PDA

View Full Version : The Birthers Just Won't Stop.....

road kill
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh, wait, this is his college bio;

The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii'

Note from Senior Management:

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.

It is for that reason that we launched "The Vetting," an ongoing series in which we explore the ideological background of President Obama (and other presidential candidates)--not to re-litigate 2008, but because ideas and actions have consequences.

It is also in that spirit that we discovered, and now present, the booklet described below--one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence--not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.

Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

It also promotes Obama's anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White--which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead.

Obama’s biography in the booklet is as follows (image and text below):

"Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.
The booklet, which is thirty-six pages long, is printed in blue ink (and, on the cover, silver/grey ink), using offset lithography. It purports to celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of Acton & Dystel, which was founded in 1976."

Jay Acton no longer represents Obama. However, Jane Dystel still lists Obama as a client on her agency's website.

According to the booklet itself, the text was edited by Miriam Goderich, who has since become Dystel's partner at Dystel & Goderich, an agency founded in 1994. Breitbart News attempted to reach Goderich by telephone several times over several days. Her calls are screened by an automated service that requires callers to state their name and company, which we did. She never answered.

The design of the booklet was undertaken by Richard Bellsey, who has since closed his business. Bellsey, reached by telephone, could not recall the exact details of the booklet, but told Breitbart News that it "sounds like one of our jobs, like I did for [Acton & Dystel] twenty years ago or more."

The parade of authors alongside Obama in the booklet includes politicians, such as former Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill; sports legends, such as Joe Montana and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar; and numerous Hollywood celebrities.

The reverse side of the page that features Barack Obama includes former Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader and early-1990s "boy band" pop sensation New Kids On the Block.

Acton, who spoke to Breitbart News by telephone, confirmed precise details of the booklet and said that it cost the agency tens of thousands of dollars to produce.

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.

Dystel did not respond to numerous requests for comment, via email and telephone. Her assistant told Breitbart News that Dystel "does not answer questions about Obama."

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

The biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama--or the people representing and supporting him--manipulate his public persona.
David Maraniss's forthcoming biography of Obama has reportedly confirmed, for example, that a girlfriend Obama described in Dreams from My Father was, in fact, an amalgam of several separate individuals.

In addition, Obama and his handlers have a history of redefining his identity when expedient. In March 2008, for example, he famously declared: "I can no more disown [Jeremiah Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother."

Several weeks later, Obama left Wright's church--and, according to Edward Klein's new biography, The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House, allegedly attempted to persuade Wright not to "do any more public speaking until after the November [2008] election" (51).

Obama has been known frequently to fictionalize aspects of his own life. During his 2008 campaign, for instance, Obama claimed that his dying mother had fought with insurance companies over coverage for her cancer treatments.

That turned out to be untrue, but Obama has repeated the story--which even the Washington Post called "misleading"--in a campaign video for the 2012 election.

The Acton & Dystel biography could also reflect how Obama was seen by his associates, or transitions in his own identity. He is said, for instance, to have cultivated an "international" identity until well into his adulthood, according to Maraniss.

Regardless of the reason for Obama's odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama--who, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media.

Larry O'Connor contributed to this report.

WOW!!!

Batten down the hatches!!;-)

road kill
05-17-2012, 02:52 PM
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/Obama-Column.png

Hmmmmmm........maybe the evil right wingers just made this up??
Or not.......

sandyg
05-17-2012, 03:01 PM
The one thing about Obama' birthplace debate that throws me for a loop was the birth announcement in a Hawaiian newspaper shortly after his birth. If he was born in Kenya, why the birth announcement in a U.S. newspaper?
(http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/obamabirth.php)

I believe the Kenya birthplace in the booklet is a lie so that the Chitown activist (rabble-rouser) looks more appealing to the brothers. After all, who would want to listen to a half-Irish poverty pimp?

huntinman
05-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Let's just make sure we know how long he served as president... four years!

Gerry Clinchy
05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Even more interesting that no one has called him out on the "misleading" tale of his mother's battle with insurance companies.

The Wright situation should be blatantly obvious since it was witnessed by everyone as it was taking place.

However, the new book also draws attention to the fact that Obama was more willing to bend truth than Wright was. At least with Wright you don't have to guess about his point of view.

Political expediency is undoubtedly shared by many, if not all, politicians who serve multiple terms. So, Obama is not alone ... but he is also not any different. Yet, he seems to have convinced many people that he is different, in spite of his track record in this regard.

Goose
05-17-2012, 07:22 PM
We always knew he was Kenyan and it's not too late to throw his sorry butt out of office. What a disgrace.

We live in Cuba now.

Franco
05-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Could it be possible that the reason that Obama has never released his college transcripts is because he stated in his applications that he is a Foreign Student?

BonMallari
05-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Could it be possible that the reason that Obama has never released his college transcripts is because he stated in his applications that he is a Foreign Student?

ding ding ding winner winner....that is why he was able to be eligible for financial aide and the Pell grants

Jason Glavich
05-18-2012, 12:43 PM
ding ding ding winner winner....that is why he was able to be eligible for financial aide and the Pell grants

That is what makes America great. We give more opportunities for grants for businesses to immigrants than we do NBcitizens.

Uncle Bill
05-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Seems like this stuff doesn't quit eh? While I was ready to buy Sherrif Joe's findings...or those from The Donald, but you don't suppose they didn't turn EVERY rock do you? Here's another view, similar to what Stan posted.

UB

Written by Eric Erickson

“The Breitbart Crew are kind of like illegal immigrants — doing reporting Columbia journalism grads won’t do. And doing it quite well.”
The Breitbart Crew has done the world a very valuable service in finding a 1991 biography of Barack Obama (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/17/Obama-pamphlet-in-use-2007) from his literary agent claiming he was “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”
Our own Jeff Emanuel also pointed out a 2004 Associated Press article (http://web.archive.org/web/20040627142700/eastandard.net/headlines/news26060403.htm) that began, “Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.”
I do not believe Barack Obama was born in Kenya. I don’t think it matters even if he were born overseas because his mother was an American citizen. I’m not going to debate it with the cult of birtherism.
But the Breitbart Crew has, only a few days after the Obama White House was caught editing the biographies of other Presidents on the White House website to insert Barack Obama into their Presidential legacies, done an invaluable service in highlighting two very important issues.
First, as someone who has written a book, I find Barack Obama’s literary agent’s explanation not very credible. The literary agent explains, (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/17/literary_agent_says_1991_booklet_was_a_mistake.htm l) “This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii.”
It was a fact checking error based on . . . no facts? Barack Obama never gave any information . . . suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii? Well where the hell did this very huge extrapolation come from? It’s like the virgin birth of a legend — some lady and God alone were involved.
That’s laughable. Miriam Goderich had to have gotten the idea from somewhere. But what is more laughable is that Barack Obama did not know and did not approve. When I wrote my book, I had to approve my biography multiple times. But more damning, this biography went to the press in 1991 and it circulated for more than a decade.
Even the Associated Press picked it up and I cannot find anywhere suggesting Barack Obama tried to have the AP correct its reporting.
The point is not that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. The point is that Barack Obama has repeatedly been perfectly okay embellishing and having others embellish his qualifications and biography to make himself someone unique instead of just another Chicago politician. The pattern goes back to his job as a “financial reporter”. (http://www.analyzethis.net/2005/07/09/barack-obama-embellishes-his-resume/) A former colleague of his and Obama fan, way back in 2005, claims Barack Obama really embellished his resume describing his financial related reporting.
Second, and the largest point, however, is that the media is yet again caught flat footed, claiming the story is no big deal, irrelevant, or that somehow the Breitbart Crew is in the wrong and peddling Birtherism.
They are not peddling Birtherism. The Breitbart Crew are kind of like illegal immigrants — doing reporting Columbia journalism grads won’t do. And doing it quite well. In 2008, the New York Times ran a big story on John McCain having an affair with a lobbyist. It got picked up all over the place. Reporters were on the trail. There was no *there* there.
It took most of the month of August in 2004 for the media to pay attention to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth — men who served with John Kerry and had real problems with both his conduct in Vietnam and his conduct after he left Vietnam. The media did not want to cover the story. For a while, it was just Fox News. The clear demonstration of bias finally forced the New York Times and the big three nightly newscasts to play catch up as dismissively as possible.
This story has been out there since Barack Obama ran for the United States Senate. Even now the media is dismissing it as frivolous. If it turned out Mitt Romney had not actually been a missionary in France, it would be headline news.
Barack Obama embellishing his biography to make himself look unique? Hardly worthy of press attention. In fact, nothing Barack Obama has done suggesting serious character flaws — and that’s what this is about — is ever worth the media’s collective attention. Why? Because some people think Barack Obama was born in Kenya, but much of the press corps is pretty damn sure he was born in Bethlehem.
One last point — a friend raised this on email. Could this be why the campaign screams bloody murder about racists and birthers every time someone asks about Barack Obama’s college transcripts? This would explain why Obama is so squirrely about the issue and waited until Donald Trump caused him measurable damage in the polls on this issue before responding. He’s not embarrassed that people will find out he lied about being born in Hawaii; he’s embarrassed they’ll find out he lied about being born in Kenya.

helencalif
05-18-2012, 07:44 PM
BORN IN HAWAII. I am trying to remember what the last documentation was as to the proof that he was born in Hawaii. Am I remembering that it was a birth certificate form that was not in use at the time he was born? Or am I not recalling this right?

Gerry Clinchy
05-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Can't even remember where I found this link
http://venturacountyteaparty.ning.com/profiles/blogs/terry-anderson-a-black-los-angeles-talk-radio-host-went-down-a-li

A black LA radio host made this list of Obama's partial truths, from his own statements. I found it very interesting about his ancestry. Has nothing to do with where he was born, but what his family roots are. I haven't Googled this myself since I've been busy with the puppies that arrived Wednesday morning :-) ... and selling some houses. However, they seem like things that could be relatively easy to research.

Some of the items mentioned:

1.) Selma March Got Me Born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965.
(Google 'Obama Selma ' for his full March 4, 2007 speech and articles about
its various untruths.) ! !

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well
educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - NOT EXACTLY; your cousin
Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a
legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya . It is the first widespread violence
in decades. The current government is pro-American but Odinga wants to
overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Oba
ma, is Odinga's follower. You interrupted your New Hampshire campaigning to
speak to Odinga on the phone. Check out the following link for verification
of that....and for more.

Obama's cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get Sharia
Muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections, his followers
have burned Christians' homes and then burned men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took shelter... Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see
what you get. No one wants to know the truth.
5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention,
Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been one of 14 wives to1 man.

6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and
'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means 'blessed' in that language. Hussein
is also Arabic and so is Obama.

Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. He is the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side.
While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya , his father's family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro). Go to:

http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_-_Arab-Americ<http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_ (http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_-_Arab-Americ)...
an,_only_6.25%25_African

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says you could speak the language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia , I Have More Foreign Experience - NOT
EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn't even speak
the language. What did you learn except how to study the Koran and watch
cartoons?

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except for Africa
(surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise); you have never been
anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest
allies.

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - NOT EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your classmates said you were just fine

13.)An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - NOT EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did,
exist.

14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never
did, exist.

15.) I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - NOT EXACTLY, despite saying, live on TV, which you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.

16.) Voting 'Present' is Common In Illinois Senate - NOT EXACTLY, they are
common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.

17.) Oops, I Miss-voted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.

18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - NOT EXACTLY; you were a senior lecturer ON
LEAVE.

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - NOT EXACTLY, you didn't
write it, introduce it, change it or create it.

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14 days
from start to finish.

22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill was rejected by
your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because
of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.
23.) I Have Released My State Records - NOT EXACTLY, state bills you
sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special
interests pork hidden within.

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - NOT EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens . You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.

25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - NOT EXACTLY, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOUvoted against your own bill.

26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - NOT EXACTLY, even your own
supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - NOT EXACTLY, they were
not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.

28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA - NOT EXACTLY, the Canadian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.

29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism - NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction off Israel .

30.) I Want All Votes To Count - NOT EXACTLY; you said let the delegates
decide.

31.) I Want Americans To Decide - NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses that
limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate
during small windows of time.

32.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - NOT EXACTLY, you passed 26,
most of which you didn't write yourself.

33.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - NOT EXACTLY, you used tactics to
eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.

34.) I Don't Take PAC Money - NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.

35.) I don't Have Lobbyists - NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting.
36.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad - NOT EXACTLY, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.

37.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq - NOT EXACTLY, you weren't in office to
vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time.

38.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - NOT EXACTLY, your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don't have to buy it.

39.) My uncle liberated Auschwitz concentration camp - NOT EXACTLY, your
mother had no brothers and the Russian army did the liberating.

I thought it was a pretty interesting list. Some of these are pretty incredible ... how could he say #39 with a straight face?
*** I messed up the quotes a bit because there were a couple on the list that I thought were not as interesting, then changed my mind about that.

luvmylabs23139
05-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Ya know, getting your hands on an original birth certificate can be almost impossible. FIL is 70 and without hiring a lawyer neither he nor us(DH and I) trying on his behalf have been able to get anywhere.

Uncle Bill
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
http://venturacountyteaparty.ning.com/profiles/blogs/terry-anderson-a-black-los-angeles-talk-radio-host-went-down-a-li

A black LA radio host made this list of Obama's partial truths, from his own statements. I found it very interesting about his ancestry. Has nothing to do with where he was born, but what his family roots are. I haven't Googled this myself since I've been busy with the puppies that arrived Wednesday morning :-) ... and selling some houses. However, they seem like things that could be relatively easy to research.

I thought it was a pretty interesting list. Some of these are pretty incredible ... how could he say #39 with a straight face?
*** I messed up the quotes a bit because there were a couple on the list that I thought were not as interesting, then changed my mind about that.

That has to be one of the most profound posts I've ever read on Potus Place. Thank you for taking the time to assemble that.

UB

helencalif
05-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Ya know, getting your hands on an original birth certificate can be almost impossible. FIL is 70 and without hiring a lawyer neither he nor us(DH and I) trying on his behalf have been able to get anywhere.

If you know where he was born (assuming it was in the US) and when he was born (circa 1942), he should be able to get a birth certificate from the Clerk at the county courthouse for the county in which he was born. You don't need to hire a lawyer. Have him sign the letter to the County Clerk.
Helen

luvmylabs23139
05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
If you know where he was born (assuming it was in the US) and when he was born (circa 1942), he should be able to get a birth certificate from the Clerk at the county courthouse for the county in which he was born. You don't need to hire a lawyer. Have him sign the letter to the County Clerk.
Helen
We have not been able to get beyond the NY city adoption birth certificate. Known that he is adopted but not the real place of birth. NYC still keeps records beyond the "FAKE" cert sealed. Somewhat a good thing as he talks about memories prior to adoption that when we looked at the cert are not prior. He should let it all go as most likely the birth parents are long dead.

helencalif
05-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Now I understand the difficulty in obtaining a birth certificate. Adoption is different because of sealed records. At 70, you are right. His birth parents are probably dead. Helen

charly_t
05-20-2012, 03:06 PM
He may have siblings though and that can be comforting as well.

Gerry Clinchy
05-24-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=2wF_n-gn-Yo&feature=endscreen

It is kind of odd that the POTUS cannot remember his own birthday.

The older I get, the more I would like to forget mine ... but just can't seem to do that.

luvmylabs23139
05-24-2012, 05:19 PM
He may have siblings though and that can be comforting as well.

He has an adopted sister. That is a known fact as they grew up together. They are close.

RaeganW
05-24-2012, 06:58 PM

There's not enough electrons on the internet to make a list of Mitt Romney's.

Cody Covey
05-24-2012, 07:51 PM
There's not enough electrons on the internet to make a list of Mitt Romney's.
Thanks for the insight I'm sure everyone now views your post as credible...

charly_t
05-25-2012, 12:23 AM
He has an adopted sister. That is a known fact as they grew up together. They are close.

Good. We all need family and good friends. I have enjoyed hearing from the close DNA matches even though we have not found our connections by genealogy searches.