PDA

View Full Version : Price of oil

caryalsobrook
06-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't want to take away from the election in Wis., but the current price of oil is $83/barrel. Does anybody blame those GREEDY oil speculators for the drop??:) Does anybody think that we need to prohibil an oil futures market?? Just asking:)

Franco
06-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Should we credit Obama with the drop in price? Afterall, he did his part in helping to wreck the economy which has caused lower demand.:p

menmon
06-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Those greedy speculators took it on the chin a few weeks ago and are slow to get back in.

No Bush wrecked the economy...lets don't forget.

huntinman
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Those greedy speculators took it on the chin a few weeks ago and are slow to get back in.

No Bush wrecked the economy...lets don't forget.

That's why Obama is going to lose... neither he nor you have any new material...

Franco
06-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I would say that it is the clients of those greedy speculators that are going to take it on the chin.

Yes Bush helped wreck the economy and what Obama is doing is only making it worse. At some point in time, the root causes need to be addressed and that is something neither party is willing to touch. It is all smoke n mirrors government with bandaide solutions!

menmon
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Clearly Europe is pulling down oil prices....the risk to TX and LA have is that oil prices get bellow $60 and all this activity stops.

Obama is not making it worse....the economy is much bigger than any president. The republicans plan would be to make it easy for the consumer to borrow again...not a good ideal. Obama thinks that government spending is the way out...temporary fix. They messed up and did not alocate enough of the stimulus to infractructure because they wanted immediate relief, so much was spent on tax cuts, instead of tangible things that would have helped long into the future.

This two party thing makes these guys think short term because it is all about winning the next election, instead of having a good business plan. Anyway, the economy will fix itself but it will do it on its own time. The politican with the best rhetoric will win, not because he has the means to fix our ills.

caryalsobrook
06-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Clearly Europe is pulling down oil prices....the risk to TX and LA have is that oil prices get bellow $60 and all this activity stops.

Obama is not making it worse....the economy is much bigger than any president. The republicans plan would be to make it easy for the consumer to borrow again...not a good ideal. Obama thinks that government spending is the way out...temporary fix. They messed up and did not alocate enough of the stimulus to infractructure because they wanted immediate relief, so much was spent on tax cuts, instead of tangible things that would have helped long into the future.

This two party thing makes these guys think short term because it is all about winning the next election, instead of having a good business plan. Anyway, the economy will fix itself but it will do it on its own time. The politican with the best rhetoric will win, not because he has the means to fix our ills.
Amazing logic. Bush caused it because he had so much power but Obama is not at fault because he doesn't have enough power. What a joke:BIG:

menmon
06-04-2012, 12:26 PM
No two unfunded wars and a massive unfunded tax cut have the ability to tip the scale:rolleyes:

caryalsobrook
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
No two unfunded wars and a massive unfunded tax cut have the ability to tip the scale:rolleyes:

Still amazing. He had a majority in the house and a super majority in the senate. He and his party could have let the tax cuts expire but chose to keep them. He and his party could have brought the troops home. Instead they passed an 800 billion stimulus package with the CLAIM that if Congress did so then unemployment WOULD NOT GO ABOVE 8%. We all know that it went above 10%. They passed a healthcare bill with the claim that healthcare costs would go down and that IF YOU HAD INSURANCE YOU COULD KEEP YOUR INSURANCE. Either he is an idiot or a bold faced liar for making such a statement. they passed a finantial bill and he CLAIMED that by doing so, credit card interest rates would go down and bank fees would go down. Credit card fees went up about 11% almost immediately and bank fees have almost doubled. His predictions have been at least consistant. Consistantly wrong that is. He has presented only 2 budgets to Congress in the 3 1/2 years he has been in office. The first was voted down 99-0. Not even a democrat would vote for it. The second wasn't even voted on in the Senate. I suspect he holds two most dubious records, his budget voted down 99-0 even when his party held the majority and the FACT that he is probably the only President in history that will serve a term without ever having a budget. I might add that thehouse has passe budget after budget without the senate ever voting on a single one.

menmon
06-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Not that I agreed with him on not letting the tax cuts expire, because the right will not work with him on this. However, I know why he did not and that was to keep as much money in the economy as possible. Wars are not easy to turn off, having said this, I think we could have exited faster.

What everyone forgets is that the economy was headed to Armagedon and the only availble capital was government, so as opposed to putting us all in soup lines, they spent. Promises were made or things were said that people wanted to hear as guarantees that did not produce the outcome that was wanted. It is real easy to armchair this thing now and say you did not do the correct thing. This is how the right has managed their politics, and it has been a smart strategy. See it is smarter to add nothing and let the guy get blamed as opposed to offer up solutions that could help. If your goal is to get reelected or elected, this is the safe strategy. I hope Americans see it for what it was and throw some of them out, but probably not.

Clearly bad economies defeat good people, but please don't feed the right rhetoric to me. Albeit Franco leans more to the right, he does make good arguments.

huntinman
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Not that I agreed with him on not letting the tax cuts expire, because the right will not work with him on this. However, I know why he did not and that was to keep as much money in the economy as possible. Wars are not easy to turn off, having said this, I think we could have exited faster.

What everyone forgets is that the economy was headed to Armagedon and the only availble capital was government, so as opposed to putting us all in soup lines, they spent. Promises were made or things were said that people wanted to hear as guarantees that did not produce the outcome that was wanted. It is real easy to armchair this thing now and say you did not do the correct thing. This is how the right has managed their politics, and it has been a smart strategy. See it is smarter to add nothing and let the guy get blamed as opposed to offer up solutions that could help. If your goal is to get reelected or elected, this is the safe strategy. I hope Americans see it for what it was and throw some of them out, but probably not.

Clearly bad economies defeat good people, but please don't feed the right rhetoric to me. Albeit Franco leans more to the right, he does make good arguments.

That must be some good stuff you're drinkin';)

menmon
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
You are the one drinking the rebublican wine;)

Franco
06-04-2012, 03:04 PM

I don't know about that "leans more to the right" lable. When I think of today's "right" I think, "American Taliban". I consider myself a traditional Conservative. What has become today's Libertarian.

road kill
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
You are the one drinking the rebublican wine;)
And you regurgitate the Secular Progressive "WHINE!!"

Here, dispute this;

1. Lift offshore and onshore exploration and drilling bans: We remain the only nation in the world that has placed the majority of its territorial waters off limits to exploration. Congress should lift the ban on exploration in the eastern Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, and conduct more lease sales off Alaska's coasts.

2. Approve Keystone XL: The Keystone pipeline has bipartisan support and continues to be consistently popular, polling at 60 percent in November 2011 and 57 percent in late March. 69 Democrats joined House Republicans on a vote of support in April with Rep. Dennis Cardoza (D-CA) saying: "I think the president has made a very serious mistake here."

Yet, President Obama continues to block it and the jobs that come with it. Had Obama not delayed approval, up to 830,000 barrels of oil per day would have come from Canada to Gulf Coast refineries by as early as 2013. That's more than we bring in from Venezuela, our fourth largest importer.

3. Require timely environmental review: Environmental review requirements for oil and gas projects to commence on federal lands under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) take too long. Congress should place a reasonable 270-day time limit on NEPA reviews.

4. Permitting process: The processing time for an Application for Permit to Drill (APD) extends well past the 30-day time limit. Loris recommends: "Congress should require the Department of the Interior to honor the law's deadline unless the Interior finds fault with the application…[and] should ultimately transition the permitting process to state regulators, who are best able to balance economic growth and environmental well-being."

5. Issue leases on time: Rather than implementing an efficient leasing process, the Department of the Interior keeps adding administrative regulations to make the process more burdensome and bureaucratic. Congress should remove unnecessary red tape and if Interior fails to issue a lease within 60 days, it should be considered issued by default.

6. Allow development of oil shale: Oil shale production in the U.S. could be a global game changer since we hold the largest known reserves in the world. However, 70 percent of those reserves lie beneath federal lands. The Obama Administration has introduced new regulations, time frames, and significantly reduced the land available for leases. Congress should make permanent the 2008 guidelines for oil shale development in order to provide regulatory certainty.

7. Stop the land grab: Through Secretarial Order No. 3310, the Department of Interior is unilaterally and arbitrarily classifying federal land areas as "Wilderness" or "Wild Lands" restricting access to new drilling areas, preventing production on existing leases and halting economic growth. Congress should permanently block Secretarial Order No. 3310 and any similar designation should require congressional approval.

8. Implement 50/50 revenue sharing: States receive 50 percent of the revenues generated by onshore oil and natural gas production on federal lands and Congress should apply this allocation offshore as well. This would encourage more state involvement in drilling decisions and help state economies, whether by closing a deficit or aiding coastal restoration and conservation.

9. Prohibit greenhouse gas and Tier 3 gas regulations: In 2010, Interior suspended 61 leases in Montana alone because environmental groups charged that the energy production would contribute to climate change, demonstrating the need to permanently prohibit any federal agency from unilaterally regulating greenhouse gas emissions. Additionally, the proposed Tier 3 gas regulations to lower the amount of sulfur in gasoline are costly with no measurable benefits. Congress should prohibit the implementation of these regulations. Unelected bureaucrats should not hold such power over the economy.

10. Repeal the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS): Soon, refiners will be fined when the amount of ethanol mandated exceeds the amount that can be refined for use but the mandate requires production of cellulosic ethanol, which no companies have been able to viably produce commercially. As a result, refiners paid more than $6 million in waiver credits or surcharges in 2011. It is an economic and environmental disaster and must be repealed.

President Obama is keen to accept credit for the windfall of oil production in North Dakota and in other private areas outside federal control, where jobs are plentiful and unemployment has plummeted. Meanwhile, production on federal land is decreasing and regulatory conditions are worsening. It would be to the president's benefit to embrace some or all of these reforms that could immediately help American families filling up the minivan. Another 75 weeks with gas prices over $3.00, and household goods and food costing more as a result, will not help an already anemic recovery.

menmon
06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Price of oil is falling through the floor. So most of what you copied here does not apply. If it falls much further the unemplyment rate will skyrocket and the oil sector lays off people. However, that would make the republicans happy since it would help them get Romney elected.

huntinman
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Price of oil is falling through the floor. So most of what you copied here does not apply. If it falls much further the unemplyment rate will skyrocket and the oil sector lays off people. However, that would make the republicans happy since it would help them get Romney elected.

The unemployment rate has been skyrocketing for the last 3 and half years. Pull your head out of the kool-aid jar and you would see that. If not for the folks that have just quit looking, what would the unemployment rate really be? 15% or more... The number of people actually working is lower than at any time in many years thanks to your man in the WH.

menmon
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
He is not the reason....but if you need to blame someone go ahead.

ARay11
06-04-2012, 04:56 PM

wish i had a "like" button

Buzz
06-04-2012, 05:38 PM
He is not the reason....but if you need to blame someone go ahead.

Mike, I don't know what gives you the strength to continue on with this. Some folks are just hopeless...

I'd much rather concentrate on making things better for myself and family, & playing with my awesome dogs.

menmon
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I have a lot of time at the bank....when I'm not posting I'm busy with a deal.

Couple more years at the bank and then more time with my dogs.

huntinman
06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I have a lot of time at the bank....when I'm not posting I'm busy with a deal.

Couple more years at the bank and then more time with my dogs.

Is it a food bank??

menmon
06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Buzz...Tera just gave me an update on my Willie pup. He is going through swim-by well and his marking is holding up even with the force work. He loves the work and has good focus and memory. He is a big boy weighing 90lbs+ and is still very immature and that should be expected from a big boy like him.

She gave me a good laugh...he gets so focused on what he is doing that sometimes when she blows the whistle he sits but does not turn around, then the wheels start turning and he spins around. I'm excited about him but he probably will not get past this immaturity until he is 2 yrs. He just turned 1 yr May 21st, so I'm pleased with his progression and Tera has done a great job working through many issues and appears to have him well on track.