PDA

View Full Version : Redwood Empire HT

Jennifer Henion
08-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Redwood Empire Retriever Club:

We are excited that this year's Hunt Test will be in Smith River, California on private ranch land. A refreshing change of scenery and test set-ups!

Reservation Ranch is the place it all started back in the 1980s for our club. But for the past several years, our Hunt Tests and Field Trials have been in the Eureka, Ca. area, 2 hours south on Hwy 101. This location is also only 2 hours from Medford, Oregon.

Hotel and RV camping are available nearby on the scenic mouth of the Smith River at Ship Ashore Motel. There will be a BBQ dinner and Raffle Saturday evening at the Ship Ashore club house.

Dates: August 25 and 26, 2012

Jennifer Henion

Kerry Lavin
08-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I just entered. Entries close Wednesday.

Jennifer, can you describe the grounds for us? Kind of terrain, cover, water, etc.

Thanks! Looking forward to escaping the heat of the valley and playing with dogs on the coast!

Jennifer Henion
08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I just entered. Entries close Wednesday.

Jennifer, can you describe the grounds for us? Kind of terrain, cover, water, etc.

Thanks! Looking forward to escaping the heat of the valley and playing with dogs on the coast!

Glad you're coming Kerry!

I'm busy at work, now but will give you a description later this afternoon. Temps should be in the low 60s during day, and 50s at night.

Jennifer

Jennifer Henion
08-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Kerry, a description of the area: It is farm/pasture land and river/slough water near the river's mouth on the coast. If you go to Google maps and plug in Crescent City, Ca. then scroll up north along Hwy 101, then look for the junction of Hwy 101 with Sarina Road. That's the road you'll turn on to go to the tests. The area is between Sarina Rd and north to Lopez St. If you click on "satellite map" it will show a very good likeness of the terrain and water. It is pretty flat with some natural dips and rises.

See you there!

Jennifer

Kerry Lavin
08-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Jennifer! Checked it out on Google Maps. Looks wonderful! It was 109 here today and I am SO looking forward to the 50-60 degree temps!

I am running both the Senior and Master. If you guys need any help, please holler.

Kerry

Jennifer Henion
08-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the offer Kerry, I'll be aiding in marshalling the Senior, so I'll look for your name on the 25th. Good luck!

pheona
08-14-2012, 11:11 PM
This area is great lots of attractions to check out along with the redwoods. I remember doing the test in the bay with cattle troughs. Patricia Polish-Schoener put on one of my favorite test i have run.