PDA

View Full Version : Ann Romney

Franco
08-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Impressive and touching speech tonight! She would make an awesome First Lady and is Mitt's best asset. It's just her husband and his VP choice that I am concerned with.

BonMallari
08-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Ann Romney is pure class...now Juan Williams from Fox News who took a cheap shot at her is a pure ***...

Ken Bora
08-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Ann Romney is pure class...now Juan Williams from Fox News who took a cheap shot at her is a pure ***...

great line Bon,
nice rhyme.
it just made this pop into my head...
Ya wake up in the morning and he's on the news.
Do Do Juan Juan Juan.
Do Do Juan Juan.
Ya think he might be worried that his side will loose.
Do Do Juan Juan Juan.
Do Do Juan Juan.
Welllllllllllll his foots in his mout.
Dooooon’t know what hes talkin’ bout.
Gonnna have four years to pout.
Do Do Juan Juan Juan.
Do Do Juan Juan.

Everybody sing!

achiro
08-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Juan Williams fell on the DNC sword on that one. Guaranteed that was a preplanned talking point that they were going to use. The backlash is pretty heavy though so they may scrap that one. ;)

HPL
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM
I hate to be the contrarian here among the Republicans, but Ann Romney's speech left me pretty unimpressed. It sounded a bit too scripted and her style came across a bit too sorority sister for me. (She also needed help with her lipstick.) It is pretty hard to believe her as a struggling mom. I realize that she has had health problems, and that all folks, rich or poor have problems in their lives, but come on. I prefer Laura Bush's style.

huntinman
08-29-2012, 09:09 AM
I hate to be the contrarian here among the Republicans, but Ann Romney's speech left me pretty unimpressed. It sounded a bit too scripted and her style came across a bit too sorority sister for me. (She also needed help with her lipstick.) It is pretty hard to believe her as a struggling mom. I realize that she has had health problems, and that all folks, rich or poor have problems in their lives, but come on. I prefer Laura Bush's style.

Come on man... you get up there in front of the whole world... that is being a little nitpicky...

ARay11
08-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Ann Romney has my vote. Yes, a bit sorority sister-like. At least she wasn't pretending to be anything else. Her reality is very different from mine. But, I'm okay with that. She stayed true to who she is, what she stands for, and delivered what I found to be a heart felt address.

road kill
08-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Ann Romney has my vote. Yes, a bit sorority sister-like. At least she wasn't pretending to be anything else. Her reality is very different from mine. But, I'm okay with that. She stayed true to who she is, what she stands for, and delivered what I found to be a heart felt address.

I wonder if for the FIRST time in her life she is proud to be an American?????:rolleyes:

gmhr1
08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
I hope she knows how to garden so she can take over Michelle's role as the first lady

kjrice
08-29-2012, 11:58 AM
I hope she knows how to garden so she can take over Michelle's role as the first lady
No her role is to rack-up huge bills with the largest entourage to date.

menmon
08-29-2012, 12:12 PM
HPL and I agree....highlight of the night but did not make people believers!

Your boy is in trouble!

HPL
08-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Your boy is in trouble!

Don't think I'd go that far. Like her much more than MO. So far I have only listened to AR, Chris Christie, and Mia Love. Really (really) liked Mia Love, and also thought Christie's speech was very good. Ann's MS could very well have been a factor in her performance last night, giving her a somewhat odd cadence and appearance.

menmon
08-29-2012, 01:05 PM
She appealed to the base....noone will crossover.

achiro
08-29-2012, 02:30 PM
They don't need crossovers, they need those "on the fence" folks that probably aren't going to vote for Obama again regardless but just aren't sure about Romney.

road kill
08-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Please, oh learned one, describe the "base?"

menmon
08-29-2012, 02:48 PM
You......................

Cody Covey
08-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Please, oh learned one, describe the "base?"

Racists of course!

menmon
08-29-2012, 02:50 PM
You too.....

mngundog
08-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Ann is great in the fact that she appeals to both bases.

Spoiled little rich kid, born with a silver spoon in her mouth, never having to work a day in her life, OR as mother of 5 living off someone else while sitting at home making babies. :D

huntinman
08-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Ann is great in the fact that she appeals to both bases.

Spoiled little rich kick, born with a silver spoon in her mouth, never happening to work a day in her life, OR as mother of 5 living off someone else while sitting at home making babies. :D

You related to Sambo? That is one of the more assinine things you have ever posted.

mngundog
08-29-2012, 05:42 PM
You related to Sambo? That is one of the more assinine things you have ever posted.
Little smiley face, it was a joke..........loosen your panties a little.

BonMallari
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
They don't need crossovers, they need those "on the fence" folks that probably aren't going to vote for Obama again regardless but just aren't sure about Romney.

Exactly....that and base turnout

Marvin S
08-29-2012, 08:13 PM

Bill - Where's Yardley when the lefty's need him ;) - this guy will never threaten the right side of the Bell Curve :( - it is with one "s' but in this case appropiately misspelled :cool:.

BonMallari
08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Bill - Where's Yardley when the lefty's need him ;) - this guy will never threaten the right side of the Bell Curve :( - it is with one "s' but in this case appropriately misspelled :cool:.

Sambo couldnt carry Yardley's jockstrap...Jeff is much more sophisticated,educated...and he could spell...

My all time liberal rankings here on POTUS (based on intelligent content,substance and entertainment value )

1. Yardley

2. Paul Young

3. MJH 345 (Marc H)

4. Dnf 777

RJ Roger P

JAMS : Buzz, Sambo,

coachmo
08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Wow that's being awful nice! I don't see buzz or sambo getting out of the second series!!

mjh345
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Sambo couldnt carry Yardley's jockstrap...Jeff is much more sophisticated,educated...and he could spell...

My all time liberal rankings here on POTUS (based on intelligent content,substance and entertainment value )

1. Yardley

2. Paul Young

3. MJH 345 (Marc H)

4. Dnf 777

RJ Roger P

JAMS : Buzz, Sambo,

Thanks I guess Bon.
I guess Ive been successful in playing devils advocate. I view POTUS as a car wreck; you don't want to look, but you can't help yourself.

I usually don't respond much on here, but when I do it is usually to blow holes in regurgitated lies from the political talking heads. When the BS is from the Democratic camp it is unneccesary to respond as there are dozens of Republicans on here that jump right in and expose the BS. There is no shortage of lying BS from both parties

The sad thing about POTUS is that it is too one sided and mean spirited to opposing viewpoints. This leads to the few lucid spokespeople for the opposing viewpoint, such as Yardley, DNF, Buzz etc; to get tired of the insults and abuse and leave. We need intelligent opposing civil viewpoints to give this forum any real value. IMHO. Right now this forum has a school yard gang mentality which gives it little objective value

However in my mind I am far more conservative than most if not all on here; in that I follow my conservative roots and not what the supposedly "Conservative" Republican party puts forth. The Republicans rhetoric is more closely akin to what I believe in in many respects. However their actions fall far short of their rhetoric

coachmo
08-29-2012, 09:58 PM
So it's a school yard gang mentality when people challenge and refute claims of being racists, bigots, greedy, etc. Oh and let's not forget the occasional "you're a dick" comment. Give me a break.

JDogger
08-29-2012, 10:01 PM

My all time liberal rankings here on POTUS (based on intelligent content,substance and entertainment value ) Hmmm...What do the rankings as spelled out by a FT groupy mean ?

1. Yardley Not been seen or heard of in some time now

2. Paul Young Posts occasionally

3. MJH 345 (Marc H) Posts occassionally

4. Dnf 777 Not seen or heard of in some time now

RJ Roger P No word from RP in along time now

JAMS : Buzz, Sambo , Buzz seems angry latety, can't say I blame him.
Sambo's spelling and syntax does leave something to be desired, but if I can interpret Cyndi, I can certainly make sense of her and Luvy, and Sambo as well.

I miss Yardley, Hew, Backpasture, Henry V, and many others who were here four years ago. Today PP seems dominated by a small vocal few that make me want to remove the ice-pick from my forehead as I read their posts.
JD

mngundog
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks I guess Bon.
I guess Ive been successful in playing devils advocate. I view POTUS as a car wreck; you don't want to look, but you can't help yourself.

I usually don't respond much on here, but when I do it is usually to blow holes in regurgitated lies from the political talking heads. When the BS is from the Democratic camp it is unneccesary to respond as there are dozens of Republicans on here that jump right in and expose the BS. There is no shortage of lying BS from both parties

The sad thing about POTUS is that it is too one sided and mean spirited to opposing viewpoints. This leads to the few lucid spokespeople for the opposing viewpoint, such as Yardley, DNF, Buzz etc; to get tired of the insults and abuse and leave. We need intelligent opposing civil viewpoints to give this forum any real value. IMHO. Right now this forum has a school yard gang mentality which gives it little objective value

However in my mind I am far more conservative than most if not all on here; in that I follow my conservative roots and not what the supposedly "Conservative" Republican party puts forth. The Republicans rhetoric is more closely akin to what I believe in in many respects. However their actions fall far short of their rhetoric
I believe you nailed it. I have not been on here long enough to remember all the ones that got chased away but I could see why they left.

M&K's Retrievers
08-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I miss Yardley, Hew, Backpasture, Henry V, and many others who were here four years ago. Today PP seems dominated by a small vocal few that make me want to remove the ice-pick from my forehead as I read their posts.
JD

DNF and RP were banned I believe. Jeff told me last month that he got tired of the pissing contests but was thinking of looking in on PP again. Perhaps he did and saw the same old thing. As much as Yardley and I disagreed on most subjects, I wish he and others would rejoin the debate.

JDogger
08-29-2012, 10:53 PM
DNF and RP were banned I believe. Jeff told me last month that he got tired of the pissing contests but was thinking of looking in on PP again. Perhaps he did and saw the same old thing. As much as Yardley and I disagreed on most subjects, I wish he and others would rejoin the debate.

Hi Mike, As I sit here on PP, I also am watching the RNC. Ryan is speaking. I hope the R's can pull it off. I doubt it though. Even if they do....what do they offer.. more of the same?

JD

mjh345
08-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Im not sure, but I believe Dave got frustrated and left of his own volition. Don't know about Roger, but even if they were banned I imagine it was just for a few weeks and I imagine the BS they had to put up with wasnt worth it to ever come back.
Theyre contributions were valuable and missed IMHO

duckheads
08-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Im not sure, but I believe Dave got frustrated and left of his own volition. Don't know about Roger, but even if they were banned I imagine it was just for a few weeks and I imagine the BS they had to put up with wasnt worth it to ever come back.

it is pretty obvious to those of us that were around you have no idea what went on.

Marvin S
08-29-2012, 11:18 PM

I believe DNF was banned for posting using an alias - Roger just got crossways with the moderators once to often - I miss Roger as he used to send me some of the funniest jokes by PM as he felt they would not go over well :(. I love a good joke & Bubba is not producing, wonder if he's lost his sperm count, joke wise that is :).

M&K's Retrievers
08-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Hi Mike, As I sit here on PP, I also am watching the RNC. Ryan is speaking. I hope the R's can pull it off. I doubt it though. Even if they do....what do they offer.. more of the same?

JD

I'm sure I'm wrong but I think Romney is going to win big. I really believe the majority of this country is tired of this crap. I think a lot of Obama supporters are really disillusioned by his failures to the point where they just will not show up. I do fear the RP and libertarians who feel the need to waste their vote could screw it up ala Ross Perot/Clinton.

Does the RNC offer more of the same? I hope not but I do know we cannot stand more of Obama. I really think the decision in November is real simple.

BonMallari
08-30-2012, 12:55 AM
A field trial groupie,now that's a new one, I know you didn't mean that as a compliment so I will say Thank You very much

M&K's Retrievers
08-30-2012, 01:22 AM
I believe DNF was banned for posting using an alias - Roger just got crossways with the moderators once to often - I miss Roger as he used to send me some of the funniest jokes by PM as he felt they would not go over well :(. I love a good joke & Bubba is not producing, wonder if he's lost his sperm count, joke wise that is :).

I'm pretty sure both got the boot. Ferraro would be back if he could. I think Gibson got the axe for multiple aliases.

road kill
08-30-2012, 06:07 AM
others would rejoin the debate.

Though it's a nostalgic stroll down memory lane, it is somewhat revisionist in nature.

Why, there are even those amongst us who wished death upon a fellow poster.
And one of Chris A's pet peeves is multiple accounts/alias'.

Again, one or two amongst us now are aware of that.

I think the greatest post I ever saw here on POTUS was when Yardley called another poster a "blowhard!!!"

huntinman
08-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Though it's a nostalgic stroll down memory lane, it is somewhat revisionist in nature.

Why, there are even those amongst us who wished death upon a fellow poster.
And one of Chris A's pet peeves is multiple accounts/alias'.

Again, one or two amongst us now are aware of that.

I think the greatest post I ever saw here on POTUS was when Yardley called another poster a "blowhard!!!"

And killed PP in the process for quite a while...

road kill
08-30-2012, 09:52 AM
And killed PP in the process for quite a while...
That's a great point.
Why exactly did the POTUS get shut down a while back?
Do any of the recent self appointed historians recollect?????:confused:

I know why.............:cool:

Ken Bora
08-30-2012, 09:59 AM
I know why.............:cool:

as I, ........:cool:

M&K's Retrievers
08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
I forgot. Care to enlighten us?

charly_t
08-30-2012, 04:16 PM

Me to. Don't tease us with this tidbit of candy.

BonMallari
08-30-2012, 04:32 PM

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae11/Deerjager/pot_stirrer.jpg

Me to. Don't tease us with this tidbit of candy.

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx355/luzroberta/potsti10.gif

HPL
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
If one can get banned for stirring the pot, ain't nobody on POTUS that should still be here.