHER party talk about the frivolous spending in regards to expense accounts, marble toilets, $10,000 desks, and $150,000 weekend vacations??

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

November is going to be all rhetoric, no substance, and ROMBAMA all the way.

menmon
05-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Name a President in history that has spent as recklessly as Obama.

That is easy.....George W. Bush

Franco
05-18-2012, 11:45 AM

They have always been a problem and are the results of both parties. Bush 43 will go down as one of our worse Presidents as a result of two unfunded wars and unfunded Plan B perscriptions. Obama inherited a very bad situation and has made it worse by thinking he could spend our way out of it as opposed to fixing the problems. Pushing the problems down the road instead of addressing problems at the core is typical of most politicians.

I do blame the Repubs for refusing to cut the military budget. Big difference between Defense spending and financing our policing of the world. On the other hand, the Dem controlled Senate is the Party Of No! They have refused every budget presented by the House and have failed to do their jobs.

ARay11
05-18-2012, 01:05 PM
They have always been a problem and are the results of both parties. Bush 43 will go down as one of our worse Presidents as a result of two unfunded wars and unfunded Plan B perscriptions. Obama inherited a very bad situation and has made it worse by thinking he could spend our way out of it as opposed to fixing the problems. Pushing the problems down the road instead of addressing problems at the core is typical of most politicians.

I do blame the Repubs for refusing to cut the military budget. Big difference between Defense spending and financing our policing of the world. On the other hand, the Dem controlled Senate is the Party Of No! They have refused every budget presented by the House and have failed to do their jobs.How is that not illegal or gross dereliction of duty or something like that??? I promise ... If I refuse to do my job at work...these guys will fire me. How do you REFUSE to do your friggin job??

menmon
05-18-2012, 02:36 PM
How is that not illegal or gross dereliction of duty or something like that??? I promise ... If I refuse to do my job at work...these guys will fire me. How do you REFUSE to do your friggin job??

It takes two to tango. The dems don't pass it because the reps throw something in they will not accept. This goes back and forth. We apparently can not compromise and get things done anymore

zeus3925
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Say, do you guys train dogs for anything more serious than dock diving?

menmon
05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I have 3 dogs in training...and train with them when I can. Two competing is All-Age stakes and a one year old that just started swim by.

luvmylabs23139
05-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Say, do you guys train dogs for anything more serious than dock diving?

Define serious. Of all the jobs my dogs do, including hunting with hubby, the most serious job any of them have has to be the therapy dog work some of them do.

zeus3925
05-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Define serious. Of all the jobs my dogs do, including hunting with hubby, the most serious job any of them have has to be the therapy dog work some of them do.

I would consider that very important work, Luv. Keep it up!

The question arose in discussion with an acquaintance who pondered how many people on POTUS Place actually train and run dogs? By the sudden silence it appears not many.

Marvin S
05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
The question arose in discussion with an acquaintance who pondered how many people on POTUS Place actually train and run dogs? By the sudden silence it appears not many.

You would be wrong on your assumption. That would not be a 1st!!

charly_t
05-20-2012, 10:47 PM
My husband and I are too old to own and take care of dogs anymore. We had to bite the bullet and quit owning dogs. And that is why I have time to waste playing on the net :-)

And on a different note I'm having problems posting with a quote on this board since the change-over. Is anyone else having that problem ?

mngundog
05-20-2012, 11:58 PM
My husband and I are too old to own and take care of dogs anymore. We had to bite the bullet and quit owning dogs. And that is why I have time to waste playing on the net :-)

And on a different note I'm having problems posting with a quote on this board since the change-over. Is anyone else having that problem ?
Just click of the "Reply with Quote" at the bottom of the post your responding to.

charly_t
05-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Uuummmm, that's what I have always done before but it won't work now. Can't type things in the box that comes up with the quote. It jumps around if I hit the space bar between words. My words don't remain.

road kill
05-21-2012, 06:34 AM
I would consider that very important work, Luv. Keep it up!

My apologies Zeus for not being prompt enough to please your standards.

I was judging in IA this weekend (Saturday).
I also was training Friday and Saturday with a pro I respect in Peosta IA.

The only real importance of any of this work is to amuse myself and Elvis.
WE do enjoy training and trying to get better and running HRC.

By seasons end we plan to run a finished test in Kankakee and a MH test at Madison retriever club.

BTW--we train every day but WEdnesday (golf league!!!:D)

Swing an a miss..................

zeus3925
05-21-2012, 07:17 AM
You would be wrong on your assumption. That would not be a 1st!!

Pony up, Marvin. You still run dogs?

huntinman
05-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Pony up, Marvin. You still run dogs?

How about you Zeus?? You are asking everyone else... As for Marvin... he paid his dues... and at his age I don't think he has to answer to anyone here.

I'll go ahead and tell you about myself to save you the question. I ran trials for a lot of years starting in the late '80 with a backyard breeding. Then got a better dog and finally titled him in the mid '90's.

Had another that I was very fortunate to be co-owner on with a good friend that we had a hell of a run with and put 99.5 all-age points on her and ran 4 nat'ls averaging 8 series between 2001 and 2003. She qualified for a couple of others that we did not run and unfortunately died suddenly at 8 years old in her prime of cancer. That will take the wind out of your sails...

I got out of the game in 2003, primarily to spend more time hunting with my son who was still in high school at the time. He has now been in college for a few years and my wife and I are ready to get a pup and jump back in. The plan is to get a pup this year. We have a breeding in mind, just waiting for it to happen.

zeus3925
05-21-2012, 08:57 AM
How about you Zeus?? You are asking everyone else... As for Marvin... he paid his dues... and at his age I don't think he has to answer to anyone here.

I'll go ahead and tell you about myself to save you the question. I ran trials for a lot of years starting in the late '80 with a backyard breeding. Then got a better dog and finally titled him in the mid '90's.

Had another that I was very fortunate to be co-owner on with a good friend that we had a hell of a run with and put 99.5 all-age points on her and ran 4 nat'ls averaging 8 series between 2001 and 2003. She qualified for a couple of others that we did not run and unfortunately died suddenly at 8 years old in her prime of cancer. That will take the wind out of your sails...

I got out of the game in 2003, primarily to spend more time hunting with my son who was still in high school at the time. He has now been in college for a few years and my wife and I are ready to get a pup and jump back in. The plan is to get a pup this year. We have a breeding in mind, just waiting for it to happen.

We currently own four dogs. One is a 12 year old rescue project of mixed breed. My 10 year old is a MH with 25 master passes and has been to the MNHT 3times --passing once. He is QAA and my wife ran him as a rookie handler for a JAM at a FT this weekend and a master pass the week before.

I have a 4 year old that is QAA. He needs one more leg for his MH. We plan to concentrate on FT's after he titles.

We have a 1 year old in training and she is looking very good. Both parents are field champions. The trainer wants to wait until this fall to run her, but, she is doing marks and blinds on big dog set ups now.

I usually train 4 days a week.

road kill
05-21-2012, 09:03 AM
I judged a dog in a JH this weekend.
He was 15/3mos old.
The old boy pinned the first mark and came back so proud, head up, tail waggin'!!
He ran out of gas on the second land mark, stumbled a bit in heavy cover.

I told the gallery how old he was, he got a standing ovation!!:D

I scored his first mark all 10's!!
I told the handler that I was HONORED to have judged that Ol' boy!!
After she put him on lead I gave him a scratch and told him what a good dog he is!!

I snuck a ribbon and gave it to him..........HONOR to whom HONOR is due!!!:cool:

Another take away was the young man who handled the test dog was younger than this old boy!!!:shock:

How sweet is that???

huntinman
05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
We currently own four dogs. One is a 12 year old rescue project of mixed breed. My 10 year old is a MH with 25 master passes and has been to the MNHT 3times --passing once. He is QAA and my wife ran him as a rookie handler for a JAM at a FT this weekend and a master pass the week before.
I have a 4 year old that is QAA. He needs one more leg for his MH. We plan to concentrate on FT's after he titles.

We have a 1 year old in training and she is looking very good. Both parents are field champions. The trainer wants to wait until this fall to run her, but, she is doing marks and blinds on big dog set ups now.

I usually train 4 days a week.

Cool! way to go!

huntinman
05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I judged a dog in a JH this weekend.
He was 15/3mos old.
The old boy pinned the first mark and came back so proud, head up, tail waggin'!!
He ran out of gas on the second land mark, stumbled a bit in heavy cover.

I told the gallery how old he was, he got a standing ovation!!:D

I scored his first mark all 10's!!
I told the handler that I was HONORED to have judged that Ol' boy!!
After she put him on lead I gave him a scratch and told him what a good dog he is!!

I snuck a ribbon and gave it to him..........HONOR to whom HONOR is due!!!:cool:

Another take away was the young man who handled the test dog was younger than this old boy!!!:shock:How sweet is that???

That's what I'm talkin' about!

zeus3925
05-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Stan, Hat's off to you!! You have a great heart! Hope to run into you and Elvis sometime. We will be running some of the games in western Wisconsin. We'll look for you and Elvis.

road kill
05-21-2012, 10:18 AM
I'll be judging at Black Hawk.
In July I think.

Marvin S
05-21-2012, 11:50 AM

Bill - Thanks for the thumbs up - though I can still see well enough to do those longs blinds, not sure I want to beat myself up on the road to having a competitor. Though I have to say - traveling with the luxury of a trailer is not all that bad.

I started a new thread on this subject - somehow debt/deficits doesn't go there though that's what most have unless they truly appreciate the others things you get from having a wel trained retriever,