PDA

View Full Version : POTUS Use Executive Privilege...

M&K's Retrievers
06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
... to protect Holder's arse. What a truly disgusting administration. One can only hope that the voters will see through this in November.

ARay11
06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
:barf:makes me sick

gmhr1
06-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Obama's like a kid in a candy store with these executive orders., I'll have another and another ..... What ever happened to "we are a country with laws on the books.". He does whatever he wants whenever he wants.. Nov can't get here fast enough for me. Holder needs to go and when these leaks are investigated I hope Obama goes like Nixon. The fish stinks from the head.
Cyndi

dixidawg
06-20-2012, 09:28 AM
But, this was to be the most transparent Administration....

M&K's Retrievers
06-20-2012, 09:35 AM
But, this was to be the most transparent Administration....

As far as I'm concerned it is very transparent.

gmhr1
06-20-2012, 09:48 AM
The Pres cannot issue Executive privilege because Holder states in writing that Obama didnt know anything about this after feb 4 & he would have had to know and talked to holder in order to issue this privilege To bad holder, just produce the documents and stop hiding your time is UP Stop democrat against republican ,stop black against white, just follow the law

gmhr1
06-20-2012, 10:06 AM
I think he's trying to help Holder because if he had a son it would probably look like him . Really, this guy and all his rot need hit the road. This Country has become such a Joke. They are all scambling now BYE BYE Obama Bye Bye Eric!

mudminnow
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
dictator much?

Buzz
06-20-2012, 10:20 AM
You guys should go play with your dogs and quit getting your blood pressure up over political vendettas and all the crap coming out of Faux News.

I listened to Faux Radio on my hour long drive from training dogs for 6 hours yesterday. It was like listening to an hour long infomercial from the RNC.

Free your mind, enjoy life, ignore the BS...

road kill
Youse don't understand, he is OBAMA!!
He is bigger than us, he is bigger than 1 man, he is bigger than America and he is certainly BIGGER than the Constitution!!

This is exactly the purpose of executive privilege!!

C'mon people, it's OBAMA, the fantasy man!!!

huntinman
... to protect Holder's arse. What a truly disgusting administration. One can only hope that the voters will see through this in November.

And maybe his own... but I think he just stepped in it. This will just draw more attention to the administration...

road kill
06-20-2012, 10:22 AM
You guys should go play with your dogs and quit getting your blood pressure up over political vendettas and all the crap coming out of Faux News.

I listened to Faux Radio on my hour long drive from training dogs for 6 hours yesterday. It was like listening to an hour long infomercial from the RNC.

I can certainly understand why you want to ignore the BS right now!!!:cool:

gmhr1
06-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Are you kidding its 115 where I live. this is great TV and next week is Zimmerman bond hearing what a great way to beat the summer heat

gmhr1
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Are you kidding its 115 where I live. This is great TV and next week is Zimmerman bond hearing what a great way to beat the summer heat. Its like watching the clowns at the circus

BonMallari
06-20-2012, 10:31 AM
IMO Darrell Issa must be one helluva poker player because he just trapped Holder and the administration, he has been holding the nuts all the time and knew that the arrogance of this admin wouldnt allow them to walk away from this hand..they are pot committed and Issa knew it, he just suckered them into a hand they cant possibly win

Now they either have to show the documents or Holder's head on a platter....well played by Issa

Dustin D
06-20-2012, 10:31 AM

To protect Holder? You mean to protect ODrama himself.

I think he's linked in those documents too. All Holder had to do was lie long enough to see how close the committee would get. Once close enough, ODrama swings the Magic Wand and POOF no more documents.

huntinman
06-20-2012, 10:39 AM
To protect Holder? You mean to protect ODrama himself.

I think he's linked in those documents too. All Holder had to do was lie long enough to see how close the committee would get. Once close enough, ODrama swings the Magic Wand and POOF no more documents.

Yes, but now Obama has to play defense on this all the way to the election. Not good. Believe it or not, there is probably a young reporter or two still out there that wants to make a name for themselves that will dig deep or probably already is. Watergate anyone??

road kill
06-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Yes, but now Obama has to play defense on this all the way to the election. Not good. Believe it or not, there is probably a young reporter or two still out there that wants to make a name for themselves that will dig deep or probably already is. Watergate anyone??

This is a bit more serious than Wategate.
US law enforcement personal have been shot and killed.
And who knows what else happened with those weapons that we have not heard about!!

C'mon sambo, tell us how this is all good!!

Buzz, you may wanna sit this one out...........:rolleyes:

Buzz
06-20-2012, 10:44 AM

You just admitted what this whole thing has been about all along.

Buzz
06-20-2012, 10:46 AM
This is a bit more serious than Wategate.
US law enforcement personal have been shot and killed.
And who knows what else happened with those weapons that we have not heard about!!

C'mon sambo, tell us how this is all good!!

Buzz, you may wanna sit this one out...........:rolleyes:

So, you agree then that when anyone is killed anywhere at anytime and under any circumstance, it is completely on the head of the gun maker and not the shooter...

road kill
06-20-2012, 10:47 AM
You just admitted what this whole thing has been about all along.
You mean Obama's contempt for any laws or rules has been exposed!!!!
Tough for you to face the reality that Obama is not what you thought, but he will continue his efforts to show you.

It's just a matter of if you look!!

BonMallari
06-20-2012, 10:48 AM

This is what makes me believe that Issa has had the info all along but he couldnt just come out and show them...its like getting a spouse to admit they are cheating when all along you have video of the transgression, but you want to see just how far they are willing to continue the lie...this was not a fishing expedition, you dont go this far without having the proof in your chest pocket

road kill
06-20-2012, 10:48 AM
So, you agree then that when anyone is killed anywhere at anytime and under any circumstance, it is completely on the head of the gun maker and not the shooter...
WHAT????

Maybe you should get out of the sun for a while............;-)

huntinman
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM

No... it's on the idiots who let the guns walk across the border

Gerry Clinchy
06-20-2012, 12:54 PM
This is from CBS back in Dec. 2011
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57338546-10391695/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

What I don't understand is why Holder hasn't found someone he can throw under the bus? Or why hasn't Obama thrown Holder under the bus?

I don't think one can say that this is an electionerring stunt when it started 18 mos ago, and should have been done and over with except for Holder's stonewalling.

So ... I can only imagine that nobody is willing to fall on their sword to save Holder's behind; and Holder isn't willing to fall on his sword to save Obama's tush.

You have a whistle-blower on the operation. You have gun dealer's supporting the whistle-blower's allegations. You have CBS with document leaks that also confirm hanky-panky.

So, what's in those documents that make them a matter of national security? Can't they strike out names to protect cover of field agents, if need be? They sure weren't sensitive about getting a Pakistani doctor thrown in jail.

Buzz, you're a logical person, do you really think there is nothing in all this that smells really, really bad?

starjack
06-20-2012, 03:56 PM

where did they get the guns

Andrew DeSanto
06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
How about a vote right now. Yes or no to the president for another term? Dog owners votes should count double.

mngundog
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Executive Privilege
Reagan 3 times
Clinton 14 Times
HW Bush 1 time
W Bush 6 times

All scum?

Down East Labs 217
06-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Executive Privilege
Reagan 3 times
Clinton 14 Times
HW Bush 1 time
W Bush 6 times

All scum?

Not sure what you are trying to say with such a well worded response. You think you can expound on your response?

Have a great day

Richard

PMG 131
06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Executive Privlage has been used by every president this country has ever had. It has went under several different names, but all the same principle. As for this use it will not stand. Executive Privilege must list the documents being protected, just like lawyers have to, not just a blanket time frame. Secondly it can not be claimed if the president has no knowledge of said documents, which was their position until this morning.

teddyg
06-20-2012, 08:09 PM

All BS aside, did he or did he not issue Executive Privilege?

coachmo
06-20-2012, 08:53 PM
It's almost to the point of really questioning the intellectual make-up of obama supporters. I'm not saying I'm just saying!!!

charly_t
06-20-2012, 09:09 PM
It's almost to the point of really questioning the intellectual make-up of obama supporters. I'm not saying I'm just saying!!!

Yes, lets do that. Had a relative tell me this morning that she wouldn't know if she should vote for Obama or Romney if that turned out to be our choices ( and I immediately started to worry about her lost marbles ). :(

mngundog
06-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Not sure what you are trying to say with such a well worded response. You think you can expound on your response?

Have a great day

Richard

There was a few short responses on this thread, one was "dictator much", and another was "makes me sick", just wondering if people felt that way about every President that has been exercising this power, or just this President. I myself can't stand Obama, but going after him for using the same tactics that the last three previous Republican Presidents have used doesn't make much sense.

Gerry Clinchy
06-21-2012, 12:13 AM
mngundog, it would depend on how each has used executive privilege.

Judge Napolitano explains the use of executive privilege being limited to use of discussions with the President in the course of advising the Pres WRT his duties; and then only in matters 1)military; 2) diplomatic; 3) sensitive national security. And the Pres must put this personally, either in person or in writing. The Pres must specify why the privilege is invoked and into which category it falls. The Supreme Court laid out the "rules" as a result of Nixon resigning.

This would mean that Obama would have known about the F&F operation. Perhaps it could fall into the diplomatic category since this stuff was going on without the Mexican govt's knowledge? Why else would the Pres be advised of an ongoing criminal investigation? And who would have gone over Holder's head to advise the Pres? If it was Holder, himself, who advised the Pres, would that conflict with the timeline given by Holder under oath?

Would this mean that Obama would be admitting to having knowledge of what was going on?

As Bon speculates, this does sound like a no-win situation.

If Holder wouldn't take the fall, maybe it's because since the malfeasance resulted in death to a law enforcement officer, and many Mexican citizens, he would actually see serious jail time (absent a Presidential pardon, that is.) Would be hard to justify just a resignation and financial restitution as with the GSA hanky-panky.

mudminnow
06-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I said dictator much, and i said it about GW some too. Obama is not our boss we are his bosses, we do not serve him, he and his team serve us. We should at least have the truth, which has been hard for presidents to tell since old slick willie said "it depends on what your definition of is is". The family of the murdered border agent should be entitled to the truth about who knew about fast and furious. Obama and Holder think not. How would this jeapordize national security. I mean we already have leaks from the white house on intelligence that was damaging. If this program has ended we should know all about who was involved. The only people who will get in trouble are the ones who knew about it. Wasn't this supposed to be the most transparent presidencey ever?
Obama 2012 "Hope and Change your mind when you are in trouble"

road kill
06-21-2012, 08:26 AM
There was a few short responses on this thread, one was "dictator much", and another was "makes me sick", just wondering if people felt that way about every President that has been exercising this power, or just this President. I myself can't stand Obama, but going after him for using the same tactics that the last three previous Republican Presidents have used doesn't make much sense.
So, you are OK with Obama's use of this power for this particular case?

Just askin'.......:cool:

gmhr1
06-21-2012, 08:58 AM
He is not allowed to use it in this case... he claims he was not involved with fast and furious so he cannot claim ex. priv. This is a HUGE cover up he's not protecting holder he's trying to protect his own rear end. Listen to what he said in 2007 about Bush, he said Bush should just be honest not try and cover stuff up buy using ex priv. What is so HORRIBLE in these documents that he has to do this. When the votes were taken there was a black guy I dont remember his name but he said earlier to Brian Terrys family he would do everything possible to find out who's responsible when the votes started he voted NO he should be ashamed of himself and hopefuly next election time we wont see him or any of the other dems that voted no. Get to the truth they took an oath to uphold the law they need to stop cowering to obama and have some guts like the guy from Utah said I applaud him Utah should be proud!

Gerry Clinchy
06-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Correction to my earlier post ... the use of executive privilege need not have involved the Pres directly.

It could apply to discussions among others (his advisors) that related to advising the Pres. So, it is possible the Pres did NOT know about the discussions or the nature of the discussions at the time they took place. However, in order to use executive privilege, Pres would have to be made privy to the documents so that he could make the decision that they would be covered by executive privilege, that the documents merited such action, and explain what category the executive privilege is being used for.

So, while the Pres may not have known about the details of the operation back in Feb. 2011 (or prior), he would now have to know the details in order to make the decision to invoke executive privilege.

So far I haven't read that the Pres has actually done it ... only that Holder says the Pres has told Holder it will be done.

The question would still remain as to when Holder came to know the details; whether the timeline would mean he perjured himself on that matter. DOJ has already retracted two statements they made: 1) the letter of 2/4/11 which denied knowledge of the F&F scheme; and 2) a more recent statement that indicated Bush's AG knew about F&F.

Franco
06-21-2012, 10:12 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/182195_164127253720461_581755635_n.jpg

Down East Labs 217
06-21-2012, 12:48 PM

Got it and fully understand. Thank you

Richard

road kill
06-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Using the last three Republican Presidents behavior as an excuse (rationalization) for this ones actions doesn't make much sense either.

Well, actually it does, that's how progressives operate.
When that's all ya got, that's all ya got!!
It's the "he started it" page of the playbook!!!

gmhr1
06-21-2012, 04:44 PM
The National Border Patrol Council, which represents all 17,000 of the agency’s non-supervisory agents, called for the resignation Monday of Attorney General Eric Holder for his role in the botched “Fast and Furious” gunrunning operation that resulted in the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

huntinman
06-21-2012, 05:11 PM

Slick Willie used Executive Priviledge more times by himself than the last 3 Republican presidents combined. Seems the Dems are pretty good at it.

mngundog
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Slick Willie used Executive Priviledge more times by himself than the last 3 Republican presidents combined. Seems the Dems are pretty good at it.

Yes, I pointed that out in my first post on this topic (post 28), I excluded on this one because it wasn't relevant to the question I was asked.