PDA

View Full Version : The Speech The GOP Doesn't Want Americans To Hear!

Franco
08-25-2012, 11:30 AM
A little competition has them worried.;)

I'm all for Free Speech and listening to different ideas!

From Tampa, tomorrow evening:)

http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-move-quell-ron-paul-discontent-tampa-convention-194500259.html

duckheads
08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds like the RP supporters are sore losers and are going to be disruptive as possible. Why doesn't that suprise me? I guess they would rather see Obama get another four years than Romney get elected. Maybe Romney should come out and say he supports the legalization of MJ and they would love him!

Franco
08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Sounds like the RP supporters are sore losers and are going to be disruptive as possible. Why doesn't that suprise me? I guess they would rather see Obama get another four years than Romney get elected. Maybe Romney should come out and say he supports the legalization of MJ and they would love him!

What wrong, can't handle a little competition? Back when the two parties were less dyfunctional, the nomination was decided at the conventions. The way the RNC and media treated the RP campaign, people should be a little pissed!

Some people want reform and others more of the same failed politics that has come from both the Dems and Repubs.

Uncle Bill
08-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Give it a rest Franco. For all your intelligence are you willing to throw your vote in the trashcan? Have you forgotten what the side effects an Obama re-election will carry? So hold your nose and do what must be done FIRST...then you can lobby all you want to get this nation back on track. UB

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is
the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election.

If Mitt wins the nomination, I will enthusiastically
support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I'd just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78
2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year
3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August
4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.

In addition,

[*=center]Justice Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer.

[*=center]Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.

The next president could appoint as many as 4 new Justices over next 8 years. This election is about more than ObamaCare Tax.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one new member of the Supreme Court, in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don't think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you're smokin' something
funky.

So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn't get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can't win, imagine this:

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER?

After you have stopped gasping, kindly forward this to your list of concerned citizens.....

BonMallari
08-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Ron Paul had all spring, the debates and the primary season to practice Free Speech, the electorate listened and voiced their opinion in the form of voting and caucuses...the RP supporters want to extend a game that has already been decided

here is a sports metaphor you may understand...the sports clock reads 00:00, you have been handily outscored, its time to walk across the field and extend your hand and be a gentleman and wish your opponent good luck in the championship game

any disruption at the convention would just prove that RP has his own personal agenda and that beating BHO and pledging during the debates that he would do everything he could to work toward that goal is all hat and no cattle...Ron Paul can do the right thing and ask his supporters to quell their planned disruptive behavior...the person who will get hurt the most or get helped the most by them being civil is his son Rand Paul, he has a bright future, why ruin the brand name

Franco
08-25-2012, 01:25 PM
UB, RP has earned a prominent speak spot at the convention. It would go a long way in recruiting support for Romney. Not the video tribute the RNC has planned, where they get to control the message. That jesture of appeasement will not make RP bite his tongue Sunday evening! RP will step aside after this week but, the movement lives on!

Franco
08-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Ron Paul had all spring, the debates and the primary season to practice Free Speech, the electorate listened and voiced their opinion in the form of voting and caucuses...the RP supporters want to extend a game that has already been decided

here is a sports metaphor you may understand...the sports clock reads 00:00, you have been handily outscored, its time to walk across the field and extend your hand and be a gentleman and wish your opponent good luck in the championship game

any disruption at the convention would just prove that RP has his own personal agenda and that beating BHO and pledging during the debates that he would do everything he could to work toward that goal is all hat and no cattle...Ron Paul can do the right thing and ask his supporters to quell their planned disruptive behavior...the person who will get hurt the most or get helped the most by them being civil is his son Rand Paul, he has a bright future, why ruin the brand name

But, the clock still has two minutes left. RP with a 1st and 10 at his own twenty!

Mitt is only the PRESUMPTIVE nominee at this time, other voices still to he heard.;)

BuddyJ
08-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Ron Paul has about as much chance as a snow ball in hell, it's not about egos, it's about the future of the country.

Terri
08-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I hate to say it again, but I do not think we have hit rock bottom. Looks like we will have at least four more years of BO.
Terri

Franco
08-25-2012, 05:17 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/486534_10151311187762415_1070673946_n.jpg

john fallon
08-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Let us suppose for arguments sake that the Tea Party Movement's platform is what I have in mind for the country. Do they have someone to run that can beat BHO.....Even if he could. Ron Paul is 77 YO, for crying out loud, around the same age as the Supreme Court Justices that we are worrying about retiring:rolleyes:

At this point we need a two term candidate.

john

huntinman
08-26-2012, 09:56 AM
UB, RP has earned a prominent speak spot at the convention. It would go a long way in recruiting support for Romney. Not the video tribute the RNC has planned, where they get to control the message. That jesture of appeasement will not make RP bite his tongue Sunday evening! RP will step aside after this week but, the movement lives on!

That's funny, seems to me "the movement" as you call it petered out in just about every state and staggered to the finish with Ron Paul suspending his campaign before the actual end. If he thought it actually "lived on", would he have just quit like he did??

Gerry Clinchy
08-26-2012, 12:02 PM
If RP's son, Rand, has put his backing to Romney ... I think that gives us reason to believe that RP's supporters need to do that, too. Or is that just too simple for the complex world of politics?

Franco
08-26-2012, 12:04 PM
What will be missing at the RNC Convention? Integrity!

Although there has been speculation for weeks that Ron Paul was never invited to speak at the convention, it has been recently revealed that he was offered a speaking spot but it came with 2 strings attached. He would have to submit his speech for approval and vetting by the Romney team. He would also have to fully endorse Mitt Romney for President. Dr. Paul declined the offer due to these compromising conditions. In an interview reported by the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/us/politics/ron-paul-passing-torch-to-a-libertarian-legion.html?pagewanted=all), he is quoted as saying that "It wouldn't be my speech" and "That would undo everything I have done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for President."

http://www.examiner.com/article/worldwide-press-coverage-expected-for-ron-paul-s-rally-at-sun-dome

And John, RP is NOT a Tea Party person and never been a so-called member. The Teas backed big spending Rick Santorum!

M&K's Retrievers
08-26-2012, 12:11 PM
What will be missing at the RNC Convention? Integrity!

Although there has been speculation for weeks that Ron Paul was never invited to speak at the convention, it has been recently revealed that he was offered a speaking spot but it came with 2 strings attached. He would have to submit his speech for approval and vetting by the Romney team. He would also have to fully endorse Mitt Romney for President. Dr. Paul declined the offer due to these compromising conditions. In an interview reported by the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/us/politics/ron-paul-passing-torch-to-a-libertarian-legion.html?pagewanted=all), he is quoted as saying that "It wouldn't be my speech" and "That would undo everything I have done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for President."

http://www.examiner.com/article/worldwide-press-coverage-expected-for-ron-paul-s-rally-at-sun-dome

And John, RP is NOT a Tea Party person and never been a so-called member. The Teas backed big spending Rick Santorum!

That would be the one bill he sponsored and got passed. Give me a break.

Franco
08-26-2012, 12:17 PM
That would be the one bill he sponsored and got passed. Give me a break.

In case you haven't noticed, Congress has been dysfunctional for the last couple of decades! They like spending money we don't have, limiting our Liberty and passing bills that caters to the lowest common denominator.

Ron Paul political deciples.
http://www.startribune.com/politics/158383225.html?refer=y

BonMallari
08-26-2012, 12:29 PM
the RNC knows that in order to beat BHO they have to show a united front and message, they wont risk any loose cannons, like Palin, RP,or Santorum straying off point and trying to further their own personal agendas....it looks as if Newt Gingrich is the only former candidate that has put the good of the country above his own personal beliefs, Santorum released his delegates, but has been quiet as a church mouse, same with Gov Goodhair (Perry)

I dont expect any of the former candidates to give Mitt the big reach around, but I do expect them to show the same spirit that they pledged during the primary season to defeat BHO, their silence shows they were willing to say and do anything to get the nomination..

Ron Paul will soon be a footnote in politics, his followers will find someone else to rally behind

Franco
08-26-2012, 12:45 PM
the RNC knows that in order to beat BHO they have to show a united front and message, they wont risk any loose cannons, like Palin, RP,or Santorum straying off point and trying to further their own personal agendas....it looks as if Newt Gingrich is the only former candidate that has put the good of the country above his own personal beliefs, Santorum released his delegates, but has been quiet as a church mouse, same with Gov Goodhair (Perry)

I dont expect any of the former candidates to give Mitt the big reach around, but I do expect them to show the same spirit that they pledged during the primary season to defeat BHO, their silence shows they were willing to say and do anything to get the nomination..

Ron Paul will soon be a footnote in politics, his followers will find someone else to rally behind

That doesn't say much for Newt. That he would be a politician above what he feels is best for the country, integrity out the window!

Obama or Romney, nothing will change.

BonMallari
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
That doesn't say much for Newt. That he would be a politician above what he feels is best for the country, integrity out the window!

Obama or Romney, nothing will change.

actually it says a ton about Newt, he kept to his word..he vowed on stage that the single most important issue was to defeat BHO in Nov...Newt does not have to prove that he doesnt have the best intentions for the country above his own personal ambitions or agenda....

your claim that nothing will change smacks of sour grapes...I never expected you to embrace ANY nominee except RP, but what is more important to you...the good of the Nation or your ideology shaped by RP ...

Mitt was not my first choice but I will back him 100% because IMO he is better than the current resident of the WH, and because he will do a better job of bring back the US to the type of nation that it deserves to be, and that is good for the country as a whole...

Clay Rogers
08-26-2012, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Franco;1002535]That doesn't say much for Newt. That he would be a politician above what he feels is best for the country, integrity out the window!

Obama or Romney, nothing will change.[/QUOTE

Maybe he feels four years of Mitt is better than four more years of BHO.

Franco
08-26-2012, 01:25 PM
actually it says a ton about Newt, he kept to his word..he vowed on stage that the single most important issue was to defeat BHO in Nov...Newt does not have to prove that he doesnt have the best intentions for the country above his own personal ambitions or agenda....

your claim that nothing will change smacks of sour grapes...I never expected you to embrace ANY nominee except RP, but what is more important to you...the good of the Nation or your ideology shaped by RP ...

Mitt was not my first choice but I will back him 100% because IMO he is better than the current resident of the WH, and because he will do a better job of bring back the US to the type of nation that it deserves to be, and that is good for the country as a whole...

Sour grapes? The American people have a chance to refrom our government and Romney offers more of the same! Even former Repub Governor Crist is endorsing Obama! That's because Romney offers nothing more than the failure of the GOP past and Crist knows it. Not to mention that Romney's Foreign Policy is another disaster waiting to happen, the guy is clueless! Romney's political views are so obviously directed by polls and NOT conviction! But, maybe this is what the GOP needs, to fall hard so that maybe, just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future. RP supporters are too principled to line up behind another political hack!

Uncle Bill
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Sour grapes? The American people have a chance to refrom our government and Romney offers more of the same! Even former Repub Governor Crist is endorsing Obama! That's because Romney offers nothing more than the failure of the GOP past and Crist knows it. Not to mention that Romney's Foreign Policy is another disaster waiting to happen, the guy is clueless! Romney's political views are so obviously directed by polls and NOT conviction! But, maybe this is what the GOP needs, to fall hard so that maybe, just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future. RP supporters are too principled to line up behind another political hack!

Just amazing. There was a time the little hand grenade with the bad haircut cornered enough voters to where we had the "first" black president elected. Now we have another batch of followers of a 3rd party, out to show us all how "principled" they are, they would gladly allow this nation to become so compromised it will take SEVERAL generations to bring it out of the abyss. Even you won't live long enough to see that happen, Mr. Principle.

Funny you should mention Crist and sour grapes in the same paragraph. You've just illustrated the epitome of sour grapes. I don't have time for "just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future", our future is NOW, and since you don't see the calamity of what your crowd will cause, we will have to draft more conservatives equipped with clothes pins, to overcome your batch of "principled" ignoramuses. All your bluster will just make the incumbant stronger. And should you and others that don't vote to remove THIS black president from office, you will be among those ignorants that are no better than the SFN, and OWS crowds that will succeed in turning this country into another Greece.

UB

Franco
08-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Just amazing. There was a time the little hand grenade with the bad haircut cornered enough voters to where we had the "first" black president elected. Now we have another batch of followers of a 3rd party, out to show us all how "principled" they are, they would gladly allow this nation to become so compromised it will take SEVERAL generations to bring it out of the abyss. Even you won't live long enough to see that happen, Mr. Principle.

Funny you should mention Crist and sour grapes in the same paragraph. You've just illustrated the epitome of sour grapes. I don't have time for "just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future", our future is NOW, and since you don't see the calamity of what your crowd will cause, we will have to draft more conservatives equipped with clothes pins, to overcome your batch of "principled" ignoramuses. All your bluster will just make the incumbant stronger. And should you and others that don't vote to remove THIS black president from office, you will be among those ignorants that are no better than the SFN, and OWS crowds that will succeed in turning this country into another Greece.

UB

The calamity is that neither Obama or Romney offers any real chance or reform. The calamity is the electorate that doesn't see the forrest for the trees; the Dems and Repubs are what got us into this mess.

I don't remember one person here on RTF that supported Romney prior to him becoming the Presumptive nominee! This attitude of anyone but Obama is nuts! Have you already forgotten the mess the Repubs created the last time?

I don't like either and I have a third party option! The "vote third party is a vote for Obama" is not a reason to vote for Romney!

Uncle Bill
08-26-2012, 04:50 PM
The calamity is that neither Obama or Romney offers any real chance or reform. The calamity is the electorate that doesn't see the forrest for the trees; the Dems and Repubs are what got us into this mess.

I don't remember one person here on RTF that supported Romney prior to him becoming the Presumptive nominee! This attitude of anyone but Obama is nuts! Have you already forgotten the mess the Repubs created the last time?

I don't like either and I have a third party option! The "vote third party is a vote for Obama" is not a reason to vote for Romney!

Then you shall reap what you sow. Unfortunately the rest of us will have to live with your shortsightedness and selfish views. After you get pissed on by the skunk in the White House, please don't cry about how bad you smell...you will be known by the company you keep, and it won't be Paul's fault. He will see the light, but I doubt your fellow bloviators will recognize what you have done.

After 4 more years of Obama, you'll pay hell explaining to your offspring what you helped cause for them.

And when Obama and his corrupt henchmen in the AG office come for my guns, you will be one of the indelible pictures in my mind as to why so many Americans are suffering under this regime.

Puff out your chest, Franco. Your principled pride is so comforting to you, but you fail to recognize the Libertarian party is well ahead of it's time. Are we supposed to pat you on the back for your stance? It won't happen, because you are just as big a fool as the rest of those voting for Obama and the Democrats. If you don't see that, then you are as blind as Sambo. At least he isn't fooling himself into thinking he's voting for something 'different'. He KNOWS what he's getting.

UB

john fallon
08-26-2012, 08:57 PM
If a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Obama, and you really won't regret the consequences of your actions, go ahead and vote third party......If you do not want four more years of Obama, perhaps you should consider the other option.

It's just that simple

john

road kill
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Frankly, it's a speech Americans don't want to hear.
We made that abundantly clear in the primaries.
The last thing we need right now are the aberrant ramblings of an angry old fool.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/Sillius_Sodus/images.jpg

What we need is a start back towards American exceptionalism.
Lower unemployment
Lower gas prices
Lower food prices
Less Govt spending

That's a start.
If you think the "Angry Old Man" can win an election on his theory of abolishing the fed, you're high!!!
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/darkxmaster/bong.gif

It really is that simple.

gmhr1
08-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Its horrible under Obama it will tear the country apart so why would you vote for a third party that can't win? Put Romney in he will not let things get as bad as they will under Obama he will save medicare for you, your kids under bo it gone..... and if you dont like him in four years he will be out. People feel now like we have no choice we have been beaten down so much we feel we have to just except Obama thats not true we are his boss he can play his games protecting Holder, & Big Janet , but now is the time we have a right to say NO MORE He cannot force this on us anymore. If you were in this much debt you would have to cut up your credit cards live on a budget tighten your belts and cut your costs the Gov has to do the same thing Obama doesnt know how to handle money he has proven that by spending 1.3 Trillion dolars in the last 12 months,when he promised he would cut the debt by half these were his own lying words. We cannot take 4 more years and we DONT HAVE TO.

Franco
08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Ending the Fed would go a long way in helping our economy get on a solid footing, not the fanasty economy that the Fed creates! But then again, Romney does believe in crony capitalism.

Looks like most Repubs here on RTF want more of the same; big spending, big government, war and limited Liberties which the Repubs are offering in 2012.

--------------------------------
As Republican National Committee officials scrambled to adjust the storm-shortened schedule for this week's convention to nominate Mitt Romney for president, Paul followers gathered across town at the University of Southern Florida's Sun Dome.
Paul, who is retiring from Congress this year after a colorful career and three failed White House runs, looked embarrassed as he got a prolonged standing ovation from an ear-splitting crowd as music thumped "Ron Paul, Ron Paul" in the background.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48797539/?ocid=ansmsnbc11

--------------------------------------------

The far-right media still has their heads stuck up their arses and didn't cover yesterday's event. How dare anyone challenge thier candidate!

--------------------------------------------

more from ABC News...
Some in the crowd said they would not support Mitt Romney in November in part because the way Ron Paul and the movement had been treated by the Republican establishment. Paul was denied the chance to offer an unvetted speech despite the fact that numerous states sent delegations to the convention dominated by Paul supporters. (Rand Paul does have a speaking slot.) One woman wore a shirt that read "Let Ron Paul Speak."
Calvin Lee, who traveled to Florida from Los Angeles to hear Paul's speech, said he felt "betrayed" by the Republican Party. "Every time you get betrayed by the party, it makes you want to stand up," the 26-year old added.
"They didn't earn my vote or my respect," Erick Cardona, who just moved to Florida from Arizona, said of the GOP.
Paul, meanwhile, seemed undeterred.

Franco
08-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Its horrible under Obama it will tear the country apart so why would you vote for a third party that can't win? Put Romney in he will not let things get as bad as they will under Obama he will save medicare for you, your kids under bo it gone..... and if you dont like him in four years he will be out. People feel now like we have no choice we have been beaten down so much we feel we have to just except Obama thats not true we are his boss he can play his games protecting Holder, & Big Janet , but now is the time we have a right to say NO MORE He cannot force this on us anymore. If you were in this much debt you would have to cut up your credit cards live on a budget tighten your belts and cut your costs the Gov has to do the same thing Obama doesnt know how to handle money he has proven that by spending 1.3 Trillion dolars in the last 12 months,when he promised he would cut the debt by half these were his own lying words. We cannot take 4 more years and we DONT HAVE TO.

If you really think there is a difference between Obama and Romney, then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona that I would like to sell to you!

It will be business as usual!

--------------------------------
from Yahoo News...

Paul's coalition is made up of anti-war Republicans, people who want stricter government adherence to the Constitution and those who want to dismantle the Federal Reserve.
Paul encouraged his supporters to continue until their views are the GOP mainstream.
"Believe me, we will get in the tent because we will become the tent eventually," he said. "With the energy that we have, it seems to me they would be begging and pleading for us to come into the party."
Paul, 77, is leaving Congress after his 12th term expires at year's end. He will be honored Tuesday night in a video tribute at the convention. The RNC also amended the party's platform to include policy provisions Paul has advocated for, such as an audit of the Federal Reserve.
Despite the conciliatory gestures, some of Paul's ardent supports believe the Republican Party is marginalizing him.
"It's nice they're doing a tribute, but it doesn't change my opinion of them," said Susie Mann, 55, of Columbus, Ohio. "Let the man speak."

PamK
08-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Another speech they don't want to hear:
Rick Scott, the Republican governor of Florida, likes to tell voters that his state has experienced a major economic turnaround since he took office 19 months ago.

gmhr1
08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Big difference is Romney is leading among Independents and now tied in Ohio a state bo was leading, people are finally getting off the koolaid. Its ok to admit we were fooled in 2008 he lied to all of us.
Obama disses Cardinal Timothy Dolan

http://townhall.com/columnists/douggiles/2012/08/26/obama_disses_americas_pope_cardinal_timothy_dolan/page/full/

Uncle Bill
08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Actually I did watch Ron Paul's speech on C-Span. I would have watched it all the way, but when he started talking about his views on legalizing cannabis, everyone toked up and it got so smokey I couldn't see who was talking. Heh heh heh heh;)

UB

Franco
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Actually I did watch Ron Paul's speech on C-Span. I would have watched it all the way, but when he started talking about his views on legalizing cannabis, everyone toked up and it got so smokey I couldn't see who was talking. Heh heh heh heh;)

UB

Who says UB doesn't have a sense of humor!
;-)

I too got a little choked up, especially when he was pointing out the voting similarities of the two parties and how they both believe that the electorate should be kept in the dark because they aren't capable of understanding anything.

huntinman
08-27-2012, 12:00 PM
What is it about Ron Paul supporters that draws them to a man that runs every four years even though the country keeps telling him it is not interested? He consistently comes in dead last in the voting... He is like a fungus that you just can't get rid of... The game is over... RP lost... quit whining...go home...

BonMallari
08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
What is it about Ron Paul supporters that draws them to a man that runs every four years even though the country keeps telling him it is not interested? He consistently comes in dead last in the voting... He is like a fungus that you just can't get rid of... The game is over... RP lost... quit whining...go home...

RP supporters like playing the role of contrarian....they will tell You that they didnt vote for GHWB 41,Clinton GWB 43,or BHO...in other words no matter how the election turns out that can always claim no fault, they will play the blame game and point fingers at both sides, yet claim that their guy would have done it differently and successfully...they are no one's ally and would be the first to jump ship in a crisis, because they cling to ideology..as with RP he will cast a vote that is just like those of the electorate, meaningless..he wont vote with the majority and wont vote with the minority....is there a reason that Ron Paul was never tapped for a key leadership role as the Whip despite all his years in the House, of course...the Party knew he could never be a total team player, he only used the R designation to his benefit for election purposes..its also the reason he never got any meaningful legislation passed,he didnt form any coalitions in the House, how could one ever expect him to galvanize a country

When you really come down to nut cutting time RP is a self centered, selfish ideologue..he like his supporters have one agenda... Theirs...they wont compromise, they want you to "compromise"to their mode of thinking

huntinman
08-27-2012, 12:52 PM
RP supporters like playing the role of contrarian....they will tell You that they didnt vote for GHWB 41,Clinton GWB 43,or BHO...in other words no matter how the election turns out that can always claim no fault, they will play the blame game and point fingers at both sides, yet claim that their guy would have done it differently and successfully...they are no one's ally and would be the first to jump ship in a crisis, because they cling to ideology..as with RP he will cast a vote that is just like those of the electorate, meaningless..he wont vote with the majority and wont vote with the minority....is there a reason that Ron Paul was never tapped for a key leadership role as the Whip despite all his years in the House, of course...the Party knew he could never be a total team player, he only used the R designation to his benefit for election purposes..its also the reason he never got any meaningful legislation passed,he didnt form any coalitions in the House, how could one ever expect him to galvanize a country

When you really come down to nut cutting time RP is a self centered, selfish ideologue..he like his supporters have one agenda... Theirs...they wont compromise, they want you to "compromise"to their mode of thinking

Bon, I think you have nailed it. Best summary of Ron Paul I have read.

Franco
08-27-2012, 02:08 PM

The man will not compromise his intergity, unlike most on the hill.

Had Congressed passed some of his bills, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today.

Bon, tell us about Paul Ryan's voting record and how that differes from todays Democrats? Here's a hint, there isn't that much difference between the two parties when it comes to over-spending!

huntinman
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
The man will not compromise his intergity, unlike most on the hill.

Had Congressed passed some of his bills, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today.

Bon, tell us about Paul Ryan's voting record and how that differes from todays Democrats? Here's a hint, there isn't that much difference between the two parties when it comes to over-spending!

Tell us ANYTHING Ron Paul has accomplished in all his years in Congress... other than running for president every 4 years.

Franco
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Tell us ANYTHING Ron Paul has accomplished in all his years in Congress... other than running for president every 4 years.

We have already coverdthis several times here on RTF!

All one has to do is look at Congress' aprroval rating and realize that Ron Paul isn't a part of that dismal approval nor created the major problems we have today.

In regards to his voting record, he voted; against nation building in Iraq and A'stan even though ity was embraced by the Repubs.

He didn't vote WITH the Repubs in raising the Debt Ceiling 7 times under Bush!

He understand that it is the policy of the Federal Reserve that has cause most of our financial problems. A major reason why the Super Pacs know he can't be bought and are behind Romney and Obama.

He has voted for every bill that limits the power of our out of control government like a Balance Budget Amendment, an idea shunned by BOTH parties.

Democacy is the rule of the mob. RP has fought our battles for Liberty longer than anyone else in DC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrU6hTWyj6s
LIVE FREE

mudminnow
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
RP has represented his constituency without fail or floundering back and forth. That is the accomplishment that all politicians should strive for, even if it is unpopular or makes you look like a nut job. Please enlighten me on what is so awful about RP? His supporters get annoying, yes, but he is the only candidate that had different ideas. The only difference between BO and mitt is where they spend the money we don't have.

Franco
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
RP has represented his constituency without fail or floundering back and forth. That is the accomplishment that all politicians should strive for, even if it is unpopular or makes you look like a nut job. Please enlighten me on what is so awful about RP? His supporters get annoying, yes, but he is the only candidate that had different ideas. The only difference between BO and mitt is where they spend the money we don't have.

Different ideas scare the Dems and Repubs as they like keeping things the way they are!

huntinman
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
you guys sound like you would fit right in with the obama administartion... By listing all the thing RP did not do as his accomplishments... you are listing his accomplishments... impressive.

Franco
08-27-2012, 04:08 PM
you guys sound like you would fit right in with the obama administartion... By listing all the thing RP did not do as his accomplishments... you are listing his accomplishments... impressive.

You mean unlike the current presumptive ticket that voted;

7 times to raise the debt ceiling
TARP
Auto Bailout
Unfunded Medicare Plan B
Invasion of Iraq and A'stan
Future increases to the military budget
Support of offshoring American jobs
Unlimited printing of U S dollars
Advoacting premptive wars on Syria and Iran

I glad my guy doesn't want any part of the above!

Unlike Mittence, my guy has INTEGRITY.

Romney is a classic crony capitalist, i.e., a fascist, and his ties to Paul Ryan go far beyond tapping him as his Vice Presidential selection. Last week, The Telegraph reported that Romney may have violated ethics laws while Governor of Massachusetts by profiting from a marketing company that was contracted by the State after receiving $5 million from Bain Capital.
Paul Ryan’s brother Tobin was senior manager at Bain from 1995-1998. He left to become vice president of Imagitas, a company co-founded by Bain consultant Tom Beecher. In June 2000, the company got a $5 million investment from Bain. It expanded and began to win contracts with several State governments, including Wisconsin — where Republican and Ryan ally Scott McCallum was Governor — and Massachusetts (a contract that began in 2002, shortly before Romney’s election as Governor and shortly after Tobin Ryan says he left Imagitas).
That work with Massachusetts continued for several years, yet Romney never disclosed the potential conflict of interest. According to The Telegraph, Romney’s 2002 financial disclosure forms state he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital Investors VI and Bain Capital, Inc. But the forms do not detail individual companies like Imagitus, in which Bain Capital was invested.
In 2005, while Romney was still Governor, Imagitus was sold for $230 million.
Victor Fleischer, a law professor at the University of Colorado specializing in private equity, told The Telegraph it was “possible but unlikely” that Romney could have completely prevented himself from benefiting from Imagitas.
Over the years, Imagitas gave the Republican Governor’s Association, which Romney chaired, a total of $64,825. Former Imagitus board member Glenn Youngkin, a senior executive with The Carlyle Group — an organization with several directors and staffers who are members of the Council on Foreign Relations — has donated $50,000 to the Romney Victory Fund. He has donated more than $16,000 to Ryan’s campaigns since 1999.

huntinman
08-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Your guy LOST ALL 50 STATES... GIVE IT UP. You sound like a drunk on a barstool at 3 in the afternoon.

Franco
08-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Your guy LOST ALL 50 STATES... GIVE IT UP. You sound like a drunk on a barstool at 3 in the afternoon.

What's the matter, can't handle the facts?

200 delegates will be shouting Ron Paul Tuesday night!

mudminnow
08-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Huntinman, we just have a different philosophy on things...dems and reps still believe the govt can fix the country's problems. Us libertarian leaning folks realize that govt is the problem. He lost all fifty states, but he also made people think, I am one of those people. I can make the arguments that you are making against RP probably better than you because a year ago I was! But truth is still truth whether or not it gets votes. While RP did not get a lot of votes, that does not diminish the truth he stands for and that you actually support if you would stop drinking the Kool aid

menmon
08-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Franco....I have been trying to make them look up and open their eyes but its all about beating Obama...not what's good for the country. Had they been able to compromise it would have allowed Obama to come closer to what their voters want and some good things for the country would have happened. No lets do everything to make him fail so we can win in November. I have news though...Romney/Ryan are not going to win. So my question is do you want 4 more years of nothing until you can try again or do you want to find common ground?

ARay11
08-27-2012, 05:05 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/422261_369394633132459_1610935260_n.jpg

Franco
08-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Franco....I have been trying to make them look up and open their eyes but its all about beating Obama...not what's good for the country. Had they been able to compromise it would have allowed Obama to come closer to what their voters want and some good things for the country would have happened. No lets do everything to make him fail so we can win in November. I have news though...Romney/Ryan are not going to win. So my question is do you want 4 more years of nothing until you can try again or do you want to find common ground?

It would really depend on the issue.

Real spending cuts...yes.
Downsizing the Fed Government...yes.
Ending the two Wars...yes.
Addressing the deficit...yes.
A balanced budget...yes.

menmon
08-27-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree....and there have been attemps and spending cuts....in absolute dollars sending is $600B less than a year ago. Just think what could have happened if some folks let go of a few things.

huntinman
08-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Huntinman, we just have a different philosophy on things...dems and reps still believe the govt can fix the country's problems. Us libertarian leaning folks realize that govt is the problem. He lost all fifty states, but he also made people think, I am one of those people. I can make the arguments that you are making against RP probably better than you because a year ago I was! But truth is still truth whether or not it gets votes. While RP did not get a lot of votes, that does not diminish the truth he stands for and that you actually support if you would stop drinking the Kool aid

I hear what you are saying... but what I am saying is RP has had his chance (s). The country told him no. RP and his followers really have no way to change anything at the present time... it's all just a buzz in the background...

ARay11
08-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I hear what you are saying... but what I am saying is RP has had his chance (s). The country told him no. RP and his followers really have no way to change anything at the present time... it's all just a buzz in the background...

I absolutely understand where you're coming from here... but I will submit this idea to you:
How many states would RP have carried more delegates from if there hadn't been 6 horses in the race at the time?
I almost think the Rs kept the vote spread amongst the multiple candidates just long enough for the institution's guy to win.

huntinman
08-27-2012, 06:36 PM
I absolutely understand where you're coming from here... but I will submit this idea to you:
How many states would RP have carried more delegates from if there hadn't been 6 horses in the race at the time?
I almost think the Rs kept the vote spread amongst the multiple candidates just long enough for the institution's guy to win.

Good point. but that works both ways... How many times did you hear the media hammer Romney for not being able to finish the deal? he couldn't "wrap up" the nomination early enough to satisfy the talking heads precisely for the same reason you bring up.

BonMallari
08-27-2012, 06:39 PM

How ironic a RP supporter telling someone to stop drinking the Kool Aid.....what you ideologists have bought into is the thinking that one person can unilaterally change the way government does its business..RP gets you in a lather with talk of ending the FED, when you dont realize its not like he can just issue an executive order and poof the FED is gone...a lot of Ron Paul's ideas are pie in the sky thinking, they are romantic and easy to fall in love with, its the same type of ideology that swept BHO into office, except that BHO had a willing electorate and a mandate in the House and Senate...RP has neither, all he has is his minions of supporters that want to believe in something, so they latch onto his message with an almost cult like craze, they dismiss the naysayers by joining the two parties together as a common enemy...

RP has some good messages, he has some fresh ideas...but he forgets to tell you how he is going to implement those ideas...RP followers buy into the rhetoric that a single man with a cause can start a movement or a "revolution" as is the mantra, but as any historian will attest a revolution takes more than ideology, you need willing participants, in this case Congress, pinning your hopes on one man in a Congress of 535 is not sound thinking,how many other politicians besides Rand Paul stand side by side in your mode of thinking...at least with the Tea Party they realized that to get change they needed to have more members elected in order to make a change, one man alone will not get it done

road kill
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
What's the matter, can't handle the facts?

200 delegates will be shouting Ron Paul Tuesday night!

Here is a fact: RP lost in the primaries and is NOT getting the nomination!!!!

Franco
08-27-2012, 07:52 PM
How ironic a RP supporter telling someone to stop drinking the Kool Aid.....what you ideologists have bought into is the thinking that one person can unilaterally change the way government does its business..RP gets you in a lather with talk of ending the FED, when you dont realize its not like he can just issue an executive order and poof the FED is gone...a lot of Ron Paul's ideas are pie in the sky thinking, they are romantic and easy to fall in love with, its the same type of ideology that swept BHO into office, except that BHO had a willing electorate and a mandate in the House and Senate...RP has neither, all he has is his minions of supporters that want to believe in something, so they latch onto his message with an almost cult like craze, they dismiss the naysayers by joining the two parties together as a common enemy...

RP has some good messages, he has some fresh ideas...but he forgets to tell you how he is going to implement those ideas...RP followers buy into the rhetoric that a single man with a cause can start a movement or a "revolution" as is the mantra, but as any historian will attest a revolution takes more than ideology, you need willing participants, in this case Congress, pinning your hopes on one man in a Congress of 535 is not sound thinking,how many other politicians besides Rand Paul stand side by side in your mode of thinking...at least with the Tea Party they realized that to get change they needed to have more members elected in order to make a change, one man alone will not get it done

One man CAN make a huge difference! But, like he has said many times, it is not about this election but the future. He has given birth to a movement that will haunt the big spending Dems and Repubs.

I wanted to copy and paste a PM I received a little while ago from an RTFer that attended yesterday's rally. But, this new RTF format won't let me do it.

It was about RP supporteres not wanting to compromise their convictions for the sake of two lesser evils and how paranoid the Romney folks are.

Rand Paul 2016;)

M&K's Retrievers
08-27-2012, 08:11 PM
One man CAN make a huge difference! But, like he has said many times, it is not about this election but the future. He has given birth to a movement that will haunt the big spending Dems and Repubs.

I wanted to copy and paste a PM I received a little while ago from an RTFer that attended yesterday's rally. But, this new RTF format won't let me do it.

It was about RP supporteres not wanting to compromise their convictions for the sake of two lesser evils and how paranoid the Romney folks are.

Rand Paul 2016;)

That kind of foolishness is what gave us Clinton and will most likely give us 4 more years of obama. Thanks!!

Franco
08-27-2012, 08:42 PM
That kind of foolishness is what gave us Clinton and will most likely give us 4 more years of obama. Thanks!!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/488317_416252745100200_656050894_n.jpg

huntinman
08-27-2012, 09:20 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/488317_416252745100200_656050894_n.jpg

if you dug Harriet Tubman up out of her grave and ran her for president... she would get more votes than Ron Paul. Good choice...

mudminnow
08-27-2012, 09:24 PM
I would never call it foolishness to vote your convictions. If you don't vote your convictions the you don't have a vote. If you feel that it is more important to have a repub in the white houses than a democrat that's fine. If that is your strongest conviction this season vote mitt and give it all you got. And for the record, we all drink the kool aid, it just depends on the flavor.

menmon
08-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Clinton turned out the be the best president we have had in my lifetime....maybe it would be a good thing if RP took votes away from Romney. Last thing I want is to go back to the failed policies of the republicans.

gmhr1
08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh yea he was great ask Monica. He was a total embarrassment to the US and he should have been impeached on the spot. Jimmy Carter is also talking at the DNC another joke. George clooney and Justin Beiber must be busy that night.

road kill
08-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Clinton turned out the be the best president we have had in my lifetime....maybe it would be a good thing if RP took votes away from Romney. Last thing I want is to go back to the failed policies of the republicans.
Pretty funny stuff sambo!!!

The best President in your lifetime??

A man you wouldn't trust to baby sit your daughter???:cool:

Funny stuff sambo!!!!!!

gmhr1
08-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Makes you wonder what Obama has this Sandra Fluke girl hanging around for (remember shes the college student who wants free birth control) shes really the best speaker he can find ? If I was Michelle I wouldnt want my husband BFF with Bill Clinton

menmon
08-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Didn't say he was a saint...just best president in my lifetime....what I would give to have had him as president instead of W....I think you would have overlooked his indiscretions too, if you could turn the clock back.

starjack
08-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Didn't say he was a saint...just best president in my lifetime....what I would give to have had him as president instead of W....I think you would have overlooked his indiscretions too, if you could turn the clock back.

Ronald Reagan

Franco
08-28-2012, 03:46 PM

Our economy zoomed higher and higher when Clinton was President. The 90's is the greatest decade in our history in terms of growth, wealth and jobs. Not only that, he retired the huge debt that Bush 41 left him with. Something the Repubs won't admit, especially after 8 years of Bush43.

When I see those posters of Bush43 with the caption "miss me yet?", I say, "hell no"!

Greatest President in my lifetime? Harry S Truman!;-)

menmon
08-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Franco you are lot older than me...heck you are almost dead. Truman was a Mason of the Grand Lodge of Missouri....In fact he was Grand Master of Missouri.

Franco
08-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Franco you are lot older than me...heck you are almost dead. Truman was a Mason of the Grand Lodge of Missouri....In fact he was Grand Master of Missouri.

I was whelped during the Truman years. One of his biggest accomplishments was in not bombing China during the Korean War. It was at a time in our history when we were most paranoid about the red chins and there was pressusre from the Pentagon to drop a few nukes on the reds. Had we bombed China, I doubt we would have WalMart today!;-)

duk4me
08-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Pretty funny stuff sambo!!!

The best President in your lifetime??

A man you wouldn't trust to baby sit your daughter???:cool:

Funny stuff sambo!!!!!!

Hey I've seen a pic of you and your daughter and I wouldn't trust any man to baby sit her.:p:cool:

huntinman
08-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Hey I've seen a pic of you and your daughter and I wouldn't trust any man to baby sit her.:p:cool:

I think that was one he was "babysitting";)

duckheads
08-28-2012, 04:28 PM

Hello McFly! That's because he had a republican controlled Congress. Are you really that slow or are just drunk on the Democrat kool aid?

menmon
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Then why did that republican majority balloon the deficit during the first 6 years W as president? Must be the guy in the whitehouse because that is all that changed