PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Franco,--I think you will like this!

zeus3925
05-20-2012, 11:27 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47498781/ns/local_news-minneapolis_st_paul_mn/

Franco
05-21-2012, 07:33 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47498781/ns/local_news-minneapolis_st_paul_mn/

I saw that yesterday. 32 0f 40 delegates is a very good haul and what happened in Mn has happened in several states. A lot of folk and the mainstream media like Fox News are in for a surprise come Convention time;-)

What's also impressive is the amount of RP deciples running at the state level!

No matter what happens at the convention to the father of The Revolution, there is no stopping it now!

Rmoney may have won the beauty contest but, RP is winning the hearts and minds.

huntinman
05-21-2012, 09:05 AM
A mouse peeing in the ocean...

road kill
05-21-2012, 09:11 AM
I saw that yesterday. 32 0f 40 delegates is a very good haul and what happened in Mn has happened in several states. A lot of folk and the mainstream media like Fox News are in for a surprise come Convention time;-)

What's also impressive is the amount of RP deciples running at the state level!

No matter what happens at the convention to the father of The Revolution, there is no stopping it now!

Rmoney may have won the beauty contest but, RP is winning the hearts and minds.

For God's sakes man, step away from the bong!!:cool:

Franco
05-21-2012, 09:37 AM
For God's sakes man, step away from the bong!!:cool:

RK, you are more than free to live in denial;-)

Does anyone really think that Rmoney, if he were to win the White House would really make a difference or reform our government?

Heck, even today Rmoney is taking up for the fiasco that is J P Morgan Chase! International Banking is killing middle America and tax payers. Not to mention that the guy is clueless when it comes to Foreign Policy!

Is it so terrible to support the only politician willing to defend The Constitution of the United States and its citizens?

mudminnow
05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
RK, you are more than free to live in denial;-)

Does anyone really think that Rmoney, if he were to win the White House would really make a difference or reform our government?

Heck, even today Rmoney is taking up for the fiasco that is J P Morgan Chase! International Banking is killing middle America and tax payers. Not to mention that the guy is clueless when it comes to Foreign Policy!

Is it so terrible to support the only politician willing to defend The Constitution of the United Statesnd its citizens?

What? Are you actually asking America to choose a president on logic? Financial crisis and multiple wars are the least of our problems, let's talk about the real issues like gay marriage and taxing those evil rich people.

road kill
05-21-2012, 09:50 AM
What? Are you actually asking America to choose a president on logic? Financial crisis and multiple wars are the least of our problems, let's talk about the real issues like gay marriage and taxing those evil rich people.

And legalizing pot!!!:D

Franco
05-21-2012, 09:59 AM

What we have had in the past is a failure of the electorate to choose wisely. Like you, many Americans are now asking questions they haven't in the last 200 years! We the voters have been asleep for too long, trusting our politicians to do the right thing. All the while, they have been selling us out to special interest, stealing our money and ignoring the law of the land!

The Tea Party lost its compass when they backed big government/big spending/limited Liberty Rick Santorum.

Welcome to the real, new American Revolution!

huntinman
05-21-2012, 10:28 AM

HaHa... don't forget open borders...

mudminnow
05-21-2012, 11:29 AM

Hey it's for my glaucoma.... Nah I don't care to much one way or the other on that one, I just avoid because I have to keep my DEA license

Franco
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I just received a PM asking about what RP's poilicy is on immigration. Apparently, some of his distractors like spreading misinformation. This from his website;

COMMON SENSE REFORMS

If elected President, Ron Paul will work to implement the following common sense reforms:
* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.
* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.
* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.
* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.
* Protect Lawful Immigrants – As President, Ron Paul will encourage legal immigration by streamlining the entry process without rewarding lawbreakers.
As long as our borders remain wide open, the security and safety of the American people are at stake.
As President, Ron Paul will address immigration by fighting for effective solutions that protect our nation, uphold the rule of law, and respect every American citizen’s civil liberties.

huntinman
05-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I just received a PM asking about what RP's poilicy is on immigration. Apparently, some of his distractors like spreading misinformation. This from his website;

COMMON SENSE REFORMS

If elected President, Ron Paul will work to implement the following common sense reforms:
* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.
* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.
* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.
* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.
* Protect Lawful Immigrants – As President, Ron Paul will encourage legal immigration by streamlining the entry process without rewarding lawbreakers.
As long as our borders remain wide open, the security and safety of the American people are at stake.
As President, Ron Paul will address immigration by fighting for effective solutions that protect our nation, uphold the rule of law, and respect every American citizen’s civil liberties.

That's funny... he was debating against himself during the primaries...

Franco
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
More good news from the campaign front...

In addition to Paul’s consequential victory in Minnesota, Paul organizers won delegates in Mitt Romney’s home state of Michigan. There, Paul supporters estimate that they have won eight voting slots plus one non-voting delegate and 11 alternates. Of the 14 Congressional District voting contests held this weekend, Paul organizers won RNC delegates in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 9th Districts, denying Detroit-born Romney a clean sweep of his home state. The Michigan victory occurred despite a heavy Romney campaign presence promoting a win for the establishment pick and presumptive nominee.
At the Vermont Republican State Convention this weekend, Ron Paul supporters won two of 14 national delegates, with two more considered potential allies, and they won 10 of 14 alternates. In all, Vermont has 17 delegates including super delegates.
Finally in Virginia, 11 district conventions have been taking place in recent weeks and have ended this weekend. In those contests Ron Paul supporters won 17 of 33 national delegates selected, with the remainder of the state’s 49 delegates including super delegates to be selected at the June 16th state convention. Also in Virginia, Paul supporters elected a Republican Congressional District Chair in the Third District, over a dozen liberty-oriented Republican State Central Committee Members five of whom are Ron Paul supporters, dozens of Republican county and city committee chairs, and hundreds of county and city committee members.
From the Alaska Dispatch via Christian Science Monitor, a fair summation of where the campaign stands (http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ron-paul-scores-big-minnesota-whats-next) now:

[I]n Minnesota Saturday[,]“The Paul crowd pulled off a bloodless coup,” the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported. “Unlike other states where brawls broke out between Paul fans and Romney supporters, the Minnesota convention was a relatively civil affair. There were no fistfights or shouting matches on the convention floor.”
http://reason.com/assets/mc/_external/2012_05/03a1102c22dffff75aa7f724a6bb7fff.jpg
In a nutshell, that sums up what Rep. Paul needs to do as the Republican Party works its way toward the nominating convention in August: Keep supporters of his “revolution” revved up, laying the groundwork for what he hopes will be a prominent role in Tampa, Fla., while not coming across as a political curmudgeon trying to undermine the candidacy of presumed front-runner Mitt Romney (with whom, it’s been reported, he has a good personal relationship).....
"The ball is in the court of the Republican Party and the court of Mitt Romney," Jesse Benton, national chairman of Paul's campaign, told reporters this past week. "We're bringing forward an attitude of respect, and we're also bringing forward some very specific things that we believe in. If our people are treated with respect, if our ideas, their ideas are embraced and treated seriously and treated with respect, I think the Republican Party will have a very good chance to pick up a substantial number of our votes."
"On the flip side," Benton warned, "if they're treated like they were in 2008, a lot of people are going to stay home and a lot of people are going to sit on their hands."....
“Ron Paul started what his supporters call a revolution,” Maggie Haberman and Emily Shultheis observe on Politico.com. “Now, that revolution is threatening to march on without him.”
Which seems to be exactly what Paul wants.

huntinman
05-21-2012, 08:05 PM
They have to run out of tin foil sooner or later...

zeus3925
05-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Some more grist for Franco:

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/editorials/152221365.html

Franco
05-21-2012, 11:44 PM

It is the leadership the GOP has been missing for the last 20 years. This political movement, this revolution is the GOP's only hope of remaining relevant.

The last sentence says it all;
They hold, in the words of state Rep. Keith Downey of Edina, that "our constitutional republic has been under attack from within for nearly a century." Their emergence widens the philosophical gulf between Minnesota's major parties -- a gulf that's already proving difficult to bridge by those seeking to govern this state.
Texas U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/152171105.html) may have suspended his presidential campaign one week ago, but no state convention observer would have guessed as much. Delegates gave Paul a rousing reception Friday, chanting "President Paul" and cheering his claim that a revolution is afoot in American politics.

Sean H
05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
huntinman, I would like to hear a logical argument from you on what you dislike about Ron Paul and his message/positions. From your responses on these threads it looks to me like he must have peed in your cheerios or laid your woman.

Franco
05-22-2012, 12:04 PM
huntinman, I would like to hear a logical argument from you on what you dislike about Ron Paul and his message/positions. From your responses on these threads it looks to me like he must have peed in your cheerios or laid your woman.

Probably both.

Good luck with trying to get him to articulate anything. He loves those cheap shots and that is why I have him on "ignore".

Marvin S
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM

From a state that elected Jesse Ventura Governor :-P there is nothing in the RP portfolio that suggests he would make even a marginal leader - we already have one of those as POTUS, no need to repeat that mistake.

Franco - the postings on the website make a lot of sense - would you care to predict the odds of any of those being written into policy or law should the long shot policy of a bunch of fanatics come to fruition:confused:? Any one can post whatever they want to on a website - being a true believer is another matter! From RP's past voting record I believe him to be less of a true believer than his disciples try to present, yourself included!!!!!!!!!!

BonMallari
05-22-2012, 12:45 PM

I will take a shot at your question, I like SOME of Congressman Paul's stances on issues, but he has his minions believing that he alone can change some of the programs he despises singlehandedly...the POTUS does not have that kind of unilateral power, sometimes I wish he did, other times I'm glad he doesnt...

for example : Abolish the welfare state- great idea, but chance of doing so, absolutely none..what would happen to all those on welfare, what would happen if you were to abolish food stamps,Medicaid, WIC

ending the Fed Reserve : probably another great idea in principle, but again an unrealistic goal,doing a complete overhaul of the way we do business might end up crashing the country just to satisfy an ideological premise

ending foreign aid: again a great idea, but not going to happen overnite, especially in a global economy, the American public doesnt realize what the benefits of foreign aid are just the liabilities, we are to blame for feeding the monster, we created it, wish we could just starve it but its not that cut and dried

One thing I do believe Ron Paul WOULD DO is appoint strict Constitutional minded SCOTUS members, that adhere to the nth degree with which the forefathers intended, no doubt about that

Bottom line is Ron Paul may champion many ideas that sound great to many of us, but he alone cant make them happen, the change will have to happen at a Congressional level, and there is no evidence that he has ANY support in either the House or Senate for his platform. he has never shown that kind of record in Congress as evidenced by his abysmal record in passing any meaningful legislation that he authored, if he cant pass a bill as a long sitting Congressman, what makes his followers think he could influence any bi partisan support on Capitol Hill...

Where RP missed the boat is to get like minded politicians elected to the House and Senate and build some kind of coalition, always wondered why he didnt try and lead the Libertarian Party or even the Tea Party, but it seems he would rather dwell on his own ideology which is a losing strategy because his followers are like a voting block that cant tip the balance of power in any direction

road kill
05-22-2012, 12:58 PM

My answer;

Dr Paul has accomplished NOTHING!!!!!1 bill in 24 years?

He talks well (even that is debatable).
He is an economic savant.

Otherwise I agree with nothing he says.
Franco's cult like zealotry for him has totally turned several here off to Dr Paul.
I do not even know what the hell this means??
http://reason.com/assets/mc/_external/2012_05/03a1102c22dffff75aa7f724a6bb7fff.jpg

Now....Scott Walker on the other hand has WALKED the WALK!!! :D

He did what he talked about doing!

LokiMeister
05-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Otherwise I agree with nothing he says.

Wow, you don't agree that we need to get back to following the Constitution, something that your buddy George Bush routinely forgot existed?

road kill
05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Wow, you don't agree that we need to get back to following the Constitution, something that your buddy George Bush routinely forgot existed?

Could you find one post I have ever made suggesting George Bush is my BUDDY??

Or does saying that just "FEEL" good at the moment?:cool:

BTW--I have never heard RP him say that.

Franco
05-22-2012, 01:37 PM
From a state that elected Jesse Ventura Governor :-P there is nothing in the RP portfolio that suggests he would make even a marginal leader - we already have one of those as POTUS, no need to repeat that mistake.

Franco - the postings on the website make a lot of sense - would you care to predict the odds of any of those being written into policy or law should the long shot policy of a bunch of fanatics co:confused:me to fruition? Any one can post whatever they want to on a website - being a true believer is another matter! From RP's past voting record I believe him to be less of a true believer than his disciples try to present, yourself included!!!!!!!!!!

Marv, Ill try to answer both you and Bon's post here.

First, some of the greatest minds in history had their distractors attempt to marginalize them as fanatics or fringe. Was it not King George who called the leaders of the American Revolution, fanatics?

In regards to getting the support needed to make the changes needed; that is why we are refering to this as a revolution. To reform our corrupt politricians into public servants. Not only are RP's ideas taking root,the entire GOP is being reformed slowly and surely, from top to bottom. In a short period of time, the political deciples of RP will control the majority of the state's RNC's. Add to that the amount of RP deciples running for State and Federal offices. Given the current direction of our country, the lack of leadership in both parties and it is only a matter of time before there is enough critical mass in reforming our government! RP may not ended up winning the GOP nomination but his message is being carried forward because the message is on target! Truth is powerful and that is what this movement has on its side.

P S
It is NOT just Mn but, Navada, Virginia, Maine, N Dakota, Louisiana, Iowa, and a few others where RP has the vast majority of delegates. RP is taking the delegates and the RNC state committees. Watch what happens in Georgia where Newt and Santorum were 1st and 2nd. Think they'll appoint Rmoney delegates?;-) Then, we have Texas and California coming up! RP is going to the convention with a whole hell of a lot more support than the media is willing to report!

What kind of odds will you give me for a Rand Paul/Marco Rubio ticket in 2016?

Sean H
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Bon - I don't think you'll find RP saying anywhere that these changes would happen overnight. Obviously it would take some time, but these are issues that need to be addressed. If they are not, then our country is going to end up like Greece.

Stan - I think that's awesome. If only every other legislator had such a poor record (I doubt they're that much better), this country would be a much better place. Less government please.

Cody Covey
05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Bon - I don't think you'll find RP saying anywhere that these changes would happen overnight. Obviously it would take some time, but these are issues that need to be addressed. If they are not, then our country is going to end up like Greece.

Stan - I think that's awesome. If only every other legislator had such a poor record (I doubt they're that much better), this country would be a much better place. Less government please.

How can you say you think its awesome that he can't get anything done but then expect him to be able to address these issues? He hasn't done a thing in 20 + years in politics but now RP supporters think this is all going to change because he becomes president? Why do you think so? I think most of RP's ideas are good but I also don't think anyone in Congress will take him seriously just as they haven't for the past 20 years.

Sean H
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
How can you say you think its awesome that he can't get anything done but then expect him to be able to address these issues? He hasn't done a thing in 20 + years in politics but now RP supporters think this is all going to change because he becomes president? Why do you think so? I think most of RP's ideas are good but I also don't think anyone in Congress will take him seriously just as they haven't for the past 20 years.

You don't think he'd have more power being the president? And be able to get more done than when just a representative?

edit: Obviously my tongue was planted firmly in cheek in the original response. RP's goals don't match up with either parties special interests, so it's no surprise that his authored bills didn't get much support.

Cody Covey
05-22-2012, 02:30 PM
You don't think he'd have more power being the president? And be able to get more done than when just a representative?

Balance of powers says no not really....

Sean H
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Balance of powers says no not really....

I think that him being voted president would send a pretty strong message to congress. And those poor saps will flip flop all they need to in order to keep their jobs.

huntinman
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM

Sean, the man had his chance. He does this every four years. We have had primaries in 40 something states and the voters in those states overwhelmingly supported Ron Paul to the grand total of about 10-12% on average. So now all of his assorted supporters want to play games with the delegates or some such... The voters have spoken. Go home. Time to move on with the big boys...

One more thing. It's usually only the third world countries where we hear about candidates getting thoroughly thrashed in elections and somehow insisting they have a right to the office anyway... Somehow the RP followers think he should still be prez. hello??

BonMallari
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM

edit: Obviously my tongue was planted firmly in cheek in the original response. RP's goals don't match up with either parties special interests, so it's no surprise that his authored bills didn't get much support.

Not without a majority in either or both the halls of Congress....look how the House has been able to stonewall and offset any of BHO's agenda, conversely look how the Senate has stopped any meaningful legislation from the House...RP would be about as close as you could get as an Indy...who would go with him...NO ONE

and to Franco the Rand Paul - Marco Rubio ticket wont happen....

1. if Rubio is the R nominee for VP he surely wont take another VP slot in 2016

2. if Romney wins the WH Rand wont get a shot until 2020

3. the more I listen to Rand Paul its evident he is his own man and not RP version 2.0

4. Rand must also get meaningful legislation passed, after all he is still the Jr senator from KY

5. IMO Rand Paul will learn from his dad's shortcomings or suffer the same fate and be marginalized