PDA

View Full Version : Seems really dumb ...

Gerry Clinchy
08-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Somebody at the WH publishes a photo of Obama on the phone, casually holding a baseball bat in his other hand. Then they publish the photo and explain that this is a photo of the POTUS speaking to the leader of Turkey.

Then the Turkish politicos all start carrying on about the significance of that baseball bat as related to the attitude of POTUS to his Turkish counterparts, and connoting disrespect to the Turkish govt.

Why would any jerk publish such a photo? I know they are always taking photos of a sitting President for historical value ... but not all of those photos are actually published at the time they are taken.

I'm not "blaming" Obama for this ... but there is surely some staff hanging around the WH that really need to put their thinking caps on.

mngundog
08-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry I think he is an awful President but in this case it's a bunch of guys getting there panties in a bunch OVER NOTHING.

charly_t
08-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Somebody at the WH publishes a photo of Obama on the phone, casually holding a baseball bat in his other hand. Then they publish the photo and explain that this is a photo of the POTUS speaking to the leader of Turkey.

Then the Turkish politicos all start carrying on about the significance of that baseball bat as related to the attitude of POTUS to his Turkish counterparts, and connoting disrespect to the Turkish govt.

Why would any jerk publish such a photo? I know they are always taking photos of a sitting President for historical value ... but not all of those photos are actually published at the time they are taken.

I'm not "blaming" Obama for this ... but there is surely some staff hanging around the WH that really need to put their thinking caps on.

I guess his PR people think there is no bad press for entertainers and that applies to Obama also. Maybe his PR people are trying to present him as a sports figure since we do seem to worship them in this country. I mean we did see him singing recently and it seemed to go over well with some people.

Then the well read people who see this think maybe he is trying to send the message of "speak softly and carry a big stick". I guess they aren't adding all the army etc. cuts up yet and realize he ain't saying that for sure. Who knows..........it would seem that all on his team are not great team player ;-) I mean they aren't all headed for the correct basket when their team gets the ball.

Ken Bora
08-07-2012, 06:19 AM
I feel goofy POTUS photos are nothing new.
often dogs are involved.
sometimes yard working tools.
sometimes when abroad.
sometimes a flight deck and coveralls :rolleyes: what the heck was my pres thinking that day?
anyway, While not a fan of him. this aint nothing.
I would have been messing with a fake big red button on the desk!
Let um think about THAT!!! Image is everything:D

Jason Glavich
08-07-2012, 07:16 AM
I thought he was trying to be like the principal from that 80's movie, except that guy got the job done by the end of the movie.

BonMallari
08-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Have not seen the photo but my guess is that it was photoshopped, since it was more than likely a golf club in his hand...anyone who saw him throw out a ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game knows that he possesses absolutely zero baseball skills

Ken Bora
08-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Have not seen the photo but my guess is that it was photoshopped, since it was more than likely a golf club in his hand...anyone who saw him throw out a ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game knows that he possesses absolutely zero baseball skills
http://pumabydesign001.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/photo-of-obama-on-the-phone-with-turkey-prime-minister-holding-baseball-bat.jpg

Gerry Clinchy
08-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry I think he is an awful President but in this case it's a bunch of guys getting there panties in a bunch OVER NOTHING.

I agree! But they pay people some reasonable bucks on WH staff (not just this administration) to think this kind of stuff through to avoid unnecessary flaps.

M&K's Retrievers
08-07-2012, 10:11 AM
http://pumabydesign001.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/photo-of-obama-on-the-phone-with-turkey-prime-minister-holding-baseball-bat.jpg

Looks to me that he doesn't even know how to hold a bat correctly. :rolleyes:

featherqwest
08-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Looks to me that he doesn't even know how to hold a bat correctly. :rolleyes:

Well he flunked out of basketball and baseball. He was trying to get into a minor league in Hawaii. Instead he went to the East Coast and now he is rich ya all for a law degree. His mommy hailed from Kansas.

HPL
08-07-2012, 11:17 AM

Perhaps you are being facetious, but in case not, the shadows all look like they are in the right place to me.

BonMallari
08-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Perhaps you are being facetious, but in case not, the shadows all look like they are in the right place to me.

extremely facetious

menmon
08-07-2012, 01:29 PM
You are on him about how he holds his bat....hahahahah....man you are not going to be able to deal with another 4 years....you need to get away or check yourself in somewhere...because you are in need of help.

luvmylabs23139
08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
You are on him about how he holds his bat....hahahahah....man you are not going to be able to deal with another 4 years....you need to get away or check yourself in somewhere...because you are in need of help.
If that IDIOT gets four more years I'm out of here end of story!!!

gmhr1
08-07-2012, 02:02 PM
It was reported on the news that the bat was real and a gift to him.

mjh345
08-07-2012, 07:04 PM
If that IDIOT gets four more years I'm out of here end of story!!!

I didnt think I'd be able to find a reason to vote for him.
You and Alec Baldwin, what a match!!

luvmylabs23139
08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I didnt think I'd be able to find a reason to vote for him.
You and Alec Baldwin, what a match!!

WE are at the far opposite of the spectrum!