PDA

View Full Version : Gunfire has started some fires

charly_t
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
"Utah officials say sparks from steel-jacketed bullets striking rocks have ignited the dry, surrounding vegetation. They also blame target that explode when hit."

Thought this would be of interest to some on this forum. I found it interesting.

huntinman
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure about UT, but they did arrest an idiot in AZ who along with his buds was camping and drinking and shooting. (see the problem here?) He fired an explosive round from a shotgun that is basically like a mini-flame thrower. What would possess anyone to do something like that in dry conditions? Anyway, they were caught. The fire they started cost something like 60 million to fight.

As for a bullet causing a fire, I think that's BS... sounds like anti gun propaganda...

I'm more for the idiot using the tool causing the fire...

BonMallari
07-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure about UT, but they did arrest an idiot in AZ who along with his buds was camping and drinking and shooting. (see the problem here?) He fired an explosive round from a shotgun that is basically like a mini-flame thrower. What would possess anyone to do something like that in dry conditions? Anyway, they were caught. The fire they started cost something like 60 million to fight.

As for a bullet causing a fire, I think that's BS... sounds like anti gun propaganda...

I'm more for the idiot using the tool causing the fire...

Exactly.....unless they have the old military tracer ammo, its highly unlikely,but with all these "gun reality" shows where they blow stuff up at the end, its possible that people used tannerite or some other flammable material..shooting bullets at rocks will cause ricochets before it causes sparks, catalytic converters on dry grass will start more fires than gunfire in remote areas, but that doesnt sound as sensational in the media