PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-A Anyone?

Gerry Clinchy
07-26-2012, 03:12 PM
So, the fella who owns Chick-fil-A says he believes in the "traditional" definition of marriage. He can't agree with the concept of gay marriage. He bases this on his religious beliefs.

So, the mayor of Boston says (and in San Francisco, too, as well as some other cities) that there can be no Chick-fil-A restaurant in his city if the owner doesn't agree with gay marriage.

Should a business be denied operation because its owner has a religious belief that differs with the existing law ... as long as the business abides by the law in all ways. Nowhere is it reported that the business refuses service to anyone; or treats any customers differently from any other customers.

I thought this was the whole idea of religious freedom ... anyone is free to believe (or not believe) as they choose; as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's rights to do the same. And the govt isn't allowed to be biased for ... or against ... anyone's religious belief, as long as it doesn't conflict with secular laws.

Am I out in left field (right field?), or what?

smillerdvm
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Sounds like political vote pandering to me.
Denying Chick-fil-A a business license based on the CEO's opposition to gay marriage would not stand up to judicial review ,,,,,,,,,EVEN IN SAN FRANCRISCO

Raymond Little
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Nope, just not a Facist and that's probably a good thing.;-)

HPL
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Simply ridiculous. He didn't say that he would in any way discriminate against gays. Didn't say that he wouldn't hire or serve them (although I believe that that should be his right). His remarks certainly didn't bother me. I like their chicken. I would still like it if the owners or the company were a homosexual couple and would continue to do business with them as long as the had good service and good food. Even if he said that he didn't hire gays and wouldn't serve them, the government should butt out and let the market control this.

Dustin D
07-26-2012, 03:32 PM
It's not like he said he'd refuse to serve Homosexuals. Dude just said he supports Traditional Marriage and donates money to organizations who think the same way.

The epic hypocrisy of the supposed claim for tolerance that these Homosexuals display is sickening. How long can the tail wag the dog? Apparently into oblivion.

It's sad how the media has so many people believing that if you disagree or think differently, than you automatically must HATE whatever the opposition to said topic is. Nothing could be further from the truth yet it's portrayed that way hourly on the news.

Uncle Bill
07-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Always enlightening to watch the "tolerant" leftists in action.

I wish we had a Chick-Fil-A franchise in our city. It's actually surprising that we don't with the plethora of other fast food chain outlets...many having 3, 4, or 5 spread around the community.

UB

zeus3925
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
All I know is he has some dang good chicken. When in the south, I go there for a good meal, not to discuss politics. And no, Chick-Fil-A is not open on Sunday.

BonMallari
07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Chick Fil A also sponsored the Peach Bowl in Georgia and actually had them change the date on one game which was to be played on Sunday....I like their product,used to eat there regularly when I lived in Austin, they also had locations in many of the malls...don't think the company is going to be upset by not being welcomed in Boston...isnt Boston a sanctuary city too...its liberal pro gay stance is one of the reasons my gay nephew lives there with his lifestyle partner..my brother Jerry who is a devout Christian declined to attend the civil union ceremony because of his religious beliefs..tough choice to make

gmhr1
07-26-2012, 06:12 PM
We have one opening here and I can't wait.

coachmo
07-26-2012, 06:52 PM
I eat at the one we have locally and will continue to spend my money there.

helencalif
07-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Chicago chimed in today. Mayor Emmanuel said that Chick Fil A did not have the same "values" that Chicago had.

Chicago, a sanctuary city, is now the Murder Capitol of the US with thousands of gang members -- many killing each other and innocent bystanders. Amazing that the mayor would hold a press conference and condemn Chick Fil A for not having the same "values" Chicago has.

Helen

road kill
07-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Are the resident progressives OK with Government officials telling businesses they are not welcome based on ideology?
Is that in line with the 1st amendment.

(you guys remember the Constitution don't you???)

JDogger
07-26-2012, 07:58 PM
I had a Chick-Fil-A 8 piece for lunch today. First time in a long time. Probably because the news story. It was good. Not as good as I cook chicken...but OK... Will I go back...? Sure. I mean it's just lunch. JD

coachmo
07-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Come on guys, you all know that the left is comprised of the most tolerant, open-minded people in the world. Well, as long as you agree with the crap they spew then they welcome you with open arms. Ultimate hypocrites!!!

gmhr1
07-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Thank Goodness they dont have the same values as Chicago

JDogger
07-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I hear that the company is now going to be growing and diversifying. There will be franchises known as "Dude-Fil- A" coming to your Mall.... The speciality will be called the "Sandusky" sandwich. A young thigh between two pieces of aged white bread garnished with hypocrisy sauce....

MooseGooser
07-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Marriage isnt a "Law" Its a religious Sacrament.. One of 7..

Just my thoughts..

I think the practice of my religion is a right granted to me under the constitution.
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion,
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/glossary.html#REDRESS) of grievances.

So,, If GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS want to take this hard line stance,, Maybe they should take a civics class.
Are they not banning a Business because of a RELIGIOUS belief????
I think so.... Buts like I said,, Its a Sacrament to me not a Governmental Law..

Gooser

Didley
07-27-2012, 01:23 AM
August 1st is Chic-Fil-A day. We're making a point of going because of this BS.

starjack
07-27-2012, 06:17 AM
I hear that the company is now going to be growing and diversifying. There will be franchises known as "Dude-Fil- A" coming to your Mall.... The speciality will be called the "Sandusky" sandwich. A young thigh between two pieces of aged white bread garnished with hypocrisy sauce....

I see you have not changed. Pretty disgusting right there.

Dustin D
07-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Are they not banning a Business because of a RELIGIOUS belief????
I think so....

Yea but Gooser, it's a strike against Christianity so it's all good. The rules can bend when it comes to smashing Christians.

duh!

coachmo
07-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Remember Dustin, it's "asalaam alikum" and all that good stuff!! Yeah right! You post is spot-on!

road kill
07-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Evidently the respective Mayors of Chicago and Boston have had thier azzez handed to them!!

Boston's Mayor admits he messed up.
Rahm "The Godfather" Emanuel says we misunderstood him!!
After he reached an agreement with Louis Farrakhan, the anti-white, semite guy, to patrol neighborhoods in Chicago to reduce hate.:rolleyes:

gmhr1
07-27-2012, 09:46 AM
I planned on going to the store today guess I better call the ceo first and find out his veiws on gay marriage. We better do that before we shop or eat anywhere. Sure isnt the America I grew up in .

PamK
07-27-2012, 11:38 AM
First time posting over here so don't flame me too bad.

No one should be suprised by his statement. Their stores are closed on Sunday so it would appear that they have strong religious feelings.

Just wondering where you'll be shopping at Christmas when all of the hubbub will start about sales staff saying Happy Holidays and not Merry Christmas.

Jason Glavich
07-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Mr Cathy is a Man, he is entitled to have an opinion, he is also allowed to give to any charity he wants. As long as he does not discriminate he is in the clear. If I cared what other people thought I would not shop at a lot of businesses. How about all the companies who do not allow CCW or any weapons when the state allows it? They are going against the 2nd amendment, isn't that going against my rights? This will all die down and CFA will make even more money. Free Advertising to all who think the same way, or people who really love the chicken they serve.

road kill
07-27-2012, 11:51 AM
First time posting over here so don't flame me too bad.

No one should be suprised by his statement. Their stores are closed on Sunday so it would appear that they have strong religious feelings.

Just wondering where you'll be shopping at Christmas when all of the hubbub will start about sales staff saying Happy Holidays and not Merry Christmas.

More importantly, you should call Rahm Emmanuel and see if he approves!!!!

Golddogs
07-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Stan, if General Mills can come out and support gay marrage w/o government comment, Chic-fil-a should be afforded the same right and courtesy.

FWIW, I do not subscribe any constitutional amendment that mandates any specific group lose a right of freedom or self expression. I believe we have statutes that can handle issues like that and rightly so. If you want to only recognize marrage as a religous commitment between couples of the opposite sex, pass a law. But don't go messing with the constitution when it comes to rights, any rights. You start doing that and the floodgates open.

Having said that, no couple should be forbidden to be legally joined as partners no matter how odd it seems to others. A civil ceremony between 2 commited people takes care of that, and should be allowed anywhere.

road kill
07-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Stan, if General Mills can come out and support gay marrage w/o government comment, Chic-fil-a should be afforded the same right and courtesy.

FWIW, I do not subscribe any constitutional amendment that mandates any specific group lose a right of freedom or self expression. I believe we have statutes that can handle issues like that and rightly so. If you want to only recognize marrage as a religous commitment between couples of the opposite sex, pass a law. But don't go messing with the constitution when it comes to rights, any rights. You start doing that and the floodgates open.

Having said that, no couple should be forbidden to be legally joined as partners no matter how odd it seems to others. A civil ceremony between 2 commited people takes care of that, and should be allowed anywhere.
Golddogs,
I agree with you on GM, also add Home Depot and Target who openly market to that demographic which in my opinion seperates (objectifies, the very thing they detest) that segment from the rest.

I also agree that "civil unions" should be (and I believe they are ) legal.
I would add that if 2 people truly find love in the world, that is a good thing.

But marriage, and Mr Cathy's description of such, should not result in business being banned in Chicago.
Especially when the same guy (Rahm) is walking arm in arm with Louis Farrakhan at this very moment.

The issue here is elected Government officials judging wether or not a business is welcome (amidst 8%+ UE) in a city.
That is assinine and ubsurd!
If Rahm "The Godfather" Emmanuel wants to embrace and celebrate an abherrent sexual behavior that's his business.
To me, people are people and should not be defined by what they do in their bedrooms.
But for some reason the gay agenda includes legislating thought and morals (or lack there of).

Having and ideolgy shoved down our throats (no pun intended) is not the American way.

ENOUGH!!!!

Having said this, I probably am no longer welcome in Boston or Chicago!!!

M&K's Retrievers
07-27-2012, 02:14 PM
I have no idea how many times I've driven pass a Chick-Fill-A and have never stopped. I think I'll give 'em a try.

MooseGooser
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Words have definitions.
Nitrogen is the seventh element of the period tables.
It has a very defined definition.
It has 7 protons, 7 electrons and 7 neutrons..
Its defined as a gas. It is a law of science,, nature…
It is a rule of the universe..
Marriage has a definition.
It is defined as a union of a man and a woman, committed to sharing their lives together on the bodily, emotional, and rational-volitional levels of their being, in the kind of community that would be naturally fulfilled by having and rearing children together.
Its definition is supported by religious sacrament for the procreation of man..
It is a Universal law of science and nature.
We as Society can try and redefine the definition of Marriage,, But it will Always fail the test if it doesn’t include different sexes.. Universally by science law,, it cant happen, just as an element cant be Nitrogen if it doesn’t have 7 electrons, 7 protons and & neutrons..
Our societal law of Marriage may be different. It may Include same sex “Marriage”
But it really cant be called “Marriage because it doesn’t meet the Scientific, universal, or sacramental definition…
Marriage in Society, can be easily obtained,, and also easily broken. A simple form from a stationary store,, and a bit of Money paid to the local authorities, can cancel a societal “marriage..
Not such an easy task in the eys of the SACRAMENT and the CHURCH
Nullification of the SACRAMENT of MARRIAGE can be a major undertaking..
That is because,, before a MARRIAGE is performed through SACREMENT the marriage must meet the Universal , scientific, sacramental definition of the word. Through SACRAMENT ,, both man and Woman pledge honor and devotion to each other for life in the eyes of God.. It is VERY hard to nullify…
Marriage has NOTHING to do with Judical law… Marriage is a SACRAMENT.
A Sacrament that specifically defines the word Marriage.

Our legislators, representatives, Senators ect,, have no business re-defining sacraments defined by Religious beliefs.. Remember,, seperation of Church and state.

They also cannot pass laws and rules that undermine the constitution that gives us the right of freedom of religion, and the Sacrement of marriage.

Chick Fillet in EVERY TOWN!!!!! But just because the food is good.... And ONLY because the food is good... Its a RESTURANT.....

Again

JMHDAO.

Terri
07-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I have noticed that several Chinese Restaurants that I have been to have signs that state they have a right to refuse service. I do not see anyone closing them down or taking away business permits.

Terri

Quackwacker
07-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Having done business with Dan Cathy personally, I will tell you he is one of the nicest men you will ever meet. They run the best fast food operation ever, PERIOD. Their places of business are clean, neat and the people that work there are always clean,neat and friendly. If you work there while in highschool, they will pay your way to college. There is not another fast food business that even compares to the service you get when you walk in the door. They have a farm in middle Ga where they do great work with handicap children.

Let people judge Chick-fil-a with their wallets. I bet you this little stunt buy these two mayors boost sales for this company more than any ad campaign they have ever had.

Eat More Chick'n!

Ken Bora
07-28-2012, 06:19 AM
......So, the mayor of Boston says (and in San Francisco, too, as well as some other cities) that there can be no Chick-fil-A restaurant in his city if the owner doesn't agree with gay marriage......?

hhhmmmm, odd.
was his car filled with gas made from OPEC oil?
I think they still kill um with rocks, over there.
just a thought.

Gerry Clinchy
07-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Quackwacker, you could turn out to be right about people supporting Cathy.

What might turn out to be more important, though, is that the general public has gotten a glimpse of the "character" of these politicians ... "If you disagree with me, I'll find a way to punish you." That is a very scary message to hear from someone to whom you have given a lot of power over your govt. It is counter to the very basis of what this nation was founded upon.

Emanuel could better spend his time trying to figure out how to solve Chicago's problems with crime and decay, rather than directing his attention to quashing legitimate business licenses.

I understand that Rahm is trying to tell people how his statements were misunderstood.

Run N Gun
07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
You Religious Right nut jobs are what ruining this country!! Your little Jesus is as real as Santa Clause...Gotta love people that believe in fairy tales!!

Gerry Clinchy
07-29-2012, 08:42 PM
You Religious Right nut jobs are what ruining this country!! Your little Jesus is as real as Santa Clause...Gotta love people that believe in fairy tales!!

Doesn't matter what Cathy believes, his right to do so is guaranteed in the Constitution; as is his freedom of speech. Govt is not allowed to restrict his peaceful & lawful behavior in that regard ... nor discriminate against him (or anyone else) because of those beliefs.

coachmo
07-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Run n gun I'll keep believing in my make-believe Jesus and you keep believing or not believing but your post is asinine since this is really about an individual's right to freedom of speech. You guys sure are not getting any smarter that's for sure.

M&K's Retrievers
07-29-2012, 09:21 PM

Hmmmm. I didn't realize that obama, Reid, Pelosi, etc were part of the religious right.

Oh, and welcome to POTUS. Looks like your first attempt at posting on POTUS is being met with the same positive responses you got on the main board. Your in sales?? :rolleyes:

Matt McKenzie
07-29-2012, 09:39 PM

As always, an astute, rational, well-thought-out response from the left. It's not about Christianity or gay marriage, idiot. It was, but it no longer is. If you haven't figured that out yet, please be quiet while the grown-ups talk.

roseberry
07-29-2012, 09:42 PM

chris can shut down the POTUS forum now that we all know what is ruining this country!

these debates are finally over!!!!

it's not drugs, gangs, addiction, violence, racism, discrimination, loss of two parent families, 50% of the population paying all the taxes, illegal immigration, radical islam protected by our constitution, the assalt on our second ammendment rights so patriots could never deal with tyrranical government, terrorism, insolvency of social security, aids, our inadequate health care system, systemic poverty, trickle-up poverty, onerous government regualtion, keynesian econmics brought back from the dead as gospel(similar to Jesus, but took thirty years instead of three days)..............nope, it's religious nut jobs!!!!!

until tonight i thought Jesus was a historical figure who everyone believed actually lived......at least once? am i wrong about that?

charly_t
07-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Doesn't matter what Cathy believes, his right to do so is guaranteed in the Constitution; as is his freedom of speech. Govt is not allowed to restrict his peaceful & lawful behavior in that regard ... nor discriminate against him (or anyone else) because of those beliefs.

Right on track. Glad to see that some people can see things clearly :-)

BonMallari
07-30-2012, 02:05 AM

Wow, a couple of weeks ago I was called an idiot for having voted for Bush 41 and 43...now I am a nut job....wow...I will gladly wear either tag, not because I am part of the religious right, but because my mother is and she reads her Bible daily and she is fast approaching her 100th birthday and because one of my brother's is and he is about as good a man as there is...people like you that have no class and have to resort to calling people of faith names, dont deserve their time...

cripes
07-30-2012, 04:47 AM
Praise the Lord and pass the wings.

road kill
07-30-2012, 05:20 AM

What do you believe in?

M&K's Retrievers
07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
What do you believe in?

Who cares?

road kill
07-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Who cares?
I do, hence the question.

All be it rhetorical.
But I suspect the day will come in his life when he prays to God..........I am certain of it.

Pete
07-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Words have definitions.
Nitrogen is the seventh element of the period tables.
It has a very defined definition.
It has 7 protons, 7 electrons and 7 neutrons..
Its defined as a gas. It is a law of science,, nature…
Marriage has a definition.
It is defined as a union of a man and a woman, committed to sharing their lives together on the bodily, emotional, and rational-volitional levels of their being, in the kind of community that would be naturally fulfilled by having and rearing children together.
Its definition is supported by religious sacrament for the procreation of man..
It is a Universal law of science and nature.
We as Society can try and redefine the definition of Marriage,, But it will Always fail the test if it doesn’t include different sexes.. Universally by science law,, it cant happen, just as an element cant be Nitrogen if it doesn’t have 7 electrons, 7 protons and & neutrons..
Our societal law of Marriage may be different. It may Include same sex “Marriage”
But it really cant be called “Marriage because it doesn’t meet the Scientific, universal, or sacramental definition…
Marriage in Society, can be easily obtained,, and also easily broken. A simple form from a stationary store,, and a bit of Money paid to the local authorities, can cancel a societal “marriage..
Not such an easy task in the eys of the SACRAMENT and the CHURCH
Nullification of the SACRAMENT of MARRIAGE can be a major undertaking..
That is because,, before a MARRIAGE is performed through SACREMENT the marriage must meet the Universal , scientific, sacramental definition of the word. Through SACRAMENT ,, both man and Woman pledge honor and devotion to each other for life in the eyes of God.. It is VERY hard to nullify…
Marriage has NOTHING to do with Judical law… Marriage is a SACRAMENT.
A Sacrament that specifically defines the word Marriage.

Our legislators, representatives, Senators ect,, have no business re-defining sacraments defined by Religious beliefs.. Remember,, seperation of Church and state.

They also cannot pass laws and rules that undermine the constitution that gives us the right of freedom of religion, and the Sacrement of marriage.

Chick Fillet in EVERY TOWN!!!!! But just because the food is good.... And ONLY because the food is good... Its a RESTURANT.....

Again

JMHDAO.

If I may add to that.
If marriage has its roots in the bible. And we can see in many places where it is instituted by God. IF so,,, Then by shear logic even an atheist man and woman legally married by mans law are actually not married as far as God word defines marriage. Marriage is a man and a woman who strive together to help each other through this life with God as the center piece. . The bible was not written for the eternal God rejectors, for their goal is to desecrate and twist its intentions as to make it of non effect. but ,it was written for "whom so ever will believe". God has used the example of marriage to help his people understand the "GREAT MYSTERY" There is way more to this marriage stuff that meets the eye. His people are the bride and Christ is the bride groom. Spiritual speaking,,, Marriage is a big deal to God,,,which is why attempts to twist and dismantle what ever integrity is left in it. It is the way of the world it seems these days. Its to bad our politicians are leading the way. Of course not surprising,,because the ink has not dried after thousands of years.
Pete

gmhr1
07-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Us nuts have to stick together maybe than we can take back America

charly_t
07-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Wow, a couple of weeks ago I was called an idiot for having voted for Bush 41 and 43...now I am a nut job....wow...I will gladly wear either tag, not because I am part of the religious right, but because my mother is and she reads her Bible daily and she is fast approaching her 100th birthday and because one of my brother's is and he is about as good a man as there is...people like you that have no class and have to resort to calling people of faith names, dont deserve their time...

"It's" a troll. If you feed it it will stay here. Trolls don't think very deeply. They just want attention and will do anything to get attention ( and here I am feeding it ). Probably it will find some attention it does not want very soon :-)

gmhr1
07-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Mike Huckabee made tomorrow Chick- fil-A appreciation day so far online something like a quarter million people have signed up to support it. I wish we had one I would be first in line.

charly_t
07-31-2012, 05:31 PM
.......................................... I wish we had one I would be first in line.

Ditto ! I really think that they should open one in Bartlesville Oklahoma where we currently do almost all of our shopping. We have a good size work force who are employed. Plus we have a large population of retired people who still have money to spend ( and they do just that ). Local chicken type fast food places could sure use some competition.

Raymond Little
07-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Took my son and two training partners there for lunch today.

road kill
08-01-2012, 08:34 AM
I find it disheartening that the secular progressives have wrested enough control that they can demand that Christian values be scoffed at and scorned in America.

Chick-Fil-A Chicago Fallout: Pastor Takes On Mayor's Opposition, Illinois GOP Offers Coupons
Posted: 07/31/2012 1:58 pm Updated: 07/31/2012 3:49 pm

One week since a Chicago alderman's opposition to a new Chick-fil-A restaurant being built in his ward became a national story, the backlash hasn't exactly dissipated.

In a Sunday sermon, the Rev. Charles Lyons of the Armitage Baptist Church criticized Ald. Proco "Joe" Moreno's stand against the chicken chain over its owner's anti-gay marriage stance. Moreno's comments on the chain have been backed up by Mayor Rahm Emanuel -- a flank of opposition Lyons described as "anti-religious, agenda-driven bullying," CBS Chicago reports.

Meanwhile, Mayor Emanuel on Monday emphasized that he had no regrets when it came to his previous statement that "Chick-fil-A's values are not Chicago values," the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Since making that remark, however, the mayor's office clarified that Emanuel would not block the fast-food chain from opening up new locations of its restaurant in the city.

"If they meet all the usual requirements, then they can open their restaurant, but he does not believe the CEO’s values are reflective of our city," Tarrah Cooper, Emanuel press secretary, told the Sun-Times.

To date, the mayor has not, however, taken the owners of Chicago's only current Chick-fil-A up on their invitation for him to visit their restaurant.

Still the "Chicago values" comment has struck a chord. Chicago Archbishop Francis Cardinal George criticized Emanuel's statement in an op-ed published Sunday on the Archdiocese of Chicago's blog.

"Must those whose personal values do not conform to those of the government of the day move from the city?" George wrote. "Is the City Council going to set up a 'Council Committee on Un-Chicagoan Activities' and call those of us who are suspect to appear before it?"

The Illinois Republican Party has also lashed out on the Chick-fil-A controversy. The Daily Herald reports that the state GOP is offering a $5 gift cards to anyone who donates $10 or more to them.

"Let's show Barack Obama, Mike Madigan and their fellow Chicago Democrats that even in Illinois, we will not stand for business owners being silenced for expressing their opinion," state party chair Pat Brady said in a Monday news release on the matter.

Ald. Moreno previously stated that, due to the chain's history of anti-gay marriage remarks and contributions to anti-LGBT groups, he does not approve of the College Park, Ga.-based chain's plan to open a new restaurant, the city's second, in the ward he represents.

His opposition was prompted, in part, by a recent comment Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy made in an interview with the Baptist Press comment that put the chain's long-held opposition to marriage equality back in the spotlight.

Wednesday will mark a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" that former GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has called for.

In response to that call, the Chicago-based Hearty Boys launched their own "Chick-fil-Gay Appreciation Day" dinner. They will be donating all proceeds from the evening -- including sale of special fried chicken sandwiches -- at their Hearty restaurant, 3819 N. Broadway, to Equality Illinois, an LGBT advocacy group, Chicago Pride reports.

Just sayin'..........

gmhr1
08-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I sure get tired of so called "Christians" saying they support gay marriage I wonder what bible they read on Sundays? mine sure doesn't say that.

Raymond Little
08-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Chicken bisquit for breakfast, damn those thangs are good.
Best free advertisement Chick Fil Eh could have ever asked for.

gmhr1
08-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Mention you heard it on Glenn Beck you get a deal on a milkshake today only.

road kill
08-01-2012, 01:50 PM
There's more;

PICKET: Chicago GOP to file complaint against Rahm Emanuel over Chick fil A flap

By Kerry Picket - The Washington Times
August 1, 2012, 12:26PM

The Chicago Republican Party announced last week it would file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Human Rights and Attorney General Lisa Madigan over the discriminatory action by Alderman Proco (Joe) Moreno against the food chain Chick-fil-A.

The party is now expanding their complaint to cover Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel as well. According to a press release, the Chicago Republican Party says that "the complaint states that the Alderman and the Mayor have broken civil rights laws pertaining to religious freedom and the First Amendment in denying Chick fil A a permit to operate its business in the City of Chicago."

Following Chick fil A's CEO Dan Cathy's support of traditional marriage, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and San Francisco liberal politicians spoke out against the food chain and threatened to block Chick fil A from opening any business or further businesses in their cities.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said that Chick fil A's values were not "Chicago values."
WBEZ reported last week that Chicago's Moreno now wants Chick fil A to put into writing that it “won’t support any groups with a political agenda, including those with an anti-gay marriage stance” before he’ll consider allowing zoning rights to a Chick fil A restaurant in his ward.

"If they’re serious about that, and they’re willing to put that in writing and they’re willing to adopt that. I think those are the grounds where we can move forward," Moreno said.

"Chick-fil-A may have a pretty good case under the First Amendment if the city uses their religious or political beliefs as a basis for denying a business license or ability to do business in the city. That is the kind of thing that happens in fascist states," said Hans von Spakovsky, a Heritage Foundation senior legal fellow and former Justice Department attorney to the assistant attorney general for civil rights,

Hey, Buzz, where do YOU stand on this issue?:D

gmhr1
08-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I wish the Pres would stop in for a chicken sandwich to show he supports freedom of speech. This is not in support of gay marriage but our freedom of speech...as the pres he should support that.

roseberry
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
stan,
my stance is that a person's compliance with laws (relating to discrimination in this case) has nothing to do with their personal beliefs. in other words, if i believe in my heart and state publicly that it is safe for me to drive 60 mph in a school zone but i always drive 15 mph in school zones, should i get a traffic ticket from the government?

M&K's Retrievers
08-01-2012, 04:53 PM
We went by the CF in Sherman, TX today about 2:00. There was a line of 15 cars in line on the service road and the parking lot was packed. I was cussing up a storm at the traffic until I saw the reason. :D

coachmo
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Didn't obama have the same point of view as the chick-fil-a president a few months ago regarding gay marriage?

gmhr1
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I thought he did until biden opened his mouth in support of it. Glad to know how he really feels. Lots of sound bites of Obama saying he is against gay marriage what a flip flop. He flushes everything away for a vote .

coachmo
08-01-2012, 06:08 PM
None of the left wing whack-jobs have mentioned that. No surprise there.

Gerry Clinchy
08-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Chick-fil-A reported record sales day for yesterday. They don't give out sales specific figures. Some restaurants, it was reported, ran out of chicken before the day was over.

gmhr1
08-02-2012, 11:38 AM
they won't run out Friday the gays aren't buying just kissing for national kiss day.

road kill
08-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Hmmmmmm, no violence, no threats, no trash.......

Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters

By John Roberts

Published August 01, 2012

FoxNews.com

It used to be that taking a bite of a chicken sandwich just meant you were hungry. Now it has become a symbol of whether you stand for or against same-sex marriage, or – alternately – the right to express your personal views without fear of retaliation.

At Chick-fil-A locations across the country, people voted with their wallets today, coming out to express support for the fast-food chain after CEO Dan Cathy said in an interview that he is a firm backer of traditional marriage.

“I believe what the Bible says (about marriage),” Chauncy Fields told us after wolfing down a breakfast of chicken and biscuits. “So I came out here to support Chick-fil-A and the movement.”

Chris Johnson sees a double standard. “He (Dan Cathy) said the exact same thing that President Obama said,” Johnson told Fox News -- referring to the president’s past opposition to gay marriage – “And he gets negativity, and Obama gets positivity.”

At one Atlanta location, the restaurant was packed, while the line for the drive-thru looped twice around the building and out into the street.

The backlash across the country against Chick-fil-A has been ferocious. After the mayors of Chicago and Boston heaped scorn upon the company, the mayor of Washington, DC, suggested it was peddling “hate chicken.”

Those comments drew a sharp response from Rev. William Owens of the Coalition of African American Pastors. “Some people are saying that because of the position that Chick-fil-A is taking, they don’t want them in their cities. It is a disgrace. It is the same thing that happened when I was marching for civil rights, when they didn’t want a black to come into their restaurant," he told a press conference in Washington, DC.

The Chick-fil-A firestorm has taken on different meanings for different people. For some, it harks to the days of intolerance and segregation. For others, it is about religious views of marriage. But for most people who Fox News spoke to today, it is about free speech.

SUMMARY
COMPANY FACTS
Chick-fil-A is a family owned and operated company. It has 1,615 stores in 39 states, and 2011 sales were $4.1 billion.

“I think it comes down to a First Amendment issue. I mean, I do believe in the traditional values of marriage between a man and a woman,” youth pastor Stephen Lenahan told Fox News after a leisurely breakfast with three members of his ministry. He is also puzzled as to why Dan Cathy is such a target, when other corporate CEOs who openly support same-sex marriage are not similarly criticized by conservatives.

Lenahan says he sees a bigger issue at work here. “There is kind of a culture war going on and people aren’t really respecting each other and difference of opinion. There’s no dialogue taking place to get to the heart of what we really believe as a nation and what is truth.”

Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day – as it is being called was the idea of former Arkansas governor and Fox News contributor Mike Huckabee. But as protests against Chick-fil-A swelled across the country, dozens of groups and prominent individuals joined in support of the company.

Among the groups is Project 21, a black conservative activist organization. One of its members, Demetrios Minor, said critics of Dan Cathy have taken his statements completely out of context. “I think liberals are missing a vital point in their blind hatred of Chick-fil-A,” Minor said in a statement sent to Fox News. “Being against gay marriage is not being anti-gay.”

Crtitics of Chick-fil-A argue that the company’s opposition to gay marriage goes well beyond Dan Cathy’s statements. Over the years, its philanthropic wing, WinShape, has donated millions of dollars to outside organizations that actively lobby against efforts to legalize same-sex marriage.

On Friday, supporters of same-sex marriage will have their say. They plan a “kiss-in” at Chick-fil-A restaurants across the country – encouraging gays and lesbians to share a public display of affection at the home of the chicken sandwich.

I wonder how many of our resident secular progressives will be at the "Kiss In???";-)

Just askin'...........

gmhr1
08-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Did you know that more business have come out and expressed their Christian views. In and Out burger, Tyson foods Interstate Battery, Hobby Lobby and Forever 21. In and Out Burger puts John 3:16 on the bottom of their cups & Forever 21 has it on their shopping bags .

gmhr1
08-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Some stupid guy made a video of himself bullying a Chick- fil-a employee telling her she should be ashamed working for such a horrible company than getting his free water and commenting he felt pretty good about himself, well he made the mistake of showing his face, his company found out and he was fired. I hope people think about this before they come out tomorrow and do something stupid. Turns out the guy was the Chief finance officer of a company in Tucson AZ. Maybe he can get a job in fast food.

ARay11
08-03-2012, 03:09 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561203_10150982974258963_92389602_n.jpg