PDA

View Full Version : Critiques?

JDogger
09-04-2012, 10:41 PM
So....? no critiques forthcoming of tonights DNC?

Are we sleeping...? or just in denial? JD

Ken Bora
09-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I was able to sit through about 5 min of the First Lady of the United States.
then noted the Last of the Mohicans was on. Love the beauty of nature in that movie.
Finger lakes region of NY I believe? no brainer for me. not like she could change my mind or anything.

give me dry powder and a silk patch for my round ball regards! :cool:

JDogger
09-04-2012, 11:39 PM
then noted the Last of the Mohicans was on. Love the beauty of nature in that movie.
Finger lakes region of NY I believe? no brainer for me. not like she could change my mind or anything.

give me dry powder and a silk patch for my round ball regards! :cool:

Randolph Scott or DD Lewis ?

M&K's Retrievers
09-04-2012, 11:43 PM

No Hugh, just sick of their BS.

Ken Bora
09-04-2012, 11:45 PM
My shift today was 1pm - 9pm
after dog time, F.L.U.S. was who was on.

JDogger
09-05-2012, 12:12 AM
My shift today was 1pm - 9pm
after dog time, F.L.U.S. was who was on.

I bought a flat of California black figs yesterday. Everybody in the house is required to eat three figs a day.
Fig Lovers of the United States. Gotcha...JD

BonMallari
09-05-2012, 01:52 AM
I was more interested in the interviews with Dem party guys like Lanny Davis,Bill Richardson and even Dick Durbin......and have come away with this conclusion

Its all about the Dem's staying in power, BHO is their horse and he is the one they will have to ride in the race, They may not like it but its more important for them to win, so they will spout the party line, and even though its a schiat sandwich, they own it, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to win...its the classic US vs Them mentality

Their convention is not much different than the R convention, just different talking points and avoiding the major issues, and demonizing Romney

Daniel J Simoens
09-05-2012, 07:22 AM
I see the DNC was on BET last night. Just curious, but was the RNC?????

pat addis
09-05-2012, 07:35 AM
they also had the gov of illinois on telling every on how good ill is doing under obama he must not get out of chicago much in my part of il you can't force a company to locate here with a gun. oh well it's only a matter of time till he'll be making our license plates to

Brandoned
09-05-2012, 08:06 AM
I see the DNC was on BET last night. Just curious, but was the RNC?????

I noticed that too and it is $hit like that that gets me! If the right says anything "we" are labled a racist, but "they" can do whatever they want and it is ok!

gmhr1
09-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I enjoyed watching Michelle , she can deliver a good speech she told us what a nice guy Bo is loves his kids yada, yada, yada.
Although the jobs she talked about were all Gov't jobs since thats his plan more Gov't. At least not one speaker told this ie.... we are better off today than we were 4 years ago not even his wife.
They had the speakers turned up full volume so it would sound like the people were really loud the news finally asked them to turn it down so they could be heard.

Marvin S
09-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Having attended a few County & State conventions I find them worse than a meeting that goes on too long, so I don't watch anything. One can usually pick up the high notes in the print media :).

You know the D's are lying through their teeth when their main man is the former POTUS & his wife. & one can hope the R's will be shamed into doing what they promise - I have great hope this time, of course I thought Goldwater would have solved a lot of the nations ills at the time.

The Brother of the Potus wife apparently did a little recruiting during his speech :cool:, he's actually not a bad coach - must have gotten all the talent in the family.

Sundown49 aka Otey B
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
they also had the gov of illinois on telling every on how good ill is doing under obama he must not get out of chicago much in my part of il you can't force a company to locate here with a gun. oh well it's only a matter of time till he'll be making our license plates to
That seems to be the belief of my buddy down in Red Bud,Illinois too.....Whaat is it now 3 ex-gov's and counting....LOL

gmhr1
09-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I enjoy watching Bill Clinton and taking a trip back to the 90's. It made it clearer how bad Obama really is and how good Clinton was. Bill has been here for the last 4 yrs his policys didnt rub off on Obama & now we are to think everything will be wonderful, dont buy it. Fact checker said this morning that Obama ran up 2/3 more debt than Regan and Bush combined. He just doesnt know what he's doing.

Ken Bora
09-06-2012, 09:49 AM
I enjoy watching Bill Clinton .

while was watching my NY Giants get thumpulated by.
....... replacement refs!
and lack of a running game.
I think we used to have a running game?
WTF!!

huntinman
09-06-2012, 10:06 AM
while was watching my NY Giants get thumpulated by.
....... replacement refs!
and lack of a running game.
I think we used to have a running game?
WTF!!

They let Brandon Jacobs go... Sometimes you need a big man to do a big man's job...

Daniel J Simoens
09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
2008 Motto: Yes We Can
2012 Motto: Nobody could have

helencalif
09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Finger lakes region of NY I believe?

I have seen The Last of the Mohicans many times. Great movie, great music, great scenery. I also love the beauty of where it was filmed. If memory serves me right, I think the screen credits at the end said it was filmed in North Carolina. That stuck in my mind because I thought it would have been filmed in the Finger lakes region of NY which is where the Mohicans were. They certainly weren't in N. Carolina.

Helen

helencalif
09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
We flipped back and forth between Bill Clinton, the football game, and the SF Giants-D'backs game until hubby decided he had heard enough of Bill reliving his presidency and making excuses for Obama. Then it was football vs. baseball.

I am waiting to hear what the fact checkers have to say about Clinton's speech. There may be some truth to the fact he was laying groundwork for Hillary in 2016.
Helen

menmon
09-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Denial....Bill Clinton is the only politician with any creditability and I'm sure that 6% undecided heard every word;-)

So the race official starts Friday and it is going to be fun:cool:

gmhr1
09-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Bill Clinton & Credibility in the same sentence ? Clinton was disbarred by the Supreme Court from practicing law over Monica L. now theres a guy we can trust to tell us the truth.

huntinman
09-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Denial....Bill Clinton is the only politician with any creditability and I'm sure that 6% undecided heard every word;-)So the race official starts Friday and it is going to be fun:cool:

There can't be 6% that stupid left in this country. The contrast is so overwhelming, what the hell is there to be undecided about?

helencalif
09-06-2012, 01:41 PM
There are people who are eligible to vote, but who pay no attention to anything political. They don't care; they have no interest in taking the time to become informed. Some will vote, some won't.

I don't know how the polling companies figure out who is undecided and who is not. It has to be based upon the people who they poll. Who they are, who knows?

Helen

menmon
09-06-2012, 02:05 PM
There are people who are eligible to vote, but who pay no attention to anything political. They don't care; they have no interest in taking the time to become informed. Some will vote, some won't.

I don't know how the polling companies figure out who is undecided and who is not. It has to be based upon the people who they poll. Who they are, who knows?

Helen

There are people that are eligible to vote and waste their time listening to the wrong people who have shaped their minds to believe a certain way as to move their agenda...in another word "conned"

Hopefully that uninformed crowd listened to Bill last night and know that he is the only one out there with a creditable record and decide he is who they should take there cues from.

Daniel J Simoens
09-06-2012, 02:19 PM
There are people that are eligible to vote and waste their time listening to the wrong people who have shaped their minds to believe a certain way as to move their agenda...in another word "conned"

Hopefully that uninformed crowd listened to Bill last night and know that he is the only one out there with a creditable record and decide he is who they should take there cues from.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/7/2/1/6/3/5/click-to-zoom-36301700856.jpeg

BonMallari
09-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Menmon: you seem to have a habit of contradicting yourself with each statement.....

How about the uninformed crowd listen to who they want and let them make up their OWN MIND...not what you or I think is best...after all who is to say that you are the one that hasnt been "conned" or that you are the one doing the con job....just because you say thing are so, does not mean that it is right, or just..its just an opinion, nothing more....and I got news for you, WE ALL have one

cripes
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Julia Rodriques delegate from NY, in an interview said she would like to kill Romney. Nice.

huntinman
09-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Julia Rodriques delegate from NY, in an interview said she would like to kill Romney. Nice.

A delegate from the Bronx and said this to a reporter while on the convention floor no less...

gmhr1
09-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Isnt that a threat?

Sandra Fluke really brought alot to the convention I'm sure if Obama is relected she will have place in his cabinet.. somewhere

duckheads
09-06-2012, 03:47 PM

They are a bunch of haters! They preach tolerance yet have no tolerance for others who don't believe as they do. They are always right and everyone who disagrees is wrong. I could as well as everyone else go on and on. It all boils down to a bunch of haters!!!!

huntinman
09-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm sure menmon can defend that kind of talk... (or justify it by pointing to other bad behavior)

Franco
09-06-2012, 03:58 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/250225_10151805562180288_32943949_n.jpg

huntinman
09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/250225_10151805562180288_32943949_n.jpg

Must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs

Franco
09-06-2012, 04:01 PM
One thing about Louisiana voters; The Repub ticket could be Charles Manson & the Son Of Sam and they would carry the state!;-)

Raymond Little
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
One thing about Louisiana voters; The Repub ticket could be Charles Manson & the Son Of Sam and they would carry the state!;-)

As long as they hunt and fish:razz:

Franco
09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
One of my favorite posthttp://personallibertycom.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/obamasucker_image.jpgers on the web;-)

Franco
09-06-2012, 04:25 PM
As long as they hunt and fish:razz:

Or, play with alligators!
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/207863_150592708413762_1195387648_n.jpg

Cody Covey
09-06-2012, 04:30 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/7/2/1/6/3/5/click-to-zoom-36301700856.jpeg

Do you have one for spelling?

gmhr1
09-06-2012, 04:38 PM
http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2012/09/debbie-wassarman-schultz-gets-caught.html
Biggest liar of them all this is what the Dems are all about.

charly_t
09-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Have we all forgot the big stink over the savings/loan thing with the Clintons. I seem to remember one man killing himself or it being reported that way. Another going to prison but I don't remember the Clintons being charged. Maybe my memory is at fault on this. !!!!!!!

gmhr1
09-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Secret Service are investigating the delegate that made the threat.

Marvin S
09-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Have we all forgot the big stink over the savings/loan thing with the Clintons. I seem to remember one man killing himself or it being reported that way. Another going to prison but I don't remember the Clintons being charged. Maybe my memory is at fault on this. !!!!!!!

Whitewater ;-)

Terri
09-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Isnt that a threat?

Sandra Fluke really brought alot to the convention I'm sure if Obama is relected she will have place in his cabinet.. somewhere

I doubt that BO's wife will let that girl anywhere near her husband. I read she keeps a short leash on him.

Terri

huntinman
09-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I doubt that BO's wife will let that girl anywhere near her husband. I read she keeps a short leash on him.

Terri

She let's Valerie Jarrett pretty close. WH staff calls her the "Nightstalker" because she has a habit of following the Obamas back to their residential quarters at night... Obama can't go to the bathroom without her...

achiro
09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
They are a bunch of haters! They preach tolerance yet have no tolerance for others who don't believe as they do. They are always right and everyone who disagrees is wrong. I could as well as everyone else go on and on. It all boils down to a bunch of haters!!!!
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-5-2012/hope-and-change-2---the-party-of-inclusion

gmhr1
09-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I dont think Hillary let Bill near Monica either. Fluke is the contraceptive advocate do we really need one?

JDogger
09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I bought a flat of California black figs yesterday. Everybody in the house is required to eat three figs a day.
Fig Lovers of the United States. Gotcha...JD

I replied to my OP with the fig comment because I was sure it would only take a couple of pages to go all fruit n' nuts... JD

Please post now...

charly_t
09-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Whitewater ;-)

Yep, that's it.

JDogger
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm curious. Would any of our resident conservatives care to critique John Lewis' speech? JD

huntinman
09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Sounds to me like more of the same. I read the text... didn't listen.

JDogger
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Sounds to me like more of the same. I read the text... didn't listen.

Your loss, not mine. Why are you so angry? JD

Terri
09-07-2012, 07:08 PM
She let's Valerie Jarrett pretty close. WH staff calls her the "Nightstalker" because she has a habit of following the Obamas back to their residential quarters at night... Obama can't go to the bathroom without her...

I really do not know the facts, I just saw that Michelle keeps women away from her husband. That is why Oprah is not allowed to visit the White House. Who would have thought she would be snubbed after all she did to get him elected. Oprah throw Hillary under the bus for Obama. She is black before she is a woman. Could the real reason be Oprah is FAT and Michelle hates fat people? So tolerate.

Terri

huntinman
09-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Your loss, not mine. Why are you so angry? JD

You asked the question not me. I'm not angry at all, that's your tired response to everything you don't like from a conservative. John Lewis gives basically the same speech every time he talks so it's nothing new if you have been listening. It just doesn't work any more. But you knew that already...

JDogger
09-07-2012, 07:28 PM
You asked the question not me. I'm not angry at all, that's your tired response to everything you don't like from a conservative. John Lewis gives basically the same speech every time he talks so it's nothing new if you have been listening. It just doesn't work any more. But you knew that already...

The tone and tenor of your every post is angry. Why are you so afraid? JD

huntinman
09-07-2012, 07:38 PM
The tone and tenor of your every post is angry. Why are you so afraid? JD

Evidently you have never read your own posts. However if my posts are so offensive to you feel free to put me on your ignore list.

JDogger
09-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Evidently you have never read your own posts. However if my posts are so offensive to you feel free to put me on your ignore list.
I'll not put you on ignore. I have never done that with someone I disagree with. I did it once with someone I did not like, but reversed it the next day. I feel that every topic should be discussed openly. Of course I read my own posts. I write them on word, spell correct, and then wait to the next log-in to post. Can you say the same? JD

huntinman
09-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I'll not put you on ignore. I have never done that with someone I disagree with. I did it once with someone I did not like, but reversed it the next day. I feel that every topic should be discussed openly. Of course I read my own posts. I write them on word, spell correct, and then wait to the next log-in to post. Can you say the same? JD

Why? Is this the new procedure I wasn't told about?

JDogger
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Why? Is this the new procedure I wasn't told about?

No... it's just the way I care to do it. I don't care to be the spellcheck, grammar, nor syntax police as so many do here. I do mess up sometimes. Just ask Marvin. Mike Enmon does not correct some of his posts. He does not give credit sometimes when he copies and pastes. We''re all just human, Bill. Forgive my assumptions. JD