PDA

View Full Version : Romney causes cancer

gmhr1
08-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Just when you thought the dems couldnt sink any lower thet have a new ad. Bain stepped in to rescue a failing steel factory after a few years due to the cheap steel from China this factory was shut down the worker got fired and lost his heath insurance. His wife became sick she didnt go to the Dr when she finally went to the hospital she had cancer.. she died 22 days later . According to the left this is Mitt Romneys fault Obamas slogan should be Down and Dirty..... I know a restuarant owner died after shaking Obamas hand so I guess he kills everything he comes in contact with.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/pro-obama-ad-ties-romney-womans-death-cancer/story?id=16947016

Just more obamaloney

Gerry Clinchy
08-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I just read an article on this ad as well ... this is truly a down-and-dirty campaign!

The article I read gave an outline of a timeline ... Romney left Bain in 1999, and that was before the plant shutdown ... and this woman died in 2006. The scenario is plausible that the woman delayed medical care due to lack of insurance, but I'd say this is extreme.

I guess this was one ad that didn't carry the trailer: "I'm Barack Obama, and I approved this message"?

Jason Glavich
08-08-2012, 06:56 AM
This type of ad reminds me of a guy who said if everyone was responsible for someone elses woes then when I was in High school the girls I went to school with caused my carpal tunnel...

road kill
08-08-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMkmxJ3P9Tw&feature=youtu.be

Even CNN calls the liars out on this crock of crap.
Never fret though, I'm sure we will be told it's out of context and what was really meant!!!!:p

Down East Labs 217
08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
I see Sambo hasn't said his peace on this ad. Where is Buzz, Sarge, and the rest. I thought for sure they would come to Obama's rescue on this ad. Oh wait a minute, it isn't Obamas ad it is a super pac ad and he has no control over them. Right!

My opinion

Richard

gmhr1
08-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Don't worry today is a new day Obama will find some new mud to sling.

zeus3925
08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
I see Sambo hasn't said his peace on this ad. Where is Buzz, Sarge, and the rest. I thought for sure they would come to Obama's rescue on this ad. Oh wait a minute, it isn't Obamas ad it is a super pac ad and he has no control over them. Right!

My opinion

Richard

I don't defend crap like that.

Jim Danis
08-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Desperate measures for desperate people!

gmhr1
08-08-2012, 09:42 AM
You can't defend it and they should be writing , calling & demanding they stop. Obama said he would go to Washington and change it when all he has done is bring his dirty street fighting attitude . If he hs done such a great job why cant he ever mention that in his speech talk about all the wonderful things he has done and why he should have another chance not act like a high school punk calling Romney names. I have not heard anything positive out of Obamas mouth. Its a sad state when Americans can look at this guy and stand up for him it speaks loud about our Country and where we are going. ( My opinion)

Gerry Clinchy
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM
His wife reportedly had her own health insurance after Soptic left GST. And Romney had long since left Bain Capital at the time of her death.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/08/steelworker-in-super-pac-ad-previously-appeared-in-obama-ads/#ixzz22ygfOFG1

The Obama campaign claims to know nothing about this man ... yet he has already appeared in two previous ads that were for the Obama campaign ... not for the superPAC group.

zeus3925
08-08-2012, 01:48 PM
You can't defend it and they should be writing , calling & demanding they stop. Obama said he would go to Washington and change it when all he has done is bring his dirty street fighting attitude . If he hs done such a great job why cant he ever mention that in his speech talk about all the wonderful things he has done and why he should have another chance not act like a high school punk calling Romney names. I have not heard anything positive out of Obamas mouth. Its a sad state when Americans can look at this guy and stand up for him it speaks loud about our Country and where we are going. ( My opinion)

I said I don't defend crap like that. I would hope we could campaign in a more civilized manner, but then dirty deeds have become an unfortunate part of today's politics. Remember Nixon's plumbers? Or how about the Swift Boat Veterans? Willy Horton? I'm not for that crap either and I hope you are not too, Cindi.

gmhr1
08-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Obama doesn't have to get down and dirty but he chooses to than he says it's not my fault it's the super pacs fault, of course obama called his donors and told them to give lots of money to the super PAC but he doesn't knnow anything about these ads. I would like to see him run on his record He should be man enough to say he doesn't agree with all the lies that are being told.

zeus3925
08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I have conducted several campaigns for public referenda. During campaigns renegades for either side tend to pop up. They often believe that either the opponent or your side are not being mean enough or orthodox enough or addressing the right issues. My experience is that these groups are beyond any control by the "official" campaign organizations because of that mind set.

road kill
08-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I said I don't defend crap like that. I would hope we could campaign in a more civilized manner, but then dirty deeds have become an unfortunate part of today's politics. Remember Nixon's plumbers? Or how about the Swift Boat Veterans? Willy Horton? I'm not for that crap either and I hope you are not too, Cindi.
So you are all right with Kerry's concocted military record??

Stolen Honor doesn't sit well here!:cool:

gmhr1
08-08-2012, 02:27 PM
if they are beyond his control (seems everything is ) he can still make a statement saying he doesnt agree with what these ads or what Harry Reid said.

zeus3925
08-08-2012, 02:34 PM
if they are beyond his control (seems everything is ) he can still make a statement saying he doesnt agree with what these ads or what Harry Reid said.

I don't know about Harry Reid's sources, but I see this as an opportunity to show the world he is a "Big Liar" and could possibly lead to his political demise.

As for the 'Romney causes cancer', a statement might be helpful. But, who is going to believe that line in the first place?

road kill
08-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't know about Harry Reid's sources, but I see this as an opportunity to show the world he is a "Big Liar" and could possibly lead to his political demise.

As for the 'Romney causes cancer', a statement might be helpful. But, who is going to believe that line in the first place?
sambo?

What do I win????:p

helencalif
08-08-2012, 02:42 PM
The thing is... this ad and the other Obama ads are effective. Most folks who see them believe them; they don't make an effort to find out if they are factual or not. I mean... a president wouldn't lie or distort, would he? He wouldn't have people on his team who lie and distort, would he?

I am in the crowd that says...
Romney will release a year of tax returns if Obama will release his school records from Columbia that have been sealed.
Romey will release another year of tax returns if Obama will release his records from Harvard.

I am still wondering how a poor high school kid with poor grades got into Occidental and then got into Columbia and then got into Harvard.

Helen

gmhr1
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree with you but thats what I mean why does anyone have to stoop this low especially someone who is supposed to be our leader. He should say this has gone far enough and run an honest campaign both sides should do this.

This ad has been proven to be a lie . Obamas deputy campign manager caught in a lie and it was put out by a former Obama campaign manager Obama needs to at least talk about it and say he is not responsible. He would score big points Im sure

zeus3925
08-08-2012, 03:24 PM
So you are all right with Kerry's concocted military record??

Stolen Honor doesn't sit well here!:cool:

The problem with ignoring a big lie is that it becomes a perceived truth. Kerry waited too long to respond and thus the perception still remains.

Same thing could happen to Romney. Reid's statement is now 2 weeks old. The press won't let it die. The perception will be inevitably that Romney is hiding something. He has been promising to release two years of returns. He should make good on that as a starter. Ten years of records where he paid taxes ought to knock ol' Harry back in his hole for good.

BonMallari
08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
The problem with ignoring a big lie is that it becomes a perceived truth. Kerry waited too long to respond and thus the perception still remains.

Same thing could happen to Romney. Reid's statement is now 2 weeks old. The press won't let it die. The perception will be inevitably that Romney is hiding something. He has been promising to release two years of returns. He should make good on that as a starter. Ten years of records where he paid taxes ought to knock ol' Harry back in his hole for good.

He already released the two years of records, and the PAC's pounced on the data.....all that will happen by releasing ten more years will give them more fodder to show how wealthy he is and try and make him more villainous to lower and middle class mentality....it works, can't tell you how many of my uneducated co workers have already bought into the narrative that Romney is some uber rich dude and has no idea about the working class..

Harry aint goin nowhere....he has four more years on this term and like Pelosi is drunk on his own power, as we say here in Vegas, he is playing with house money...

gmhr1
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Obamas deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter says she doesn't know the facts concerning the case of joe soptic but reports show she hosted a conference call facts about joe the guy featured in the romney killed my wife ad back in may joe also previously appeared in an Obama campaign ads and was featured in a profile on the campaign website. This shows the campaign is involved with the super PAC which is against voting laws. Gee this means they lie.

BonMallari
08-09-2012, 12:02 AM
as Dick Morris pointed out tonight, all the Romney campaign has to do to counteract such a venomous mean spirited ad, is put Anne Romney front and center and show how Mitt stood by her side while she battled cancer...unlike another disgraceful candidate who had an affair and had a child while his spouse lost her battle to that horrific disease

IMO what happens to ALL these PAC's is that get so obsessed with capturing the office, it becomes awin at all costs mentality, and the end justifies the means...both sides are guilty as he!!...its made politics the sleaziest of all professions and pursuits..all in the name of power

Gerry Clinchy
08-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Gee this means they lie.
What? A politician would lie?

gmhr1
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Its just another Obama lie that will be swept under the rug unless it was Romneys side than we would hear about it 24/7 When a man will sink this low, say anything step for a vote wait till he unveils his plans for us the next four years. He wont be facing reelection so theres nothing he won't do This is the real Obama. Now that he has taken the work requirement out of unemployment 100 million people are now on welfare, and 800,000 women unemployed at least they get free birth control . Thats one good thing!

Gerry Clinchy
08-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I heard the audio on the ad today ... boy, it does make it sound like this lady died very shortly after the man lost his health insurance; and certainly neglects to mention that she DID have health insurance for two years after his plant closing through her own job. She subsequently lost her own job ... so how come no ads indicting that employer for its heartlessness?

I have a friend who still supports Obama ... we agree not to talk politics ... she is a very decent, honest, straight-up person. Would not people like her be turned off by this down-and-dirty kind of ad?

I don't think that a SuperPAC would continue to run an ad if the candidate made it known that he disapproved of it. In this case, the ad alienates so many people that it cannot be doing the candidate any good.

I hope that the Romney campaign is saving up all these innuendos for ads of his own in October that enumerates all this low-down stuff ... and simply ask if the country really wants to move forward with this kind of change for the worse?

road kill
08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
There is more;

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/too-...beating-women/

These are some really nice people, aren't they?

Sundown49 aka Otey B
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
The thing is... this ad and the other Obama ads are effective. Most folks who see them believe them; they don't make an effort to find out if they are factual or not. I mean... a president wouldn't lie or distort, would he? He wouldn't have people on his team who lie and distort, would he?

I am in the crowd that says...
Romney will release a year of tax returns if Obama will release his school records from Columbia that have been sealed.
Romey will release another year of tax returns if Obama will release his records from Harvard.

I am still wondering how a poor high school kid with poor grades got into Occidental and then got into Columbia and then got into Harvard.

Helen

BEST thing I have read on here Helen.............BRAVO!!!!