PDA

View Full Version : Wasserman-Schultz hypocrytical?? Say it ain't so...

huntinman
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Published on The Weekly Standard (http://www.weeklystandard.com)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DNC Chief Urges Romney to Release Tax Returns, but Won't Release Her Own
Daniel Halper
July 9, 2012 3:02 PM

The Democratic National Committee chair, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, is in Boston today to hold an event to urge Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to release his tax returns.

"Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz will join Massachusetts Democratic Party Chair John Walsh to discuss former Governor Mitt Romney’s history of fighting transparency amid new reports that the Republican presidential candidate has secret bank accounts in foreign tax havens," a Democratic National Committee press release states.

The goal for Wasserman Schultz is clear: To get Romney to release tax returns and other financial documents.

But the irony of today's event is rich: Debbie Wasserman Schultz has refused--and continues to refuse--to release her own tax returns.

In April, around Tax Day, Wasserman Schultz's Republican congressional opponent, Karen Harrington of Florida, requested the DNC chair release her tax returns. “This week millions of taxpaying Americans will fulfill their requirement of filing their tax returns by paying any and all taxes due to the federal government,” Harrington’s campaign said in a statement. “Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been asking Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney to release his 2011 tax return even after Governor Romney released his 2010 tax return.”

The statement continued:

“Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz’s request of Governor Romney to release his tax returns screams of hypocrisy, because to the best of our knowledge, Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz has never released a single tax return of her own. As a member of Congress, she is required to release a yearly ‘financial disclosure,’ this yearly disclosure is not a tax return.

“While asking for Governor Romney to release his past tax returns, and In keeping with the spirit of President Obama’s call for ‘full transparency,’ we ask Congressman Wasserman Schultz to release her own tax returns.”

The hypocrisy here is clear: Wasserman Schultz still has not released her own tax returns, but she continues to campaign for Mitt Romney to release his.

BonMallari
07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Congresswoman DWS is among the lowest forms of scum in politics today, she plays fast and loose with the words and throws out lies without taking a deep breath....having her as the face and mouthpiece of the DNC should make one want to vomit, she has an angry demeanor and is the perfect attack dog mentality with a matching mug to boot

gmhr1
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I can't stand her

huntinman
07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Congresswoman DWS is among the lowest forms of scum in politics today, she plays fast and loose with the words and throws out lies without taking a deep breath....having her as the face and mouthpiece of the DNC should make one want to vomit, she has an angry demeanor and is the perfect attack dog mentality with a matching mug to boot

Other than that, she's a lovely lady...huh?

road kill
07-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Maybe Romney should denounce his citzenship and move his money off shore to save taxes.

The secular progressives would idolize him!!!!

paul young
07-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Maybe Romney should denounce his citzenship and move his money off shore to save taxes.

The secular progressives would idolize him!!!!

I would hate to see him give up his citizenship since i'm going to vote for him. However, he HAS moved a lot of his funds to accounts outside of the U.S.-Paul

road kill
07-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I would hate to see him give up his citizenship since i'm going to vote for him. However, he HAS moved a lot of his funds to accounts outside of the U.S.-Paul
Oh, so now proving citizenship matters?

All righty then!!!!;)

coachmo
07-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Isn't this the same left wing idiot that bashed the republicans for not supporting the auto bailout, ripped them for not supporting the American workers but somehow forgets to mention she drives a foreign car? She's a typical elitist left wing piece of crap that keeps getting elected by the intellectuallly superior liberals. The people that keep defending these liberal politicians and electing them are a few bricks short of a load!

paul young
07-09-2012, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=road kill;986791]Oh, so now proving citizenship matters?

All righty then!!!!;)

It all matters, doesn't it?

Buzz
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
From the story...

But disclosure forms reveal that in 2010 (http://pfds.opensecrets.org/N00026106_2004.pdf), Wasserman Schultz invested between $1,001-$15,000 in a 401k retirement fund run by Davis Financial Fund. As the fund discloses (http://davisfunds.com/funds/financial_fund/), it is invested in the Julius Baer Group Ltd. and the State Bank of India GDR Ltd., as well as other financial, insurance, bank institutions.

The Weekly Standard is seriously suggesting there is an equivalence between a few thousand dollars in a managed 401k and hundreds of millions of dollars shielded from U.S. taxes in Swiss bank accounts and offshore shell corporations?

road kill
07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
From the story...

The Weekly Standard is seriously suggesting there is an equivalence between a few thousand dollars in a managed 401k and hundreds of millions of dollars shielded from U.S. taxes in Swiss bank accounts and offshore shell corporations?

Hmmmmm....got a "LINK" on that?:cool:

But since you brought it up.....what is the cut off for acceptable dollars sent abroad?
Or do you base it on shared ideology?

Just askin'..........

Buzz
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM

But since you brought it up.....what is the cut off for acceptable dollars sent abroad?

Just askin'..........

I don't know. I had some money invested in China, India, and some BRICK funds. Is that the same as evading taxes with offshore accounts?

Just ask'in...

road kill
07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't know. I had some money invested in China, India, and some BRICK funds. Is that the same as evading taxes with offshore accounts?

Just ask'in...

I don't know.

But if you were criticizing someone else for doing that, it would indeed be "HYPOCRITICAL," wouldn't it???

huntinman
07-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I say Romney should show all his tax records the day Obama shows all his school records and explains his SS number. Axelrod wants transparency? Start with Obama...

coachmo
07-10-2012, 05:59 PM
You guys don't really expect anything else out of the libs do you? They're all hyprocrites!

M&K's Retrievers
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
I say Romney should show all his tax records the day Obama shows all his school records and explains his SS number. Axelrod wants transparency? Start with Obama...

We have about as good a chance of that happening as my dog Angus bringing the last water soaked mallard back in one piece. :roll:

Marvin S
07-10-2012, 07:07 PM

Just ask'in...

BRICK as in Brazil, Russia, India, China & Kenya?? ;)

Cody Covey
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
From the story...

Who are you speaking of? Not Romney I hope considering he is only worth about 140ish million I highly doubt he has these hundreds of millions of dollars shielded from U.S. taxes. On top of that he would've already paid taxes on all of this supposed money because it would've been made in the US.....

starjack
07-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Just askin'.......... OH he will find one and a graph to boot:rolleyes:

caryalsobrook
07-10-2012, 07:44 PM

Just ask'in...

Buzz,

You know very well that Romney is not evading taxes, else the IRS would be all over him. To imply such a thing does not only a disservice to Romney but to you also.

If you want to talk about anyone evading taxes then you only have to look as far as our Sec. of the Treasury for someone who was caught evading taxes.

fetchtx
07-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Wasserman Schultz makes me wear out my mute button and is bad for my eyes also, tends to make ya wanna keep a barf bag handy.