PDA

View Full Version : Calif Dem compares Ryan to Nazi

BonMallari
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
looks like Zeus isnt the only one to use the Joseph Goebels reference about the Republicans....now we are just waiting for the jackbooted thugs reference to come out

Greetings from the California delegation breakfast at the DNC where before he had a cup of coffee Democratic Party Chair John Burton – much like his ol’ palGuv Jerry Brown once did – just compared the Republicans to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels, for “telling the big lie,” a reference to several falsehoods GOP VP nominee Paul Ryan recently told.

“They lie and they don’t care if people think they lie… Joseph Goebbels – it’s the big lie, you keep repeating it,” Burton said Monday before the Blake Hotel breakfast. He said Ryan told “a bold-faced lie and he doesn’t care that it was a lie. That was Goebbels, the big lie.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/big-california-dem-compares-paul-ryan-nazi-joseph-goebbels_651508.html

menmon
09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
You act surprised.

zeus3925
09-03-2012, 12:26 PM
looks like Zeus isnt the only one to use the Joseph Goebels reference about the Republicans....now we are just waiting for the jackbooted thugs reference to come out

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/big-california-dem-compares-paul-ryan-nazi-joseph-goebbels_651508.html

The SOB stole my lines!

BonMallari
09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
You act surprised.

actually kinda sad that the politics of our country is reduced to crap like this, its shameful what BOTH sides do,and its the American public that gets the shaft...WE as a Nation deserve better out of our elected officials...but then again maybe we don't since somehow the nation elected some of these morons

Franco
09-03-2012, 01:54 PM
actually kinda sad that the politics of our country is reduced to crap like this, its shameful what BOTH sides do,and its the American public that gets the shaft...WE as a Nation deserve better out of our elected officials...but then again maybe we don't since somehow the nation elected some of these morons

Both sides are dishonest and have been for a while. Did Ryan ever apologize for saying that Obama closed that car plant in Wisconsin? The one that was closed while Bush was in office.

huntinman
09-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Both sides are dishonest and have been for a while. Did Ryan ever apologize for saying that Obama closed that car plant in Wisconsin? The one that was closed while Bush was in office.

They were still producing vehicles there 4 months after Obama was sworn in. Obama motors could have kept it open if they wanted.

PamK
09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE]but then again maybe we don't since somehow the nation elected some of these morons [QUOTE]

I heard on talk radio on Friday that more people in the age group of 18 - 49 watched an episode of Honey Honey Boo Boo than watched Romney's speech.

I didn't fact check this but it wouldn't surprise me.

Franco
09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
A very sad commentary on today's electorate! Just one reason why the electorate gets the government they deserve.

Could have something to do with the fact that the candidates are decided prior to the conventions. I still feel we were better served when the candidates got to duke it out at the convention, as the real players came out of it much stronger.

Eric Johnson
09-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Did Ryan ever apologize for saying that Obama closed that car plant in Wisconsin? The one that was closed while Bush was in office.

It turns out the Ryan was correct. It was the Obama campaign HQ that told the falsehood and the "fact checkers" on the left simply repeated the lie without checking their "facts."

Franco
09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
It turns out the Ryan was correct. It was the Obama campaign HQ that told the falsehood and the "fact checkers" on the left simply repeated the lie without checking their "facts."

Well then, my apologies to Ryan.

road kill
09-03-2012, 04:11 PM

How "Goebels-esque," oh, wait, that's only when the right does it.

My bad...........

caryalsobrook
09-03-2012, 04:20 PM

kFranco, I expected better that that from you. Evidently you also dod not listen to what ryan said. He never said that the plant closed during the time of the Obama presidency, nor did he say that Obama had anything to do with the closing. what he said was that Obama, during the primary made a speech at the plant that he would help keep it open and the fact was that it closed in less than a year. I will agree that one could jump to conclusions and misinterpret what he said(not necessarily take it out of context), andprobably was poorly expressed. but he did not say that the plant was closed during the Obama administration. that is false.

BonMallari
09-03-2012, 05:14 PM
A very sad commentary on today's electorate! Just one reason why the electorate gets the government they deserve.

Could have something to do with the fact that the candidates are decided prior to the conventions. I still feel we were better served when the candidates got to duke it out at the convention, as the real players came out of it much stronger.

as it should be....if delegates were allowed to choose at the convention then all kinds of shenanigans can occur....when the states vote a certain way the delegates are there to cast their votes that way, not make up their own mind...There is already plenty of that going on in the House and Senate

huntinman
09-03-2012, 05:36 PM

I told you the same thing several posts back... not good enough then, huh?

JDogger
09-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I told you the same thing several posts back... not good enough then, huh?

Stan, is huh? somehat similar to eh?

Just askin' ? ;-) JD

caryalsobrook
09-03-2012, 06:09 PM

That is really funny. I watch MSNBC a lot to hear what they have to say. Chris Maathews, Rachael Maddow, Al sharpton and Ed(whatever his last name is) must have repeated the line that the plant closed during the bush administration at least a dozen times that night.. It never dawned on me that they would be stupid enough to harp on it so much had they not even checked for accuracy. Oh well maybe buzz watches Fox too much to tune into MSNBC to hear such collosal boo boos.

I'm beginning to wonder if they even know whis is running for Pres. and which is running for VP- the reporters at MSNBC, that is.:p

Marvin S
09-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Post #9

Post #10

Anyone besides me find this funny :) :razz: !!!!!!!!!!

Eric Johnson
09-03-2012, 06:51 PM
The Janesville plant ran two product lines, cars and either SUVs or light trucks. In Dec of 2008, they shut down the line building cars and continued the one building trucks. Then, in April 2009, the plant was closed.

Ken Bora
09-03-2012, 07:04 PM
.......Could have something to do with the fact that the candidates are decided prior to the conventions. I still feel we were better served when the candidates got to duke it out at the convention, as the real players came out of it much stronger.

quite right!
last pres that came out of a brokered convention was
Carter and GOSH ain't never been a stronger one than he!

Gerry Clinchy
09-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Seems like Mr. Burton conveniently forgets about the Dem fiction: "Someone told me he didn't pay taxes for ten years." ... "He may even be a felon." ... "He killed my wife."

BTW, I've heard/seen that Bill Clinton ad for Obama several times. He says we should stick with Obama's plan, because it will maintain a strong middle class, and that will lead to prospertiy. I have a question here: What is this plan?

I believe the original plan was all about the stimulus. (don't expect anyone will vote for another one of those, no matter who wins in 2012). We're going to let young illegals stay here and work. That ought to help a lot. We're going to continue to pursue alternative energy sources? (so energy costs will continue to rise?) Obamacare will move forward. This plan has not been working real well. Is there some NEW plan that I haven't heard of?

mngundog
09-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Seems like Mr. Burton conveniently forgets about the Dem fiction: "Someone told me he didn't pay taxes for ten years." ... "He may even be a felon." ... "He killed my wife."

BTW, I've heard/seen that Bill Clinton ad for Obama several times. He says we should stick with Obama's plan, because it will maintain a strong middle class, and that will lead to prospertiy. I have a question here: What is this plan?

I believe the original plan was all about the stimulus. (don't expect anyone will vote for another one of those, no matter who wins in 2012). We're going to let young illegals stay here and work. That ought to help a lot. We're going to continue to pursue alternative energy sources? (so energy costs will continue to rise?) Obamacare will move forward. This plan has not been working real well. Is there some NEW plan that I haven't heard of?
Now that you mentioned it, sounds like Obama stole most of the Republican's ideas, he stole Romney's health care plan, Bush's stimulus plan, and Rubio's immigration plan , maybe he's a Republican after all.

menmon
09-04-2012, 10:19 AM
So vote for him....at least he has some personality....something the republican does not

huntinman
09-04-2012, 10:42 AM
So vote for him....at least he has some personality....something the republican does not

If you were going in for open-heart surgery would you want the surgeon that had personality or the one that knew what the hell he was doing and had actually performed heart surgery before?

gmhr1
09-04-2012, 10:53 AM
I dont need personality, thats the problem Obama wants to be a stand up comedian instead of doing the job he was hired for FIX THE ECONOMY

menmon
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
You act as if this guy has been president before and has an established record. Carzine is a perfect example of a rich guy that ran GS that was a total flop. Bain Capital and Goldman are not that different...same type of charactors run them. This thought that businessmen make good public leaders is false. The rules are to different. Just think, you have to get 200+ reps to agree with you and 50+ senators while everyone of them has a different agenda

huntinman
09-04-2012, 12:33 PM
You act as if this guy has been president before and has an established record. Carzine is a perfect example of a rich guy that ran GS that was a total flop. Bain Capital and Goldman are not that different...same type of charactors run them. This thought that businessmen make good public leaders is false. The rules are to different. Just think, you have to get 200+ reps to agree with you and 50+ senators while everyone of them has a different agenda

And Obama has proven over four years that he can't get even ONE democrat to vote in favor of one of his budgets.

Time to move on...

zeus3925
09-04-2012, 10:27 PM

And most of those are lawyers or businessmen. Jimmy Carter was a businessman and Republicans just adored him. "W" was a businessman and he nearly ruined the country and everyone else. But, Republicans ain't so proud of him. They have a litter of kittens whenever his failed presidency is mentioned.

HPL
09-04-2012, 11:49 PM
And most of those are lawyers or businessmen. Jimmy Carter was a businessman and Republicans just adored him. "W" was a businessman and he nearly ruined the country and everyone else. But, Republicans ain't so proud of him. They have a litter of kittens whenever his failed presidency is mentioned.

I LIKE GW and have no problem saying so. I'd probably vote for him again if he could run. Would certainly vote for him over the current failure (had a hard time coming up with a word that wouldn't get me banned).

BonMallari
09-05-2012, 01:57 AM

Huh...over Gerald Ford ? just a little revisionist history...yup I really loved waiting in line for those odd/even gas rationing days..I dont know about the rest of the country because I was in college in Southern Calif, but we all thought he was just a dumb southern peanut farmer and wondered how he got the nomination and eventually the Presidency

zeus3925
09-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Huh...over Gerald Ford ? just a little revisionist history...yup I really loved waiting in line for those odd/even gas rationing days..I dont know about the rest of the country because I was in college in Southern Calif, but we all thought he was just a dumb southern peanut farmer and wondered how he got the nomination and eventually the Presidency

Tongue in cheek, Bon. Those two guys are examples how a businessman is perfectly able to botch a presidency.

road kill
09-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Now that you mentioned it, sounds like Obama stole most of the Republican's ideas, he stole Romney's health care plan, Bush's stimulus plan, and Rubio's immigration plan , maybe he's a Republican after all.
You are probably right, because Obama certainly doesn't have any ideas of his own!!!!

charly_t
09-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Tongue in cheek, Bon. Those two guys are examples how a businessman is perfectly able to botch a presidency.

All business men who have been good in one kind of busness may not know how to apply good practices in another business. The overall picture has to be seen etc. Personally I think a military man would be better in some ways. Since we don't have one of those running ..................

Raymond Little
09-05-2012, 03:26 PM

Affirmative Action in the Loan Department ruined our Economy and was let loose by Dims. Wall St was charged with covering it up with Derivatives because the Dims knew eventually the house of cards would fold. Bush was in office and got caught when the music stopped playing to the main skreet media's delite. Barney Fag would give it up if we could only water board him a little.

coachmo
09-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Comparing the republicans to nazi's is as crazy as comparing democrats to intelligent beings.

murral stark
09-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Here's a funny little humorous quote for all of us that argue both sides of the political spectrum. This is not directed at any one in particular. Light hearted fun.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!!" Unknown.