PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani Doctor

Gerry Clinchy
05-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm surprised that no one has brought up this topic. The doctor who was so influential in the OBL mission has been left to 33 years in a Pakistani prison.

I remember thinking at the time the details were released that it should not be hard for the P's to track down the doctor who had held vaccination clinics at the location. Obviously, I was correct.

Why wasn't that doctor & his family on a chopper that very night heading to safety? They could certainly have been picked up at some pre-arranged meeting place.

Who in their right mind would trust us to protect them ... individuals or countries?

We raise a ruckus over the physical discomfort of detainees at Gitmo, and why not over this doctor and his family?

BonMallari
05-29-2012, 12:16 PM
because they (US/CIA) used this guy, what happened to the reward money was it ever paid ? doubt it, and they wonder why no one wants to cooperate..but yet they pay guys like Karzaid and Musharref and get nothing...doesnt make sense, but the State Dept and they way they conduct business leaves a lot to be desired and that goes back a couple of administrations under both D and R control

Gerry Clinchy
05-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Pakistan produces judgment against Dr. Shakil Afridi, who helped CIA track down Usama bin Laden, saying Afridi was sentenced to 33 years in prison for assisting a militant Islamic group — just as Washington lawmakers threaten retaliation, including stopping all US aid.

So, when Congress threatens to turn off the Pakistani foreign aid, they come up with an alternative reason for the doctor's imprisonment. How could it make sense that the doctor helped the US get OBL and also was supporting some other Islamic militant group? Are there any such groups that do not support AQ?

WRL
05-30-2012, 11:27 AM
It also shows quite clearly that the P's knew all along where OBL was and they were protecting him.

We need to pull ALL out foreign aid to them NOW. Time to put our power to the test.

WRL

ARay11
05-30-2012, 02:18 PM
It also shows quite clearly that the P's knew all along where OBL was and they were protecting him.

We need to pull ALL out foreign aid to them NOW. Time to put our power to the test.

WRL

The US has sent well over 15 billion in aid to pakistan over the last 10 years. For what? So they can plot more efficiently how to kill us?

Franco
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Paying cash tributes to Pakistan won't change anytime soon. Even Rmoney is quoted as saying, "Don’t weaken Musharraf; we need an ally against terror."(Aug 2007)

I'm for ending 90% of our so-called Foreign Aide but, until we are willing to elect a real reformer I wouldn't expect anything different.