PDA

View Full Version : Todd Akin!!!

HPL
08-21-2012, 10:08 PM
About all I have to say is DAMN!!! Is the RNC going to have to vet everything any candidate is going to say?? Just as we may be getting a little traction, somebody has to make a jackass statement like that. There's one senate seat we are sure to lose now!!!

BonMallari
08-21-2012, 10:15 PM
About all I have to say is DAMN!!! Is the RNC going to have to vet everything any candidate is going to say?? Just as we may be getting a little traction, somebody has to make a jackass statement like that. There's one senate seat we are sure to lose now!!!

he should have his azzz kicked....beating McCaskill should have been a slam dunk and he has managed to screw it up and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...Akin is an idiot

HPL
08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
he should have his azzz kicked....beating McCaskill should have been a slam dunk and he has managed to screw it up and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...Akin is an idiot

Could we refer to that as "pulling a Biden"? I think that the RNC should say "well, someone once said that there is a jackass in every crowd, and now we know who ours is"!

Really makes me want to just go out in the monte and scream!

Buzz
08-21-2012, 10:55 PM
There's one senate seat we are sure to lose now!!!

You sure about that? It'll hurt and help him. He's motivating the base.

BonMallari
08-21-2012, 11:21 PM

what base ? he survived the run off by getting a measley 36%, this is the Sharron Angle saga all over again, a marginal candidate that catered to a fringe of the Party...you have everyone from Sarah P. to Mitt to the talking heads asking for him to drop out, so which base is he motivating...not buying it ....He will be a pariah within the pariah, NO ONE wants to be associated with him, and EVERYONE is trying like heck to attach him to the R&R ticket

HPL
08-21-2012, 11:58 PM

Motivating the base and making everyone else think you are 1. dumb as a stick or 2. completely culturally tone deaf, is no way to win an election. This motivating the base stuff may be great for the primaries, but in the general election, you better be able to build a consensus and I personally love what Newt said about that in one of his lectures. He named several so called Republican positions that are actually about 75-85% positions across the electorate and suggested that our candidates should "stand by those issues and smile".

In this general election, no republican should say anything about abortion. No smart conservative should ask the candidates their positions at this point, and the folks running certainly should not volunteer information. Talk about the economy, talk about job creation, talk about fuel prices, and so on. Stay away from abortion, immigration, etc. Stay on topic. Pols seem to indicate that the economy is the most important issue so grab it, hang on, and stay on topic, stay on topic, stay on topic!!!

Franco
08-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Todd Akin is on topic. Have any of you read the party platform that will be presented next week? The Dems have this one by the tail and ain't letting go. Mitt may have to do something bold to pull this one out cause the Dems won't let the issue go away. Not with attacks on Planned Parenthood and the preceived attacks on birth control. Repubs have painted themselves clearly in the corner!

charly_t
08-22-2012, 12:44 AM
He should have stepped down today. I understood that it was possible but it seems he did not. Has he never read about all the the women impregnated by enemy troops during world war 2. Where's the duct tape ?

BonMallari
08-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Motivating the base and making everyone else think you are 1. dumb as a stick or 2. completely culturally tone deaf, is no way to win an election. This motivating the base stuff may be great for the primaries, but in the general election, you better be able to build a consensus and I personally love what Newt said about that in one of his lectures. He named several so called Republican positions that are actually about 75-85% positions across the electorate and suggested that our candidates should "stand by those issues and smile".

In this general election, no republican should say anything about abortion. No smart conservative should ask the candidates their positions at this point, and the folks running certainly should not volunteer information. Talk about the economy, talk about job creation, talk about fuel prices, and so on. Stay away from abortion, immigration, etc. Stay on topic. Pols seem to indicate that the economy is the most important issue so grab it, hang on, and stay on topic, stay on topic, stay on topic!!!

That is the winning strategy right there....let the numbers speak volumes about this admin being inept....gas is higher again,unemployment, housing....the economy is where thsi should be won or lost

Ken Bora
08-22-2012, 05:57 AM
this dill hole will not drop out of the race.
seems like Ron White, is right.
you cant fix stupid!
hope that state spots the other repub in the race

PamK
08-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I watched an interview of him this morning. When asked if what he said was a mistake then what was he really trying to say. Akin didn't answer the question.

He is saying that he used one wrong word, legimate. Sadly he is on a Science committee and unfortunately I think there are many people out there that belive what he said was true.

mudminnow
08-22-2012, 10:30 AM
what he said is no different than what the crazy liberal whoopi goldberg said a few years ago about the difference between "rape" and "rape rape". He is under scrutiny more because he is a politician, but he says that at the end of the day he is mainly concerned with the life of the child. I think he is a bit crazy but i am in the same theological camp as he is that believes God is completely sovereign and never says woops. There is not a happy answer to this one way or the other. Akin, while defending the rights of the child, was insensitive to the situation and the victim that brought the child into being.

achiro
08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
First, I think what he said was completely stupid and think he should step down just because anyone that would say something so dumb while running for office probably isn't smart enough to be making decisions required of a Senator. (although if being smart were required I'm not sure how many would be left).
I saw more of the interview this morning, he was asked how he could defend his stance on no abortion, even in cases of rape. His answer(whether you agree with his opinion or not) should have been more along the lines of, " I believe that abortion is murder, no matter how tragic the circumstances of conception, it is still a life". Instead he just got stupid. When he said, "legitimate rape", I'm certain he wasn't saying that there is illegitimate rape. He believes that the stresses of rape would prevent pregnancy, and that women could use it as an excuse to get an abortion even if they hadn't "legitimately" been raped.
I have heard that reasoning for years so it isn't something he came up with on his own.
Again, I want to clarify that I think he is stupid and should step down, just trying to make some kind of sense as to what the heck he could have been thinking.

gmhr1
08-22-2012, 10:41 AM
He may win look at Scott Walker everybody wanted him out to. He's stupid if he believes what he said but there are alot of stupid people in the WH that say Dumb things everyday no one calls for them to resign.

Gerry Clinchy
08-23-2012, 02:02 PM
First, I think what he said was completely stupid and think he should step down just because anyone that would say something so dumb while running for office probably isn't smart enough to be making decisions required of a Senator. (although if being smart were required I'm not sure how many would be left).
I saw more of the interview this morning, he was asked how he could defend his stance on no abortion, even in cases of rape. His answer(whether you agree with his opinion or not) should have been more along the lines of, " I believe that abortion is murder, no matter how tragic the circumstances of conception, it is still a life". Instead he just got stupid. When he said, "legitimate rape", I'm certain he wasn't saying that there is illegitimate rape. He believes that the stresses of rape would prevent pregnancy, and that women could use it as an excuse to get an abortion even if they hadn't "legitimately" been raped.
I have heard that reasoning for years so it isn't something he came up with on his own.
Again, I want to clarify that I think he is stupid and should step down, just trying to make some kind of sense as to what the heck he could have been thinking.

He also apologized for his poor choice of words. Still stupid, but at least he apologized for his choice of words, and still stood by his belief on right to life.

With all this talk about Akin's choice of words, hardly a murmur about the MN Democrat who admitted to a rest stop, sexual liaison with a 17 yr old boy. D's are also asking him to step down. He is not being prosecuted because the boy was over the age of 16 (I guess in some states that "legal" age might be 18?) Forget about the same-sex thing ... I'm more concerned about the age of the "partner". This sounds like someone who is just one step away from pedophilia.

huntinman
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Heck, we have a president that thinks he has been to 57 states with 1 more to go...

Eric Johnson
08-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Didn't Senator Al Franken used joke about rape on Saturday Night Live?

Curiously, he's been campaigning for the Obama-Biden ticket without comment from women's groups, the DNC, or for that matter....Obama or Biden.

road kill
08-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Didn't Senator Al Franken used joke about rape on Saturday Night Live?

Curiously, he's been campaigning for the Obama-Biden ticket without comment from women's groups, the DNC, or for that matter....Obama or Biden.

Senator Famous for Joking About Rape Campaigns for Obama, Biden
12:29 PM, Aug 23, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPERSingle Page

Earlier this week, Senator Al Franken of Minnesota joined Vice President Joe Biden for a campaign event in Minnesota.

"Biden got plenty of support from Minnesota Democrats," PostBulletin.com reports. "Sen. Al Franken praised Obama for pushing the health care law, saying it will help more seniors get help paying for prescriptions and will ensure Medicare's solvency for an additional eight years."

But before Franken was a senator he was a writer on the TV show Saturday Night Live. Then, he famously joked about raping CBS reporter Lesley Stahl.

As New York magazine reported in 1995, from a writing session that the reporter sat in on:

Franken: “And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.’ Or, ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘When she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”With the national conversation now turning to women's issues as a result of the bizarre and offensive comments by Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin over the weekend, it seems a bit odd that Vice President Biden would take the stage with Franken, considering his own lack of sensitivity to the horrors of rape.

Hypocrisy?????

menmon
08-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Your side screws up royally and you find a way to make it Obama's fault.....Obviously there is no confidence on your side of the isle.

road kill
08-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Your side screws up royally and you find a way to make it Obama's fault.....Obviously there is no confidence on your side of the isle.
No sambo, "my side" didn't screw up.

A guy that is a member of the Republican party made a terrible mistake and your side is trying desperately to use it to change the conversation away from Obama's record.

In those efforts, your hypocrisy is made more apparent.

But that's all OK with you, because you feel it's right!!!!!

Pathetic............

BTW--This "screw up" pales in comparison to what Obama has done to America..........get my drift???

JDogger
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Hypocrisy?????

No. An SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate. Big difference, huge. As usual you are just looking for an arguement by saying, "Wah, Looky, looky a democrat did the same thing first." Hypocritical no. Childish yes.

JDogger
08-23-2012, 03:12 PM

A guy that is a member of the Republican party made a terrible mistake and your side is trying desperately to use it to change the conversation away from Obama's record.

Pathetic............

BTW--This "screw up" pales in comparison to what Obama has done to America..........get my drift???

See what I mean. You just LIKE to argue.

JDogger
08-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Pathetic............

BTW the OT was Akin not Obama. A thread gets started to post opinions on the verbal gaffe of a R. politician and you Feel compelled to try and change the topic to Obama. Pathetic;)

menmon
08-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes your side has screwed up....you have turned the majority of women off the republican party and when an election is going to be this close, you can not afford to lose a major voting group as women.

If one guy acts this way it is just the guy, but let me take you back to the Geoargetown student and Rush and how you defended him then. They get it and they want no part of it.

When you are crying in your soup after the election, you will be able to trace the defeat to your insensitivity of women. In fact the lack sensitivity for anyone. Mailman is a bum, union work is lazy and teachers are no good...that is the stereotyping the members of your party do....it turns people off. If I did agree with your policies, this rheteric would send me to hill running.

huntinman
08-23-2012, 03:46 PM
But since someone brought up HYPOCRISY, how about the keynote speaker at the DNC convention?? Slick Willie!!! Seems to me he knows a little something about the subject of Rape...

menmon
08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Consential

road kill
08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
No. An SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate. Big difference, huge. As usual you are just looking for an arguement by saying, "Wah, Looky, looky a democrat did the same thing first." Hypocritical no. Childish yes.

Isn't Franken a Senator from MN???

Try to keep up JD.
Decent effort though,"missed it by that much!!"
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx299/oscar1s/Frank/don_adams.jpg

huntinman
08-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Consential

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!

JDogger
08-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Isn't Franken a Senator from MN???

Try to keep up current JD.
Decent effort though,"missed it by that much!!"

He wasn't in 1995 when he was writing for SNL which is a comedy show unlike running for the Senate which isn't. There is an old saying about wrestling with a pig. 'Nuff said.

BonMallari
08-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Consential

did you mean this

con·sen·su·al (kn-snsh-l)
adj.
1. Of or expressing a consensus: a consensual decision.
a. Law Existing or entered into by mutual consent without formalization by document or ceremony: a consensual marriage; a consensual contract.
b. Involving the willing participation of both or all parties, especially in an illegal transaction or practice: the consensual crimes of prostitution, drug abuse, and illegal gambling.
3. Physiology
a. Of or relating to a reflexive response of one body structure following stimulation of another, such as the concurrent constriction of one pupil in response to light shined in the other.
b. Of or relating to involuntary movement of a body part accompanying voluntary movement of another.

huntinman
08-23-2012, 04:10 PM
He wasn't in 1995 when he was writing for SNL which is a comedy show unlike running for the Senate which isn't. There is an old saying about wrestling with a pig. 'Nuff said.

The Left side proved it was a total joke when they let Al Franken take a seat...

And they had to steal the votes to do it.

huntinman
08-23-2012, 04:12 PM
did you mean this

con·sen·su·al (kn-snsh-l)
adj.
1. Of or expressing a consensus: a consensual decision.
a. Law Existing or entered into by mutual consent without formalization by document or ceremony: a consensual marriage; a consensual contract.
b. Involving the willing participation of both or all parties, especially in an illegal transaction or practice: the consensual crimes of prostitution, drug abuse, and illegal gambling.
3. Physiology
a. Of or relating to a reflexive response of one body structure following stimulation of another, such as the concurrent constriction of one pupil in response to light shined in the other.
b. Of or relating to involuntary movement of a body part accompanying voluntary movement of another.

he doesn't know.

menmon
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Yep.........

Eric Johnson
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
No. An SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate. Big difference, huge.

Perhaps you can tell us just when rape is and is not a joke?

Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin?

I was taught that rape is never a joke but apparently that's just me.

road kill
08-23-2012, 07:40 PM
See what I mean. You just LIKE to argue.

Perhaps, that is what we do here, but remember the arguments are "Consential!!!"

charly_t
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Perhaps, that is what we do here, but remember the arguments are "Consential!!!"

I thought that was what this forum was for...........arguments ! Personally I like an interesting, spirited, argument.

JDogger
08-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Perhaps you can tell us just when rape is and is not a joke?

Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin? As a SNL writer/satirist yes, as a Senatorial candidate no.

I was taught that rape is never a joke but apparently that's just me.

Over the years SNL has offered comedic skits and satire, often in bad taste. One can choose to watch it or not. I do not.
Statements made by candidates for public office are given much closer scrutiny, and taken seriously, as they should be. I'm sure a search of the public record would reveal many, many cases of candidates and those already elected making spurious, inappropriate and down right stupid remarks, from both sides.
Who knows, one day Leno or Letterman or Beck may run for public office, (weirder things have happened, Reagan, Swartzenegger (sp) Ventura)? Even the messiah Romney now contradicts himself...
I think the righties trying to latch on to Franken's past, as well as Clinton's, as hypocrisy is grasping at straws.

HPL
08-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm sure a search of the public record would reveal many, many cases of candidates and those already elected making spurious, inappropriate and down right stupid remarks, from both sides.

Even the messiah Romney now contradicts himself...

Whereas I agree with the first statement, if there any messianic figure in this race it would have to be the current occupant of the white house.

Ken Bora
08-23-2012, 09:10 PM
.....I was taught that rape is never a joke but apparently that's just me.

I'm standing with Eric.

Gerry Clinchy
08-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Both Romney and Obama have publicly said that Akin's comments were inappropriate. So, shouldn't we consider this particular "issue" (if it ever was one) a "wash" for voting preferences?

menmon
08-24-2012, 09:10 AM
The republican only wish they could call this a wash....it keeps happening and happening. Years ago we had a republican with a double digit lead for governor, and in an interview he said a women should lay there and act as if she was enjoying it. He lost by double digits.

The point is that many republicans are not sensitive to others. In other words, before you speak out of your a<<.....THINK

huntinman
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
The republican only wish they could call this a wash....it keeps happening and happening. Years ago we had a republican with a double digit lead for governor, and in an interview he said a women should lay there and act as if she was enjoying it. He lost by double digits.

The point is that many republicans are not sensitive to others. In other words, before you speak out of your a<<.....THINK

Care to back that up with facts? Or is it more of your usual BS?

Gerry Clinchy
08-24-2012, 09:44 AM

So Akin should lose? Maybe he should. But that has nothing to do with Romney/Obama.

And even if there are Rs who are "not sensitive to others", it does not appear that Romney is in agreement with Akin, so what's the point in ascribing the views of Akin to Romney?

I promise to "THINK" ... if you will promise to do the same.

BonMallari
08-24-2012, 09:48 AM

There you go again making GENERALIZATIONS about a group of people

ARay11
08-24-2012, 10:34 AM
a quick (although UN scientific) poll amongst my girl friends (asked whether Akin has an affect on their vote)....

"We will vote Romeny/Ryan regardless of what some other idiot in another state says. R&R didn't say it and the guy who did is NOT running for President. We do not think the Republicans are waging a war against women. We think the Dems believe we are stupid or something and we are tired of being lumped into one "group" as if we cannot think for ourselves.
Besides that...Paul Ryan is a Hottie.!!"

Jason Glavich
08-24-2012, 11:00 AM
"The point is that many Politicians are not sensitive to others. In other words, before you speak out of your a<<.....THINK "

Biden should take that advice, as Should Obama. All politicians will offend someone at some point as will most people.
People need to toughen up.

I do not agree with what Akin said though.

Eric Johnson
08-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Mr. JDogger-

>Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin? (Your words)As a SNL writer/satirist yes, as a Senatorial candidate no.<

It has now come to light that Franken has at least made homophobic remarks if indeed he is not a homophobe ... as well as a rapist humorist. Yet the democrats got behind his election and are poo-pooing his remarks while pointing at Akin's. There's the rub.....the Republicans have requested, repeatedly, that Akin withdraw from the race. The dems just kept promoting Franken. See the difference?

coachmo
08-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Sambo, Sambo, Sambo since you tend to overgeneralize with your posts like many republicans are not sensitive to others, instead of "some" is like me saying that all liberals are ignorant instead of most, wait I mean some.

JDogger
08-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Mr. JDogger-

>Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin? (Your words)As a SNL writer/satirist yes, as a Senatorial candidate no.<

It has now come to light that Franken has at least made homophobic remarks if indeed he is not a homophobe ... as well as a rapist humorist. Yet the democrats got behind his election and are poo-pooing his remarks while pointing at Akin's. There's the rub.....the Republicans have requested, repeatedly, that Akin withdraw from the race. The dems just kept promoting Franken. See the difference?

I did not like Franken as a humorist and do not care for him as a politician. I disagree with Akins remarks, but since I reside neither in Minnesota nor Missouri it's a moot point. What other people think or say about them is their choice.

charly_t
08-24-2012, 02:15 PM
.................................................. ..........................................

I'm sorry, sorry, sorry but I just got to say it. "many men are not sensitive to others" ( of course the same can be said of women ). So what is the point since both "sides" have these kinds of people opening their mouths and letting things leak out that are dumb. ;-) Pick and choose who you vote for, not the party line.

road kill
08-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry, sorry, sorry but I just got to say it. "many men are not sensitive to others" ( of course the same can be said of women ). So what is the point since both "sides" have these kinds of people opening their mouths and letting things leak out that are dumb. ;-) Pick and choose who you vote for, not the party line.

Joe Biden=Mr. Sensitive
Debbie Shulz-Wasserman=MS. Sensitive

See what I'm sayin'????????

coachmo
08-24-2012, 02:21 PM
RK,
They see but they'll never admit!!!!!

menmon
08-24-2012, 02:25 PM
It is the party of insensitivity! Throw those free loaders on the street, lay back and act like you like it, lazy union workers, bad teachers, evil muslims...I can keep giving examples.

The point is that if you hold true to this conservative thinking....it is insensitive. That is how the politicians get you excited, but none govern there because they can't.

Now the party of sensitivity (democrats) makes promises to many folks too, but they can't govern there either.

coachmo
08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
So let me get this straight, if you believe in conservative values then by default you are insensitive. What a crock of crap! I catch as much flack from idiots in America for being a Catholic as the poor muslims get. I also give a great deal to our church and other charities to help others in need; however, since I believe in small government, individuals being responsible for their own actions, don't believe an unborn child should be killed, etc. etc. I am somehow insensitive. You must have started hitting the bottle pretty early today. Give me a break!!!

coachmo
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Here's on for you Sambo, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln

mngundog
08-24-2012, 02:40 PM
So let me get this straight, if you believe in conservative values then by default you are insensitive. What a crock of crap! I catch as much flack from idiots in America for being a Catholic as the poor muslims get. I also give a great deal to our church and other charities to help others in need; however, since I believe in small government, individuals being responsible for their own actions, don't believe an unborn child should be killed, etc. etc. I am somehow insensitive. You must have started hitting the bottle pretty early today. Give me a break!!!
Interesting, I can't think of even one instance that I have caught any flack for being Catholic.

coachmo
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Then let me replace Catholic with Christian. If you don't hear, read or experience the flack that is directed at Christians not on in the USA but across the world you are either very fortunate or living under a rock. Furthermore, I have never shown any kind of resentment, hostility or prejudice towards any person of faith but according to your comrade most conservatives vilify and hate muslims.

menmon
08-24-2012, 03:10 PM
That was a real sensitive post you wrote:(

It does not matter if you are right are wrong....its insensitive.

Have you every taken time for someone asking for help knowing you were unable to help them, but the fact that they could share their pain made them feel better.

You guys don't listen....Rush has done such a good job programing you to think this way. Hell the tea party wants you to do away with everything, and when bad things start happening, like people getting sick from tainted food because you did away with the FDA; the river you like to hunt and fish on is dead because you did away with the EPA, mail cost you a $1 per letter because you did away with the post office, so you will start complaining that those government workers are lazy bums. The real waste has been these two wars that none of you complain about.

huntinman
08-24-2012, 03:42 PM

Have you every taken time for someone asking for help knowing you were unable to help them, but the fact that they could share their pain made them feel better.

You guys don't listen....Rush has done such a good job programing you to think this way. Hell the tea party wants you to do away with everything, and when bad things start happening, like people getting sick from tainted food because you did away with the FDA; the river you like to hunt and fish on is dead because you did away with the EPA, mail cost you a $1 per letter because you did away with the post office, so you will start complaining that those government workers are lazy bums. The real waste has been these two wars that none of you complain about.

As usual Sambo, you are full of baloney. It is a proven fact that conservatives give more to charity than libs. And recent studies show that Red states are more giving than blue states... not surprising. libs talk a good game, but like to use other peoples money. You just like to talk period.

john fallon
08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
When someone makes a statement of fact, why does it have to be politically correct ?
While we are on the subject of political correctness "sambo" I don't think your handle is all that PC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambo_(racial_term)
john

road kill
08-24-2012, 04:37 PM

Hey, sambo, since you are all knowing on sensitivity I want to ask.
How would you rate me on sensitivity and compassion for my fellow man.
Clearly I am a right-wing "extremist," (you progressives use that word a lot lately).

Just askin'...........

charly_t
08-24-2012, 05:09 PM
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Now the party of sensitivity (democrats) ............................

Not by a long shot. Like I said before, we have those in every political party who are insensitive and talk too much. I have not been counting the goofs made by both sides. I can sure tell you though that the democrats are not being the party of sensitivity. Watch who you vote for on both sides.

luvmylabs23139
08-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Sambo I'm actually proud that a liberal would call me insensitive. I much prefer to be honest! I have total disgust for " political correctness". It is a pile of dog doo.
People who refuse to stand on their own two feet and would rather suck off of the taxpayer need a swift kick to the curb. It's called lough love. I'd rather be that than an enabler like the "CHOSEN ONE", AKA the FOOD STAMP KING.

gmhr1
08-24-2012, 06:10 PM
I would like to see the news ask Obama about his support of partial birth abortions and see if he gets half the coverage Akin recieved or if anyone calls for him to step down. Akin has raised $100,000 since this comment was made.

Cody Covey
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Your reading comprehension must be about as good as your spelling! You will find many times (even quite a few recently) the conservatives on this board have spoken out about the wars and how they are a waste of money. For whatever reason you feel it is better to spout off libtard talking points than sticking to the facts. That's fine but just realize your fantasy is not the real world and your understanding of what conservatives are for or against is severely lacking.