PDA

View Full Version : THE LATEST: Warren's Cherokee ancestry

helencalif
06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
If Elizabeth Warren would just say, "I made a mistake; I realize now that I don't have Native American ancestry" , the issue would probably come to an end.

But no, Wed. night her campaign committee issued a statement from her.

She said that growing up that her mother, her grandparents, and aunts and uncles often talked about her family's Native American heritage. On that basis, she declared she was a minority in a national directory of law school personnel; she listed this in the directory for years. She also gave that information ("let people know") at the University of Pennsylvania and at Harvard.

Apparently nobody at the Univ. of PA or at Harvard checked her minority statements for accuracy.

She ends her statement with: "My Native American heritage is part of who I am. I'm proud of it and I have been open about it."

Er, Ms. Warren, you are just not getting it. You have no Cherokee ancestry; you have no Native American heritage. All these years when you were claiming minority status, it was self-identification by you based on family tales and nothing else.

Genealogical researchers experienced in tracing Native American ancestry (Cherokee in particular) have researched the family line you have said was Cherokee. The genealogists are back to 1824 ... that's 188 years and there is no Cherokee ancestry to be found.

This nonsensical statement by you suggests that despite facts and proof that you have no Native American ancestry you just won't admit that you were wrong.

Helen

BonMallari
06-01-2012, 03:12 PM
if she is Cherokee then I am 125th in line for the Emperor of Japan:rolleyes:...I guess she figures if she tells the lie often enough it will come true

helencalif
06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I am scratching my head over the wording of her statement.

1. "My Native American heritage is part of who I am. " (research has proven she has no Native American heritage)
2. "I'm proud of it and have been open about it." ('it' doesn't exist)

OPEN?
Is she referring to telling the Univ of PA that she was a minority/Native American being "open"?
Is listing yourself in a law school directory for years as a minority/Native American being "open?
Is listing yourself at Harvard as a minority/Native American being "open"?

Self-promoting dishonest woman trying to take advantage of the system to advance her career. That's my take.
Helen

Marvin S
06-03-2012, 06:52 PM
I am scratching my head over the wording of her statement.

1. "My Native American heritage is part of who I am. " (research has proven she has no Native American heritage)
2. "I'm proud of it and have been open about it." ('it' doesn't exist)

OPEN?
Is she referring to telling the Univ of PA that she was a minority/Native American being "open"?
Is listing yourself in a law school directory for years as a minority/Native American being "open?
Is listing yourself at Harvard as a minority/Native American being "open"?

Self-promoting dishonest woman trying to take advantage of the system to advance her career. That's my take.
Helen

Agree with that statement, they like to cut in line. Unfortunately, the MSM will give her a pass as they have with many highlighted in this administration. I'm still scratching my head over the non tax paying Secretary of the Treasury. Hopefully there will be no BHO 2nd term to keep her from the SCOTUS :).