PDA

View Full Version : Clemens not guilty

ARay11
06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
$3mill in taxpayer dollars down the tubes. Clemens not guilty. I can finally sleep at night :rolleyes:

Remind me why the gov't was in this to begin with?

BonMallari
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
the Federal agent that handled this case is the same one that tried to prosecute Barry Bonds and is also trying to get Lance Armstrong......

the key is he was found not guilty of PERJURY...he is guilty as sin of being a dumb azzzz, an arrogant self serving egotist....used to like him, since he was a former Longhorn, but the idiotic thing was that he didnt need to use PED's or HGH, his career was HOF worthy before that

it was a total waste of the taxpayer's money, and wont change the fact he will never get to the HOF

Ken Bora
06-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Kinda funny, my local morning news is a CBS station and I left it on for a bit before changing to fox news (fair and balanced). The 2nd story of the morning after this baseball guy was about all of the failed prosecutions of late. They included Edwards. Last few mornings they have been actually critical of the administration. That is the funny part.
CBS????? Who would have thunk it?

M&K's Retrievers
06-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Kinda funny, my local morning news is a CBS station and I left it on for a bit before changing to fox news (fair and balanced). The 2nd story of the morning after this baseball guy was about all of the failed prosecutions of late. They included Edwards. Last few mornings they have been actually critical of the administration. That is the funny part.
CBS????? Who would have thunk it?

Perhaps they will all be using the "CYA" method until November. Nah!

dixidawg
06-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Remember,

Not Guilty is not the same as INNOCENT!

ARay11
06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I dont give a rats behind if Clemens was guilty or not!!! WHY were American Taxpayer Dollars used to try to figure it out???????

Dont get me wrong... I love baseball and I hate what 'roids did to that era of players.... a forever stain on the record books in my opinion.

BUT

It is NOT worthy of freakin congressional hearings!! For heaven's sake it's a privately owned, operated, and FUNDED

GAME

BonMallari
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I dont give a rats behind if Clemens was guilty or not!!! WHY were American Taxpayer Dollars used to try to figure it out???????

Dont get me wrong... I love baseball and I hate what 'roids did to that era of players.... a forever stain on the record books in my opinion.

BUT

It is NOT worthy of freakin congressional hearings!! For heaven's sake it's a privately owned, operated, and FUNDED

GAME

Yes its a game but Congress has long wanted to strip MLB of its anti trust status, this was a feeble attempt to flex its muscle and make in roads toward that goal

Ken Bora
06-19-2012, 10:16 AM
...... a total waste of the taxpayer's money.....

yup,
hope they have a bit left for the Ft. Hood Shooter
will "we" spend 3 mill on that one?

helencalif
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
yup,
hope they have a bit left for the Ft. Hood Shooter
will "we" spend 3 mill on that one?

Wasn't Ft. Hood a work place incident?

luvmylabs23139
06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Wasn't Ft. Hood a work place incident?

And now the whole thing is on hold over facial hair.

Daniel J Simoens
06-19-2012, 12:21 PM
wasn't this a perjury trial and not a trial about if he took PED or not??

kind of the same thing that Clinton was impeached on, not that he had an affair but that he lied about it, under oath.

ARay11
06-19-2012, 12:37 PM
wasn't this a perjury trial and not a trial about if he took PED or not??

kind of the same thing that Clinton was impeached on, not that he had an affair but that he lied about it, under oath.

Perjury which supposedly happened while testifying at a congressional hearing. Why was there a freakin congressional hearing??????

I dont care if he took PEDs or not....that's a problem for baseball NOT for the country....

That's BASEBALL'S PROBLEM.

It's NOT a problem for the business of our COUNTRY.

Get me a budget, figure out a fair system of taxation, and stop the money train before it leaves the station!!!!!!!!

ARay11
06-19-2012, 12:51 PM
OH....forgot to mention..... The original was Senator Mitchell's report on baseball..... a cool $20 (yes, TWENTY) Million dollars spent to interview players, coaches, etc to ask "did you use steriods?"

So, what do we think the total cost to the taxpayer has been to interview and prosecute baseball?

$20 million for the initial report.....
$? million for the initial prosecution.....
$3 million because they think Clemens lied....

mngundog
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM
OH....forgot to mention..... The original was Senator Mitchell's report on baseball..... a cool $20 (yes, TWENTY) Million dollars spent to interview players, coaches, etc to ask "did you use steriods?"

So, what do we think the total cost to the taxpayer has been to interview and prosecute baseball?

$20 million for the initial report.....
$? million for the initial prosecution.....
$3 million because they think Clemens lied....
The Mitchell report was payed for by MLB and was not tax payer funded.

ARay11
06-19-2012, 04:18 PM
The Mitchell report was payed for by MLB and was not tax payer funded.

then I definitely apolgize.... for the mitchell report part.