PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton

caryalsobrook
06-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Having listened to Bill Clinton's statements in Wis. I wonder if he is setting himself up to be the leader of the Democrat party when Obama is defeated in November. The far left liberals are going crazy about what he said and they are trying to sanitize what he said. I must admit that he would be a refreshing representative of the party and really don't think that Harry or Nancy will fill the bill.

Anybody else have a take on what bill has in mind?

road kill
06-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Having listened to Bill Clinton's statements in Wis. I wonder if he is setting himself up to be the leader of the Democrat party when Obama is defeated in November. The far left liberals are going crazy about what he said and they are trying to sanitize what he said. I must admit that he would be a refreshing representative of the party and really don't think that Harry or Nancy will fill the bill.

Anybody else have a take on what bill has in mind?

Bill has Bill & little Bill in mind.
Nothing else exists there!

zeus3925
06-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Maybe he should be on the council of economic advisers. He knows how to balance a budget.

caryalsobrook
06-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Maybe he should be on the council of economic advisers. He knows how to balance a budget.

Looks we might agree on something. He, along with Newt did manage to get it done. they would be a far better choice than the bozos that Obama appointed.

Gerry Clinchy
06-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Looks we might agree on something. He, along with Newt did manage to get it done. they would be a far better choice than the bozos that Obama appointed.

Bill also said, the other day, that Romney would be disastrous for the country's economy.

Does anybody really believe that there is any particle of character in Slick Willy? My opinion of him remains the same: he will say or do anything he thinks he can get away with to get what he wants for himself at a given moment in time. Right now the only thing left to him is to be a king-maker.

He introduced himself to a recent gathering with words to the effect: "Remember me? I'm the guy who gave you 4 out of 8 budgets with surplus." Could be taken as a dig at Obama. Could he be setting up Hillary for NC? He and Obama could never co-exist in the same space. I'd suspect that whatever support for O we have seen (on the surface) from Willy has a Willy agenda behind it. I can easily see Willy setting up: "I had hope, but O simply hasn't fulfilled his promise. Hillary has what it takes to get the job done."

Hillary is one wily gal. I'd bet she knew that Bill's charm would come in handy some day, so she was willing to pay a big personal price to keep him on her side over the long haul. My big aversion to Hillary is that she was willing to sell her self-respect for power. I really don't think that's the kind of person I'd want running the country. What US self-respect would she sell off to fulfill her own agenda if she was a POTUS?

Romney's character and mettle may be an unknown quantity ... but it surely cannot be any worse than Obama's and Hillary's.

menmon
06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!

You read all that into it.

He told you two things....Romney/Tea Party are bad for the economy because fiscal restraint right now would stall the economy, and that is what the Tea/Party is wanting him to do. Romney needs to distance himself from them but can't.

He also said that letting the tax cuts expire would be bad for the economy too, and it would because most people spend tax cuts.

Now Obama gets it...his base wants the tax cuts to expire, because they were more weoghted to the rich than to the middle class, but Obama knows the middle class does not need more tax burden, so he came with a compromise, just raise taxes on the ones that can afford it. The right will not compromise, mainly because the ones that would pay the taxes get them reelected.

road kill
06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!

He told you two things....Romney/Tea Party are bad for the economy because fiscal restraint right now would stall the economy, and that is what the Tea/Party is wanting him to do. Romney needs to distance himself from them but can't.

He also said that letting the tax cuts expire would be bad for the economy too, and it would because most people spend tax cuts.

Now Obama gets it...his base wants the tax cuts to expire, because they were more weoghted to the rich than to the middle class, but Obama knows the middle class does not need more tax burden, so he came with a compromise, just raise taxes on the ones that can afford it. The right will not compromise, mainly because the ones that would pay the taxes get them reelected.
The "Middle Class" is not Obama's base.

Learn it, live it, love it, own it!!!

menmon
06-06-2012, 10:46 AM
If not it should be...and it shouldn't be Romney's but because the social issues that many don't like are lined up with the democrats, they vote for someone that's primary goal is to help the wealthy as opposed to concerning them with their issues. It's that simple.

If history tells you anything, Presidents don't please the base...they please the middle, because that is the way to govern a diverse population.

road kill
06-06-2012, 10:50 AM
If not it should be...and it shouldn't be Romney's but because the social issues that many don't like are lined up with the democrats, they vote for someone that's primary goal is to help the wealthy as opposed to concerning them with their issues. It's that simple.

If history tells you anything, Presidents don't please the base...they please the middle, because that is the way to govern a diverse population.
Who is Obama pleasing????

I mean besides you, Buzz and Zeuss.

Gerry Clinchy
06-06-2012, 01:11 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!

And Willy will compromise anything and everything to get what he wants.

Have watched Bill Clinton's behavior since he was running for POTUS ... if you don't see some pattern to him over time, perhaps you have not been looking carefully.

luvmylabs23139
06-06-2012, 01:27 PM

I'm the middle class with a twist, I' a dink ( dual income no kids) I get screwed at every turn by democrats and rhinos. I have yet to see either cut my taxes. Let's see the child credit started by BUsh and made even worse by BUMFACE.
The house credit , stupid!!!!
Cash for clunkers?? What the heck I paid for someone elses new car when my clunker did not Q by 1
NOw you can write off student loan interest??? We paid all of hubby's student loans ( actually he had one for 2500)that had much higher interest rates without a tax break. I always paid cash that I earned for school/
PMI is now a write off? I argued that way back when( 18 years ago?) WE paid it for 2 years and the IRS said I was wrong. I still want my refund based on my correct argument that it is interest. Cash for clunkers, again I paid thru taxes yet my clunker missed it by 1 MPG. Then the stupid state failed it on their EPA crap not safety and tried to make me pay a ton to pass the epa BS. Duck tape saved me megga bucks!

menmon
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Hell let me whine too...just paid the county a $250 fee and $750 to an engineer to renew my flood water control permit....waste....Paid Waller ISD $17000 for school taxes and I can't seem to find any employees that I would put front and center with a customer much less take care of a dog. Lets not talk about federal income tax...man I could have dozen more dog on Bill's truck if I didn't have to pay those bastards. Having said that, I'm better off with the democrats...at least they waste it where I can get some of it back, unlike the republicans.

You guys must be in your thirties...because I said all the same studid crap when I was that age. Live a little longer and you will change your tune.

luvmylabs23139
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Hell let me whine too...just paid the county a $250 fee and $750 to an engineer to renew my flood water control permit....waste....Paid Waller ISD $17000 for school taxes and I can't seem to find any employees that I would put front and center with a customer much less take care of a dog. Lets not talk about federal income tax...man I could have dozen more dog on Bill's truck if I didn't have to pay those bastards. Having said that, I'm better off with the democrats...at least they waste it where I can get some of it back, unlike the republicans.

You guys must be in your thirties...because I said all the same studid crap when I was that age. Live a little longer and you will change your tune.

No, time is catching up I'll be 49 in a few days. All I have ever felt is paying for the rabbits.
I gotta make a federal tax payment in a few days and ask me how I have to pay part in advance based on those fools dates??? I have to pay a q payment to avoid a penalty with only 2 months of income for 3 months of income taxes ????
I have to pay a stupid fee for having a septic system. Of course the golf course sends tons of crap into my pool that costs me a ton to keep it algee free but don't complain since it some community course.
Tell me why you actually think you should pay that insane school tax?
I bet it did not cost that much to educate your kid!
How do you figure the dems are in your corner? I mean they don't make those that have 12 kids tow the line?

Here are a few simple facts. Just to keep those who claim I'm racist honest both houses are owned by people of the same race.

BOth house in the same older subdivision.

HOuse #1 They have five kids in school. They pay less than half the property taxes of house # 2.
HOuse # 2 ZERO KIDS never had never will THe pay more than double the property taxes.

Who is getting royally screwed???

Again what do I get for paying double?? I am royally screwed. I have no issue stating that.

mngundog
06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Hillary is one wily gal. I'd bet she knew that Bill's charm would come in handy some day, so she was willing to pay a big personal price to keep him on her side over the long haul. My big aversion to Hillary is that she was willing to sell her self-respect for power. I really don't think that's the kind of person I'd want running the country. What US self-respect would she sell off to fulfill her own agenda if she was a POTUS?

Romney's character and mettle may be an unknown quantity ... but it surely cannot be any worse than Obama's and Hillary's.
Hillary never payed a personal price, it was a sham to begin with, it was a business deal nothing else for which she was rewarded greatly. The day before Bill got elected she was Hillary Clinton, the day after she was Hillary Rodham/Clinton, she was always playing the game.

Buzz
06-06-2012, 06:17 PM
The "Middle Class" is not Obama's base.

Learn it, live it, love it, own it!!!

Yup, Romney, the Koch Brothers, and other assorted billionaires throwing ten-hundreds of millions of dollars into the political process are very concerned about the welfare of the middle class. Why else would they be spending all that bling on the likes of Romney, Gingrich, Walker, etc.

coachmo
06-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah you're right Buzz those left wing lunatics paying 35k a plate to support Obama are really in touch with the middle class. Sambo by looking at the amount of taxes you pay I would say you definitely fall in the 1 percent category. Must be hell explaining that to all of your occupy buddies.

Gerry Clinchy
06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Yup, Romney, the Koch Brothers, and other assorted billionaires throwing ten-hundreds of millions of dollars into the political process are very concerned about the welfare of the middle class. Why else would they be spending all that bling on the likes of Romney, Gingrich, Walker, etc.

And there are plenty of 1-percenters sending their $ to Obama and DNC.

I don't believe that there many of the political elite who really have much connection to working stiffs anymore. What other job gets as many days off as our fellas & gals in DC? Do they have any idea what it means to punch a clock or have to account for their time away from the job? I don't think so.

Buzz
06-06-2012, 09:46 PM
And there are plenty of 1-percenters sending their $ to Obama and DNC.

I don't believe that there many of the political elite who really have much connection to working stiffs anymore. What other job gets as many days off as our fellas & gals in DC? Do they have any idea what it means to punch a clock or have to account for their time away from the job? I don't think so.

The 1 %ers? That's chump change.

Just wait...

BonMallari
06-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Hillary never payed a personal price, it was a sham to begin with, it was a business deal nothing else for which she was rewarded greatly. The day before Bill got elected she was Hillary Clinton, the day after she was Hillary Rodham/Clinton, she was always playing the game.

Really a sham...how do you explain Chelsea ?...look I am certainly NOT a Hillary or Bill fan but they are astute power hungry politicians...and the reason that Hillary started using Rodham was that her dad passed away and she wanted to honor him, at least thats how they explained it at the time..

Bill C. is more concerned about his legacy, either way he wins no matter how the election goes, if BHO wins, he remains the wise old owl of the party, if BHO loses Slick W can claim all along that it was a fairy tale and the country should have gone with Hillary...and the Clintonista faction of the party will come back into power

But has anyone seen the old gal lately, the years have not been kind to her

mngundog
06-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Really a sham...how do you explain Chelsea ?...look I am certainly NOT a Hillary or Bill fan but they are astute power hungry politicians...and the reason that Hillary started using Rodham was that her dad passed away and she wanted to honor him, at least thats how they explained it at the time..

Bill C. is more concerned about his legacy, either way he wins no matter how the election goes, if BHO wins, he remains the wise old owl of the party, if BHO loses Slick W can claim all along that it was a fairy tale and the country should have gone with Hillary...and the Clintonista faction of the party will come back into power

But has anyone seen the old gal lately, the years have not been kind to her

The White House press secretary explaining the name change three months before her father died.

The White House is taking the position that nothing has changed. "Mrs. Clinton was Hillary Rodham Clinton all through the campaign and the transition," Ms. Caputo said. "This was consistent in terms of press releases and media advisories. It's how she signs her autograph, it's how she signs her correspondence, it's how she is referred to within the campaign. I mean, there's nothing new here. The fact is, we have been consistent all along and nothing has changed."

Jason Glavich
06-07-2012, 07:15 AM
So if Bill successfully ruins Obamas chances will anyone see him as a good person? I mean c'mon the guy is a very smooth talker, he could convince you he isn't in the same room as you even if you were looking right at him.

Gerry Clinchy
06-07-2012, 02:24 PM
The 1 %ers? That's chump change.

Just wait...

Soros is not chump change.