PDA

View Full Version : Attn teachers...there's a new rule in town.

Uncle Bill
08-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Is there no end to this pathetic messiah's involvement? How proud you lefties must be. Bet your just elated with this news. Can't wait to here how this will affect Buzz's and Sambo's kids.

By all means, open the official order and read the audacity of this incredible grab at more power.

UB

Obama Order: Black Kids Should Be Disciplined Differently From White or Hispanic Children

http://sayanythingblog.com/files/2012/05/Obama-wink-300x199.jpg

Written By:
Bat One (http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/author/batone/)
Aug 2, 2012

A basic tenet of America’s legal system, as well as every other society of which I am aware, is that punishment for violation of the society’s rules should be based on the nature and severity of the offense, and not on the race, religion, or ethnic background of the offender.

Race, or ethnicity, if you prefer, is what is known as a suspect category, and any law which provides for punishment based on race is constitutionally impermissible. Barack Obama, however, doesn’t believe this should be so. And as reported in The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/obama-backs-race-based-school-discipline-policies/#ixzz22EW5x2v7), he is instituting a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

Labeled The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, the Obama Executive Order sets up yet another new federal bureaucracy within the Department of Education to promote

“a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

“African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline,” said the order…

“What this means is that whites and Asians will get suspended for things that blacks don’t get suspended for,” because school officials will try to level punishments despite groups’ different infraction rates, predicted Hans Bader, a counsel at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Bader is a former official in the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, and has sued and represented school districts and colleges in civil-rights cases.

“It is too bad that the president has chosen to set up a new bureaucracy with a focus on one particular racial group, to the exclusion of all others,” said Roger Clegg, the president of the Center for Equal Opportunity.

“A disproportionate share of crimes are committed by African Americans, and they are disproportionately likely to misbehave in school… [because] more than 7 out of 10 African Americans (72.5 percent) are born out of wedlock… versus fewer than 3 out of 10 whites,” he said in a statement to The Daily Caller.

Although ” you won’t see it mentioned in the Executive Order… there is an obvious connection between these [marriage] numbers and how each group is doing educationally, economically, criminally,” he said.

What also isn’t mentioned, either in The Daily Caller article or the Obama Executive Order is the effect that a separate and unequal system of school discipline that favors specifially African American students would have on the non-African American students.

After all, discipline based on the race of the offender, or the proportion of the offender’s racial or ethnic group within the entire population, is the exact opposite of what students should be learning in civics/government classes, not to mention state and federal law.

If a white student is subject to suspension for behavior which is not a suspension violation for a Black, we are no better off than we were before Brown, and only the roles have changed and the minority is privileged while the majority is discriminated against. The only principle at work then is might makes right. Is that what we need to be teaching our school children?

Nearly 60 years after the historic Brown v. Board of Education ruling, America’s first Black president (okay, half Black) is taking the country backwards in an obvious effort to pander to the Black voters who are losing patience with his failed economic policies and his radical social agenda.

If students – White, Black, Hispanic, or whatever – misbehave in school, that is a matter for local school authorities, not for Washington bureaucrats anxious to garner more federal control, and help their failed boss get reelected.

The actual Executive Order can be found here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/26/executive-order-white-house-initiative-educational-excellence-african-am).

gmhr1
08-03-2012, 05:21 PM
We have a chance in nov to stop this nonsense shame on us as a country if we don't .

Gerry Clinchy
08-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Equally interesting, seems Pres has set up a special Agency for African-American students. I'm thinking he's trying to offset some damage done to his support by the gay marriage thing, by giving out some ice cream?

gmhr1
08-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I heard he was called and told if he didn't do something for the blacks he was going to lose their vote. Obama has an agenda and if he gets another 4 years we will all suffer from it.

1tulip
08-04-2012, 05:32 PM
The only bright side to this might be (First) more parents home schooling or sending kids to private schools and (2nd) consequent pressure on state governments to issue vouchers.

I think private education and school choice (for ALL kids of ANY color) is the best long-term chance we have of turning this thing around.

luvmylabs23139
08-04-2012, 06:14 PM
This crap started a year or 2 ago in our county. The NAACP and other crew claimed too many black kids were getting suspended vs white kids. Of course previous history, severity of offense etc were not used in the complainers stats. So the county caved and now they aren't suspending trouble makers like they should.
White kids are getting suspended for minor offenses and minorities are getting a pass with a history or a major offense. What a pile of dogdoo!

road kill
08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
So, we have to change the rules so some kids can make it?
Interesting.
If I were to accuse Obama of thinking this way, I would be severely admonished by our resident secular progressives.

Yet, here it is..........

mjh345
08-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I heard he was called and told if he didn't do something for the blacks he was going to lose their vote. Obama has an agenda and if he gets another 4 years we will all suffer from it.

3 Things:

1) I just love posts that start "I heard he was called and told"..........great source & credibility
2) I cant fathom him losing the black vote
3) I can't fathom him getting 4 more years.

mjh345
08-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Why cant we acknowledge that reverse predjudice is still predjudice and should be banned; and certainly not legitimized ?

gmhr1
08-04-2012, 08:26 PM
it was on Bill O Reilly, sorry but i dont recall the name of the person that called and told him he needs to act and do something for the blacks . He already has lost a lot of the black vote because of his flip flop on gay marriage, have you seen the group of black pastors that are furious at him calling him the devil for the gay marriage issue. A popular black magizine is upset because he has not done anything about the blacks killing blacks in Chicago, his hometown yet he runs to Colorado after the shooting. I can't stand the thought of him for 4 more years but it's a possibility.

Sabireley
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;

This the the only section of the order that talks about discipline. Ther is nothing specific in the order about how things will be accomplished, just outcomes.

JDogger
08-04-2012, 10:57 PM
So, we have to change the rules so some kids can make it?
Interesting.
If I were to accuse Obama of thinking this way, I would be severely admonished by our resident secular progressives.

Yet, here it is..........

Read post #11.

Waah... the secular progressives are dodging me.

Waah.., the secular progressives are admonishing me.

Think about it? Eh?

Whats your point?

I mean really try.

Ron White regards to you, JD

mjh345
08-04-2012, 11:16 PM
it was on Bill O Reilly, sorry but i dont recall the name of the person that called and told him he needs to act and do something for the blacks . He already has lost a lot of the black vote because of his flip flop on gay marriage, have you seen the group of black pastors that are furious at him calling him the devil for the gay marriage issue. A popular black magizine is upset because he has not done anything about the blacks killing blacks in Chicago, his hometown yet he runs to Colorado after the shooting. I can't stand the thought of him for 4 more years but it's a possibility.

Make you a deal Cyndi. Against my gambling instincts that would say not to bet against someone who has ESP or is a clairvoyant as would be demonstrated by your uncanny ability to know exactly what happened 1000's of miles away in the Trayvon Bryant case, I'd be willing to bet you that Obama won't lose the black vote.
Id even be willing to give you double your money odds, and Im willing to bet my entire net worth.

The 4 more years thing I also believe is unlikely, however I'd give you no odds on that one. Not after the American people gave Bush a second term they have shown an ability to reward incompetence

gmhr1
08-05-2012, 12:19 AM
I think you mean Trayvon Martin since I have no idea who Trayvon Bryant is..... I never said he would lose the black, he's doing everything possible to make sure he doesn't (which is the point of this thread) There are alot of black people that are finding out he doesn't walk on water... and alot that have said they wont vote for him, Yet he still leads in the polls. As far as betting you thanks to Obama my net worth isnt enough to bet.....

road kill
08-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Read post #11.

Waah... the secular progressives are dodging me.

Waah.., the secular progressives are admonishing me.

Think about it? Eh?

Whats your point?

I mean really try.

Ron White regards to you, JD

Jdogger, can you post something relevant to the topic?

Just pour another one and obsess with someone else.

WTH does "Eh" mean?

Franco
08-05-2012, 07:17 AM
The 4 more years thing I also believe is unlikely, however I'd give you no odds on that one. Not after the American people gave Bush a second term they have shown an ability to reward incompetence

Spot on.

A few short months ago, one couldn't find a Romney supporter here on POTUS. With the Electorate's heads up their collective butts, does it really matter who wins on November?

Get ready for more of the same no matter who wins.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/311516_10151077975107726_816841205_n.jpg

JDogger
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Jdogger, can you post something relevant to the topic?

My first sentence, "read post #11" related to the topic.

Just pour another one and obsess with someone else.

Anything I might drink is not as mind altering as the kool-aid those obsessed with secular progressives consume.

WTH does "Eh" mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eh

JD

mjh345
08-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I think you mean Trayvon Martin since I have no idea who Trayvon Bryant is..... I never said he would lose the black, he's doing everything possible to make sure he doesn't (which is the point of this thread) There are alot of black people that are finding out he doesn't walk on water... and alot that have said they wont vote for him, Yet he still leads in the polls. As far as betting you thanks to Obama my net worth isnt enough to bet.....
3 things
1) in post 4 you seemed to talk of the possibility of him losing the black vote
2)I disagree that the point of this thread is Obama losing the black vote
3)As retired military I would say if you are broke you may need to hire a financial advisor {or fire yours} because there must be some mismanagement of your account going on in light of the fact that the DJIA has more than doubled since shortly after Obama succeeded Bush

gmhr1
08-06-2012, 12:26 AM
First of all I said others say he is losing alot of black voters. Its a FACT that there are black groups that are upset at obama they say they wont vote at all, not for him or Romney. If your one of those people that think we are better off now than 4 years ago .. (your in a special group) than good for you . The point of this thread was what Obama is scrambling to do for the black kids in schools, maybe to help secure the black vote he thought he had in his hip pocket. Not that its any of your business but to set the record straight my husband is a retired disabled army vet. We are middle class struggling like most Americans , we have lots of investments so thanks for your concern, we aren't broke, but we are not better off than we were 4 years ago. You have a misguided view of the military if you think we should be rich just ask the wives I shop with who have to use food stamps to get by while their husbands are getting shot and killed in Afghanistan. If you want to continue to make this personal than PM me and we will continue this . Chris says be civil or be banned so have a great evening.......

Jason Glavich
08-06-2012, 07:55 AM
So I pose a few Questions to you all.
If a white president did this, would he be trying to buy the Black vote?
If a white president did this but it was for white kids would he be racist?

This is what the current prez looks like when he is a road side panhandler begging for votes instead of change. Look he has already asked for peoples wedding money,wedding gifts,beer money. When that did not work he tries something new. This program won't help him or the people who he thinks it will help anyway.

Cody Covey
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
3 things
1) in post 4 you seemed to talk of the possibility of him losing the black vote
2)I disagree that the point of this thread is Obama losing the black vote
3)As retired military I would say if you are broke you may need to hire a financial advisor {or fire yours} because there must be some mismanagement of your account going on in light of the fact that the DJIA has more than doubled since shortly after Obama succeeded Bush
I think you are confusing losing the black vote with losing the black vote to Romney. The black demographic in general doesn't vote in very high percentages and it is looking more and more like they will be back to that trend this time is what Cyndi is saying it seems to me.

Mikegillam
08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
While it does seem a little ludicrous to try and take the politics out of a political forum...after reading the attached "order" and trying to sort through the comments by a conservative organization (politics), the two statements that were made by the OP are very accurate. A positive school climate does not and should not rely on disparate disciplinary actions, and as a country, all research will confirm that blacks do not have equal access to qualified teachers, principals, academics, opportunities, etc... The rest is all politics...

Novemberwitch
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Democracy as our parents knew it, is coming to an end, and our grandchildren will have no idea what democracy is. The change he wanted is here. Now he wants to move that change forward! Scarey.