PDA

View Full Version : Cajun Economics

Franco
06-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Subject: Cajun Economics

It's a slow day in Mamou, Louisiana. The sun is beating down, and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

On this particular day a traveling Shreveport salesman is driving through town. He stops at the Hotel Cazan and lays a $100 bill o...n the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one in which to spend the night. As soon as the man walks upstairs Bosco, the owner, grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to Boudreaux the butcher.

Boudreaux takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to Trosclair, the pig farmer.

Trosclair takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill at T-Boy's Farmers Co-op, the local supplier of feed and fuel.

T-Boy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, Clarise, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

Clarise rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with Bosco, the hotel owner. Bosco then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveling salesman will not suspect anything. At that moment the salesman comes down the stairs, picks up the $100 bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, my friend, is how the United States Government is conducting business today.;-)

menmon
06-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Amazing what a little stimulas can do....got Mamou out of debt in a day.

Franco do you know Jay Fontno...He use to own the International Tractor dealership there. I'm guessing he is no longer involved in that but he is a great guy. We have shot a lot of doves together and man can he cook.

Franco
06-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Fontenot, nope. That Inter'l Tractor dealership on I-49 is being converted into a CNG filling station. Many of our government vehicles have converted to CNG and some businesses are converting thier fleets to CNG. That is prime real estate so I'm sure he pocketed some good coin.

huntinman
06-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Amazing what a little stimulas can do....got Mamou out of debt in a day.

Franco do you know Jay Fontno...He use to own the International Tractor dealership there. I'm guessing he is no longer involved in that but he is a great guy. We have shot a lot of doves together and man can he cook.

Is he friends with the CEO of Harley Davidson that you know?

ARay11
06-15-2012, 05:18 PM
CNG Trucks are here.... we have 4 in stock.. Very very cool.... They run on CNG but no worries if you can't find a CNG station when you run out, you can switch immediately over to gas until you find a CNG station (which are cropping up everywhere) :)

Franco
06-15-2012, 05:51 PM
CNG Trucks are here.... we have 4 in stock.. Very very cool.... They run on CNG but no worries if you can't find a CNG station when you run out, you can switch immediately over to gas until you find a CNG station (which are cropping up everywhere) :)

factory or aftermarket? I've been wanting a new pick up but swore to myself that the next one would be CNG. I know Honda makes a factory Civic CNG in Ohio but, been waiting on Ford to come out with theirs in a F150.

ARay11
06-15-2012, 05:58 PM
factory or aftermarket? I've been wanting a new pick up but swore to myself that the next one would be CNG. I know Honda makes a factory Civic CNG in Ohio but, been waiting on Ford to come out with theirs in a F150.

Yes, they are factory fit.

ARay11
06-15-2012, 06:00 PM
and they are 3/4 ton... half tons are late availability (probably near first of year)

BonMallari
06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Clarise would never extend credit, unless she wanted to get beat up by her pimp/boyfriend :p:rolleyes:

Blackstone
06-16-2012, 11:41 AM
and they are 3/4 ton... half tons are late availability (probably near first of year)

I am assuming these are Dodge pickups you have, since GM is the only other OEM offering a CNG pickup, and they won’t start production until fall. I am surprised that Dodge would try to put CNG in a -ton pickup unless they are planning to introduce a different system. Their current tanks and system weighs about 600 lbs., which would reduce the payload on a 1500 to about 800 lbs., and usable bed space would be down to about 2’ – 3”.

ARay11
06-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I am assuming these are Dodge pickups you have, since GM is the only other OEM offering a CNG pickup, and they won’t start production until fall. I am surprised that Dodge would try to put CNG in a -ton pickup unless they are planning to introduce a different system. Their current tanks and system weighs about 600 lbs., which would reduce the payload on a 1500 to about 800 lbs., and usable bed space would be down to about 2’ – 3”.

These are Fords.

Blackstone
06-16-2012, 12:24 PM
These are Fords.

You can order the CNG Fords through their dealerships. The hardened engines are made by Ford, but the systems are still 3rd party upfits, probably either Rousch or Impco upfits. Ford doesn’t have their own CNG system yet. Ford will warranty the engine, but the upfitter has to warranty the rest of the system. However, I have heard that may change, and Ford may warranty the upfit from certain upfitters.

Right now, GM and Dodge are the only manufacturers with systems designed by them specifically for their vehicles. They both warranty the entire system.

ARay11
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
You can order the CNG Fords through their dealerships. The hardened engines are made by Ford, but the systems are still 3rd party upfits, probably either Rousch or Impco upfits. Ford doesn’t have their own CNG system yet. Ford will warranty the engine, but the upfitter has to warranty the rest of the system. However, I have heard that may change, and Ford may warranty the upfit from certain upfitters.

Right now, GM and Dodge are the only manufacturers with systems designed by them specifically for their vehicles. They both warranty the entire system.

I am at a Ford Dealership. We have 4 in stock. (2 were ordered and are not available).
They carry the same warranty as any other Ford F250
They are CNG ready and have the upfits on them and the upfits are warranteed same as truck.
Systems were designed specifically for Ford trucks.
Currently, TransitConnect and F250 are available. F150 will have late availability. (late in the year)

I have these units in stock and ready for delivery.

menmon
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Fontenot, nope. That Inter'l Tractor dealership on I-49 is being converted into a CNG filling station. Many of our government vehicles have converted to CNG and some businesses are converting thier fleets to CNG. That is prime real estate so I'm sure he pocketed some good coin.

Jay was a smart businessman. He once traded me two shotguns for an old natual gas international power unit to power an irrigation well that I need to water some watermelons. I made a good crop and the price was good that year. He taught me how to cook gumbo too. Good man!

Blackstone
06-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I am at a Ford Dealership. We have 4 in stock. (2 were ordered and are not available).
They carry the same warranty as any other Ford F250
They are CNG ready and have the upfits on them and the upfits are warranteed same as truck.
Systems were designed specifically for Ford trucks.
Currently, TransitConnect and F250 are available. F150 will have late availability. (late in the year)

I have these units in stock and ready for delivery.

My mistake. I do remember something about Westport building and installing CNG systems for Ford trucks beginning in the 2012 MY (is that correct?). I saw one of the Westport upfits at the NAFA I & E in April. Having a manufacturer's warranty on the entire system is the only way to go, in my opinion. If there is a problem, I don't want any question on who to go to.

Are Ford's CNG trucks available for sale Retail to the general public, or only Fleet & Commercial at this point?

Do you know yet what the payload and range is going to be on the F-150?