PDA

View Full Version : Obama 2012 TV Ad during Olympics

Gunners Up
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
I've been watching the Olympics on NBC the last few evenings and was surprised to see a Presidential ad come on with a very direct message from the President. Do any of you recall seeing a political ad during any of the previous winter Olympics????

The ad itself is very unseemly to me. I could see the President of the United States coming on and touting how our Olympians are the best our country has to offer and how we as a country should give party politics a break and rally behind them but a blatant political ad in the middle of the Olympics seems to me to be the exact opposite of what the Olympics stand for and really cheapens the viewing experience. Not the time or the place in my opinion.

Just curious if any of you feel the same way or are the Olympics fare political game?

RD

BonMallari
07-31-2012, 06:13 PM
the Olympics are basically expensive marketing vehicles, fairly sure the the BHO campaign gets a favorable ad rate from his pals at the peacock network....NBC would run an ad from the Muslim Brotherhood if they paid for it :rolleyes:

Franco
07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
the Olympics are basically expensive marketing vehicles, fairly sure the the BHO campaign gets a favorable ad rate from his pals at the peacock network....NBC would run an ad from the Muslim Brotherhood if they paid for it :rolleyes:

Federal Political Candidates ALL get the lowest unit rate, Federal Law. Those rates are availble via the station's Public File and are inspected by both parties to ensure compliance.

M&K's Retrievers
07-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Are the Olympics on?

BonMallari
07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Are the Olympics on?

Have to admit its hard to watch the Olympics at night when the results are all on line in real time during the day

M&K's Retrievers
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Have to admit its hard to watch the Olympics at night when the results are all on line in real time during the day

I guess the sec doesn't have any athletes participating in the Olympics or we would have heard how dominating they are from Franco. ;)

road kill
08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
I've been watching the Olympics on NBC the last few evenings and was surprised to see a Presidential ad come on with a very direct message from the President. Do any of you recall seeing a political ad during any of the previous winter Olympics????

The ad itself is very unseemly to me. I could see the President of the United States coming on and touting how our Olympians are the best our country has to offer and how we as a country should give party politics a break and rally behind them but a blatant political ad in the middle of the Olympics seems to me to be the exact opposite of what the Olympics stand for and really cheapens the viewing experience. Not the time or the place in my opinion.

Just curious if any of you feel the same way or are the Olympics fare political game?

RD
Though not illegal, it is incredibly crass & class less.

Does that help you understand?:cool:

road kill
08-01-2012, 10:12 AM
I guess the sec doesn't have any athletes participating in the Olympics or we would have heard how dominating they are from Franco. ;)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/jogiba/GIF/ROTFLMAO.gif

jacduck
08-01-2012, 10:16 AM
and "Though not illegal, it is icredibly class less." surprises you why? That is the first thought I have on the dude in DC.

road kill
08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
and "Though not illegal, it is incredibly cras & class less." surprises you why? That is the first thought I have on the dude in DC.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

I have always said when there is credit to be GIVEN he TAKES it.

Why should the Olympics be any different?

gmhr1
08-02-2012, 10:14 AM
After seeing the opening ceremony I would say Romney was right to me it was the worst one I have seen.