PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul- "It would be an honor to be considered for VP "

BonMallari
06-08-2012, 05:14 PM
First-term Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said Friday that he would consider it an honor to be considered as a running mate for presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

"A year, year and a half ago, I was a physician in a small town," Paul told CNN. "And it would be a great honor to be considered as a vice president for the Republican Party. I think that would be something that anybody who said otherwise would not be being truthful."

Paul endorsed Romney Thursday on Fox News, saying that while "my first choice had always been my father," he is "happy to announce I am supporting Governor Romney." Paul's father, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, has suspended active campaigning for the presidency and acknowledged he will not be the Republican presidential nominee, though he remains a candidate. Rand Paul, whose beliefs echo those of his Libertarian-leaning father, is expected to strongly consider a presidential run of his own in 2016 or 2020.

someone check on Franco, take away all his sharp objects....

I think the younger Rand Paul just separated himself from his dad's shadow

Gerry Clinchy
06-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Wow! That's a surprise.

Franco
06-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Rand Paul, whose beliefs echo those of his Libertarian-leaning father, is expected to strongly consider a presidential run of his own in 2016 or 2020.

Liker I've said, "the apple didn't fall far from the tree".;) Like father, like son.

Rmoney has the delgates, Rand P might as well support the party.

cpj
06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Rand's views don't necessarily echo his father's though they are similar. Lots of analysis in the alternative news world on this endorsement. Infowars and Adam Vs The Man come to mind.

BonMallari
06-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Rand's views don't necessarily echo his father's though they are similar. Lots of analysis in the alternative news world on this endorsement. Infowars and Adam Vs The Man come to mind.

Exactly....I think Rand is his own man, the generational difference is quite evident..IMO he is also smart enough to see where his dad has gained no traction and wont follow the same path...much more eloquent

ARay11
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Exactly....I think Rand is his own man, the generational difference is quite evident..IMO he is also smart enough to see where his dad has gained no traction and wont follow the same path...much more eloquent

(the other) RP may be just the shot in the arm the RP movement has needed.

Franco
06-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Some one tell me where RP and RP2 differ please. I've kept up with the both of them and have yet to read where they differ on any major issue.

Like I said earlier, the Rmoney endorsement is just a political move to set RP2 up for a run in 2016. After 8 years of Obama, this country might be ready by then for someone that believes in The Constitution!
http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/june2012/110612_campaign_responds.htm

"People love Ron Paul because he never compromised his principles - it's about principles not politics.""America needs principles because compromised politics has got us to where we are today."Pointing out that it was "delusional" to think that Ron Paul was not involved in Rand's decision, Jones believes the move is a miscalculation."The Pauls are an ally for liberty in government but their decision to ingratiate themselves with the Republican establishment will backfire in the long run," warned the radio host.

I agree with the radio host that this could backfire. RP started a political revolution. By RP2 endorsing the same old politics of the past is a sell-out.