PDA

View Full Version : who will Mitt choose as VP?

Ken Bora
06-04-2012, 08:11 AM
what do we think?
who will help and who will hurt?

some VP's have gone on to the big chair and others.... not so much

who you want?

BonMallari
06-04-2012, 08:17 AM
their are some VP's that should have gotten the "chair"

I think he will pick Rubio

I fear that he will pick Portman

He should pick Paul Ryan

Marvin S
06-04-2012, 11:24 AM
He has lot's of material - in no particular order or preference :)

Brewer
Pawlenty
Portman
Ryan
Jindal
Daniels, not so good -
Barbour

I left Haley & Rubio out as I believe they need more seasoning as did Sarah

If he does not pick someone more conservative than he is, the election is up for grabs, IMO

Ken Bora
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
If he does not pick someone more conservative than he is, the election is up for grabs, IMO

then why not add Santorum to your list?

Ken Bora
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I wonder if Condaleezza Rice would think about taking the job?

Franco
06-04-2012, 01:17 PM
then why not add Santorum to your list?

When did Santorum become a Conservative?

I didn't realize banning contraceptives was a Conservative principle. Nor, his big spending and pork/earmarks loving ways.

BonMallari
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I wonder if Condaleezza Rice would think about taking the job?

she might be a brilliant expert on Russian history but was ineffective an SOS...

as for Santorum, think he might carry the religious right but at the same time alienate the moderate middle..I actually think Rick Perry would be a good choice but highly doubt he is on the short list..thought Nikki Haley was a possibility but she would be another Palin

Franco
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
she might be a brilliant expert on Russian history but was ineffective an SOS...

as for Santorum, think he might carry the religious right but at the same time alienate the moderate middle..I actually think Rick Perry would be a good choice but highly doubt he is on the short list..thought Nikki Haley was a possibility but she would be another Palin

Santorum would not only alienate the moderate middle but, fiscal Conservatives, Independents, woman and those under 40!

Ken Bora
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM

but this ain't SOS, it's Biden's job. Heck even Dan Quail was able to handle the task. As was Gore and Mondale.
after the VP gives POTUS the few votes needed to get in. What do they do other than keep Letterman and Leno employed? Now you wanna rock the ticket, how about Hillary?

road kill
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Michelle Bachman

ARay11
06-04-2012, 04:15 PM
scott walker:razz:

huntinman
06-04-2012, 04:32 PM
scott walker:razz:

Wouldn't that just frost the Dems??

seandcso75
06-05-2012, 07:29 AM
I personally think he will pick Rubio. I would like to see him pick either Allen West or Rand Paul as VP. But what do I know.

Jim Danis
06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm thinking he'll pick Rubio. Rice would be a good choice also. I don't think she would help with the black vote though. Might not even be that much help with the female vote. Qualified? Definitely!