PDA

View Full Version : Democrat vs Republican

menmon
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
It is sad when men can't disagree:( The internet, cable TV and talk radio have polorized the political process until it is not healthy:(

Albeit I have aligned myself with the democratic party, I am smart enough to know that it does not really matter what side is in office, the same policies will happen whether I like them are not, from both sides. I'm sure for Romney to get elected he has to side some with the left and vis versa Obama has to side with the right.

The problem today is that so many people on both sides are so keyed in on their party, that any thing short of their side winning is failure. See the republicans talk the talk that I'm not going to spend your money foolishly and tax you and that is how they get elected while the democrats talk the talk that they are going to spend money and make you life better since their votes come from the left. Since the country is divided on these things, you have to get your votes from one or the other and to do so you have to court them. When in actuallity, this is just the process of getting elected, because when they get in office they have to govern in the middle. If Romney gets elected the right will not be happy because he will not cut entitlements and if Obama gets reelected he will not increase them.

Obamacare is an example of this...because it has many of the ideals that republicans had proposed back in 1995. The reason it is disliked so is because the benefactors of healthcare do not get as much benefit, not because it is not necessarily good. See it does not give enough to the have nots so the left does not like it while the beneficaries are upset because it does not benefit them as much so the right does not like it.

See this is governing in the middle and that is where they all wind up.

So my point is they want us divided so they can get elected, but the job means making everyone happy. So we need to not let them pit us against our friends and neighbors just because they don't have the same viewpoint as us.

Franco
06-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Whether it is Obama or Romney, nothing will change. Just more of the same old, same old! I was hoping for a real reformer but, that isn't happening.

Since it seems we can't reform our corrupt government, I'd like to see our two party system become history! Which is where it is heading but, if we were proactive we could salvage what needs salvaging. Otherwise, no matter Repub or Dem, welcome to Greece!

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
06-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Nice post, Mike. You are so right!

lesa c

road kill
06-13-2012, 09:48 AM
To the title;

The Republicans are the party of BAD ideas........

The Democrats are the party of NO ideas......

Matt McKenzie
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
In my opinion, the best thing that could have happened to our political process is this worldwide recession. Affluence allowed the Republicans to ignore the principals of fiscal conservatism that they should support and allowed the Democrats to go completely hog-wild with expensive social programs. Now that the chickens are coming home to roost, the Republicans (with some prodding from the Tea Party) are grudgingly returning to some level of fiscal responsibility and the Dems just have nowhere left to go.

Franco
06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
In my opinion, the best thing that could have happened to our political process is this worldwide recession. Affluence allowed the Republicans to ignore the principals of fiscal conservatism that they should support and allowed the Democrats to go completely hog-wild with expensive social programs. Now that the chickens are coming home to roost, the Republicans (with some prodding from the Tea Party) are grudgingly returning to some level of fiscal responsibility and the Dems just have nowhere left to go.

The Tea Party started out as being the party wanting the government to be fiscally responsible, then they abandoned that core when they backed a big spending/big government candidate in Santorum! Somewhere along the way, the Tea Party was hijacked by the Teavangelicals! When in 2010 they got some of their candidates in, what did they do? Instead of going after big wasteful spending, they went after Public Broadcasting and Planned Parenthood. Add the budget of those two and it doesn't equal 1% of our total annual budget! Today's Tea Party is NOT about fiscal sanity but about ending abortion.

BonMallari
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
The Tea Party started out as being the party wanting the government to be fiscally responsible, then they abandoned that core when they backed a big spending/big government candidate in Santorum! Somewhere along the way, the Tea Party was hijacked by the Teavangelicals! When in 2010 they got some of their candidates in, what did they do? Instead of going after big wasteful spending, they went after Public Broadcasting and Planned Parenthood. Add the budget of those two and it doesn't equal 1% of our total annual budget! Today's Tea Party is NOT about fiscal sanity but about ending abortion.

That's not quite true.....there are so many different Tea Party factions out there, as with any "new" force there is an internal power struggle, you cant say that ALL the Tea Party backed Santorum, just the evangelical wing of it, and they tried their darndest to shift the conversation toward abortion and same sex marriage, which IMO is a loser in this particular election...that battle is for the courts,and you have to win the general election before you get to go after the social issues, but their impatience once again reared its ugly head.....

As long as the Tea Party remains somewhat fractured so will their message

Uncle Bill
06-13-2012, 06:45 PM

Typical atheist broad-brush statement, but what should I expect from someone without a soul?

Ay no time was I EVER for Santorum. I was a Newt guy from the get-go. Sadly for you, he also is a Christian.

The Tea Party is many things, but for the most part they are believers in fundamental America as founded by the original signers of our Constitution and Declaration...all of whom were God fearing people.

Romney isn't what I would have chosen, but compared to what's in office, he's what I'll vote for, since it will be a vote against Obama and what he's attempting to foist on this nation. Beyond that, I will endeavor to hold Romney's feet to the fire should he stray too far from basic conservative and capitalist views.

UB

Franco
06-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Typical atheist broad-brush statement, but what should I expect from someone without a soul?

Ay no time was I EVER for Santorum. I was a Newt guy from the get-go. Sadly for you, he also is a Christian.

The Tea Party is many things, but for the most part they are believers in fundamental America as founded by the original signers of our Constitution and Declaration...all of whom were God fearing people.

Romney isn't what I would have chosen, but compared to what's in office, he's what I'll vote for, since it will be a vote against Obama and what he's attempting to foist on this nation. Beyond that, I will endeavor to hold Romney's feet to the fire should he stray too far from basic conservative and capitalist views.

UB

Revisonist History UB?

I suggest you read Thomas Jefferson's Bible. There are no references to Jesus as devine! Jefferson, Paine, Adams were Deist. Children of The Enlightenment. You can stay in the Dark Ages, that is your right as an American!

menmon
06-14-2012, 11:20 AM
19 of the founding father were "Freemason" and that is why this country has stood the test of time, because masonary teaches tolorance! It teaches you not to measure men on what they have..you measure them on what they do. It also teaches charity. As a mason you are given the charge to help those in need. Masonary can not be credited with ever starting a war...but religion can! Tolorance of mankind is what is missing these days. God judges....not man!!

road kill
06-14-2012, 11:29 AM
19 of the founding father were "Freemason" and that is why this country has stood the test of time, because masonary teaches tolorance! It teaches you not to measure men on what they have..you measure them on what they do. It also teaches charity. As a mason you are given the charge to help those in need. Masonary can not be credited with ever starting a war...but religion can! Tolorance of mankind is what is missing these days. God judges....not man!!
Men start wars, not religions.
Men use beliefs to rationalize poor decisions.

You know that!

menmon
06-14-2012, 11:46 AM
I do.....just like they use it in politics