PDA

View Full Version : Violence where you live

gmhr1
06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
We are seeing an increase here in Yuma. One man was stabbed while at the car wash many of our business's (banks , subway , burger king motels jewelry stores etc... ) are being robbed. In Phx one teen was killed when he ws struck by a stray bullet during a drive by. Drive bys nightly, One man was attacked & stabbed while pumping gas at a circle K an two men came up asked for his wallet he said no. An off duty police officer just shot an intruder through the head the kid broke into his home with a river rock, people are eating the faces off of people. And of course lets not forget the guy sitting at a taco bell that shot the handicapped person who walked in front of his car while walking his labrador retriever, the shooter said the guy threatend him, turns out all the guy had was the leash on the dog......
Whats going on?

ARay11
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Cyndi,
I have a friend in PHX. He says the same thing. Crime and violence rapidly increasing there. We are not seeing too much of it here, but we are very rural. OKC metro areas are getting rougher by the day. Increasing gang activity is at the core of it there.

BonMallari
06-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Here in Vegas we are seeing the LA gangs making their mark , the city hosted the NBA All Star game a couple of years ago and broke the city arrest records that were set on NY Eve, society in the city is crumbling and you wonder why people move to the country

luvmylabs23139
06-06-2012, 10:42 AM
In the general local newspaper area there has been a large increase in the number of house breakins. That is the bad news. The good news is that many of the homeowners including the elderly are armed and fight back which has resulted in dead perps. That saves the taxpayers trial costs, jail costs etc. Most dead perps actually messed with seniors.
The other thing I have noticed is that there are a lot more reports of the perps being kids. NO names released of course because for some unknown liberal reason if you are under a certain age they won't name you even for armed robbery.

gmhr1
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
We usually walk our dog down a main canal thats one of the reasons we live here for dog training, but there have been a couple cases of drug activity and people getting robbed, I'm afraid to walk it. We have lived here since 1983 I have never been afraid . At he grocery store I go to every other day a lady was attacked going to here car a guy jumped in pulled out a gun she turned off the car and started screaming he got scared and ran off the police caught in a few minutes later. We do have a good police dept. We are looking at moving just dont know where.

luvmylabs23139
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM
We have had major issues of car break ins and gang graffiti on our OB club building. We even have creatures ( no other nice way to describe them) walking into the building in the mid morning.
It used to be that I had no problem unlocking all the doors as soon as I got there if we had a class coming in that included non club members. That is a required fire reg. Now I will only do that if I have 2 big black dogs with me not just one. Magic is a moosh moosh although big and intimidating looking. I won't unlock doors unless Shadow is there if I'm alone. While Magic would try to make friends, the old lady, she is ten, would be more protective.
I've thrown at least 7 creatures out of the building not nicely in the last 4 months. I always get elected since I tend to be the youngest club member there at those hours plus a big black dog always helps!
Most go peacefully but I did have to physically toss one while another club member called 911

Matt McKenzie
06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
violence where I live has tapered off a good bit lately since I've learned to do what I'm told. But I still keep a close eye on her moods.

HPL
06-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Not too sure about violence as the local paper would like everyone to believe that there is no crime in the area. Burglaries are epidemic. I would guess that at least half the people I talk to have had some kind of burglary. Everything from a bunch of cars being broken into while the owners were in church to a guy tht lives a couple of blocks from me having his AC condenser unit stolen for the copper and aluminum. Another fellow was remodeling a house and had the new windows in the house ready to install and someone broke in overnight and stole the windows!! Personally I've lost three lawnmowers, a 20' length of chain (used to chain up a mower), and all my power tools, all in different instances (including the chain). I have 4 rent properties and all of them have been broken into at least once in the last two years, and several of my neighbors have also experienced burglaries. I don't live in a crap neighborhood either. It is very mixed, some renters, some owners, some college students, some professors, some business owners, some retires, a few deadbeats and on occasion, a drug dealer or two. (we are a college and a navy town).

mngundog
06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Three weeks ago someone spray painted "I hope she was worth it" on the side of someone's car, that and about 4 years ago a pickup was stolen from in front of the legion (we leave our keys in the ignition here), that's about it in the last 5 years.

Buzz
06-06-2012, 07:35 PM
We are seeing an increase here in Yuma. One man was stabbed while at the car wash many of our business's (banks , subway , burger king motels jewelry stores etc... ) are being robbed. In Phx one teen was killed when he ws struck by a stray bullet during a drive by. Drive bys nightly, One man was attacked & stabbed while pumping gas at a circle K an two men came up asked for his wallet he said no. An off duty police officer just shot an intruder through the head the kid broke into his home with a river rock, people are eating the faces off of people. And of course lets not forget the guy sitting at a taco bell that shot the handicapped person who walked in front of his car while walking his labrador retriever, the shooter said the guy threatend him, turns out all the guy had was the leash on the dog......
Whats going on?

I think part of it's called 24 hour news sensationalization. But thank goodness we don't have gang activity in Brookings SD.

Uncle Bill
06-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I think part of it's called 24 hour news sensationalization. But thank goodness we don't have gang activity in Brookings SD.

Except for the Jacks now refusing to play UND because that liberal bastion doesn't "feel right" about the UND's team name. GFF

UB

mngundog
06-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Did you miss the Hobo Days riot? :D

dback
06-08-2012, 09:26 PM
violence where I live has tapered off a good bit lately since I've learned to do what I'm told. But I still keep a close eye on her moods.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

road kill
06-09-2012, 02:59 PM
According to Mayor Barrett (recently defeated Gubernatorial recall candidate) and Chief Flynn, MPD, our violent crime rate has gone down here in Milwaukee.

After further review, they are LIEING LIARS THAT LIED!!!!

gmhr1
06-10-2012, 09:30 AM
In Phx an 18 yr old and his freinds were returning a wrong order to a fast food place when a gang shooting took place and this young boy was shot, he had nothing to do with them just at the wrong place wrong time.

Sharon Potter
06-10-2012, 10:26 AM
The violence here has been higher than usual. In fact, there have been three drive-by shootings resulting in death just this week, and I expect them to continue. Translation: Three gophers shot while I was driving by on the Polaris Ranger. :D That's about all there is up here....glad I live where I live.

M&K's Retrievers
06-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Here in BFE we don't have a lot of violins but there is the occasional fiddle.

Emily Latella regards,

gmhr1
06-23-2012, 02:43 PM
14 year old boy shot an arned intruder yesterday in Laveen AZ yesterday , 55th and Baseline. His doorbell rang the kid didnt know the person ( a woman) so he didnt open the door than there was loud banging the kid took his siblings upstairs grabbed his dad's gun the intruder busted open the door kid says intruder pointed a gun at him and the kid shot him. The intruder(37 yrs old) was taken in critical condition the the hospital police are looking for the woman. Few days ago three people were shot in there home in west Phoenix and prior to that another home invasion.