PDA

View Full Version : He Talks the Talk......

road kill
06-08-2012, 09:42 PM
But.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA9KC8SMu3o&feature=related

He don't walk the walk!

huntinman
06-09-2012, 08:21 AM
But.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA9KC8SMu3o&feature=related

He don't walk the walk!

I think his ears have been growing every time he tells a lie!

road kill
06-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I think his ears have been growing every time he tells a lie!

I guess he just couldn't find any "comfortable shoes!"
'Cause he never showed up here in WI!!

Gerry Clinchy
06-09-2012, 03:29 PM
This is what bothers me so much about him ... he says things impulsively that sound good, but really have no thought behind them. Having a POTUS walk a picket line would be the supreme nightmare for security!

But having made such a statement, if it were really something that mattered to him, he should have at least given his support in WI in some way ... but he actually seemed to ignore what was happening there.

This has nothing to do with what side of the issue one favors ... but it has to do with character; and feel-good rhetoric v. truly believing in what is being verbalized.

Buzz
06-09-2012, 03:39 PM
This is what bothers me so much about him ... he says things impulsively that sound good, but really have no thought behind them. Having a POTUS walk a picket line would be the supreme nightmare for security!

But having made such a statement, if it were really something that mattered to him, he should have at least given his support in WI in some way ... but he actually seemed to ignore what was happening there.

This has nothing to do with what side of the issue one favors ... but it has to do with character; and feel-good rhetoric v. truly believing in what is being verbalized.

I agree with you. I am betting that this video will show up in Wisconsin Ads, and I believe that they will have the impact of keeping Democratic voters from the poles.

road kill
06-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I agree with you. I am betting that this video will show up in Wisconsin Ads, and I believe that they will have the impact of keeping Democratic voters from the poles.

Buzz,
Obama was in Chicago the Fri before the recall / tantrum / election.
He flew to Minneapolis, MN.

Look at a map, draw a line.

Obama finnaly sent a tweet Monday, the day before the vote.
Pretty sad.

My Democrat (progressive) friends whine that Walker had more money.

Why?
You could have sent Barrett all you wanted to.

But alas, they sent none.

BTW--It is estimated DA UNIONS dumped over $40 million into WI over the last 17 months.
The election process evidently cost in excess of $18 miilion to the taxpayers.

What a massive waste of money & political capital...........

huntinman
06-09-2012, 06:01 PM

I don't think he says anything impulsively... I think he's a cold calculated lying politician.

BonMallari
06-09-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't think he says anything impulsively... I think he's a cold calculated lying politician.

He is only as good as his teleprompter...His gaffes come when he is free wheeling it....but he carefully chooses his words to stir up the crowd that he panders to, after all thats what community organizers do best, everything this admin does is cold calculated with political implications factored in...

Marvin S
06-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I believe that they will have the impact of keeping Democratic voters from the poles.

Poles as in Pole dancing or Polack or did you mean Polls as in voting booths :p. Cause I'm sure there are a lot of D's that show at the poles, as in dancing :).

Buzz
06-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Poles as in Pole dancing or Polack or did you mean Polls as in voting booths :p. Cause I'm sure there are a lot of D's that show at the poles, as in dancing :).

When I typed that, I thought something was wrong.... :(

charly_t
06-09-2012, 11:54 PM
He is only as good as his teleprompter...His gaffes come when he is free wheeling it....but he carefully chooses his words to stir up the crowd that he panders to, after all thats what community organizers do best, everything this admin does is cold calculated with political implications factored in...

Yep, he is a great orator when he has his speech ahead of time etc. The PR that has went into this president's election and his term in office has been well planned most of the time by someone. And some people keep excusing his unplanned goofs.

menmon
06-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm sure he did what was best. See if he had been there, you would have torn him down too, but this way you are having to reach for things. Typical....if you can't find what you need to make him bad, you make something bad.

Exit POLLS show Obama WI

road kill
06-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm sure he did what was best. See if he had been there, you would have torn him down too, but this way you are having to reach for things. Typical....if you can't find what you need to make him bad, you make something bad.

Exit POLLS show Obama WI

BTW--Those same exit polls you site had Barret and Walker tied.
Walker won by 7%.
There goes your poll!!!

Obama said he would be here (in comfortable shoes) for DA UNIONS!!!

He didn't show......too busy leaking stories and deciding the private sector economy was good!!??!!??

Let it go sambo, he is not YOUR guy!!!
Your better than this..............

Gerry Clinchy
06-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm guessing that Maureen Dowd is now off the White House invitation list.

June 2, column:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sunday/dowd-dreaming-of-a-superhero.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&ref=opinion

The president who started off with such dazzle now seems incapable of stimulating either the economy or the voters.

Once glowing, his press is now burning. “To a very real degree, 2008’s candidate of hope stands poised to become 2012’s candidate of fear,” John Heilemann wrote in New York magazine, noting that because Obama feels he can’t run on his record, his campaign will resort to nuking Romney.

In his new book, “A Nation of Wusses,” the Democrat Ed Rendell, the former governor of Pennsylvania, wonders how “the best communicator in campaign history” lost his touch.

“The administration lost the communications war with disastrous consequences that played out on Election Day 2010,” Rendell writes

Dowd adds:

The legendary speaker who drew campaign crowds in the tens of thousands and inspired a dispirited nation ended up nonchalantly delegating to a pork-happy Congress, disdaining the bully pulpit, neglecting to do any L.B.J.-style grunt work with Congress and the American public, and ceding control of his narrative.

From Maraniss' new book, she quotes:

Obama’s boss at his community organizing job in Chicago, Jerry Kellman, observed: “He was not unwilling to take risks, but was just this strange combination of someone who would have to weigh everything to death, and then take a dramatic risk at the end. He was reluctant to do confrontation, to push the other side because it might blow up — and it might. But one thing Alinsky did understand was that within reason, once something blows up, to a certain degree it doesn’t hurt, it helps.”

Cook (Obama's girlfriend in NY) told Maraniss that she thought Obama’s desire to “play out a superhero life” was “a very strong archetype in his personality.”

But superheroes and mythic figures must boldly lead. Obama’s caution — ingrained from a life of being deserted by his father and sometimes his mother, and of being, as he wrote to another girlfriend, “caught without a class, a structure, or tradition to support me” — has restrained him at times.

In some ways, he’s still finding himself, too absorbed to see what’s not working. But the White House is a very hard place to go on a vision quest, especially with a storm brewing.

This was topped off by Krugman saying, on Saturday, that the Obama economy was awful.

This tenor from the NY Times is very different than it was in 2008.

menmon
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
His record is actually very good! The world is in a great depression and the management of the economy by his people has been dead on for what needs to be done.

However, republicans want to saddle him with the blame and have to some degree, but I think the fear of what could happen if Romney was to take over will make them vote for him when the time comes.

Just like a month ago everybody was blaming him for high gasoline prices...can't do that anymore...got quiet.

Let some good economic stats come out and it will take some of these stones away, too.

Let wait and call this after the conventions.

McCain just sounds like a sore loser. He did the same crap with W beat hime. He adds no substance, and has never been a dignified loser. Him spending time in a prison camp does not make him a foriegn policy expert. War hero...yes. War expert no way!!

starjack
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Excuse me 3.65 is still to high. Still not quiet about it either just dont post on a dog forum about. So you can keep paying your low gas prices. Iwould like to see something done about it.

But with your fearless leader in charge i wont hold my breath.

huntinman
06-11-2012, 05:48 PM
His record is actually very good! The world is in a great depression and the management of the economy by his people has been dead on for what needs to be done.

However, republicans want to saddle him with the blame and have to some degree, but I think the fear of what could happen if Romney was to take over will make them vote for him when the time comes.

Just like a month ago everybody was blaming him for high gasoline prices...can't do that anymore...got quiet.

Let some good economic stats come out and it will take some of these stones away, too.

Let wait and call this after the conventions.

McCain just sounds like a sore loser. He did the same crap with W beat hime. He adds no substance, and has never been a dignified loser. Him spending time in a prison camp does not make him a foriegn policy expert. War hero...yes. War expert no way!!

Sambo, you have got to be a DNC internet mercenary. No rational person with a functioning brain could actually believe the crap you spout. What other boards are on your hit list?

Gerry Clinchy
06-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Sambo, Dowd and Krugman are with the NY Times! They have been Obama-supporters from the get go.

Michael Pearrow
06-11-2012, 10:58 PM

Exit POLLS show Obama WI

I don't have to fish for something to make him bad all I got to say is he's a Demarcate and a Liberal he has raised the debt in a soaring rate . He has took your money and put it in the pockets of already Millionaires ! He is Arrogant!! He goes to in my mind enemy countries and bash the US and say things such as the American People are Arrogant, America is not a Christian Nation, and he is Anti Arms he is against you and I owning guns . He has not passed a Budget and the reason is it will show just how much he has wasted . He will defend a Muslim over a America any day . He has violated the Constitution in some many ways . I don"t have to dig deep and I'm just startin . Here is a Cherry for the cake "George Bush believes in using his power to use Excutive Order " I don't believe than nor would I do that . Obama . Have you ever notice he is hardly refered to as President Obama everybody calls him Obama for a Presidenthat is a Disrespectful thing and shows he has no support form the people . People Are tired of hearing Lies !!!

Gerry Clinchy
06-12-2012, 12:27 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-surprised-learn-obamacare-hurting-small-businesses_646954.html

KTIV’s Matt Breen:
“One of those businesses that I mentioned said very specifically when they said they needed to close up shop and move their jobs back to Wisconsin was that it was a direct result of the health care reform that you initiated, that Congress passed. How do you react to that?”

President Barack Obama: “Yeah, that would be kind of hard to explain, because the only folks that have been impacted in terms of the health care bill are insurance companies who are required to make sure that they’re providing preventive care, or they’re not dropping your coverage when you get sick. And so, this particular company probably wouldn’t have been impacted by that. I know that there’s a perception sometimes that there’s all kinds of regulations coming out of Washington, the truth is actually we’ve seen fewer regulations coming out of my administration than the previous administration. But obviously, you know it’s tough running a small business no matter what. And we’re going to make sure that we continue to provide whatever financing help that we can provide.”

I am not sure which is scarier: 1) that he believes this; or 2) that he expects the rest of us will believe this because he says it is so.

He does not understand that the costs of this coverage will be passed onto the employers who provide this insurance coverage (or to their employees who would pay for it)?

I may be dense, but I don't think insurance companies drop coverage on people who get sick. They drop coverage when premiums are not paid. It is reasonable that if someone gets seriously ill, they may then not be able to pay the premiums to continue their health insurance. (That is what having disability insurance is about.) If premiums aren't paid, does Obama expect the insurance companies will continue to pay for health care services at no charge to the insured? Will everyone be required to have disability insurance as well as health insurance?

Then he changes the subject! Obviously not counting the regulations associated with Obamacare in the last statement.

Everyone focused on "The private sector is doing fine," and they missed this blooper?

menmon
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm sure when employers had to have worker comp...some republican was complaining how it would put them out of business too.

I'm sure when they had to match SS and Medicare...some republican was complaining and say it was the end of business.

To answer a post above, Obama has cut spending largly as Buzz showed you a few days ago, the reason debt is growing is revenue is down.

Now I'm going to address another falsehood you guys are spitting out...when they passed the stimulas, Obama tried to meet the republicans in the middle who wanted tax cuts not infrastructure projects...the catch line...give it to the people and let them decide how to spend it and it will make jobs, so 40% of the stimulas was tax cuts and it went up in smoke...so now the rheteric is that he should have spend more on the infratructure which is what he should have done, but he was still of the opinion that the right wanted to do what was best for the country, so he gave it got him nothing except them putting in back in his face now.

luvmylabs23139
06-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I had to laugh when he said the answer to Martinsville, VA's 15%+ unemployment rate was solar and wind green energy. Does the man have any clue? Does he even know the story of the ongoing job losses there that pre date the "crash of 2008" and what has caused it there?
I'll give him a hint. "textile manufacturing" This started in the Clinton era!

luvmylabs23139
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
God , what is in that koolaid you drink Sambo?

menmon
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
It doesn't say Rush or Glenn on the bottle

luvmylabs23139
06-12-2012, 11:06 AM
It doesn't say Rush or Glenn on the bottle

NO it says COMMUNIST OBUMMA!!!!!!

ARay11
06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
If Obama can use b.s. tactics to shove ObamaCare down our throats (as Pelosi argues "Let's get this thing passed so we can find out what's in it") Why would he not do the same in order to pass a budget?

menmon
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Every expert I speak with says that it is not a bad plan. Every trade magazine article I read describes it as very friendly to the employer. Yes it has cost to the employer but it is an affordable way for a small business to provide heathcare. Now if anything is too much, it is bad.

I like the thought of being able to provide affordable heathcare to my employees, so I can compete for the best talent for employees of companies that provide healthcare now.

Win Win is the way I see it.

huntinman
06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Every expert I speak with says that it is not a bad plan. Every trade magazine article I read describes it as very friendly to the employer. Yes it has cost to the employer but it is an affordable way for a small business to provide heathcare. Now if anything is too much, it is bad.

I like the thought of being able to provide affordable heathcare to my employees, so I can compete for the best talent for employees of companies that provide healthcare now.

How can you see anything with your head so far up the mans #**??

ARay11
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM

Who's winning? Are you having a charlie sheen moment? :razz:
There is no budget and it's not a priority for our fearless leader!

menmon
06-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Never has been for the others either. He is smart in knowing the right would not approve it, so instead of giving them political amunition, why go there?

huntinman
06-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Never has been for the others either. He is smart in knowing the right would not approve it, so instead of giving them political amunition, why go there?

Umm, because it's the law?

menmon
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
If the right was interested in a budget...it would be a good thing to do, but they are not....I've seen countless rebublican budgets and I've yet to see a republican live in one or democrat for that matter, so big waste of time.

ARay11
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM

WHY GO THERE?? ARE YOU SERIOUS??

IF he were to at least PRESENT a reasonable budget, could he not use it as political warfare AGAINST THE RIGHT if they don't approve it?????????

As my grandmother would say... "If all the other politicians jumped off a bridge, would BHO do it too?"

huntinman
06-12-2012, 03:08 PM
If the right was interested in a budget...it would be a good thing to do, but they are not....I've seen countless rebublican budgets and I've yet to see a republican live in one or democrat for that matter, so big waste of time.

7497 It must be good...

menmon
06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
So you are saying that the republican's stay within their budgets? If you are, you drinking something other than koolaid

ARay11
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
If the right was interested in a budget...it would be a good thing to do, but they are not....I've seen countless republican budgets and I've yet to see a republican live in one or democrat for that matter, so big waste of time.

So because every leader we have elected has failed to pass or live within a budget we should just quit expecting one!!??

THIS is a massive problem! If I don't do my job, I get FIRED. Period.
EVERY member of leadership in this country, state, and my community should be held accountable for a fiscal budget.

huntinman
06-12-2012, 03:20 PM
So because every leader we have elected has failed to pass or live within a budget we should just quit expecting one!!??

THIS is a massive problem! If I don't do my job, I get FIRED. Period.
EVERY member of leadership in this country, state, and my community should be held accountable for a fiscal budget.

ARay... the good thing is that since Obama has not done his job... he will be fired in Nov. The bad thing is we have to feed and house him and his extended family till Jan 2013.

Clay Rogers
06-12-2012, 03:26 PM

Maybe because one of his many campaign promises was to stop "business as usual" in Washington.

Gerry Clinchy
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Seems that everyone, even Dems, voted against his last budget. And the Senate doesn't seem to want to pass anybody's budget. Last I heard Harry Reid wasn't considered one on "the right."