PDA

View Full Version : Work Ethic Issue

menmon
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
For years I have heard that the wellfare system was the reason for the lack of work ethic. Clearly a family that does not work does not instill good working habits in their children. Having said this, I find everyday that the folks I hire do not know how to wiork because they have been entitled buy their parents.

I have two open positions at my business and I bank several companies that are hiring but can't find qualified help.

BonMallari
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
well maybe your qualification requirements are too stringent and those that can pass those feel that they can make more elsewhere

I was told once when I interviewed for an asst mgr position that I was over qualified and would never accept such a low starting salary, to which I replied "...when you are unemployed, there is no such thing..."

so is it that you cant find a candidate or that no one will accept the position for the salary offered

road kill
05-31-2012, 04:12 PM
For years I have heard that the wellfare system was the reason for the lack of work ethic. Clearly a family that does not work does not instill good working habits in their children. Having said this, I find everyday that the folks I hire do not know how to wiork because they have been entitled buy their parents.

I have two open positions at my business and I bank several companies that are hiring but can't find qualified help.
Why don't you hire people from career welfare families then??

RK

helencalif
05-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Not being able to find good help is ages old -- no work ethic, lack of education, just plain stupid with no desire to learn, and not having pride in your work seems to go hand in hand. We can blame the government for its entitlement programs with the end result being generations of takers, not givers. They are a big chunk of the unemployable. We can blame the teachers and the school system. We can blame the parents for not providing good examples and not instilling these values into their children. We can blame the parents who entitled their kids (i.e. spoiled them rotten) without requiring them to do something to earn the money to obtain the material items they demanded.

There are a lot of "parents" who should have never been parents because they do no parenting. Our society is seeing the results.

What is frustrating now is the fact that statistically in this country there are more irresponsible takers who feel they are entitled to be taken care of by "the government" than there are taxpayers who are providing "the government" with their money. They expect those who contribute to our society -- the hardworking taxpayers -- to support them without any effort on their part. They drop out of school, they collect their welfare checks. As long as the welfare checks and the food stamps keep coming, they don't want to be employed because it means w-o-r-k.

Combine this attitude with drug use is a good reason why employers can't find good workers.

About 21 years ago my husband had a business. Union workers/Union shop. He could not fire them for thievery, he could not fire them for drug use, he could not fire them because they were incompetent, late or didn't show up for work. About the only way he could get rid of them was to have no work for them to do. He was glad the day he sold as an owner. He got back into the union and went to work as a Union employee for a different firm. He was happy as a one-man manager with no employees working under him. Those were his terms for taking the job -- I'll run the department, but the department is me." He was a one-man department for 5 years; the company hated to see him retire. He retired 15 years ago. It was not as bad then as it probably is now.

Helen

menmon
05-31-2012, 04:37 PM
I concured that it was part of the problem.

The job pays $9 per hour. Nothing difficult about it except we expect them to work. We get the applications of the ones wanting to be managers too. My point being in this age of cell phones, computers and video games and parents that pay a mexican man to mow the grass and a maid to clean up behhind them, the children of this country don't learn how to work.

In other words, we as parents are the same as the government, giving them everything without conditions.

helencalif
05-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Why don't you hire people from career welfare families then??RK

Employers have to hire the best qualified people for the jobs they need to fill. I am not sure that "people from career welfare families" have the training, job skills, or work ethic.
Helen

menmon
05-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Helen said it all and yes it is worse now. I don't have to fire mine; they quit after they figure out it is work. My point is the problem runs much deeper.

We use 3rd world countries to make everything for us, because our people are too good to work for a living.

starjack
05-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Maybe we take all the so called intiteledments away and give them to the people that really need them. The other group of lazy a$$es would grab your job in a heart beat

Marvin S
05-31-2012, 07:23 PM

This is worthy of a discussion but you do remember one of your earlier posts where you commiserated about your having gone to the best schools only to end up ???. It sounds by that post that you also felt somewhat entitled :-P I believe that was about the time UB christened you the IHOP kid :).

I have a much different theory dealing with poor management, 2 income households, & a general lack of commitment by governmental agencies tasked with those responsibilities for which they took the money & gave little in return. :o

Jason Glavich
06-01-2012, 06:39 AM

The job pays $9 per hour. Nothing difficult about it except we expect them to work. We get the applications of the ones wanting to be managers too. My point being in this age of cell phones, computers and video games and parents that pay a mexican man to mow the grass and a maid to clean up behhind them, the children of this country don't learn how to work.

In other words, we as parents are the same as the government, giving them everything without conditions.

The other issue is many people think 9 an hour isn't good enough. I know of a lot of people who do not know why they cannot get hired when the salary they are asking for is way beyond their skillset, or beyond the job they are applying for.

here is a good example. I left a job for a better job, when leaving the first job I had a friend who was looking for something new. All he had to do was show up and the job was his, he showed up aced the interview and then they asked about pay, I knew what he made elsewhere, i knew what i made at this job, i am far more qualified, and he asked for 20k more than i was making there. Needless to say he did not get the job. This is the problem, people do not understand that not everyone gets to be a millionaire, i tell people all the time that not everyone gets to be a Rocket Scientist when we talk about everyones need for a college degree.

road kill
06-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Helen said it all and yes it is worse now. I don't have to fire mine; they quit after they figure out it is work. My point is the problem runs much deeper.

We use 3rd world countries to make everything for us, because our people are too good to work for a living.

I think you missed both points.
sambo's being there is no difference in work ethics between welfare families and working families, mine being "then hire the career welfare" family member.

Foolish pretense.

menmon
06-01-2012, 09:17 AM
My point was that we have bigger problems than just the offspring of wellfare mothers. The majority of the offspring of the middle and upper class do not have work ethic either.

Marvin....I did not quite understand what you were getting at but my two degrees are not what gave me work ethic. My father, a former union boss, that went back to his roots on the farm when I was a young boy taught me how to work. We farmed chickens and cows and those chickens needed tended to 7 days a week. I still hear him saying "get the lead out boy" "put both hands on it" My buddies had jobs at grocery stores making 3 times what I made working a 4th of the hours, too, and I envied them because they were hanging out at the lake on the weekends while I was bailing hay. In hindsight, my dad did me a big favor; he taught me how to work.

This is something I failed at with my son too. I gave him every thing, and the most work he ever did was the yard in the city and clean his room.

mngundog
06-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Judging from the individuals I've worked next to during the last 15 years, I would have to say that the younger generation has more work ethic than the 50-60 year olds. The older individuals believe work ethic means showing up to work 30 minutes early and leaving 10 minutes last, however to actually get them to do anything is impossible.

road kill
06-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Judging from the individuals I've worked next to during the last 15 years, I would have to say that the younger generation has more work ethic than the 50-60 year olds. The older individuals believe work ethic means showing up to work 30 minutes early and leaving 10 minutes last, however to actually get them to do anything is impossible.
Who do you work for, the State or Federal Govt?????

Marvin S
06-01-2012, 11:26 AM
My point was that we have bigger problems than just the offspring of wellfare mothers. The majority of the offspring of the middle and upper class do not have work ethic either.

Marvin....I did not quite understand what you were getting at but my two degrees are not what gave me work ethic. My father, a former union boss, that went back to his roots on the farm when I was a young boy taught me how to work. We farmed chickens and cows and those chickens needed tended to 7 days a week. I still hear him saying "get the lead out boy" "put both hands on it" My buddies had jobs at grocery stores making 3 times what I made working a 4th of the hours, too, and I envied them because they were hanging out at the lake on the weekends while I was bailing hay. In hindsight, my dad did me a big favor; he taught me how to work.

This is something I failed at with my son too. I gave him every thing, and the most work he ever did was the yard in the city and clean his room.

I don't disagree with your 1st point!

Unions were different in the old days, they at some times did something for their members - but they were also kept under control by managements that were doing their job. Today the majority of unionista's are public & no one is minding the store :(. Other than RK's hero. & there is more to do beyond what he has done - I'm not a fan of the cult status Public Safety seems to enjoy while not really having done much to be there.

I won't post about how my boys were handled other than to say they have a work ethic. The oldest said to me one time that his kids were not going to be raised like he was - my question was "what was so bad about the way you were raised" which apparently made him think as things changed. When my 3rd one was in the Marines his platoon leader asked why he was the only jarhead that never cried when the pressure came - his retort "my dad prepared me for the real world".

Sometimes being a good parent requires some things that are unpleasant - it's only when you enjoy being hard on your kids that there is something wrong. I did not enjoy administering proper consequences for their actions but at times had to step up & lay it on. It's a lot like trainig dogs to be successful, kids talk, dogs tell you by their tail ;-).

starjack
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM

Would you like to walk a mile in my shoes. Because im in that 50-60 range and still can run circles around my much younger co workers.

menmon
06-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Marvin, I agree. I should have trained him like my dogs

mngundog
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Would you like to walk a mile in my shoes. Because im in that 50-60 range and still can run circles around my much younger co workers.
I know many people in the 50-60 range that bust their tail, some of the hardest working people I know are over 55, with that being said "on average" where I worked the 20-30 crowd are much harder workers than the older crowd.

BonMallari
06-01-2012, 03:18 PM
I know many people in the 50-60 range that bust their tail, some of the hardest working people I know are over 55, with that being said "on average" where I worked the 20-30 crowd are much harder workers than the older crowd.

kind of depends on the job or task at hand...I am firmly in the middle of the 50-60 range and may have lost a step, but I also work smarter and not necessarily harder, much more efficient because of past experiences

beside the 20-30 crowd has to work twice as hard just to catch up with us "seasoned veterans"

Matt McKenzie
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Something Sambo and I can agree on. There are LOTS of young folks out there who don't understand work or the concept of an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. I saw it a lot while on active duty. There's a job that gives you an opportunity to meet lots of young people. And since most young Americans can't qualify to enlist, these kids are in some respects, "the cream of the crop". Some show up and work hard but most want to sit around and fool with their phones until someone tells them to do something. Many would quit if they could. The best workers in my experience were the immigrants (except for the Caribbean islanders). Young men and women from places like China, Mexico, Cameroon, The Congo, Peru and Guatemala would work circles around all but the hardest working American kids. I know that whenever I got a new kid in, I always hoped that he or she was either an immigrant or was coming from a farm or a ranch. Those kids usually knew how to work. I hated getting kids from the city because statistically, they were usually unprepared for the level of work required. But are kids lazier than they were 20 years ago? I don't know.
My youngest son works part time at a local restaurant and his employer tells me often how his work ethic is so much better than that of his peers. His coaches in various sports told me the same thing. While I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, one of the MOST important things I tried to teach him is work ethic. Life is competition and when times get tough, he's going to be just fine because he can outwork the competition and he has good moral character to go along with it. The same goes for my older boy. He chose not to get a college degree, but he works hard and provides well for his family. What more could I ask?
Sorry, I guess I went off on a little tangent there bragging on my kids. Oh well, I'm proud of both of them for many reasons, but I'm especially proud that in a world of slackers, they can turn to and get the job done.

starjack
06-01-2012, 06:24 PM
kind of depends on the job or task at hand...I am firmly in the middle of the 50-60 range and may have lost a step, but I also work smarter and not necessarily harder, much more efficient because of past experiences

beside the 20-30 crowd has to work twice as hard just to catch up with us "seasoned veterans"

Right on. I love it when they say how do you get that done so fast or you are done all ready. I just say work smarter not harder

TCFarmer
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM

That's not even minimum wage in WA.($9.04) I have found that it takes minimum wage plus 20%-30% to find someone willing to actually work in this area.

menmon
06-02-2012, 09:25 AM
That's not even minimum wage in WA.($9.04) I have found that it takes minimum wage plus 20%-30% to find someone willing to actually work in this area.

Here in Texas $9 is a good wage for this type of work. The first year we were in operation we paid $11 for the same job, but found that it didn't matter, they didn't stay. So we now start them at $9 and if they are still here in 90 days and doing a good job we bump them up to $10.

My wife and I have very little time for going out, but last night we went into town to a mexican food restaurant that has really good food. Our first experience there was on a Sunday night and the service was horible, but the food was excellent. So we went back and had an older man who served us and he was great. Last night, a young 25 year old man waited on us and started out good and then the wheels fell off. Begining with having come back and take our order again, then I had to remind him to check on it, then it came out without rice, and he noted it but did not go get the rice. We needed drinks and finally I caught him passing by. I typically tip 20% but only tipped him 10%. Even when something goes wrong, I tip 20% if the waiter tries to fix it. My thoughts on this is the young man did not put together the lack of tip on his performance, but instead I was cheap, becuase he thinks he is doing a good job.

The analyst that work for me at the bank think that they should have my job after a few months too. I tell them when I don't have to correct your work and you can structure it and sell it up stairs you get the promotion.

Franco
06-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Only folks you'll find around here working for $9. an hour are those willing to wipe butts at Nursing Homes. Oil and Medical are the fields to be in around here. That means Engineering and the Sciences which our local university does a great job with.
http://www.louisiana.edu/AboutUs/President.shtml

DarrinGreene
06-02-2012, 10:04 AM
If you can't retain people at $11 an hour, then you need to look at who competing businesses are taking your employees, then look at your economic model and see if you can figure out how to pay wages that retain employees. What is the cost of recruitment, including lost efficiency for training new people every year? You may find you could pay $15 an hour and come out ahead because the hourly costs is less than the recruitment/training costs.

If not, frustrating as it may be to constantly deal with turnover, that's the most economic way to do business, so it's a fact of life.

You're not going to change modern parenting.

helencalif
06-02-2012, 02:09 PM
I have 2 granddaughters who started working as courtesy clerks (i.e. baggers and cart wranglers) for a grocery chain in No. Calif. Both started out at age 16 in high school working 20 hrs. a week at minimum wage. They are now 18 and 20, they are going to community college and working 20 hr. weeks when in school. Now that is it summer, they are working more hours a week. They are now making $12 and $12.50 an hour and have benefits. Both are now in the checker program, except neither are checkers yet. One works in the deli and the other works in the bakery, and are loving it. I don't think they want to be checkers; they like what they are doing. They are moving up the ladder the grocery chain has, but both are still going to community college part-time. They don't know what they want to be, but for now they are working, making money, both paid for their cars, and they have some sort of future as checkers if college does not pan out.

They have seen people come and go who were in the same program offered by the grocery chain. Many were slackers and irresponsible -- late to work, never came to work. Tried to avoid work. Discourteous to customers. These two girls are hustlers, very responsible, smile, are happy, and are courteous. They are well-liked by customers and by management. It is no secret as to why they will keep their jobs and will get pay increases.

The jobs are out there. You have to work to find them and work to keep them.

Proud grandma... Helen

menmon
06-02-2012, 02:35 PM
If you can't retain people at $11 an hour, then you need to look at who competing businesses are taking your employees, then look at your economic model and see if you can figure out how to pay wages that retain employees. What is the cost of recruitment, including lost efficiency for training new people every year? You may find you could pay $15 an hour and come out ahead because the hourly costs is less than the recruitment/training costs.

If not, frustrating as it may be to constantly deal with turnover, that's the most economic way to do business, so it's a fact of life.

The job is cleaning and caring for dogs and cats. HomeDepot pays $10.50 and that is not starting...PetSmart starts them at minimum wage. Trust me it is not the wage. The work is real work and requires being on your feet all day and is basically non-stop. I will gladly pay more when they truly know the job. We have lots of applicants so it is not the wage.

I realize I can't change it. My point with this thread is to show the productivity problems of this country.

menmon
06-02-2012, 02:40 PM

It is not the wage...we pay more than our peers. If paying a few more dollars an hour would get me the right people that would stay, I'd pay it in a minute. Money is not the driver...you either know how to work or not. If you do, money will take care of itself

mngundog
06-02-2012, 02:44 PM
The last company that I worked at wound up laying off 225 people. Six of them that I know quite well were over 62, none of the six attempted to look for a job, three of them were staunch Republicans. So the lazy work ethic doesn't just envolve the younger generation.

BonMallari
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
The last company that I worked at wound up laying off 225 people. Six of them that I know quite well were over 62, none of the six attempted to look for a job, three of them were staunch Republicans. So the lazy work ethic doesn't just envolve the younger generation.

again your premise is flawed..age and political affiliation are not connected in this situation...did it ever occur to you that those "well over the age of 62" are probably eligible for retirement and social security benefits

bad work ethic knows no race,political affiliation,gender...for every instance you can give me, we both could find examples of the contrary....poor work ethic is poor work ethic, probably more a result of the person's upbringing and overall attitude

menmon
06-02-2012, 03:31 PM

The issue with older workers is that their health will not hold up...After a week they are complaining about back issues...typically over weight...if they would stick with the job...their health would improve...lots of walking

luvmylabs23139
06-02-2012, 05:05 PM
The job is cleaning and caring for dogs and cats. HomeDepot pays $10.50 and that is not starting...PetSmart starts them at minimum wage. Trust me it is not the wage. The work is real work and requires being on your feet all day and is basically non-stop. I will gladly pay more when they truly know the job. We have lots of applicants so it is not the wage.

I realize I can't change it. My point with this thread is to show the productivity problems of this country.

OK so I thought you were in the banking industry and could not find someone who would work for $9 to get their foot in the door, this would require some basic math skills at the least.. NOw you are talking about cleaning up cat piss. Anyone can clean cat piss but the feds pay people not to do it!!! Why clean cat piss if the taxpayer pays you via food stamps and section8, free cell phones etc to sit on your fat ass.
This is what is wrong wrong wrong. That person needs to be cut of from my hard earned money and go clean the cat piss!

menmon
06-02-2012, 05:19 PM
OK so I thought you were in the banking industry and could not find someone who would work for $9 to get their foot in the door, this would require some basic math skills at the least.. NOw you are talking about cleaning up cat piss. Anyone can clean cat piss but the feds pay people not to do it!!! Why clean cat piss if the taxpayer pays you via food stamps and section8, free cell phones etc to sit on your fat ass.
This is what is wrong wrong wrong. That person needs to be cut of from my hard earned money and go clean the cat piss!

I'm a banker and I start my analyst at $65K per year and they are not worth a crap either.

My wife and I own a boarding facility and I start my cat and dog piss cleaners at $9 and I struggle to find someone worth a crap.

charly_t
06-02-2012, 05:53 PM
The issue with older workers is that their health will not hold up...After a week they are complaining about back issues...typically over weight...if they would stick with the job...their health would improve...lots of walking

Sometimes some of your posts are good but this is not one of those :-)

So you are a doctor and can cure all of us old people with health problems by prescribing a plan to walk us back to health......right..........

Listen up and listen well. A friend and I, both of us senior citizens, used to do 3 very brisk walking miles, rest a few minutes and walk home slowly or what most people would think was a normal walk to the corner store. She is now dead and some days I would gladly welcome the grim reaper. I do my exercing faithfully ( but not the miles anymore ) every day and let me tell you some days its a flat out hard struggle. I hope to high heaven you remember this when you get old. The body does wear out and it is sometimes a slow process and sometimes it's fast. Some of us need that social security check well before 65 and others can work longer. My son who is in his 50s has had one heart attack but still works full time and some days its a 12 hour day. I very much doubt that he will live to collect SS. Of course this will make some people happy if another person does notcollect SS

menmon
06-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Sometimes some of your posts are good but this is not one of those :-)

So you are a doctor and can cure all of us old people with health problems by prescribing a plan to walk us back to health......right..........

Listen up and listen well. A friend and I, both of us senior citizens, used to do 3 very brisk walking miles, rest a few minutes and walk home slowly or what most people would think was a normal walk to the corner store. She is now dead and some days I would gladly welcome the grim reaper. I do my exercing faithfully ( but not the miles anymore ) every day and let me tell you some days its a flat out hard struggle. I hope to high heaven you remember this when you get old. The body does wear out and it is sometimes a slow process and sometimes it's fast. Some of us need that social security check well before 65 and others can work longer. My son who is in his 50s has had one heart attack but still works full time and some days its a 12 hour day. I very much doubt that he will live to collect SS. Of course this will make some people happy if another person does notcollect SS

Maybe I did not word it as well as I should. The older folks typically are responsible and can do the job well. Problem is the job is hard on them. I have hired several folks that had retired from good jobs, but their health tends to be an issue. I have an older guy that runs our dog daycare and is great with the animals. Put him on the care side of the business and he struggles, not becuase he does not understand what is expected, just he is getting old. Hell I'm fifty and everything hurts about me too. But I don't have a choice, the work has to be done.

charly_t
06-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Maybe I did not word it as well as I should. The older folks typically are responsible and can do the job well. Problem is the job is hard on them. I have hired several folks that had retired from good jobs, but their health tends to be an issue. I have an older guy that runs our dog daycare and is great with the animals. Put him on the care side of the business and he struggles, not becuase he does not understand what is expected, just he is getting old. Hell I'm fifty and everything hurts about me too. But I don't have a choice, the work has to be done.

Thank you ! My oldest son is close to your age. I just lost my post in reply to this one of yours so my private message may not make much sense to you but I sent it not realizing my error.

I need help IDing a snake. Been all over the net trying to ID him ( or her ). So I sent a private message to you.

luvmylabs23139
06-02-2012, 06:48 PM
hopefully it is a benign snake you are trying to id!A
last one we delt with was a nasty copperhead. THankfully he is now dead!
Of course the black snake is also gone as he was eating the baby rabbits and Shadow thru a fit.

charly_t
06-02-2012, 07:11 PM
hopefully it is a benign snake you are trying to id!A
last one we delt with was a nasty copperhead. THankfully he is now dead!
Of course the black snake is also gone as he was eating the baby rabbits and Shadow thru a fit.

This snake is mostly black but does have a light pattern. Copperheads and Rattlesnakes I can usualy ID. We have our fair share of those I'm sorry to say. We had a Cardinal build her nest under the kitchen window awning. Long story but the short version is either the eggs or newly hatched babies got eaten the other morning. Not the first baby birds to get eaten around this house. I killed what may be the guilty party out by the old barn. My picture is not great but I have looked on the net and can't find a snake that looks like this. Our local library ( the last time I checked ) only had a book with black and white photos. We have both blue racers and black racers around here as well as the usual green snakes, garter snakes etc. Some I let live others are killed. One like I just killed but larger was headed up the post some years back to the gourd that a pair of bluebirds were using....we killed him pdq.

Sorry for the hi-jack of this thread.

Back to our work ethic now. My work ethic says kill snakes who are acting badly, vbg.

zeus3925
06-03-2012, 07:57 AM
There are a lot of "parents" who should have never been parents because they do no parenting. Our society is seeing the results.

Helen

I firmly believe that parents should have a license to spawn. I am sure that would upset Libertarians and the red hats at the Vatican.

Cody Covey
06-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I firmly believe that parents should have a license to spawn. I am sure that would upset Libertarians and the red hats at the Vatican.
Sarge, you know if pains me to agree with you on things in this portion of RTF but I completely agree. And the license should be expensive to. Its kind of like how I think people shouldn't be allowed to own a dog if they can only afford the cheap dog food. If you can afford $40~ a month in dog food what happens when your dog needs surgery? You can't afford a license you surely can't take care of a child!

HPL
06-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Sarge, you know if pains me to agree with you on things in this portion of RTF but I completely agree. And the license should be expensive to. Its kind of like how I think people shouldn't be allowed to own a dog if they can only afford the cheap dog food. If you can afford $40~ a month in dog food what happens when your dog needs surgery? You can't afford a license you surely can't take care of a child!

OK, I have to weigh in here. I have said for years that everyone should be sterilized at birth and at 24, you can take a test (a hard one) and if you pass we will reverse the sterilization. As soon as the woman is pregnant, the man will be re-sterilized, likewise the woman as soon as the baby is delivered. In for years you can re-apply and if everything is going well, repeat the procedure. Son't necessarily think it should be means tested though.

awolfe
06-09-2012, 07:43 PM
That's sorta funny. Anyone hear about the guy in the news a week or so back, complaining that he couldn't afford the child support and etc for the 30 kids he's sired in something like 11 years with several women? I'm not givin him nothin to pay for his kids, but I'd gladly donate to have him castrated, with only a local anesthesia of course. Bet he won't work for $9 an hour either. He's too busy with extracurricular volunteer work. Same for the chicks that hang with him.

charly_t
06-09-2012, 11:10 PM
........................................but I'd gladly donate to have him castrated, with only a local anesthesia of course..............................

Glad to donate to that cause, vbeg. There is an herb ( and I use the term loosely ) that Native Americans used for birth control. I don't know if it works on men though. If used for very long a woman is never going to get pregnant again :-) I think the time frame was over 6 months. I have threatened to make Brownies that contained this herb and feed them to a certain relative for a year !

Edited for spelling !

zeus3925
06-10-2012, 12:05 AM
I miss my verbal start lawn mower. ( You wanna eat?)