PDA

View Full Version : Why would I?

ARay11
07-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Over the last couple of days, a question continues to nag at me. For those who are currently on the welfare system, what would it take to get off it?
(** denotes "value" of the service based on my own personal expenses)

In the State of Illinois:

An average family of 4 can earn up to $2442/mo gross income derived from either SSI, Unemployment, Child Support, or actual wages.

For my example, I will use a family of 4 earning $1200/mo via SSI (half the allowable to qualify for services) ($14400)

SNAP (food stamps) allowance for this family is $668/mo ($8016/year)
WIC program: approx $200/mo ($2400/year)
Housing allowance: up to $885/mo. ($10620/year)
ALLKids and MAP are paid (medical assistance/health insurance including prenatal and well child/preventive care) are paid for.
(my current family of 4 insurance premium is about $500/mo, ($6000 annually) **
LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assist Prog. pays utilities incl elec/gas/water) ($6000 annually) **

I have not added in the child care assistance because I could not find an actual dollar amount, percentage paid, or calculator to determine a dollar value. The state does pay for daycare for kids who qualify, but I could not find a way to add a correct amount. Also left off the free cell phone program LOL.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total VALUE of all income: $47436.00 (NET)

IF this family used the available resources to educate and/or training to obtain employment, they would need to get jobs and earn in excess of $60,000/year to maintain their CURRENT situation.

How is this help? What can be done differently? This shows me that there is ZERO incentive to achieve. Generation after generation will simply require more and more assistance.

We cannot abandon the poor or refuse to help. That's not right and I do not advocate leaving anyone out in the cold

gmhr1
07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't get off its to good, why go to work?

Down East Labs 217
07-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow, I could get a pay raise if I stop working. I will have to look into this. NOT

Richard

gmhr1
07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Same here, especially since Obama changed the work requirement. Now I know why they say so many people have dropped out of the work force.

Uncle Bill
07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
All you need do is recall the illustration of the 5th grader running for office of class president by offering every kid that voted for her, free ice cream. Obama isn't smarter than a 5th grader, but he has learned this bit of campaigning very well. Probably read it in the ACORN regulations for a community organizer.

Be prepared for his next hand-outs...mortgage settlements and college-loan forgiveness.

And you wonder why the Democrats feel so confident he'll be returned to the White House? Get your impeachment plans ready, because, short of another Hinkle running loose, the nation may have no other recourse.

UB

PS Don't encourage any Hinkle wannabes. Remind yourself of what was put in place as the Obama protector initially...and there are those that think he should change his V.P. :confused:

Daniel J Simoens
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM
where can I go to see if I qualify for these programs?
hey, if you can't beat em, join em!!

ARay11
07-20-2012, 05:28 PM
where can I go to see if I qualify for these programs?
hey, if you can't beat em, join em!!

for wisconsin...if you are a family of 4 and earn less than $3544/mo you qualify for WIC. And if you earn less than $3851.46/mo you qualify for BadgerCare Plus.

I dont want to beat em... just wish we could actually help.

HPL
07-20-2012, 05:54 PM
for wisconsin...if you are a family of 4 and earn less than $3544/mo you qualify for WIC. And if you earn less than $3851.46/mo you qualify for BadgerCare Plus.

I dont want to beat em... just wish we could actually help.

What if there are no kids in the house?

ARay11
07-20-2012, 06:27 PM

family of 1 WIC guidelines say $1723/mo is income maximum.

Now, why would ya need WIC if you're a family of one? LOL @ the gooberment.

luvmylabs23139
07-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Over the last couple of days, a question continues to nag at me. For those who are currently on the welfare system, what would it take to get off it?
(** denotes "value" of the service based on my own personal expenses)

In the State of Illinois:

An average family of 4 can earn up to $2442/mo gross income derived from either SSI, Unemployment, Child Support, or actual wages.

For my example, I will use a family of 4 earning $1200/mo via SSI (half the allowable to qualify for services) ($14400)

SNAP (food stamps) allowance for this family is $668/mo ($8016/year)
WIC program: approx $200/mo ($2400/year)
Housing allowance: up to $885/mo. ($10620/year)
ALLKids and MAP are paid (medical assistance/health insurance including prenatal and well child/preventive care) are paid for.
(my current family of 4 insurance premium is about $500/mo, ($6000 annually) **
LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assist Prog. pays utilities incl elec/gas/water) ($6000 annually) **

I have not added in the child care assistance because I could not find an actual dollar amount, percentage paid, or calculator to determine a dollar value. The state does pay for daycare for kids who qualify, but I could not find a way to add a correct amount. Also left off the free cell phone program LOL.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total VALUE of all income: $47436.00 (NET)

IF this family used the available resources to educate and/or training to obtain employment, they would need to get jobs and earn in excess of $60,000/year to maintain their CURRENT situation.

How is this help? What can be done differently? This shows me that there is ZERO incentive to achieve. Generation after generation will simply require more and more assistance.

We cannot abandon the poor or refuse to help. That's not right and I do not advocate leaving anyone out in the cold

Let's not forget the free school breakast and lunches! We, the taxpayers pay twice for once with the cost of foos stamps and then for the freebees!!!

luvmylabs23139
07-21-2012, 11:18 AM
family of 1 WIC guidelines say $1723/mo is income maximum.

Now, why would ya need WIC if you're a family of one? LOL @ the gooberment.

Because the leach could not keep her legs crossed and now has one in the oven at taxpayer expense!!!
The goobernment makes the taxpayers fund her bundle prior to birth!

luvmylabs23139
07-21-2012, 11:33 AM

At least in my state, NC, the rules, limits etc are totally different for 2 being a married couple vs 2 being a parent and child. Just pop out a kid and right your ticket on the taxpayers' dime!!
The system promotes spitting out kids without 2 married parents.

shawninthesticks
07-22-2012, 01:16 PM
The state of Illinois is in great trouble,our local news comes from that side of the creek and they are making education cuts ,day cares shutting down due to unpaid debt from the state and higher then average unemployment.If you look at the states political records 2 out of 3 of the last head politicians are in prison and one is in the whitehouse.This is a case of 2 outa 3 IS bad.