PDA

View Full Version : Waytugo Dallas!!!

Uncle Bill
05-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Did someone say, "We don't need no stinkin' picture ID?" Just a little thinking and "VOILA"...Dallas has an answer.

UB

Recently, the City of Dallas, Texas, passed an ordinance stating that if a driver is pulled over by law enforcement and is not able to provide proof of insurance, the car is towed.

To retrieve the car after being impounded, they must show proof of insurance to have the car released.

This has made it easy for the City of Dallas to remove uninsured cars.

Shortly after the "No Insurance" ordinance was passed, the Dallas impound lots began to fill up and were full after nine days. Over 80% of the impounded cars were driven by illegal's. Not only must they provide proof of insurance to have their car released, they have to pay for the cost of the tow, a $350 fine, and $20 for every day their car is kept in the lot.

Accident rates have gone down 47%, and Dallas' solution gets uninsured drivers off the road without making them show proof of nationality.

Wonder how the ACLU and the Justice Department will get around this one.

Just brings tears to my eyes.
GO DALLAS!

Marvin S
05-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks UB :) - one of my pet peeves has been the additional 20% I pay on my not inexpensive insurance policies to cover for those who fail to pay themselves. & we just had another member on the forum vent about being sued by Jose'. I will be contacting my state legislator about this.

bobbyb
05-29-2012, 06:44 PM
I love the Texas does things, don't arrest the dude, arrest the car..

BobbyB
cajun

paul young
05-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks UB :) - one of my pet peeves has been the additional 20% I pay on my not inexpensive insurance policies to cover for those who fail to pay themselves. & we just had another member on the forum vent about being sued by Jose'. I will be contacting my state legislator about this.

whatever state in the pacific northwest it is that you inhabit will be all over this! be sure to post here when your premium is reduced the 20% you claim is because of uninsured drivers...... i, for one, will not be holding my breath until that day arrives.

i am, however, completely in favor of getting uninsured operators off the road.

by the way, what's to keep them from buying another beater, not insuring it, and getting back on the road?

IF....... we want to get rid of illegal immigrants, we need to stop hiring them. the key to that is to make the penalties VERY severe for doing so.-Paul