PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!!

road kill
08-30-2012, 06:24 AM
What an exhilirating speech and vision for our next Vice President!!
What a brilliant young man.
He ain't no Joe Biden............

I would share a duck blind with Congressman Ryan any day!!!!

If you lefty's think you got this in the bag, "methinks" you are mistaken!!!!!:D

Ken Bora
08-30-2012, 08:06 AM
x2
I thought he did very well.

BonMallari
08-30-2012, 08:33 AM
I think with Ryan you are looking at a future POTUS....but the most popular and best ovation was for Scott Walker, they would stop cheering for him, between he and Ryan,they brought Wisconsin into play

Franco
08-30-2012, 09:10 AM
How does anyone defend Paul Ryan's voting record over the last 10 plus years?
Not sure he has ever met a spending bill he didn't like and seems to be a go-a-long with any issue the Repubs want like;

Voting to raise the Debt Ceiling 7 times, TARP, auto bailouts, unfunded Medicare Plan B, No Kid Left Behind etc.

Or, is it the anyone but Obama mentality that makes Ryan acceptable?

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Romney/Ryan all the way . You know what you get with Obama NOTHING! These guys will try and work for America Obama will sell us down the river He had 4 yrs why would you think anything will be different in the next 4 because he says so? he lies! Listen to what he has said he lies.

road kill
08-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Not sure he has ever met a spending bill he didn't like and seems to be a go-a-long with any issue the Repubs want like;

Voting to raise the Debt Ceiling 7 times, TARP, auto bailouts, unfunded Medicare Plan B, No Kid Left Behind etc.

Give it a rest.......
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p258/69Bronc/wambulance_logo.jpg

You and Timothy Leary are yesterdays news!!!

I trust Romney and Ryan will start the reforms we need, not just whine about how nobody likes them.

Oh, and I don't think they will legalize POT, a game changer for your small group!!!:rolleyes:

What great speech!!!!:D

PamK
08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Road kill you didn't answer the question. yes the speech was good but how do you defend the voting record?

Franco
08-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Give it a rest.......
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p258/69Bronc/wambulance_logo.jpg

You and Timothy Leary are yesterdays news!!!

I trust Romney and Ryan will start the reforms we need, not just whine about how nobody likes them.

Oh, and I don't think they will legalize POT, a game changer for your small group!!!:rolleyes:

What great speech!!!!:D

I didn't think you or anyone could defend his voting record and your post is proof!

road kill
08-30-2012, 09:35 AM
I didn't think you or anyone could defend his voting record and your post is proof!
I think he probably voted on what he thought was the best at the time.

That was prior to the mess we have now.
I believe Romney and Ryan offer the best solution for getting out of what we are in NOW!!!

You guys can run around crying about Bush started it and how RP is the ONLY man that can save us.

I like Ryan's plans.
I like Romney choosing a CFO as his running mate.
I like thier leadership and ideas for what America can be.

They have my vote.

The problem is this, everyday you post the exact same worn out line of BS.
It is very tired.

As far as Pam K, defend Obama's record.............can't wait to hear this!!!!:cool:

I will stand by Ryan's voting record as I see he has changed and, perhaps you are not aware, so have the circumstances.

From an economic standpoint we are in a shambles right now.
Any sale person or business man will admit this
Obama has no ideas or even a clue how to fix any part of this mess.

I think Romney and Ryan do.

You think some angry old man bitching because noone likes him is the answer.

We obviously see things differently!!

mngundog
08-30-2012, 09:38 AM

You raise the question that Republicans don't want to answer, they don't want to talk about Ryan's voting record they want to attack when they know they can't defend. Yes he gives a great speech, so does Obama, after seeing what they both are willing to do with the tax payers money I don't think either one is deserving of any office. Again we vote between the least of two evils and that is Romney, I hope.

road kill
08-30-2012, 09:43 AM
You raise the question that Republicans don't want to answer, they don't want to talk about Ryan's voting record they want to attack when they know they can't defend. Yes he gives a great speech, so does Obama, after seeing what they both are willing to do with the tax payers money I don't think either one is deserving of any office. Again we vote between the least of two evils and that is Romney, I hope.
mngundog, I answered as honestly as I could.
I am not 100% in line with all of his votes.
A huge difference between me and most progressives.

No matter what, Obama can do NO wrong to them!!!

I will take my chances with Romney and Ryan over Obama and Biden.

I don't see that as a tough choice at all.

Franco
08-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Voting to raise the Debt Ceiling 7 times under Bush is not an excuse that he now knows better. Nor that circumstances have changed because Fiscal responsibility is Fiscal responsibility, period!

I fact, therre is little difference in the voting record of Paul Ryan's and Joe Biden's.

Yet those with their head burried in the sand seem to think there is a diffrence between the two. The choice is replacing one big government/big spending type with another.

Nothing will change is 2012.

road kill
08-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Voting to raise the Debt Ceiling 7 times under Bush is not an excuse that he now knows better. Nor that circumstances have changed because Fiscal responsibility is Fiscal responsibility, period!

I fact, therre is little difference in the voting record of Paul Ryan's and Joe Biden's.

Yet those with their head burried in the sand seem to think there is a diffrence between the two. The choice is replacing one big government/big spending type with another.

Nothing will change is 2012.
That is BS!!!

AND--------you know it!!

1 thing that will happen is drilling in the gulf will open up.
That alone will be a huge change.

Blackstone
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
I personally don't believe any of the politicians. They all lie and distort the facts. Here is a fact check of the claims made during the convention speechs so far:

'"FACT CHECK: Ryan takes factual shortcuts in speech
Published - Aug 30 2012 03:48AM EST
JACK GILLUM, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Laying out the first plans for his party's presidential ticket, GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan took some factual shortcuts Wednesday night when he attacked President Barack Obama's policies on Medicare, the economic stimulus and the budget deficit.

Sen. Rob Portman, a former U.S. trade representative, glossed over his own problems when critiquing Obama's trade dealings with China. A day earlier, the convention's keynote speaker, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, bucked reality in promising that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney will lay out for the American people the painful budget cuts it will take to wrestle the government's debt and deficit woes under control.

And former senator and presidential candidate Rick Santorum stretched the truth in taking Obama to task over his administration supposedly waiving work requirements in the nation's landmark welfare-to-work law.
A closer look at some of the words spoken at the GOP convention in Tampa, Fla.:
___
RYAN: "And the biggest, coldest power play of all in Obamacare came at the expense of the elderly. ... So they just took it all away from Medicare. Seven hundred and sixteen billion dollars, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama."

THE FACTS: Ryan's claim ignores the fact that Ryan himself incorporated the same cuts into budgets he steered through the House in the past two years as chairman of its Budget Committee, using the money for deficit reduction. And the cuts do not affect Medicare recipients directly, but rather reduce payments to hospitals, health insurance plans and other service providers.

In addition, Ryan's own plan to remake Medicare would squeeze the program's spending even more than the changes Obama made, shifting future retirees into a system in which they would get a fixed payment to shop for coverage among private insurance plans. Critics charge that would expose the elderly to more out-of-pocket costs.
___
RYAN: "The stimulus was a case of political patronage, corporate welfare and cronyism at their worst. You, the working men and women of this country, were cut out of the deal."

THE FACTS: Ryan himself asked for stimulus funds shortly after Congress approved the $800 billion plan, known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Ryan's pleas to federal agencies included letters to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies.
One of them, the nonprofit Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp., received $20.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, according to federal records. That company, he said in his letter, would build "sustainable demand for green jobs." Another eventual recipient, the Energy Center of Wisconsin, received about $365,000.
___
RYAN: Said Obama misled people in Ryan's hometown of Janesville, Wis., by making them think a General Motors plant there threatened with closure could be saved. "A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: 'I believe that if our government is there to support you ... this plant will be here for another hundred years.' That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year."

THE FACTS: The plant halted production in December 2008, weeks before Obama took office and well before he enacted a more robust auto industry bailout that rescued GM and Chrysler and allowed the majority of their plants — though not the Janesville facility — to stay in operation. Ryan himself voted for an auto bailout under President George W. Bush that was designed to help GM, but he was a vocal critic of the one pushed through by Obama that has been widely credited with revitalizing both GM and Chrysler.
___
RYAN: Obama "created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way and then did exactly nothing."

THE FACTS: It's true that Obama hasn't heeded his commission's recommendations, but Ryan's not the best one to complain. He was a member of the commission and voted against its final report.

CHRISTIE: "Mitt Romney will tell us the hard truths we need to hear to end the torrent of debt that is compromising our future and burying our economy. ... Tonight, our duty is to tell the American people the truth. Our problems are big and the solutions will not be painless. We all must share in the sacrifice. Any leader that tells us differently is simply not telling the truth."

THE FACTS: Romney has made a core promise to cut $500 billion per year from the federal budget by 2016 to bring spending below 20 percent of the U.S. economy, and to balance it entirely by 2020.

His campaign manifesto, however, is almost completely devoid of the "hard truths" Christie promises. In fact, Romney is promising to reverse $716 billion in Medicare savings achieved by Obama over the coming decade and promises big increases in military spending as well, along with extending tax cuts for everyone, including the wealthiest.

The few specifics Romney offers include repealing Obama's health care law, cutting federal payrolls, weaning Amtrak from subsidies, cutting foreign aid and curbing the Medicaid health care program for the poor and disabled.

But it'll take a lot more than those steps for Romney to keep his vague promises, which are unrealistic if he's unwilling to touch Medicare and Social Security in the coming decade. Even the controversial budget plan of his vice presidential nominee, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., largely endorsed by Romney, leaves Medicare virtually untouched over the next 10 years.
What's left for Romney to cut is benefit programs other than Medicare and Social Security, which include food stamps, welfare, farm subsidies and retirement benefits for federal workers. The remaining pot of money includes the day-to-day budgets of domestic agencies, which have already borne cuts under last year's budget deal. There's also widespread congressional aversion to cutting most of what remains on the chopping block, which includes health research, NASA, transportation, air traffic control, homeland security, education, food inspection, housing and heating subsidies for the poor, food aid for pregnant women, the FBI, grants to local governments, national parks and veterans' health care.
___
PORTMAN: "Take trade with China. China manipulates its currency, giving it an unfair trade advantage. So why doesn't the president do something about it? I'll tell you one reason. President Obama could not run up his record trillion-dollar deficits if the Chinese didn't buy our bonds to finance them. Folks, we are as beholden to China for bonds as we are to the Middle East for oil. This will end under Mitt Romney."

THE FACTS: Portman is an expert on commerce, having served as President George W. Bush's trade representative from May 2005 to May 2006. But he didn't fare particularly well in stemming China's trade advantage, either.

Under Portman's watch, the U.S. trade deficit with China soared by 25 percent in 2005, and the next year it climbed more than 15 percent. By contrast, the deficit rose 10 percent over the first three years of Obama's presidency, according to U.S. government figures.

Both the Bush and Obama administrations have launched unfair trade cases against China at the World Trade Organization, but neither has been able to rebalance the relationship.
___
SANTORUM: "This summer (Obama) showed us once again he believes in government handouts and dependency by waiving the work requirement for welfare. Now, I helped write the welfare reform bill. We made a lot crystal clear. No president can waive the work requirement, but as with his refusal to enforce our immigration laws, President Obama rules like he is above the law."

THE FACTS: The administration did not waive the work requirement. Instead, it invited governors to apply on behalf of their states for waivers of administrative requirements in the 1996 law. Some states have complained those rules tie up caseworkers who could be helping clients directly.

In a July 18 letter to congressional leaders, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said that to be eligible for a waiver, governors must commit that their plans will move at least 20 percent more people from welfare to work. Moreover, states must show clear progress toward the goal within a year, or lose the waiver.

"We will not accept any changes that undercut employment-focused welfare reforms that were signed into law fifteen years ago," Sebelius wrote.

Ron Haskins, a former senior Republican House aide who helped write the welfare-to-work law, has said "there is merit" to the administration's proposal and "I don't see how you can get to the conclusion that the waiver provision undermines welfare reform and it eliminates the work requirement."

Haskins, now co-director of the Brookings Center on Children and Families, says the administration was wrong to roll out its proposal without first getting Republicans to sign off on it. But he said the idea itself is one both parties should be able to agree on, were it not for the bitter political divisions that rule Washington."'
___
Associated Press

BonMallari
08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Road kill you didn't answer the question. yes the speech was good but how do you defend the voting record?

not Road Kill , but don't have to defend his voting record..look at where he is within the leadership of the House.I may not like how he voted on every single issue, and Franco can point out how Ron Paul didnt vote for this issue or that, which is all and good, but RP has been in the House longer than Paul Ryan and what has he accomplished, what major piece of legislation that he authored is now in play, what leadership role is RP in ...Ryan has the respect of his colleagues on the Hill, RP does not and that is evidenced by those that backed him, which was NOBODY...

A congressperson's voting record doesnt always tell the whole story, on many bills a single person's vote may not mean squat in the whole scheme of things because the bill was either going to pass or get squashed along party lines..its the main reason that BHO voted PRESENT on what few votes he had..he calculated that by NOT voting on key legislation he could adopt whatever stance fit the moment...all one had to do was look at the John Kerry " I was for it but now I'm against it" mea culpa

huntinman
08-30-2012, 10:02 AM
mngundog, I answered as honestly as I could.
I am not 100% in line with all of his votes.
A huge difference between me and most progressives.

No matter what, Obama can do NO wrong to them!!!

I will take my chances with Romney and Ryan over Obama and Biden.

I don't see that as a tough choice at all.

I will take Paul Ryan's voting record all day long over the voting record Obama had when he was a Senator and IL State Senator... voting Present how many times? No comparison! let's compare them apples to apples...

huntinman
08-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I personally don't believe any of the politicians. They all lie and distort the facts. Here is a fact check of the claims made during the convention speechs so far:

'"FACT CHECK: Ryan takes factual shortcuts in speech
Published - Aug 30 2012 03:48AM EST
JACK GILLUM, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Laying out the first plans for his party's presidential ticket, GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan took some factual shortcuts Wednesday night when he attacked President Barack Obama's policies on Medicare, the economic stimulus and the budget deficit.

Sen. Rob Portman, a former U.S. trade representative, glossed over his own problems when critiquing Obama's trade dealings with China. A day earlier, the convention's keynote speaker, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, bucked reality in promising that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney will lay out for the American people the painful budget cuts it will take to wrestle the government's debt and deficit woes under control.

And former senator and presidential candidate Rick Santorum stretched the truth in taking Obama to task over his administration supposedly waiving work requirements in the nation's landmark welfare-to-work law.
A closer look at some of the words spoken at the GOP convention in Tampa, Fla.:
___
RYAN: "And the biggest, coldest power play of all in Obamacare came at the expense of the elderly. ... So they just took it all away from Medicare. Seven hundred and sixteen billion dollars, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama."

THE FACTS: Ryan's claim ignores the fact that Ryan himself incorporated the same cuts into budgets he steered through the House in the past two years as chairman of its Budget Committee, using the money for deficit reduction. And the cuts do not affect Medicare recipients directly, but rather reduce payments to hospitals, health insurance plans and other service providers.

In addition, Ryan's own plan to remake Medicare would squeeze the program's spending even more than the changes Obama made, shifting future retirees into a system in which they would get a fixed payment to shop for coverage among private insurance plans. Critics charge that would expose the elderly to more out-of-pocket costs.
___
RYAN: "The stimulus was a case of political patronage, corporate welfare and cronyism at their worst. You, the working men and women of this country, were cut out of the deal."

THE FACTS: Ryan himself asked for stimulus funds shortly after Congress approved the $800 billion plan, known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Ryan's pleas to federal agencies included letters to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies.
One of them, the nonprofit Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp., received $20.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, according to federal records. That company, he said in his letter, would build "sustainable demand for green jobs." Another eventual recipient, the Energy Center of Wisconsin, received about $365,000.
___
RYAN: Said Obama misled people in Ryan's hometown of Janesville, Wis., by making them think a General Motors plant there threatened with closure could be saved. "A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: 'I believe that if our government is there to support you ... this plant will be here for another hundred years.' That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year."

THE FACTS: The plant halted production in December 2008, weeks before Obama took office and well before he enacted a more robust auto industry bailout that rescued GM and Chrysler and allowed the majority of their plants — though not the Janesville facility — to stay in operation. Ryan himself voted for an auto bailout under President George W. Bush that was designed to help GM, but he was a vocal critic of the one pushed through by Obama that has been widely credited with revitalizing both GM and Chrysler.
___
RYAN: Obama "created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way and then did exactly nothing."

THE FACTS: It's true that Obama hasn't heeded his commission's recommendations, but Ryan's not the best one to complain. He was a member of the commission and voted against its final report.

CHRISTIE: "Mitt Romney will tell us the hard truths we need to hear to end the torrent of debt that is compromising our future and burying our economy. ... Tonight, our duty is to tell the American people the truth. Our problems are big and the solutions will not be painless. We all must share in the sacrifice. Any leader that tells us differently is simply not telling the truth."

THE FACTS: Romney has made a core promise to cut $500 billion per year from the federal budget by 2016 to bring spending below 20 percent of the U.S. economy, and to balance it entirely by 2020.

His campaign manifesto, however, is almost completely devoid of the "hard truths" Christie promises. In fact, Romney is promising to reverse $716 billion in Medicare savings achieved by Obama over the coming decade and promises big increases in military spending as well, along with extending tax cuts for everyone, including the wealthiest.

The few specifics Romney offers include repealing Obama's health care law, cutting federal payrolls, weaning Amtrak from subsidies, cutting foreign aid and curbing the Medicaid health care program for the poor and disabled.

But it'll take a lot more than those steps for Romney to keep his vague promises, which are unrealistic if he's unwilling to touch Medicare and Social Security in the coming decade. Even the controversial budget plan of his vice presidential nominee, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., largely endorsed by Romney, leaves Medicare virtually untouched over the next 10 years.
What's left for Romney to cut is benefit programs other than Medicare and Social Security, which include food stamps, welfare, farm subsidies and retirement benefits for federal workers. The remaining pot of money includes the day-to-day budgets of domestic agencies, which have already borne cuts under last year's budget deal. There's also widespread congressional aversion to cutting most of what remains on the chopping block, which includes health research, NASA, transportation, air traffic control, homeland security, education, food inspection, housing and heating subsidies for the poor, food aid for pregnant women, the FBI, grants to local governments, national parks and veterans' health care.
___
PORTMAN: "Take trade with China. China manipulates its currency, giving it an unfair trade advantage. So why doesn't the president do something about it? I'll tell you one reason. President Obama could not run up his record trillion-dollar deficits if the Chinese didn't buy our bonds to finance them. Folks, we are as beholden to China for bonds as we are to the Middle East for oil. This will end under Mitt Romney."

THE FACTS: Portman is an expert on commerce, having served as President George W. Bush's trade representative from May 2005 to May 2006. But he didn't fare particularly well in stemming China's trade advantage, either.

Under Portman's watch, the U.S. trade deficit with China soared by 25 percent in 2005, and the next year it climbed more than 15 percent. By contrast, the deficit rose 10 percent over the first three years of Obama's presidency, according to U.S. government figures.

Both the Bush and Obama administrations have launched unfair trade cases against China at the World Trade Organization, but neither has been able to rebalance the relationship.
___
SANTORUM: "This summer (Obama) showed us once again he believes in government handouts and dependency by waiving the work requirement for welfare. Now, I helped write the welfare reform bill. We made a lot crystal clear. No president can waive the work requirement, but as with his refusal to enforce our immigration laws, President Obama rules like he is above the law."

THE FACTS: The administration did not waive the work requirement. Instead, it invited governors to apply on behalf of their states for waivers of administrative requirements in the 1996 law. Some states have complained those rules tie up caseworkers who could be helping clients directly.

In a July 18 letter to congressional leaders, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said that to be eligible for a waiver, governors must commit that their plans will move at least 20 percent more people from welfare to work. Moreover, states must show clear progress toward the goal within a year, or lose the waiver.

"We will not accept any changes that undercut employment-focused welfare reforms that were signed into law fifteen years ago," Sebelius wrote.

Ron Haskins, a former senior Republican House aide who helped write the welfare-to-work law, has said "there is merit" to the administration's proposal and "I don't see how you can get to the conclusion that the waiver provision undermines welfare reform and it eliminates the work requirement."

Haskins, now co-director of the Brookings Center on Children and Families, says the administration was wrong to roll out its proposal without first getting Republicans to sign off on it. But he said the idea itself is one both parties should be able to agree on, were it not for the bitter political divisions that rule Washington."'
___
Associated Press

Now do one on all the lies Obama has told for the last 4 years... you'll be busy.

Blackstone
08-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Now do one on all the lies Obama has told for the last 4 years... you'll be busy.

Was the subject about Paul Ryan or Obama? I guess you're okay with it as long as it's not Obama twiting the truth. I guess your blinders are firmly in place.

Franco
08-30-2012, 10:09 AM
not Road Kill , but don't have to defend his voting record..look at where he is within the leadership of the House.I may not like how he voted on every single issue, and Franco can point out how Ron Paul didnt vote for this issue or that, which is all and good, but RP has been in the House longer than Paul Ryan and what has he accomplished, what major piece of legislation that he authored is now in play, what leadership role is RP in ...Ryan has the respect of his colleagues on the Hill, RP does not and that is evidenced by those that backed him, which was NOBODY...

A congressperson's voting record doesnt always tell the whole story, on many bills a single person's vote may not mean squat in the whole scheme of things because the bill was either going to pass or get squashed along party lines..its the main reason that BHO voted PRESENT on what few votes he had..he calculated that by NOT voting on key legislation he could adopt whatever stance fit the moment...all one had to do was look at the John Kerry " I was for it but now I'm against it" mea culpa

In case you missed it, RP is no longer in the running and Romney is the GOP nominee.

The choice now is between Obama, Romney and Johnson.

Voting to get along is not an excuse to anyone that has convictions and integrity. A leader leads by example and not excuses.
;-)

mngundog
08-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Was the subject about Paul Ryan or Obama? I guess you're okay with it as long as it's not Obama twiting the truth. I guess your blinders are firmly in place.
The subject WAS Ryan, UNTIL his voting record is brought up. Just remember ones voting record doesn't reflect his views, he really isn't the big money big Government guy his record reflects :D

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 10:27 AM
When people keep attacking Romney/Ryan are you really suggesting we would be better off with Obama /Biden Do you not know the facts about Obamacare and Medicare ( it will be bankrupt its a fact) & taxes if so you still think Obamas the right one?. Its a simple choice we have nothing to lose and everything to gain under R/R. We will lose everything under O/B

The choice isnt Ronmey, Obama and Johnson Johnson doesnt stand a chance maybe 4 yrs from now he can take his turn. For now its a two man race. Simple choice Good VS evil freedom VS Joes words "Back in chains." A Leader leads something Obama just doesnt know how to do.

Franco
08-30-2012, 10:43 AM
When people keep attacking Romney/Ryan are you really suggesting we would be better off with Obama /Biden Do you not know the facts about Obamacare and Medicare ( it will be bankrupt its a fact) & taxes if so you still think Obamas the right one?. Its a simple choice we have nothing to lose and everything to gain under R/R. We will lose everything under O/B

The choice isnt Ronmey, Obama and Johnson Johnson doesnt stand a chance maybe 4 yrs from now he can take his turn. For now its a two man race. Simple choice Good VS evil freedom VS Joes words "Back in chains." A Leader leads something Obama just doesnt know how to do.

No one is attacking Romney/Ryan. All candidates need to be vetted and there are certainly some questions that need to be asked of the Repub ticket.

In regards to your concerns with Obamacare and Medicare, both sides have come out with a lot of misinformation and that is one reason both are so hard to trust!

road kill
08-30-2012, 10:44 AM
In case you missed it, RP is no longer in the running and Romney is the GOP nominee.

Voting to get along is not an excuse to anyone that has convictions and integrity. A leader leads by example and not excuses.
;-)
So anyone that doesn't vote the way you want them to has no integrity??

Telling statement about YOU!!!

Franco
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM
So anyone that doesn't vote the way you want them to has no integrity??

Telling statement about YOU!!!

You do love to twist things around, especially when you can't answer the question posed;-)

Your man is trying to convince voters that he is for a sound fiscal policy yet his voting record indicates otherwise.

And, are you now telling us that you supported raising the Debt Ceiling(7 times), TARP, auto bailouts, unfunded Medicare Plan B, No Child Left Behind and the two wars Ryan has voted for and continues to support their funding?

BonMallari
08-30-2012, 10:53 AM
No one is attacking Romney/Ryan. All candidates need to be vetted and there are certainly some questions that need to be asked of the Repub ticket.

In regards to your concerns with Obamacare and Medicare, both sides have come out with a lot of misinformation and that is one reason both are so hard to trust!

You are attacking his voting record...all you do is attack....the vetting process was the primary season, it was the playoff season...like the BCS bowl system not everyone agrees on who gets in the championship game, but its the current rules in place..Nov 6 can't get here soon enough

Ken Bora
08-30-2012, 11:02 AM
He is a fine choice Franco / All. He looks nice, he spoke well. People in the crowd loved it. He will not “Palin” Mitt down. (did I just coin a term? I think I did) and after all, the job he is applying for. Was handled quite well by the likes of Quail and Gore. There were a lot more worser choices he could have made, From the field. So just run with it. Was I the only one to think. As he was speaking last eve. He is kinda Kennedy ish? Anyone?

road kill
08-30-2012, 11:03 AM

;-)

I twisted nothing./\

I also answered your question, you ignored the answer.

I do not like what Obama is trying to do "fundamentally" to the country I love.

I do indeed like the path Romney and Ryan are pursuing.

I'll match integrity with anyone here anyday!

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try, you just might get what you need!!!"

Sometimes you have to put the bong down and face some realities.........

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 11:07 AM
You can vote for anyone you want but if you actually go to the polls and cast a vote for a third party just stay home save the gas and flush the paper down the toilet, same results. The attacks started on Paul Ryan by Steph Cutter (expected) as soon as he finished his speech instead of attacking him tell us the good things about the current administration. Obama will say Romney this and Romney that what about BO plans more of the same they don't and will not work. I didnt vote for him the last time but I was hopeful he would do what he said I was lied to not a big deal if you have an employee like this you let him go.... Its so simple yet people hold onto him like a dog with a bone. I cannot understand the middle class wanting him in again. He will break our backs. Obama made alot of promises and didnt keep them but you dont continue in the same mess you try and make it better. I guess its like a bad relationship its easier to accept his faults,, lies broken promises than to get out and start again.

Franco
08-30-2012, 11:15 AM
I twisted nothing./\

I also answered your question, you ignored the answer.

I do not like what Obama is trying to do "fundamentally" to the country I love.

I do indeed like the path Romney and Ryan are pursuing.

I'll match integrity with anyone here anyday!

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try, you just might get what you need!!!"

Sometimes you have to put the bong down and face some realities.........

You threw out some generalalities and nothing specific in attempting to defend Ryan's voting record. That's because his voting record can NOT be defended and you know it. Another tactic by those that can't defend their opinion is to toss out some insults.

I can understand rooting for the home guy but, his voting record is dismal at best. But, you love the guy so again, lets hear how what he voted for was good for America. I know you are going to dodge the question.

yes or no

was voting 7 times to raise the Debt Celing good for America?
was unfunded Medicare Plan B good for America?
Was voting to continue to fund two wars good for America?
Was TARP and the auto bailouts good for America.

Sundown49 aka Otey B
08-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Franco I was in Texas in his district when Ron Paul ran for his first time in House. I went to his rally and came away with the thought......WHAT a NUT. That was over 22 years ago. Still my thought NOW. I have met his son Rand when he ran and was elected Senator from here in Kentucky. He is just half nuts..........

huntinman
08-30-2012, 11:19 AM

The entire subject of this campaign is really Obama and his failures... we have to turn it around.

or as Paul Ryan would say:

"After four years of getting the runaround, America needs a turnaround...and the man for the job is Mitt Romney!" Hubba hubba!!!

v ricci
08-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Republicans have shown nation wide that at the state and local levels they are reducing spending and cutting deficits.

Illinois Bob
08-30-2012, 11:44 AM

Works for me.

kjrice
08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
All I know id you have two choices at this point and I will vote for anyone that is not Obama. The bigger picture for me is four Supreme Court justices are 79+ years old and most in declining health, with Ginsburg having bouts with cancer.

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 12:06 PM
You woulld think with 23.5 MILLION people unemployed or under employed and another recession on its way that would be enough for people to say Obama has FAILED and not want continue in this mess.

PamK
08-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Housing starts are up as well as prices in 20 major markets, the banking industry just had a 21% rise in earnings in this last quarter, car sales are up and stronger than they've been in years, companies are sitting on stockpiles of cash and profit, the market is up.

Not that I don't know people who are out of work and struggling. But wait ... this was supposed to be about Ryan.

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Living proof that a voting record does not tell you everything you need to know about these two men.

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Gas prices are going up 10 cents/gallon a week around here (PA).

The worst thing Obama could do is release strategic reserves. It would be an obvious political ploy ... and then it would cost the govt more to replace those reserves at higher prices than the cost of the ones they currently have. Any benefit of doing this would be fleeting ...

Maybe GM sales are down because people don't have any $ to buy new cars?

As a Realtor®, I advise caution on the housing market. Investors are out there buying properties in a big way. Short sales have NOT abated. We haven't seen the last of the foreclosures, as they have been delayed. Banks are letting properties sit out there without foreclosing (due to the cost of foreclosure) with mortgage payments a year in arrears ... at least partially because the #s of loans in arrears are so high.

ARay11
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Housing starts are up as well as prices in 20 major markets, the banking industry just had a 21% rise in earnings in this last quarter, car sales are up and stronger than they've been in years, companies are sitting on stockpiles of cash and profit, the market is up.

Not that I don't know people who are out of work and struggling. But wait ... this was supposed to be about Ryan.

up in comparison to which year? we are no where near back to "average" sales, profits, or market stability.

these things take time... and I am not one that thinks Obama should have fixed it by now.

However, the more I hear business owners strategy for the next four years (depending on who is elected) the more I understand. Obama's next 4 years could destroy small business to the point of extinction. Small business owners understand what the new legislation means to them.., and it is frightening. More than one's contingency plan is to close up locations, consolidate into one space, and shrink their work force.

kjrice
08-30-2012, 12:50 PM
up in comparison to which year? we are no where near back to "average" sales, profits, or market stability.

these things take time... and I am not one that thinks Obama should have fixed it by now.

However, the more I hear business owners strategy for the next four years (depending on who is elected) the more I understand. Obama's next 4 years could destroy small business to the point of extinction. Small business owners understand what the new legislation means to them.., and it is frightening. More than one's contingency plan is to close up locations, consolidate into one space, and shrink their work force.

Let's add that companies and banks are STOCKPILING cash but not REINVESTING. The banks are hording money and not stimulating economic growth and opportunities as they should. Steve Wynn even spoke out saying he wants to locally expand but will not under this administration's current policies.

M&K's Retrievers
08-30-2012, 01:42 PM
You do love to twist things around, especially when you can't answer the question posed;-)

Your man is trying to convince voters that he is for a sound fiscal policy yet his voting record indicates otherwise.

And, are you now telling us that you supported raising the Debt Ceiling(7 times), TARP, auto bailouts, unfunded Medicare Plan B, No Child Left Behind and the two wars Ryan has voted for and continues to support their funding?

Franco, I beginning to think that you are a worse loser than algore.

Franco
08-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Why, because I questions things and think all political candidates should be vetted?

Lots of responces but no one has been able to defend Ryan's voting record and that is enough reason to be concerned! Other than his speech, and we all know how cheap talk is. What's the difference between his voting record and the average Dem? There isn't any! So, when I say get ready for more of the same, just a different flavor, you tell me were there is a difference!

BTW, I have been more critical of Obama here on RTF. I just don't subscribe to two wrongs make it right.

ARay11
08-30-2012, 01:59 PM
http://paulryan.house.gov/voterecord/

ARay11
08-30-2012, 02:20 PM
this is so silly.... reading one HR4078. It is titled " Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act"

ammendments to HR4078 include:
make regulatory actions intended to ensure safe drinking water.
Part B of House Report 112-616 to exempt from the provisions of the bill any significant regulatory action specifically aimed at limiting oil speculation.
allow regulations protecting the public from extreme weather, including drought, flooding and catastrophic wildfire
Amendment sought to allow regulations that protect consumers under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Amendment sought to exempt issues relating to nuclear power plants from the obstacles to establishing safety protections in the following titles of H.R. 4078: Title I (Regulatory Freeze for Jobs Act); Title III (Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act); Title V (Responsibly and Professionally Invigorating Development (RAPID) Act.).
Amendment to reduce the term significant regulatory action from $100,000,000 or more to $50,000,000 or more in annual cost to the economy. This amendment would allow for more oversight on Federal Agency Regulations by lowering the dollar amount threshold
Amendment to require each Federal agency to submit and obtain approval from the Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) guidelines for ensuring and maximizing the quality, objectivity, utility, and integrity of scientific information relied upon by the agency.

and that's just a few of the ammendments....talk about ur GDG!!! LOL
so... a vote against this bill would be on the record as voting against Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act"

but maybe what I would really be against would be one of the sneaky little ammendments.

Just sayin

ppro
08-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Franco you are right I can not defend Paul Ryan's voting record. Unfortunately I live with the decision that my vote will only count if I vote for Romney/Ryan or Obama/Biden. I don't think anything else is important to the discussion without this being the ultimate underlying fact. Vetting either pair can show them in many lights. Please someone show me why Obama/ Biden should get another 4 years. Everyone on this board gives "facts". The only fact is these 2 pair of men are our choices. Choose wisely.

M&K's Retrievers
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Why, because I questions things and think all political candidates should be vetted? No. Just tired of listening to you gripe

Lots of responces but no one has been able to defend Ryan's voting record and that is enough reason to be concernedDon't have to defend what he has done. Your guy and his ideas lost. He wasn't even a distant 3rd.Other than his speech, and we all know how cheap talk is. What's the difference between his voting record the average Dem?Obama is not an average Dem. Not even close. There isn't any! So, when I say get ready for more of the same, just a different flavor, you tell me were there is a difference!

BTW, I have been more critical of Obama here on RTF.So what? just don't subscribe to two wrongs make it right.

Franco, all you want to do is find fault in the only hope we have at getting out of this mess. Support Romney/Ryan now while looking forward to 2016 for another try. Stop bellyaching. Your wasting time just like your about to waste your vote.

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Obama keeps saying we dont want to go Back back when ? the last 4 yrs? He's right about that we dont want to go back. Is he going to blame Bush forever 4 yrs is a long time I would like a Pres that will assume some responsibility. He spend 1.3 Trillion dollars in the last 12 months 5.3 trillion since he took over Bush isnt here anymore.

charly_t
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Franco you are right I can not defend Paul Ryan's voting record. Unfortunately I live with the decision that my vote will only count if I vote for Romney/Ryan or Obama/Biden. I don't think anything else is important to the discussion without this being the ultimate underlying fact. Vetting either pair can show them in many lights. Please someone show me why Obama/ Biden should get another 4 years. Everyone on this board gives "facts". The only fact is these 2 pair of men are our choices. Choose wisely.

I agree with this post 100%.

Meanwhile a relative forwarded this gem to me:
------------------------------------------

"WHO GIVES A CRAP WHERE OBAMA WAS BORN...
THE BIGGER PROBLEM IS WHERE HE LIVES NOW!"

BonMallari
08-30-2012, 03:45 PM
All I know id you have two choices at this point and I will vote for anyone that is not Obama. The bigger picture for me is four Supreme Court justices are 79+ years old and most in declining health, with Ginsburg having bouts with cancer.

THAT IS WHAT IS REALLY AT STAKE HERE....no way do I want 4 BHO appointees on the SCOTUS

that is classic....as RK would say that's a head shot BAM

Golddogs
08-30-2012, 04:29 PM
might want to go here and do some reading. Til then just a few facts Mr Ryan left out.

Don't matter what party, don't abide by those who don't tell the truth regards.

Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling (http://bit.ly/QViDNb)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png.
Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shut down of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush (http://bit.ly/N0Njkd)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.
Fact: Though Ryan insisted that President Obama wants to give all the credit for private sector success to government, that isn't what the president said. Period.
Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact (http://bit.ly/Pu0U53)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan (http://nyti.ms/QVjPQP)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/?cmpid=prn_aol&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D199374#ix zz254CyoRb5

Franco
08-30-2012, 04:45 PM
might want to go here and do some reading. Til then just a few facts Mr Ryan left out.

Don't matter what party, don't abide by those who don't tell the truth regards.

Fact: While Ryan tried to pin the downgrade of the United States’ credit rating on spending under President Obama, the credit rating was actually downgraded because Republicans threatened not to raise the debt ceiling (http://bit.ly/QViDNb)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png.
Fact: While Ryan blamed President Obama for the shut down of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin, the plant was actually closed under President George W. Bush (http://bit.ly/N0Njkd)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png. Ryan actually asked for federal spending to save the plant, while Romney has criticized the auto industry bailout that President Obama ultimately enacted to prevent other plants from closing.
Fact: Though Ryan insisted that President Obama wants to give all the credit for private sector success to government, that isn't what the president said. Period.
Fact: Though Paul Ryan accused President Obama of taking $716 billion out of Medicare, the fact (http://bit.ly/Pu0U53)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png is that that amount was savings in Medicare reimbursement rates (which, incidentally, save Medicare recipients out-of-pocket costs, too) and Ryan himself embraced these savings in his budget plan (http://nyti.ms/QVjPQP)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/?cmpid=prn_aol&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D199374#ix zz254CyoRb5

I too saw that earlier on Fox's website but didn't want to post it for fear that many here would have heart failure.

A great source for getting the straight answers.
http://www.factcheck.org/

P S

The USA's Credit Rating was downgraded because of our massive debt that continues to grow under both parties. How could it be downgraded and blamed on not raising the ceiling when the ceiling was rasied?

starjack
08-30-2012, 05:07 PM
So is Ryan going to be the president or is Romney. Vice President. Hummmmmmmmmmmm

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Well if something happens to Romney I would rather see Paul Ryan as Pres than crazy joe.

Golddogs
08-30-2012, 05:15 PM
I too saw that earlier on Fox's website but didn't want to post it for fear that many here would have heart failure.

A great source for getting the straight answers.
http://www.factcheck.org/

P S

The USA's Credit Rating was downgraded because of our massive debt that continues to grow under both parties. How could it be downgraded and blamed on not raising the ceiling when the ceiling was rasied?

Hey Franco,

Ya gotta love our MN delegates sticking to principle and endorsing your guy. Then the RNC goes and does away with the straw polling to continue to stiffle original thought among the new young Repubs.

Don't wann be a sheep baa, baa, baa Regards

mjh345
08-30-2012, 05:28 PM
You are attacking his voting record...all you do is attack....the vetting process was the primary season, it was the playoff season...like the BCS bowl system not everyone agrees on who gets in the championship game, but its the current rules in place..Nov 6 can't get here soon enough

Bon, this thread is about Paul Ryan. There is no way he was vetted during the primary season, since he was only announced well after the primary season was concluded

Gerry Clinchy
08-30-2012, 11:17 PM

Andrew Grossman, also of Heritage, produced something the MSM “fact checkers” avoid: a specific and detailed explanation of how the new waivers will allow states to evade the work requirements.

Even Ron Haskins, one of the reform bill’s authors now at the liberal Brookings Institution — cited far and wide for “blasting” Romney’s ad — doesn’t deny the Obama administration plans to waive the work requirements. He just says he supports waivers for “job training.” That’s not disputing the accuracy of Romney’s ads.

And liberal Kaus — whom liberal hacks are usually plagiarizing from — has written a series of blog posts explaining in detail why the Times is wrong and Romney’s ad is not incorrect. True, he says the ad is “oversimplified,” but I think most people grasp that a 30-second ad will not provide the lush analytical detail of a Kausfiles blog posting.

Kaus points out that the HHS memo announcing that Sebelius could allow waivers from work for “job training,” “job search” or “pursuing a credential” unquestionably constitutes “a weakening of the work requirement.” He adds that it’s also “unfair to the poor suckers who just go to work without ever going on welfare — they don’t get subsidized while they’re ‘pursuing a credential.’”
In a follow-up post, Kaus pointed out that the Times’ own editorial denouncing the Romney ad inadvertently revealed that Sebelius was proposing a lot more than “job search” exemptions from the work requirement.
Both the Times and an HHS memo cheerfully propose allowing hard-to-employ “families” — which are never actual families, by the way — to be “exempted from the work requirements for six months.” Or more than six months. It’s up to Sebelius: “Exempted.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/29/romneys-welfare-ad-is-accurate/#ixzz255sYr33j

The part that seems to have gone under the radar is that Sebelius gets a lot of latitude to determine how this particular executive order is actually implemented.

BonMallari
08-31-2012, 03:59 AM
Bon, this thread is about Paul Ryan. There is no way he was vetted during the primary season, since he was only announced well after the primary season was concluded

fair enough...but the Ryan voting record is relative...he is the VP nominee, he may help influence policy but he will not set policy...people always want to play GOTCHA politics...I look at his body of work while in the House, i think its solid..I think he will make a fine VP, it was the best pick to round out the ticket

menmon
08-31-2012, 08:57 AM
When looking at Ryan's voting record, you see someone that votes with the establishment.....No orginal thought there. Proposing a budget that is not acceptable by all the parties is a waste of time and shows no real leadership....not an affective CFO

Franco
08-31-2012, 09:24 AM
fair enough...but the Ryan voting record is relative...he is the VP nominee, he may help influence policy but he will not set policy...people always want to play GOTCHA politics...I look at his body of work while in the House, i think its solid..I think he will make a fine VP, it was the best pick to round out the ticket

Only if one is a Democrat. Again, not much difference between Ryan's voting record and Joe Biden's.

Franco
08-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey Franco,

Ya gotta love our MN delegates sticking to principle and endorsing your guy. Then the RNC goes and does away with the straw polling to continue to stiffle original thought among the new young Repubs.

Don't wann be a sheep baa, baa, baa Regards

Yes I do! When it became obvious to the RNC that Ron Paul could come to the convention with 400 or more delegates, they got nervous and changed the rules overnight. Their interest is in protecting the Establishment candidate and the status quo. RP had 35 of the 43 La delegates and the new rules implemented the day of the caucuses stipped him down to just 17.
“If Republicans don’t understand the important aspects of what Ron Paul is saying, we won’t be able to exist as a party, certainly not a majority party…” - Sen Jim DeMint

"In last night's tribute, Senator Jim DeMint (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Jim_DeMint) of South Carolina (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//South_Carolina) said Paul (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Rand_Paul) -- who in 1988 ran for president as the Libertarian Party (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Tea_Party_movement) candidate -- had inspired others by "not being afraid of anything," and that he embodied the anti-tax Tea Party (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Tea_Party_movement) "before there was a tea party." Senate (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//U.S._Senate) Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Kentucky) said that whether others wanted to admit it or not, "Ron Paul (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Rand_Paul) changed the conversation." Son Speaks A few minutes after the tribute, Paul (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Rand_Paul)'s son, Senator Rand Paul (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Rand_Paul) of Kentucky (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Kentucky), took the stage. While the younger Paul (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//Rand_Paul) has been talked about as a possible future presidential aspirant, he has yet to inherit his father's loyal following. He has, though, endorsed Romney, which his father stopped short of doing -- one of the reasons he was denied a speaking spot.
The elder Paul, who announced earlier this year that he wouldn't seek another House term, was Romney's last active challenger in the Republican (http://www.retrievertraining.net/topics//U.S._Republican_Party) presidential race. His campaign's grassroots efforts had won him significant convention representation in a handful of states, though Romney forces succeeded in ousting some of the Paul supporters, including those in the Maine, Louisiana and Oregon delegations.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A message from the Gary Johnson Campaign

Friends,
This week, the Liberty Movement is at a critical juncture.
The Republican Establishment gathered in Tampa for its convention is doing two things: Obviously, they are coronating their chosen nominee for President, Mitt Romney – who promises to deliver to America a continuation of big spending, big government, and war.
But while the coronation of Mitt Romney takes place on the stage, the Republican are trying to shut down Liberty at their convention and in their party.
As reported in the New York Times (http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/the-ron-paul-revolt/), “Delegates from Nevada tried to nominate Mr. Paul from the floor, submitting petitions from their own state as well as Minnesota, Maine, Iowa, Oregon, Alaska and the Virgin Islands. That should have done the trick: Rules require signatures from just five states. But the party changed the rules on the spot. Henceforth, delegates must gather petitions from eight states.”
At the invitation of supporters of Congressman Ron Paul, Governor Johnson traveled to Tampa in the days before the Republican convention to address the P.A.U.L. Fest. Anyone who was in the room – and there were about 2,000 Liberty advocates in attendance – can assure you that the Liberty Movement is not to be denied!
They can change the rules to keep Dr. Paul from being nominated. They can send their Washington, DC, lawyers to Iowa (http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/aug/29/libertarian-candidate-gary-johnson-be-iowa-ballot/) and file challenges in Pennsylvania (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/pennsylvania-gop-intimidation-tactics-wont-work) and Oklahoma (http://www.ballot-access.org/2012/08/29/oklahoma-attorney-general-ruled-on-august-17-that-americans-elect-may-not-place-a-presidential-candidate-on-the-ballot-but-kept-the-opinion-a-secret-and-tricked-libertarians-into-postponing-the-ball/) to try to keep Gov. Johnson off the November ballot. But they CANNOT silence the Liberty message that Governor Johnson and Congressman Paul are taking to every corner of America. It is a message that Governor Johnson will keep delivering at every opportunity – with your help today (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/).
When the media learned that Governor Johnson was in Tampa over the weekend, he didn’t have enough hours in the day to do all the interviews they requested. Why the attention? They had heard about Gov. Johnson’s reception at the P.A.U.L. Fest – and they were talking to Republican delegates who are saying Congressman Paul’s treatment at the convention is causing them to take a close look at Governor Gary Johnson.
We MUST seize the momentum this week’s events have created. We have a few short weeks to reach millions of Americans via email, advertising, phone calls and social media. When those voters face the reality that the Republicans and Democrats are offering them Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, they will be looking for the choice Gov. Johnson provides – and they need to hear from us. Your contribution today at www.garyjohnson2012.com (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/) will make that possible.
Please go to www.garyjohnson2012.com (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/) and ensure that the message of Liberty continues to spread. Never before has the opportunity been so great. Your contribution is the key to grabbing that opportunity.
Thank you for your friendship to Gov. Johnson, and your support. It is happening!
Ron Nielson
Senior Advisor
Gary Johnson 2012
P.S. Don’t forget. Right now, we are fighting legal battles all across the nation to fulfill Gov. Johnson’s pledge to be on the ballot in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Your contribution (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/) will help us win!

"

gmhr1
09-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Great speech hard to compete with Obama though, he just released the recipes for the White House beer now thats what the President of the United States needs to be doing brewing beer in the WH He cant meet and get a budget passed because he's to busy making/drinking beer