Franco
06-23-2012, 10:05 AM
;-)
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/179098_2241321450453_349314892_n.jpg

road kill
06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
;-)

You have been so good on you prognostications, I'll have to go with ya!!

Saints--SB winners
Brees--NFL MVP
LSU--NCAA Football Champs
LSU--NCAA Baseball Champs

Dr. Paul Republican nomination

So this one must be right!!!!

M&K's Retrievers
06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Franco, it's too early to start this crap.

Franco
06-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Franco, it's too early to start this crap.

When it comes to College Football, it is never too early!;-)

Can you say, "7 in a row"?

BonMallari
06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
When it comes to College Football, it is never too early!;-)

Can you say, "7 in a row"?

I think the streak comes to an end with either Southern Cal or Oklahoma (did that just come out of my mouth),both teams have senior led QB's and relatively weak schedules

Eric Johnson
06-23-2012, 02:38 PM
;-)

I suppose you could have a play-in game, say the best of the Pac 10 against the SEC 4th place team.

Splash_em
06-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I think the streak comes to an end with either Southern Cal or Oklahoma (did that just come out of my mouth),both teams have senior led QB's and relatively weak schedules

How bad did it hurt when you fell and bumped your head?

SEC X Football = Another National Championship

dback
06-24-2012, 08:30 PM
While the Sandusky Epigones Conference (SEC) has admittedly had a cute little run of late, fear not Bon as all things are cyclical. Soon enough our 'unique' swamp brethren will weary of donating their scant disposable income to football and return to their limited yet more traditional past times......"domestic" adult beverages and immediate family intimacy. :-)

Marvin S
06-26-2012, 09:59 PM
While the Sandusky Epigones Conference (SEC) has admittedly had a cute little run of late, fear not Bon as all things are cyclical. Soon enough our 'unique' swamp brethren will weary of donating their scant disposable income to football and return to their limited yet more traditional past times......"domestic" adult beverages and immediate family intimacy. :-)

Worthy of a :) or :) :), but to show how cycles run when you are really on top :p. AZ claimed it's 4th CWS title & the PAC 12 by far the most by any conference.

PAC 12 - 22
SEC - 9
WAC - 7 which includes 4 by ASU & 1 by AZ prior to joining the Pac 10 in 1978
Big Ten - 6
Indy's - 5
Big 8 - 4
SW - 4 Come on Bon, what's this, aren't your Shorthorns in this group
Big 12 - 2
SoCal - 2
Big West- 2
ACC - 1
MVC - 1
WCAC - 1

BonMallari
06-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Worthy of a :) or :) :), but to show how cycles run when you are really on top :p. AZ claimed it's 4th CWS title & the PAC 12 by far the most by any conference.

PAC 12 - 22
SEC - 9
Big Ten - 6
Indy's - 5
Big 8 - 4
Big 12 - 2
SoCal - 2
Big West- 2
ACC - 1
MVC - 1
WCAC - 1

Texas has SIX (4-SWC, 2-Big 12) NCAA baseball National Championships.....the mid 70's were dominated by Rod Dedeaux(11 CWS wins including 5 straight) and the USC Trojans...They had to go and get Augie Garrido from my alma mater Cal St. Fullerton (where he won 2) to turn the program around...

Franco
06-27-2012, 09:04 AM

PAC 12 - 22
SEC - 9
Big Ten - 6
Indy's - 5
Big 8 - 4
Big 12 - 2
SoCal - 2
Big West- 2
ACC - 1
MVC - 1
WCAC - 1

SEC came very close to a sweep this year of the big 3 sports Championships; Football, B'ball and Baseball. SEC didn't get the Baseball title this season but has dominated the CWS over the last 10-20 years;-) Had not all the SEC teams been placed in one bracket except for one team, I don't think anyone would have seen Arizona win ten straight games. Don't get me wrong, Arizona did have the best Baseball team this season. Of course, when it come to the BIG one, College Football, the SEC owns it!

Marvin S
06-27-2012, 10:24 AM
SEC came very close to a sweep this year of the big 3 sports Championships; Football, B'ball and Baseball. SEC didn't get the Baseball title this season but has dominated the CWS over the last 10-20 years;-) Had not all the SEC teams been placed in one bracket except for one team, I don't think anyone would have seen Arizona win ten straight games. Don't get me wrong, Arizona did have the best Baseball team this season. Of course, when it come to the BIG one, College Football, the SEC owns it!

Franco - programs are judged by their all around excellence -

1 - Stanford
2 - Florida
3 - UCLA
4 - Ohio State
5 - Florida State

I remember when the Big 10, Minnesota's Golden Gophers specifically, were the rage around the country - so it is a cyclical thing. So as Dback says - back to adult beverages & immmediate family intimacy for the SEC fans - shades of "God's Little Acre" :p

BonMallari
06-27-2012, 10:28 AM

better check your stats...since 1992 the SEC has won 7 NCAA Baseball CWS....West coast teams have won 8 CWS in that same span....must be that revisionist history you keep talking about :razz:

http://www.ncaa.com/history/baseball/d1

Franco
06-27-2012, 10:55 AM
better check your stats...since 1992 the SEC has won 7 NCAA Baseball CWS....West coast teams have won 8 CWS in that same span....must be that revisionist history you keep talking about :razz:

http://www.ncaa.com/history/baseball/d1

Haha, your sense of humor is entertaining:p

SEC vs west coast schools. What if I used your logic and clumped schools in the south vs Pac 10? Colleges like Miami and Texas/Rice from a state that fought with the Confederacy. :)

dback
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, Arizona did have the best Baseball team this season.

:rolleyes: A strong case could be made that they weren't even the best team in the state of Arizona......they certainly weren't the best in the PAC. That would have placed the pride of the sec......oh.......somewhere's about a mid level PAC team. ;-) :-)

dback
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Also......just two PAC schools U$C & ASU have been to the CWS finals more then the ENTIRE sec.......so, peshaw and phart in your general direction..........:-)

and..... we have a kick arse water ballerina team to boot

BonMallari
06-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Also......just two PAC schools U$C & ASU have been to the CWS finals more then the ENTIRE sec.......so, peshaw and phart in your general direction..........:-)

and those two baseball powers have the most HOF'ers and future HOF'ers as alumnists

Franco
06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Franco - programs are judged by their all around excellence -

1 - Stanford
2 - Florida
3 - UCLA
4 - Ohio State
5 - Florida State

I remember when the Big 10, Minnesota's Golden Gophers specifically, were the rage around the country - so it is a cyclical thing. So as Dback says - back to adult beverages & immmediate family intimacy for the SEC fans - shades of "God's Little Acre" :p

Which sport are we talking about here Marv? Certainly, not Football though Florida is in the SEC!

Baseball? Find me a program that has won more since 1990. Here's a hint, they reside in the SEC.

Football, Six in a row, which Conference has come close to that dominence?

And just so you now, we were talking Baseball.

Franco
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM

Was that in the pre-Digital era? :p

dback
06-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Was that in the pre-Digital era? :p

Guess you'll need to be a little more specific here Franco......would that be the real Digital age or when you Bayou Bois finally out grew your Franklin Ace 1000's??? :-) :-)

Marvin S
06-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Which sport are we talking about here Marv?

And just so you now, we were talking Baseball.

Yes Franco I do now what sport we are talking about on a FB thread that morphed :-P but the little thing I posted 2nd was all sports.

As usual when you are behind you don't do well playing ketch up. The Golden Gophers were a 50's phenom, Bernie used to cruise the backroads looking for the next Paul Bunyan. if they were plowing so legend goes & he asked directions, if the young man pointed them out by lifting the plow he had a scholarship, if he used his hands but no plow he left those for other programs.

HPL
06-27-2012, 10:23 PM

Great word! Actually had to look it up and that doesn't happen very often here :p.

Franco
06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes Franco I do now what sport we are talking about on a FB thread that morphed :-P but the little thing I posted 2nd was all sports.

As usual when you are behind you don't do well playing ketch up. The Golden Gophers were a 50's phenom, Bernie used to cruise the backroads looking for the next Paul Bunyan. if they were plowing so legend goes & he asked directions, if the young man pointed them out by lifting the plow he had a scholarship, if he used his hands but no plow he left those for other programs.

All sports? I'm taking about the major sports, not Table Tennis and Badminton!
;-)

Marvin S
06-28-2012, 10:56 AM
All sports? I'm taking about the major sports, not Table Tennis and Badminton!
;-)

U've obviously never participated in those sports at a competitive level or U would have a greater appreciation for the effort involved ;). They are just not great spectator sports. The 6'5" folks that come back to the alumni gatherings are the rowers & swimmers, not the folks from the ghetto's recruited for entertainment, many of whom never receive a diploma :(.