PDA

View Full Version : Mia Love not Buying what Obama's Selling!!!

huntinman
08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
This Lady was a Star last night!!!!

Young daughter of Haitian immigrants, Mayor in Utah... candidate for congress... she has it going on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/28/republican-convention-to-feature-rising-star-mia-love/

HPL
08-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Loved her "it's our America because we built it!" line. That was a great shot!!

M&K's Retrievers
08-29-2012, 09:47 AM
If you only watched msnbc you would never know it. Msnbc either didn't show or talked over every minority that spoke last night. Some on here believe that FOX News in biased while Chris Mathews and his cronies tell it like it is. Fortunately, msnbc has very few viewers.

Franco
08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
This past July Microsoft sought a divorce from MSNBC and sold their 50% stake to NBC. The on-line and TV network venture between the two has been a major money losing proposition since the inception and is losing so much money that it has Bill Gates/Mircosoft running for the hills. NBC is currently working on rebranding a new name/call letters.

Since they do acknowledge that MSNBC targets Progessives, speculation is that the new name could be ProNBC.

With that said, from O'Donnell to Maddow, I consider the network to be as irresponsible as Fox News in terms of accuracy.

BonMallari
08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
If you only watched msnbc you would never know it. Msnbc either didn't show or talked over every minority that spoke last night. Some on here believe that FOX News in biased while Chris Mathews and his cronies tell it like it is. Fortunately, msnbc has very few viewers.

The Congressman from Alabama that was a former Democrat was spot on in his message, read on Twitter that CNN did not even show his segment

Franco
08-29-2012, 10:07 AM
The Congressman from Alabama that was a former Democrat was spot on in his message, read on Twitter that CNN did not even show his segment

Funny, I watched his speach on CNN as I did Ann Romney's and Mia Love's. They even had him on the panel of talking heads after the RNC ended last night's activities.

BonMallari
08-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Funny, I watched his speach on CNN as I did Ann Romney's and Mia Love's. They even had him on the panel of talking heads after the RNC ended last night's activities.

well so much for the accuracy of Twitter

huntinman
08-29-2012, 10:19 AM
The point is this young lady was a dynamic speaker. She rose to the occasion and was not afraid of the spotlight. Hopefully we will see more of her in the future if the media doesn't destroy her.

achiro
08-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I watched FOX all evening and I didn't see her speech at all. I also didn't see Cruz or the spouse of the gov. either. I could have missed them but I'm pretty sure they went to commercial and commentary during their speeches.

ARay11
08-29-2012, 12:26 PM
amazing young woman!! we were out most of the eve yesterday with kiddo stuff, so we missed a lot .... definitely missed Ms Love!! Wow!

Empassioned, Real, down to earth, .. where have they been hiding this young superstar!!

luvmylabs23139
08-29-2012, 12:36 PM
I watched FOX all evening and I didn't see her speech at all. I also didn't see Cruz or the spouse of the gov. either. I could have missed them but I'm pretty sure they went to commercial and commentary during their speeches.

You must have missed it because I had fox on and they showed all of Mia's speech.

achiro
08-29-2012, 01:01 PM
You must have missed it because I had fox on and they showed all of Mia's speech.
I went back and watched it, it wasn't much over 3 minutes so I easily could have left the room and missed it completly.
BTW tht may have been the best speech of the night. Short and sweet.

huntinman
08-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I went back and watched it, it wasn't much over 3 minutes so I easily could have left the room and missed it completly.
BTW tht may have been the best speech of the night. Short and sweet.

Amen to that!

Gerry Clinchy
08-29-2012, 05:17 PM
After watching her speech, I have to believe that we will be hearing a lot more from Mia in the years to come.

Isn't it ironic that Obama should create the rallying cry for the other party? No matter what the Republican campaign slogan was supposed to be ... it has become "We built it!"

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Take a look at Susana Martinez's speech as well. Susana is the Gov. of New Mexico. The first Latino woman Gov in the US.

Would put either of these women up against Debbie W-S any day of the week.

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Susana Martinez , Mia Love, Conde Rice are Fantastic. What GREAT role Models they are.

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Does anyone else find it interesting that these two women, first generation away from immigrant parents, still have the same values as immigrants from decades ago? We don't hear about this often enough.

ARay11
08-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Does anyone else find it interesting that these two women, first generation away from immigrant parents, still have the same values as immigrants from decades ago? We don't hear about this often enough.

AND AGAIN WE SAY "AMEN"!

These ladies know the American Dream because it is not 3 or 4 generations away from them.... they lived it!

huntinman
08-30-2012, 02:15 PM

Because they are Republicans. That's why MSNBC and some of the others try to pretend they don't exist. they talking point is republicans are, old, rich and white... (and hate everyone).

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Whoever even heard of these two women until now? Not many. Mark Levin spoke with Mia Love on his show last night. He hadn't even heard of her until he was given the clue by Gary Sinise (yes, the actor fellow).

My imagination? Watching the speeches, there seems to be a whole different enthusiasm and energy for the R ticket this election. More vigor; more optimism. Somehow I don't think Axlerod was expecting this kind of energy with calm, cool Romney as the candidate.

BonMallari
08-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Imagine Mia Love, a black( Haitian) mayor from a Utah City filled with Mormons...kinda breaks a ton of stereotypes doesnt it....the young lady seems to have a bright future...also like Congressman Jason Chaffetz (former BYU placekicker) from Utah

huntinman
08-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Whoever even heard of these two women until now? Not many. Mark Levin spoke with Mia Love on his show last night. He hadn't even heard of her until he was given the clue by Gary Sinise (yes, the actor fellow).

My imagination? Watching the speeches, there seems to be a whole different enthusiasm and energy for the R ticket this election. More vigor; more optimism. Somehow I don't think Axlerod was expecting this kind of energy with calm, cool Romney as the candidate.

Check out Mia's FB page. She's been getting around a little, that's how she got the invite to speak at the convention. Sure she seems like an overnight success, but she has been working her way up the old fashioned way... She earned it!

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Check out Mia's FB page. She's been getting around a little, that's how she got the invite to speak at the convention. Sure she seems like an overnight success, but she has been working her way up the old fashioned way... She earned it!
I agree, she's been working her way up ... am thinking she will do pretty well in the Congressional race with this extra exposure.

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Mia's campaign fund has gotten $100K in donations since her speech Tues. night. Guess a lot of people liked her :-)

ARay11
08-31-2012, 10:32 AM
wish there were more ways to support her.... she seemed so bright and energetic!!

Gerry Clinchy
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
http://stacyontheright.com/2012/08/29/artur-davis-rocks-the-rnc/
Artur Davis' convention speech