PDA

View Full Version : DEMs Drop GOD From Party Platform

huntinman
09-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Surefire way to influence undecided mainstream Americans...

Exclusive: Democrats Drop 'God' From Party Platform

Guess what? God’s name has been removed from the Democratic National Committee platform.

This is the paragraph that was in the 2008 platform:

“We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Now the words “God-given” have been removed. The paragraph has been restructured to say this:

“We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.”

gmhr1
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
No place for God in Obamas life.

Down East Labs 217
09-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Makes you wonder what god he prays to and how many times a day. Just saying

Richard

gmhr1
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
IN GOD WE TRUST not if Obama gets relected

Down East Labs 217
09-04-2012, 06:44 PM
In Mohammad we trust if the POTUS gets re-elected. You can say what you want I will always think he lied to the American public about his religion.

My opinion

Richard

Down East Labs 217
09-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I think he will come out of the closet if he gets re-elected. Just say'n

Richard

gmhr1
09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=11010 The DNC also threw Israel under the bus removing Jerusalem as Capital .

charly_t
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
In Mohammad we trust if the POTUS gets re-elected. You can say what you want I will always think he lied to the American public about his religion.

My opinion

Richard

Ditto ! There are times when I don't think he knows what he believes in. I think that he is a true puppet.
One thing I do think that I know about him is that he is a very good acter.

Dustin D
09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Bout time.

BonMallari
09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=11010 The DNC also threw Israel under the bus removing Jerusalem as Capital .

that will go over like a lead balloon in West Palm Beach.....did anyone watch the interview by Bret Baier with Dick Durbin, he got downright testy when Baier confronted him about the "new"platform.....Guessing the DNC figures there are more atheists and agnostics, the Jerusalem omittance seems like a sure way to lose the hard core Jewish vote....m beginning to think that the far left wing of the D party has hijacked the platform

cant wait to hear how menmon is going to spin this one, since he has stated his devout Christian side..

Gerry Clinchy
09-04-2012, 08:46 PM
"We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.” But if you should become too successful, we will make sure that some of your success is spread around to those less fortunate in having less talent & less drive, since we can't trust that you are smart enough, in your charitable intentions, to give enough of this money to the right causes that, in our more informed opinion, really need it the most.

Ken Bora
09-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Makes you wonder what god he prays to and how many times a day. Just saying

Richard

Not to split hairs,
‘cause my interest in the democratic platform is about as deep
as my interest in watching two man luge competition.
But, um, ain’t the God of Isaac and the God of Ishmael, the same Dude?
‘member that pesky, boring Old Testament know body ever reads?
Them hateful, murdering, Jihads are technically praying to the same God
All the Bible Belt Baptists, Roman Catholics and even the Church of Later Day Saints are.
Of course, on our side. We got the Klan. Ain’t nobody without a bit of sin.

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 09:48 AM
They didnt want to offend the pro choice people (Obama supports partial birth abortions) and gays by putting God in their platform. There were over 300 gay delegates last night . This is where they are taking us and that fine just best to leave God out.

road kill
09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
God mentioned=0
Obama mentioned=200

Narcissist??

menmon
09-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Surefire way to influence undecided mainstream Americans...

Exclusive: Democrats Drop 'God' From Party Platform

Guess what? God’s name has been removed from the Democratic National Committee platform.

This is the paragraph that was in the 2008 platform:

“We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Now the words “God-given” have been removed. The paragraph has been restructured to say this:

“We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.”

Obviously you were not tuned in to the convention nor listened to Michelle Obama speech, and by the way it was a fantastic speech....she clearly is the smarter woman:D

Anyway...this a political convention not a pray meeting:confused:

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 10:20 AM
It doesnt matter if she said God bless you it was taken by choice out of the platform. It wasnt a mistake it was removed this tells you the values, morales of this party. They can back peddle and say God Bless America a million times which Im sure they will considering the back lash it wont matter the damage has been done. Someone should have known better before voting on taking it out. As one guy asked Brett Baier are you saying we are a Godless party? If the shoe fits......This will turn out to be a big deal dip into the excuse bucket and pull out some more

menmon
09-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Republicans remind me of those folks that attend church for an hour on Sunday and act holyer than thou...praying and throwing up their hands and then leave and don't think about doing God's work until next Sunday...hypocrits I think is what you call them.

Christ-like means living a unselfish life, helping your brothers, not being judgmental, and truly doing God's work. Not just talking about it. Like that guy who ends his emails with God Bless and everytime you see them says God a few times, but his actions are selfish and not like God....That to me is worse than just being selfish...at least that guy does not try to paint himself up with God for individual gain.

One time a guy ask me was being a Mason good for business and I told him yes, but don't become one to sell more cars, but if you do and are a good man, you will sell more cars. See the religious right is doing it to sell more cars and sickening:mad:

ARay11
09-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Republicans remind me of those folks that attend church for an hour on Sunday and act holyer than thou...praying and throwing up their hands and then leave and don't think about doing God's work until next Sunday...hypocrits I think is what you call them.

Christ-like means living a unselfish life, helping your brothers, not being judgmental, and truly doing God's work. Not just talking about it. Like that guy who ends his emails with God Bless and everytime you see them says God a few times, but his actions are selfish and not like God....That to me is worse than just being selfish...at least that guy does not try to paint himself up with God for individual gain.

One time a guy ask me was being a Mason good for business and I told him yes, but don't become one to sell more cars, but if you do and are a good man, you will sell more cars. See the religious right is doing it to sell more cars and sickening:mad:

We do have a choice this time... There IS a guy running for president that DOES walk the walk... and I have brand new news for you.... it isn't BHO.

menmon
09-05-2012, 10:49 AM
No he talks the talk or his views would be different.

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Well bo has the atheisist vote but he will lose the Jewish for leaving out Jerusalem as the Capital and probably lose alot of votes based on his decision to go Godless. Gay marriage, abortion, no God, yep thats what he wants the U.S. to stand for.

menmon
09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Obviously you have never spent much time with jewish people....I worked and lived around them for years and I always asked why they voted democrat and the reason is they don't want someone shoving chistrianity down their children throat. So don't think for a minute that Romeny will get the jewish vote.

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 11:19 AM
This is the first time this has been changed in the platform I dont care how they voted in the past they wont support this Pres wait and see. Debbie w Shultz lied about this and got called on it is this all these people do is lie

http://nation.foxnews.com/debbie-wasserman-schultz/2012/09/05/debbie-wasserman-schultz-gop-has-made-israel-political-football

She denied saying this went on Sheppard Smith last night denied again BUT they have her on tape saying it Good try Debbie. Just another LIE!

BTW Israel is not very happy

menmon
09-05-2012, 11:34 AM
If you heard it on FOX it probably half true at best

caryalsobrook
09-05-2012, 11:38 AM

The gov. is not, has not, nor will ever be in the charity business. It is is the rules, regulations, taxes, control and dependence business. ahyone who professes that by paying taxes is performing their charity to those in need ARE THE ONES WHO ARE HIPPOCRITS!!! I do believe Romney has, as an individual offered both his time and money significantly to help his neighbor.

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh I know you cant believe any of the news stations or papers sorry but its true the Dems really messed up this time . This will cost them big! There were always mentions of God in past platforms he is not mentioned in this one for one reason OBAMA. The Dems believe TAX PAYER funded abortion is a womens right and there are no RESTRICTIONS partial birth is fine with them, so God really doesnt fit in.

ARay11
09-05-2012, 12:02 PM

:confused: I am curious... Which views, exactly, would be different? I am sorry, I do not follow your line of thinking here.

menmon
09-05-2012, 12:04 PM
They had a good night....I know that is not what you wanted to hear....so lets make an issue out of God and Jews because you believe it will cast a dark cloud over them. The people they hope to reach are a little bit smarter than this...give them a little credit.

ARay11
09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
They had a good night....I know that is not what you wanted to hear....so lets make an issue out of God and Jews because you believe it will cast a dark cloud over them. The people they hope to reach are a little bit smarter than this...give them a little credit.

They did have a good night. About the same fluff n stuff of the RNC. All fluff, no real substance. I was very disappointed that Michelle Obama's speech was a bit on the "defensive".... felt like she was trying to say "My hubby is a good guy, too!".

I suppose that's what these conventions are for... get the ball rolling, start some motivation. Hopefully, we will see some real meat soon.

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 12:13 PM
All she talked about was more Gov't jobs so at least she held true to her beliefs. I think Ann Romney said we can trust her husband to. Obama says a woman has a right to do what she wants with her own body than let her pay for her own abortion the taxpayers do not need to.

menmon
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM
You guys are all about tax cuts....birth control will reduce the number of folks on the dole...please make up your mind...want to sterleize in one breath and take offense to birth control

BonMallari
09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Obviously you have never spent much time with jewish people....I worked and lived around them for years and I always asked why they voted democrat and the reason is they don't want someone shoving chistrianity down their children throat. So don't think for a minute that Romeny will get the jewish vote.

You do realize that the Jews are at the core of Christianity as the western world knows it...Jewish people are Christians

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 12:29 PM
women can always get birth control wow it costs 9 a month . I do not want my tax payer money to pay for a late term abortion ( or any) because she finds out its a girl and they wanted a boy. Obama believes this is fine.

caryalsobrook
09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
You guys are all about tax cuts....birth control will reduce the number of folks on the dole...please make up your mind...want to sterleize in one breath and take offense to birth control

Again, more absolute total BS. AND AGAIN, a woman can go to the local county health department and get birth control pills FOR FREE. talk about availability, all they have to do is GO. Takes less energy for that than having sex-- unless they just lie there.:rolleyes:

starjack
09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Just on tv God and jerusalem are back on the platform. Way to late for me.

menmon
09-05-2012, 05:34 PM
The only news network talking about this is FOX...wonder why?

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Wouldn't matter if they put it back question is why did they take it out? Way worse to put it back now.

starjack
09-05-2012, 05:51 PM

HA HA cause messnbc ,cnn, know its to late now. But fox knows it must get out .

starjack
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't matter if they put it back question is why did they take it out? Way worse to put it back now. You sir are correct

menmon
09-05-2012, 05:57 PM
What was it suppose to say? Some document they call a platform has to have the word god in it or it is wrong....most everyone I heard speak had god in their heart and said god...so did it say not to say god?

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 06:14 PM
They took a vote on the floor to add it back in, the No's had it they didnt know what to do so they took the vote again, the No's had it again. I guess they ended up taking the vote three times, but they said it passed by 2/3 which now is really bad. The no's were much louder the poor little speaker looked around and didnt know what to do. If you listen it didnt pass.

starjack
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
What was it suppose to say? Some document they call a platform has to have the word god in it or it is wrong....most everyone I heard speak had god in their heart and said god...so did it say not to say god?

They had to take two vote to see if they should leave it as is or change it . They used a sound vote of yes or no never took a hand vote. now they are trying to blame the gop for this.

To bad the gop had nothing to do with this. This joke of a convention is better than comedy central. But what BO is doing to the usa is not funny at all. 4 dollar gas regards.

john fallon
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
You do realize that the Jews are at the core of Christianity as the western world knows it...Jewish people are Christians

Of course they were at the core............but generally speaking most were not. While there were groups within the Jewish people that embrace Christianity the majority did not.

Today, in number, those that do are a minuscule % of the total number of christians worldwide, and they are also also a minuscule percentage of of those people with Jewish ethnicity.

Here is an interesting thumbnail cronology on the matter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Christian#Contemporary_movements:_Jewish_Ch ristians.2C_Messianic_Jews
john

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
The words didnt just walk off the page The democrat party is really split now because this vote did not pass. Obama didnt think anyone would even read this hes walking it back now as fast as he can.

helencalif
09-05-2012, 07:15 PM
They had to take two vote to see if they should leave it as is or change it .

3 votes were taken. Questionable whether it passed or not. Sounded all 3 times like the vote was no, but without taking a vote via computers, it will always be questionable. Sure was an odd way to handle it. It was declared that 2/3's voted yes and the vote was declared as passing.

The question still remains as to why the word God was removed and why Jerusalem as the recognized capitol of Israel was removed by the DNC platform committee.

Helen

PamK
09-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by BonMallar
Jewish people are Christians

Most Jewish people don't think they are Christians.

HPL
09-05-2012, 11:29 PM
As anyone who has been keeping up should know, I'm no Obama fan (to put it gently), but I just must not appreciate the intricacies here. The current platform's position on Israel seems pretty tough to me.

Ken Bora
09-06-2012, 07:20 AM

CBS just did 2 min on it right now.
Dem talking head said POTUS did not know God had been taken out and it was he who commanded the put back vote.
And went of to speak of his leadership.

Dustin D
09-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Most Jewish people don't think they are Christians.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96qikFvMa1qlydob.jpg

helencalif
09-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I can't imagine that a party platform would be written, but not shown to the President for his approval. If FOX NEWS had not noticed God was left out and Jerusalem was left out and then reported it, the platform would have been approved as written. But FN did report it and there was a fire storm about it. The POTUS recognized that this was not a good distraction so he had the wording put back in.

The question is... why was the wording omitted? Those who prepared the text of the platform had made a decision to omit the wording. Who were they and why?

Three votes were taken. TV viewers heard the response. Why did the majority of the delegates vote NO to place the words back into the platform? You heard how it was handled. "2/3's majority yes". Say what?

If I were a DNC delegate in the hall when the vote was taken, I would be wondering about that.

Helen

gmhr1
09-06-2012, 01:11 PM
They will never tell us why it was taken out, it wasnt just a mistake since it had to be voted on to be left out. If you heard the loud yells of No they dont want it in , that tells me alot. God does not have a place in Obamas world

huntinman
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
They will never tell us why it was taken out, it wasnt just a mistake since it had to be voted on to be left out. If you heard the loud yells of No they dont want it in , that tells me alot. God does not have a place in Obamas world

the same can be said for a majority of the delegates at the DNC Convention.

Daniel J Simoens
09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
not sure if this video has been posted here or not, but i'll post it again

http://youtu.be/jQpXnCt_njc

seems legit

menmon
09-06-2012, 02:04 PM

I know...but I also know that christians have hated them in the past too. I'm pretty sure the christian right was not planning on voting for him anyway too.

HPL
09-06-2012, 02:10 PM
not sure if this video has been posted here or not, but i'll post it again

http://youtu.be/jQpXnCt_njc

seems legit

Did I understand the vote correctly? It seems to me that they amended the platform to recognize Jerusalem and to put God back in the wording.

road kill
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I know in Philadelphia they have BOOED Santa Claus, but this is the first time I have ever heard people BOO God!!!

You "secular progressives" must be very proud!!!:cool:

Daniel J Simoens
09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
http://c498390.r90.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/StricklandTelemprompter-500x281.jpg

the...speaker...must...do...as...told [/computer voice]

Dustin D
09-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I think both the sides got screwed the same in one week.

The Ron Paul rule change was voted on and sounded just like this Dem Debacle vote.

Neither should have gone through.

Paul should have been allowed to speak, and the DEM's should have kept their change.

menmon
09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I agree....