PDA

View Full Version : Noooo, we don't need an ID to vote. Nope not at all.

LokiMeister
07-17-2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/19039429/state-worker-accused-of-drivers-license-social-security-fraud

road kill
07-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Why are the progressives so deathly afraid of voter ID anyway?

Just askin'........

LokiMeister
07-17-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't know for sure, but this article was in yesterdays Wisc. State Journal:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/14/2894666/why-silence-from-african-american.html

I like to read Leonard Pitts to gain a different perspective, is a very good writer, and understand where he is coming from here, but why is it our problem that the African Americans don't vote in the first place?

Down East Labs 217
07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I thought it was a law that you must have a valid ID on you at all times as an adult. Since state ids have pictures, does not everyone have a photo id? I think I am missing something on the whole point of voter id. Show your ID you use to collect welfare, food stamps and what ever else you think you are entitled to. Or do you not have to have an ID to get that stuff?

Richard

Didley
07-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Why are the progressives so deathly afraid of voter ID anyway?

Just askin'........

The reason being is this: democrats are HUGE proponents of welfare, food stamps, etc. As it stands now, illegals are allowed to get on food stamps (and I think welfare, but not 100%). So they're basically increasing their vote share because what illegal alien is going to vote for a party member that wants to send illegals home and stop providing them free money?

If they can get the majority of America dependent upon the government, then they will when the elections every time.

If they make people have to have ID to vote, well there goes all there illegal votes.

I say, if I don't have to have an ID to vote, then why do I have to have an ID to buy a gun? They're both rights, aren't they?

HPL
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
I thought it was a law that you must have a valid ID on you at all times as an adult. Since state ids have pictures, does not everyone have a photo id? I think I am missing something on the whole point of voter id. Show your ID you use to collect welfare, food stamps and what ever else you think you are entitled to. Or do you not have to have an ID to get that stuff?

Richard

Not sure that there is any law that forces adults (or anyone else for that matter) to carry ID. Do at least hope one would have to have some kind of ID to collect a welfare check or food stamps.

zeus3925
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I am with the conservatives on this issue. If we restrict voting to non fellon citizens then there should be some form of ID. My issue is they should start the ID process now and have it ready for the next election cycle. There isn't enough lead time for the 2012 elections to get the job done. But, there are those with other agenda that they refuse to be transparent about.

duckheads
07-18-2012, 09:50 AM
already a law in Indiana and several other states.

LokiMeister
07-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Idiot Judge David Flanagan of Wisconsin just issued a permanent ban on the Voter ID law saying "imposes a'substantial burden' upon a significant proportion of state residents" that don't have a photo ID. OMG, they are free at Dept. Motor Vehicles.

Daniel J Simoens
07-18-2012, 11:11 AM
who are these people that don't have a driver license/ID???? and why don't they have one???? I want to hear the excuses for not having an ID.

LokiMeister
07-18-2012, 11:15 AM
They're too lazy or criminal, illegal aliens included, that don't want or "need" a ID.

Raymond Little
07-18-2012, 11:20 AM
I am with the conservatives on this issue. If we restrict voting to non fellon citizens then there should be some form of ID. My issue is they should start the ID process now and have it ready for the next election cycle. There isn't enough lead time for the 2012 elections to get the job done. But, there are those with other agenda that they refuse to be transparent about.

Bull! Bet those without an ID could get down to the welfare office if The Won signed an executive order today giving them an extra $100.00 on their EBT card. If you could no longer buy Kool Filter Kings and Malt Liquor without an ID there would be lines for days at DMV for ID's. Demorats are crying and trying to keep their Plantation intact as it slowly crumbles.

Daniel J Simoens
07-18-2012, 12:32 PM
They're too lazy or criminal, illegal aliens included, that don't want or "need" a ID.

I understand this and have seen everyone give their list of different types of people who don't have and ID but I've never seen or heard of anyone from one of these categories step forward and say why they don't have an ID. I think it's just a BS excuse. There has to be some record out there that shows how many residents are in WI and how many state issues license/ID there are. let's see how many people we are actually talking about here before just listing off a bunch of different categories/excuses.

luvmylabs23139
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
THe dems keep saying it would have a negative effect on the poor. How do these people prove who they are in order to receive all of their taxpayer funded handouts????

Golddogs
07-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Voting is right that should not be manipulated by either side. It's a fundimental right every citizen should exercise. Adding politically motivated roadblocks is just plain wrong. And adding huge costs to the government to facilitate these misguided ID attempts is also wrong. We are already under too much debt and over reaching of the government.

WE are blessed in this country to have open elections and in most states very little to no voter fraud. Of the millions of votes cast, I doubt anyone can point to case where voter fraud changed an outcome. Does it occur? Of course it does. But at what cost do we trample on our rights just to further a misguided notion of widespread voter fraud. Those of you who claim to be conservatives should be horrified at the thought of anyone adding another cost to the taxpayers. And if this is imposed, we will be picking up the cost to the tune of millions.

Don't mess with the Constitution Regards

Golddogs
07-18-2012, 01:04 PM
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/19039429/state-worker-accused-of-drivers-license-social-security-fraud

Interestingly, this person was hired and promoted by one of the authers of the MN constutional amendment being proposed. Of greater concern to me is not the voter fraud, but the welfare scam.

LokiMeister
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Voting is right that should not be manipulated by either side. It's a fundimental right every citizen should exercise. Adding politically motivated roadblocks is just plain wrong. And adding huge costs to the government to facilitate these misguided ID attempts is also wrong. We are already under too much debt and over reaching of the government.

WE are blessed in this country to have open elections and in most states very little to no voter fraud. Of the millions of votes cast, I doubt anyone can point to case where voter fraud changed an outcome. Does it occur? Of course it does. But at what cost do we trample on our rights just to further a misguided notion of widespread voter fraud. Those of you who claim to be conservatives should be horrified at the thought of anyone adding another cost to the taxpayers. And if this is imposed, we will be picking up the cost to the tune of millions.

There is nothing wrong with showing an ID to get a drink, rent a car OR to vote. The judges that are against this have a liberal agenda and need to be removed from office.

HPL
07-18-2012, 04:53 PM

Pretty sure that many here would disagree with the bolded statement. I know plenty of folks who really shouldn't be voting. Not because they are in some way legally ineligible but because they are either too far out on the left side of the bell curve (mentally challenged) or too poorly informed to make that kind of decision.

I will say that your economic argument certainly deserves more attention. We really don't need another bunch of tax devouring bureaucrats out there collecting salaries and writing more pages of regulations. It does just gall me however to know that I have to show ID for all sorts of things that are much less important than voting and yet in many places one can vote in NATIONAL elections just on one's word.

LokiMeister
07-18-2012, 05:04 PM
There is nothing wrong with showing an ID to get a drink, rent a car OR to vote. The judges that are against this have a liberal agenda and need to be removed from office.

You know what? I forgot the MOST important one: You need an ID TO GET A JOB!!!!

luvmylabs23139
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
You know what? I forgot the MOST important one: You need an ID TO GET A JOB!!!!

Forgot all about that and I should remember all the ins and outs of that as a former HR manager.

Heck i you have only a drivers liscense or ss card you are out of luck!

charly_t
07-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Last time we voted ( this year ) the lady who over-sees the book that we sign to vote said, "I'm so sorry but I need to see your photo ID". I told her I was glad that they did that and that she did not need to say "sorry". We have always had to show our ID here and they have never apologized before so I guess they are getting chewed out for it by some people now. She is a retired school teacher. I'm all for voter ID required for all elections.

Gerry Clinchy
07-29-2012, 08:37 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/29/mississippi-naacp-leader-sent-to-prison-for-10-counts-of-voter-fraud
If this weren't so outrageous, it would be funny.

While NAACP President Benjamin Jealous lashed out at new state laws requiring photo ID for voting, an NAACP executive sits in prison, sentenced for carrying out a massive voter fraud scheme.

In a story ignored by the national media, in April a Tunica County, Miss., jury convicted NAACP official Lessadolla Sowers on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots. Sowers is identified on an NAACP website as a member of the Tunica County NAACP Executive Committee.

Sowers received a five-year prison term for each of the 10 counts, but Circuit Court Judge Charles Webster permitted Sowers to serve those terms concurrently, according to the Tunica Times, the only media outlet to cover the sentencing.
“This crime cuts against the fabric of our free society,” Judge Webster said. (So, I wonder why he allowed the sentences to be served concurrently?)

Sowers was found guilty of voting in the names of Carrie Collins, Walter Howard, Sheena Shelton, Alberta Pickett, Draper Cotton and Eddie Davis. She was also convicted of voting in the names of four dead persons: James L. Young, Dora Price, Dorothy Harris, and David Ross.

In the trial, forensic scientist Bo Scales testified that Sowers’s DNA was found on the inner seals of five envelopes containing absentee ballots.

This wasn’t Sowers’s first run-in with the law. Sowers previously had her probation revoked for disturbing the peace at a junior high school library, the Commercial Appeal of Memphis reported in 1990. During a hearing at that time, Sowers played the race card. She claimed to be the victim of “an attempt by powerful whites to silence” her, the newspaper reported. It didn’t work. She was ordered back to prison to complete the remaining two years of a three-year sentence she received for check forgery.

M&K's Retrievers
07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/29/mississippi-naacp-leader-sent-to-prison-for-10-counts-of-voter-fraud

While NAACP President Benjamin Jealous lashed out at new state laws requiring photo ID for voting, an NAACP executive sits in prison, sentenced for carrying out a massive voter fraud scheme.

In a story ignored by the national media, in April a Tunica County, Miss., jury convicted NAACP official Lessadolla Sowers on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots. Sowers is identified on an NAACP website as a member of the Tunica County NAACP Executive Committee.

Sowers received a five-year prison term for each of the 10 counts, but Circuit Court Judge Charles Webster permitted Sowers to serve those terms concurrently, according to the Tunica Times, the only media outlet to cover the sentencing.
“This crime cuts against the fabric of our free society,” Judge Webster said. (So, I wonder why he allowed the sentences to be served concurrently?)

Sowers was found guilty of voting in the names of Carrie Collins, Walter Howard, Sheena Shelton, Alberta Pickett, Draper Cotton and Eddie Davis. She was also convicted of voting in the names of four dead persons: James L. Young, Dora Price, Dorothy Harris, and David Ross.

In the trial, forensic scientist Bo Scales testified that Sowers’s DNA was found on the inner seals of five envelopes containing absentee ballots.

This wasn’t Sowers’s first run-in with the law. Sowers previously had her probation revoked for disturbing the peace at a junior high school library, the Commercial Appeal of Memphis reported in 1990. During a hearing at that time, Sowers played the race card. She claimed to be the victim of “an attempt by powerful whites to silence” her, the newspaper reported. It didn’t work. She was ordered back to prison to complete the remaining two years of a three-year sentence she received for check forgery.

Wonder who they/she voted for? :rolleyes:

Gerry Clinchy
07-29-2012, 09:24 PM

Buzz
07-29-2012, 09:56 PM

There must be tons of voter fraud. How else do you explain a black guy getting elected president?

These laws are nothing more than conservatives limiting population of voters who would not vote their way.

And yes, the only people who would vote Democrats are those wanting free stuff.

Gerry Clinchy
07-29-2012, 10:32 PM
There must be tons of voter fraud. How else do you explain a black guy getting elected president?

These laws are nothing more than conservatives limiting population of voters who would not vote their way.

Ah, Buzz, c'mon ... you are just stirring the pot.

We sure don't know how much voter fraud there is, but Ms. Sowers sure did some. If there is voter fraud, it devalues everyone's vote, including yours. And the solutions are not that complicated.

They've put in a voter ID law here in PA. I've heard several radio ads for the free ID available at all the drivers' license locations. Here in PA many of those locations are in shopping areas that can be accessed with public transportation.

Raymond Little
07-29-2012, 11:23 PM

I do believe that's RACIST!

john fallon
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Perhaps they should dust the ballot for finger prints, If yours is in certain specified legal data bases your vote gets the round file:p

john

road kill
07-30-2012, 10:55 AM

So, you are admitting the only people not smart enough to get a state ID are Democrats?
Do your fellow travelers Know what you think of them??

Just askin'...........

M&K's Retrievers
07-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Why would dead people want or need free stuff? :rolleyes: