PDA

View Full Version : Few words - big meaning - from Clint Eastwood

J Hoggatt
08-30-2012, 09:18 PM
We the citzens of the United States- Own this country. Politicians are our employees -- and when they don't do the job-- We must let them go! - Clint Eastwood

road kill
08-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Went ahead and made my day!!!!!

gmhr1
08-30-2012, 09:50 PM
If you owned a business and an employee did the job Obama did would you keep him?
God Bless Clint Eastwood

2goldens
08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Loved it!!!!!

ARay11
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
ok, i know I'll probably get slammed for this.... but..... Clint Eastwood kinda seemed like an old guy just rambling on last night. He definitely had some good punch lines, but the whole empty chair bit and pretending Obama was telling them to shut up or go "do" something to yourself.... it was a little weird for me.

menmon
08-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I hope the DNC learned from this...Eastwood was a big distraction....today instead of talking about Romney, they are talking about how Eastwood rambled, instead of how on message Romney was.....big mistake.

Anyway one convention down and another to go and then the race is on...Obama is going to crusify Romney in the debates, and America will be tuned in.

ARay11
08-31-2012, 10:05 AM
I do think Owebama will outshine Rmoney on the big stage.... he's a better actor and has clooney coaching him.
:razz:

gmhr1
08-31-2012, 10:15 AM
I hope I can get around that well at 82. He wasnt a distraction he was an addition. Wonder what will fall out of the balloons at the DNC free birth control pills. Maybe Monica will pop out of a cake as a surprise for Bill especially since it was announced HILLARY wont be there!

BonMallari
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Clint coming to the forefront was to show that not all of Hollyweird are stereotypical libs..he was the warm up act..what better way to loosen up the night then to get a tough guy to come out and yuck it up a bit...Only seen bits and pieces of it, but Clint will make it "cool' for other actors and such to come out and show their conservative side. actors like Selleck,Voight,Grammer,Ratzenberger,Derek, will start showing up more and more

Marvin S
08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
ok, i know I'll probably get slammed for this.... but..... Clint Eastwood kinda seemed like an old guy just rambling on last night. He definitely had some good punch lines, but the whole empty chair bit and pretending Obama was telling them to shut up or go "do" something to yourself.... it was a little weird for me.

Clint Eastwood owes no one an apology - his spaghetti westerns were very entertaining & some are now classics - DH came at a time that the nation needed it - & Bridges was a whole new venue & some would say successful - & I speak from experience, if you're not blowing bubbles in a wheel chair at 82 you need notes as you think faster than you can talk - if you get there coherent you'll know what I talk about :)

crusify Please enlighten us - are you really that stupid or are you just putting us on????????

menmon
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
You are if you think Romney can out debate him....in fact Romney and his entire staff could not out debate him. We watched a year of it....didn't show you anything?

BonMallari
08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
You are if you think Romney can out debate him....in fact Romney and his entire staff could not out debate him. We watched a year of it....didn't show you anything?

BHO may be good in a debate format but now he has a failed administration to defend, not so easy to be glib and hip when GWB is no longer the target or a crotchety old man and a fiery unprepared veep as an opponent...

menmon
08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I think he has got a pretty good story to tell. When he took office we were lossing 700,000+/- jobs per week and had been for some time....he has been growing jobs for quite some time now. In spite of the smaller economy he has reduced spending and kept the deficit from getting larger. Some bad people are dead now. We are out of Iraq and getting out of Afg. Passed the affordable care act that is going to give millions of uninsured or underinsured people access to healthcare.

Anyway...ask yourself has the world been bad to you these past four years. Everyone I ask in Texas can't say it has. Now if it has been bad to you, please check your timeline as when it became bad and then please direct the blame at who was responsible....not the guy everyone wants to take the blame.

huntinman
08-31-2012, 11:23 AM
I think he has got a pretty good story to tell. When he took office we were lossing 700,000+/- jobs per week and had been for some time....he has been growing jobs for quite some time now. In spite of the smaller economy he has reduced spending and kept the deficit from getting larger. Some bad people are dead now. We are out of Iraq and getting out of Afg. Passed the affordable care act that is going to give millions of uninsured or underinsured people access to healthcare.

Anyway...ask yourself has the world been bad to you these past four years. Everyone I ask in Texas can't say it has. Now if it has been bad to you, please check your timeline as when it became bad and then please direct the blame at who was responsible....not the guy everyone wants to take the blame.

Does Romney have to debate Obama or the teleprompter?

ARay11
08-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Does Romney have to debate Obama or the teleprompter?

:-P :p
:razz:thats funny right there:p

ARay11
08-31-2012, 11:51 AM

"are you better off now" and "has the world been bad to you" and "you're making it just fine" "quit blaming" etc etc etc

Ok, here's my problem with Obama.....

He is promising to raise taxes again for my tax bracket. I can't handle another increase. I will not. I will find a way to alleviate myself of a few bills, and I will find another line of work. It will be cash intensive. I will still be successful, it just won't cost me so much. There are a myriad of others in my close circle of friends who feel the exact same way I do.

He promised he would place any law up for debate and televise that debate... and promised not to enact anything without full disclosure. Then, we got the ACA "let's just pass it so we can see what's in it".

We will not see the full impact of this plan until he is nearly out of office. Small business owners know the impact it will have on them and they are extremely worried. I personally know 2 businesses that once the full effect of the ACA is felt, they will lower the number of employees. One other local business here is going up for sale if Obama is re-elected (the ACA full effect estimated to cost too much). One other will consolidate 3 businesses into one. Whether or not these business owners are having a "knee jerk" reaction really does not matter. Are they simply crying "The sky is falling!"? Doesnt matter.
Their perception is their reality.

I am not as concerned with what he HAS done as with what he WILL do.

We have a president who is unafraid to circumvent congress when it suits him. Imagine what he will do when he is unafraid of re election.

duckheads
08-31-2012, 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Please enlighten us - are you really that stupid or are you just putting us on????????[/QUOTE]

I think I will keep your quote handy Marvin, if you don't mind?

Edit: guess I'm a little ignorant myself since I can figure out the multi quote feature!

starjack
08-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I hope the DNC learned from this...Eastwood was a big distraction....today instead of talking about Romney, they are talking about how Eastwood rambled, instead of how on message Romney was.....big mistake.

Anyway one convention down and another to go and then the race is on...Obama is going to crusify Romney in the debates, and America will be tuned in.Did you even hear what he said.

gmhr1
08-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Day of the debates Biden will call in sick that day i feel a serious health problem coming on. All Obama will do is laugh than lose his cool. Great picture taken from behind today you see two big ears sticking out and the tweet from BO "this seats taken" seems someone got his feeling hurt.

PamK
08-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Did you even hear what he said.

Did you mean Clint? It doesn't matter what Clint says, it matters what Romney says. If everyone is talking about Clint then Romney's message is lost.

I really do love Clint.

BonMallari
08-31-2012, 12:17 PM

You dont talk to the same people I do in Tx, and I have friends and family dispersed from Odessa,DFW, Houston, Austin,and way south TX...of course I wouldnt expect you and I to hang around in the same political or socio-economic circles...

starjack
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Did you mean Clint? It doesn't matter what Clint says, it matters what Romney says. If everyone is talking about Clint then Romney's message is lost.

I really do love Clint.

This thread is about Clint is it not?

menmon
08-31-2012, 12:56 PM
That is right and he took the limelight away from who needed it. It was not an effective convention, and your boy needed it to be.

huntinman
08-31-2012, 01:05 PM
That is right and he took the limelight away from who needed it. It was not an effective convention, and your boy needed it to be.

You are sounding more and more desperate. False bravado is not working... But keep talking, you sort of sound like Biden.

starjack
08-31-2012, 01:13 PM
That is right and he took the limelight away from who needed it. It was not an effective convention, and your boy needed it to be. He took nothing away from nobody. Because he said how bad your boy is doing is taking away from somebody.

You sir got your head so far up your boys ( YOU KNOW WHAT) you did not even hear a word he said.

I read your drivel and for the life of me cannot understand how a man of your age have such little common sence. I bolded sense so you would feel at home.:rolleyes:

BonMallari
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I got a chance to meet Clint Eastwood a couple of years back,wife didnt impress me (she was very attractive) but next to George Strait, cant think of any man that men want to be like, and women want to be with...the dude just has IT

menmon
08-31-2012, 01:22 PM
I read yours too. You act as if you elect Romney the world will change and you will be better for it. Let me let you in on a little secret....only thing that will change is the folks that don't need help will get more breaks and the debt will keep rising and the economy will continue to grind its way out of this mess, but Rush and Glenn will tell you that its all good and you will be happy. Actually live is more exciting with Obama as president because you can complain an blame someone. If Romney gets elected you have noone to blame....what would life be like with noone to blame?

huntinman
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
I read yours too. You act as if you elect Romney the world will change and you will be better for it. Let me let you in on a little secret....only thing that will change is the folks that don't need help will get more breaks and the debt will keep rising and the economy will continue to grind its way out of this mess, but Rush and Glenn will tell you that its all good and you will be happy. Actually live is more exciting with Obama as president because you can complain an blame someone. If Romney gets elected you have noone to blame....what would life be like with noone to blame?

You mean the sea levels won't recede and the earth won't cool??

starjack
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM
You are delusional. I have 620 post you have 1166 look back at yours and how many times have you used rush or beck to fall back on. Trust me the party of blame lies squarly on your side. I will take boring and keep my own hard earned money any day VS tax me and give it to a bunch of lowlifes. BTW. how can live get exciting??

menmon
08-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Your guys tax and give to the upper class....where my guy taxes and gives to the middle class. Your wantabe is a modern day Robin Hood in reverse:cool:

charly_t
08-31-2012, 02:01 PM

Ditto ! And I am a Clint Eastwood fan. I see him as being old ( like me ) and just not "with it" part of the time anymore. Of course I may just be seeing him as I see myself :-) :-) :-)

gmhr1
08-31-2012, 02:40 PM
To bad we couldnt have had Sandra Fluke she will really do alot for Obama or maybe for Bill since Hillary wont be there, shes staying as far away as possible. I hope BO talks about how we are ONE AMERICA not black white poor rich That will be worth a good laugh. More empty promises by an empty man! He will throw 30 women speakers ( Elizabeth warren to appeal to the Indian voters part of her toenail is Indian) and a lot will be black & hispanic to show how concerned he is skip all that just get them a JOB! It really gets old

Gerry Clinchy
08-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Sambo, look at the bright side, if Mitt gets elected, you'll get four years to tell everyone on the forum how foolish they were to vote for him.

menmon
08-31-2012, 02:56 PM
The forum will be no fun anymore.....I could tell you everyday that the economy sucks and it was Romney's fault but that is no fun. You guys can hold hands and sing Joy to the World or something I guess.

Good thing we don't have to worry about any of that happening...

road kill
08-31-2012, 03:02 PM

I could not be prouder of the way Romney and Ryan handled the convention!!

We leave the mud slinging garbage to the experts!!!

road kill
08-31-2012, 03:03 PM
The forum will be no fun anymore.....I could tell you everyday that the economy sucks and it was Romney's fault but that is no fun. You guys can hold hands and sing Joy to the World or something I guess.

Good thing we don't have to worry about any of that happening...
Does that mean we may be spared your pearls of wisdom????:D

starjack
08-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Your guys tax and give to the upper class....where my guy taxes and gives to the middle class. Your wantabe is a modern day Robin Hood in reverse:cool:How is cutting the tax rate raising taxes? All you guys do is try and blame Bush but i have noticed that you have not dropped his tax cut.

You babble about affordable health care were are we going to get the money to pay for it.

charly_t
08-31-2012, 06:25 PM
.................................................. ....( Elizabeth warren to appeal to the Indian voters part of her toenail is Indian)........................................... .

Take my word for it. Most indians ( Native Americans ) are tired of people claiming to be part indian. They call them "wanna be's". They even get upset with those of us who are indian but not in a government recognized tribe when we claim our heritage. Long story.
She will not be looked on with any favor by many actual Native Americans. Just my thoughts.

JDogger
08-31-2012, 08:48 PM
We the citzens of the United States- Own this country. Politicians are our employees -- and when they don't do the job-- We must let them go! - Clint Eastwood

Million dollar babble?

M&K's Retrievers
08-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Million dollar babble?

You know, JD, I initially thought the same thing. Then my wife pointed out that he is 83 and performing in front of a live audience working without a net (teleprompter). Er, Ah, Er aside, he got his point across. Fire 'em! Not just Obama.

gmhr1
08-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Not only do we get rid of Obama but his whole gang goes with him.

murral stark
08-31-2012, 09:50 PM
How is cutting the tax rate raising taxes? All you guys do is try and blame Bush but i have noticed that you have not dropped his tax cut.

You babble about affordable health care were are we going to get the money to pay for it.
From the increased revenue from the taxes levied on the richest people that are hiding money in foreign countries. It was proposed to leave the middle and low income class in place and raise the rate on the big earners. That didn't fly so they all stayed in place. I think they are going to expire and then there will really be chaos, because neither side wants to compromise. Both sides of the party lines are like kids pouting because they didn't get their way. Do away with the party system and elect people that want to do what is best for everybody not just one particular segment. I want to know how to fire the politicians not doing their job. I don't want to wait until the next election. If they ain't getting it done, fire em just like in the real world. People want to talk about wasteful spending. I say once they are out of office, their pay stops and they go back to work at a real job like everybody else. Maximum term limits of a total of eight years in office. After that, you're out and working like everybody else should be. No living off the taxpayer dollars for life because you were in office for a certain time period. That would save a whole bunch of money every year. That's pretty radical I guess.

ARay11
09-01-2012, 09:18 AM
From the increased revenue from the taxes levied on the richest people that are hiding money in foreign countries. It was proposed to leave the middle and low income class in place and raise the rate on the big earners. That didn't fly so they all stayed in place. I think they are going to expire and then there will really be chaos, because neither side wants to compromise. Both sides of the party lines are like kids pouting because they didn't get their way. Do away with the party system and elect people that want to do what is best for everybody not just one particular segment. I want to know how to fire the politicians not doing their job. I don't want to wait until the next election. If they ain't getting it done, fire em just like in the real world. People want to talk about wasteful spending. I say once they are out of office, their pay stops and they go back to work at a real job like everybody else. Maximum term limits of a total of eight years in office. After that, you're out and working like everybody else should be. No living off the taxpayer dollars for life because you were in office for a certain time period. That would save a whole bunch of money every year. That's pretty radical I guess.

Absolutely!! It occurs to me that it would be difficult to convince me to negotiate myself OUT of a job. Since our congressional leaders are the ones making the rules that govern their own positions, I would be amazed if they did. The new kids are a far cry from Gen GWashington... I don't think they will mandate themselves out of a job. If we want that done.... we need a different way of making rules.

Blackstone
09-01-2012, 12:52 PM

The only problem with that is I can see many of them catering to lobbyists that promise them a lucrative job or boat loads of money once they are out of office. I am afraid they will spend more time trying to secure that arrangement than trying to look out for the best interests of the general public.

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
09-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Now if it has been bad to you, please check your timeline as when it became bad and then please direct the blame at who was responsible....not the guy everyone wants to take the blame.

Everybody hates that timeline thing on Facebook...all sorts of posts about it from around the world. If getting rid of Obama solves the problem, I'm all for it!

menmon
09-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Everybody hates that timeline thing on Facebook...all sorts of posts about it from around the world. If getting rid of Obama solves the problem, I'm all for it!

I would be for that too...but he is not the problem....people just want to make him it so their team will win. He clearly has the best interest of Americans and has his hands around the issues facing this country. The economy will grind it way out of this ditch but no president is going to fix it.

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
09-01-2012, 08:22 PM
I would be for that too...but he is not the problem....people just want to make him it so their team will win. He clearly has the best interest of Americans and has his hands around the issues facing this country. The economy will grind it way out of this ditch but no president is going to fix it.

Didn't Jimmy Carter say something like that in the '70's? Something about growing peanuts and gas prices?

Gerry Clinchy
09-01-2012, 08:30 PM
He clearly has the best interest of Americans and has his hands around the issues facing this country.

If I could bring myself to believe that, I could vote for him.

The economy will grind it way out of this ditch but no president is going to fix it
But the POTUS can do quite a lot ... just as Obama stopped the Keystone pipeline, he could have approved it instead.

Putting some restraints on the EPA can be quite powerful.

A POTUS can establish optimism in many ways.

JDogger
09-01-2012, 09:09 PM
If I could bring myself to believe that, I could vote for him.

But the POTUS can do quite a lot ... just as Obama stopped the Keystone pipeline, he could have approved it instead.

Putting some restraints on the EPA can be quite powerful.

A POTUS can establish optimism in many ways.

Gerry, if the impelentation (sp) of the the oil shale pipeline makes sense dollarwise vs. politically, it will happen....never seen a dollar give an inch to an idea... JD

Marvin S
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Gerry, if the impleEMEntation (sp) of the the oil shale pipeline makes sense dollarwise vs. politically, it will happen....never seen a dollar give an inch to an idea... JD

I believe the economy could have used that boost now :confused:.

JDogger
09-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I believe the economy could have used that boost now :confused:.

Have you been losing in your investments ? JD

huntinman
09-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Gerry, if the impelentation (sp) of the the oil shale pipeline makes sense dollarwise vs. politically, it will happen....never seen a dollar give an inch to an idea... JD

Then you have had your head in the sand (or somewhere) the last four years...