PDA

View Full Version : How Is This For Class?

M&K's Retrievers
09-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Campaign button spotted at DNC;

"Once You Vote Black You Never Go Back. Obama 2012"

BonMallari
09-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Campaign button spotted at DNC;

"Once You Vote Black You Never Go Back. Obama 2012"

and if that same button (minus BHO 2012) were to show up at a R convention they would cry RACIST

M&K's Retrievers
09-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Yep. That was what I was thinking.

murral stark
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
If republicans want to get rid of the racist stereotype. They need to field a black candidate. Problem solved, no more playing the race card then.;)

BonMallari
09-05-2012, 09:07 PM
If republicans want to get rid of the racist stereotype. They need to field a black candidate. Problem solved, no more playing the race card then.;)

they tried that this spring, but the skeletons in the closet sunk his campaign, that's why people like Allen West are important, but they will call him names and say he is out of touch

and in reality they need to stop trying to pander to certain voting blocks and field the most electable candidate....

huntinman
09-05-2012, 09:07 PM

That's total BS. R's have more minorities in prominent elected and appointed positions than the Dems have ever thought about. It's just their talking point.

huntinman
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
they tried that this spring, but the skeletons in the closet sunk his campaign, that's why people like Allen West are important, but they will call him names and say he is out of touch

and in reality they need to stop trying to pander to certain voting blocks and field the most electable candidate....

Bingo.......

murral stark
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
That's total BS. R's have more minorities in prominent elected and appointed positions than the Dems have ever thought about. It's just their talking point.

I think we're talking about the most prominent elected position in the country. those in office that you're talking about would be referred to as "uncle toms" by the bruthas. HA HA HA!!!

murral stark
09-05-2012, 09:48 PM

Both parties need to do this. Elect the most electable candidate for the job. Not because of their race or heritage.

murral stark
09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Both parties need to do this. Elect the most electable candidate for the job. Not because of their race or heritage.

Just a little something for ya to ponder why republicans are stereotyped as racists. what's the name of the ranch that Rick Perry leases?8714

HPL
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Just a little something for ya to ponder why republicans are stereotyped as racists. what's the name of the ranch that Rick Perry leases?8714

Rick Perry didn't name it, and considering the history of the political parties in the south and in Texas, it is almost certain that that name was bestowed by a Democrat. Don't forget that Lincoln was a Republican and that the entire South, and Texas, was Democrat until pretty recently. When place names like that were put in place, the landowners, bankers, businessmen, etc were almost universally Democrat. After all, George Wallace was a Democrat.

mngundog
09-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Rick Perry didn't name it, and considering the history of the political parties in the south and in Texas, it is almost certain that that name was bestowed by a Democrat. Don't forget that Lincoln was a Republican and that the entire South, and Texas, was Democrat until pretty recently. When place names like that were put in place, the landowners, bankers, businessmen, etc were almost universally Democrat.
Gotta love the Spin Machine. :D

HPL
09-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Gotta love the Spin Machine. :D

Not sure I understand your point.

Marvin S
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Not sure I understand your point.

There is none :) - it's MN's version of whatshisname :-P

mngundog
09-05-2012, 11:59 PM
There is none :) - it's MN's version of whatshisname :-P
Here Marvin let me dumb it down for you. Perry's family hunting camp was known as Niggerhead Ranch, HPL tried to "spin it" by saying it was PROBABLY named that by some unknown democrat at some unknown time in history, that is known as spinning a story. If you still don't understand feel free to Google it. :D

coachmo
09-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Do you really think you can generalize to include all republicans because of that? Please! Intended for mural.

mngundog
09-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Murral, nice to finally see someone with a sense of humor on here.

Gerry Clinchy
09-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Just an FYI ... it was the Perry's who changed the name of the ranch. This was old news a long while ago.

HPL
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Here Marvin let me dumb it down for you. Perry's family hunting camp was known as Niggerhead Ranch, HPL tried to "spin it" by saying it was PROBABLY named that by some unknown democrat at some unknown time in history, that is known as spinning a story. If you still don't understand feel free to Google it. :D

Facts are not spin just because you don't like them. It is a FACT that the ranch was called Niggerhead long before the Perry's began leasing it. It is a FACT that the segregated South was run by Democrats. It is a FACT that it was primarily Democrats that fought integration. George Wallace (a Democrat) was the guy famous for saying "In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever." Also George who stood in the doorway at the University of Alabama to prevent the enrollment of its first two black students, so it is not spin to point out that when many of these "offensive" names were bestowed, it is very likely that it was Democrats who did it. You only see it as spin because the FACTS lead to conclusions contrary to your (erroneous) preconceptions. Clearly you forget that Lincoln (the Great Emancipator) was a Republican and you didn't consider what effect that had on political affiliations in the south.

One other minor detail is the fact that the Perry's don't own the property, they simply lease hunting rights, something folks not from this area might not fully appreciate. Leasing a pasture doesn't necessarily give one "naming rights". You can name the lodge, you can name the camp, but you wouldn't generally get to change the name of the ranch.

Ken Bora
09-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Facts are not spin just because you don't like them. It is a FACT .........

Yee Haw and a rousing RIGHT ON!!!!!

I love it when folk tell the truth and are blamed for "spinning"
"oh that can't be the truth 'cause it is aganst my side"
HA! The Dems were and are the slave holders.
Once they used whips and chains. Now, welfair checks.
You can keep a rat in a cage with a stick, or a cookie.
It's still in a cage

road kill
09-06-2012, 09:14 AM
As long as we are talking class, anyone besides me see the irony that the party against the "War on Women" having a tape of Ted Kennedy and a speech by Bill Clinton?????:cool:

Daniel J Simoens
09-06-2012, 10:34 AM
As long as we are talking class, anyone besides me see the irony that the party against the "War on Women" having a tape of Ted Kennedy and a speech by Bill Clinton?????:cool:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/228488_402635013129579_1753688415_n.jpg

BonMallari
09-06-2012, 10:46 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/228488_402635013129579_1753688415_n.jpg

they learned from this man

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/jbuckdst/JFK.jpg

murral stark
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Come on guys. don't get all heated. I was just poking some fun. Relax, take a deeeep breath and count to 10. It's all opinions and BS anyway. Fact of the matter is that all of the politicians are dishonest.

murral stark
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Do you really think you can generalize to include all republicans because of that? Please! Intended for mural.

Notice I used the word "stereotyped". Doesn't make it true of all. It is just a stereotype and I was saying that if the GOP wants to stop the DEMs from pulling the race card. They need to put a candidate that is not a rich white guy, up as their candidate of choice for the presidential election.

huntinman
09-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Notice I used the word "stereotyped". Doesn't make it true of all. It is just a stereotype and I was saying that if the GOP wants to stop the DEMs from pulling the race card. They need to put a candidate that is not a rich white guy, up as their candidate of choice for the presidential election.

For someone who claims to be a fence-sitting, wishy-washy type... seems to me you throw all your darts at the right side of the aisle. You said you are a "Republocrat". I say thats all hogwash and you are like most other libs... you just don't want to admit it.

murral stark
09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
For someone who claims to be a fence-sitting, wishy-washy type... seems to me you throw all your darts at the right side of the aisle. You said you are a "Republocrat". I say thats all hogwash and you are like most other libs... you just don't want to admit it.

I just play devil's advocate alot. I do throw alot of darts at the right, guilty as charged. Probably because I was one of those less fortunate kids growing up and the rich kids looking down their nose at me. I believe in the 2nd amendment very strongly. I hate the fact that alot of the Dems want to take guns away from law abiding citizens. I like the fact that the dems look out for the less fortunate people in the world. Most repubs that I know or have known were those rich snooty kids that always looked down their nose at me because my dad was a farmer and not some banker, or doctor, or lawyer. We never took any free handouts when I was a kid, but I think sometimes "some" people need a little help to better themselves. Some people don't want to help themselves and only want free handouts. I don't like that at all. I worked my tail off to get where I am today, but that doesn't mean that I am any better than the next guy that is struggling. I believe that there should be limitations on how long a person can stay on welfare without doing anything for it. And popping out babies every nine months doesn't qualify you for an extended stay on welfare. give them the training they need and put them in a job and wean them off of the system. If they choose not to work because they are lazy and just don't want to work, that's too bad. Unfortunately, alot of people have learned how to work the system. That needs to change. I also believe that alot of people "hate" the current president because he is black. He wasn't born rich and worked at getting his education and moving out of the ghetto to what he is today. He should get some credit for that. Romney and Ryan were both born with a silver spoon in their mouths and were given alot more opportunities growing up, than kids like me. Petty jealousy on my part. Now you know a little more about me and what i believe. As I've said before, I will always pull for the underdog and fight with them to even the odds. Point being, there are alot more people on here bashing the few liberals that are here. Lots of conservatives, and very few liberals. So to make it a fair fight, I side with the liberals because they are outnumbered on this forum. Make sense?

huntinman
09-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I just play devil's advocate alot. I do throw alot of darts at the right, guilty as charged. Probably because I was one of those less fortunate kids growing up and the rich kids looking down their nose at me. I believe in the 2nd amendment very strongly. I hate the fact that alot of the Dems want to take guns away from law abiding citizens. I like the fact that the dems look out for the less fortunate people in the world. Most repubs that I know or have known were those rich snooty kids that always looked down their nose at me because my dad was a farmer and not some banker, or doctor, or lawyer. We never took any free handouts when I was a kid, but I think sometimes "some" people need a little help to better themselves. Some people don't want to help themselves and only want free handouts. I don't like that at all. I worked my tail off to get where I am today, but that doesn't mean that I am any better than the next guy that is struggling. I believe that there should be limitations on how long a person can stay on welfare without doing anything for it. And popping out babies every nine months doesn't qualify you for an extended stay on welfare. give them the training they need and put them in a job and wean them off of the system. If they choose not to work because they are lazy and just don't want to work, that's too bad. Unfortunately, alot of people have learned how to work the system. That needs to change. I also believe that alot of people "hate" the current president because he is black. He wasn't born rich and worked at getting his education and moving out of the ghetto to what he is today. He should get some credit for that. Romney and Ryan were both born with a silver spoon in their mouths and were given alot more opportunities growing up, than kids like me. Petty jealousy on my part. Now you know a little more about me and what i believe. As I've said before, I will always pull for the underdog and fight with them to even the odds. Point being, there are alot more people on here bashing the few liberals that are here. Lots of conservatives, and very few liberals. So to make it a fair fight, I side with the liberals because they are outnumbered on this forum. Make sense?

Do you even know anything about Obama? He didn't live in a ghetto. His mother sent him from Indonesia to Hawaii to live with his very liberal gandparents because she was afraid he was being influenced by his rather conservative leaning step-father, Lolo. No ghetto has ever been part of his life, unless he went there to buy pot for his high school pot smoking buddies who called themselves the "Choom gang". You really need to do some reading, you make way to many assumptions.

As for Ryan, he probably had to work harder than Obama ever did to get where he is. He found his father dead at 16. Worked every day of his life since, including while in college... no silver spoons for him..

Romney may have been born to a wealthy family, but he gave his entire inheritance to charity and made his own fortune. Even left the state of Michigan, so he wouldn't be seen as riding his dad's coattails.

murral stark
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I don't believe in any way, that Romney gave away his inheritance. He might have had his dad put it in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland for him until he could slip it back into his pocket unnoticed. Joke there btw. How did he get the money to start up these companies to create his wealth? I don't know. I'm just a lowly farm kid and I despise the "rich kids". I particularly don't like Ryan because to me, he has that phony smile that makes him look like he is smiling the whole time that he is sticking a knife in someone's back. Just my personal opinion. He just seems like he is not genuine. Just as phony as the day is long. Of course the majority of politicians are that way. Both sides of the spectrum. I don't read much, I just watch alot of TV, unless I am reading wildfowl magazine or the sports page, or reading the commentary here.

huntinman
09-06-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't believe in any way, that Romney gave away his inheritance. He might have had his dad put it in the Cayman Islands or Switzerland for him until he could slip it back into his pocket unnoticed. Joke there btw. How did he get the money to start up these companies to create his wealth? I don't know. I'm just a lowly farm kid and I despise the "rich kids". I particularly don't like Ryan because to me, he has that phony smile that makes him look like he is smiling the whole time that he is sticking a knife in someone's back. Just my personal opinion. He just seems like he is not genuine. Just as phony as the day is long. Of course the majority of politicians are that way. Both sides of the spectrum. I don't read much, I just watch alot of TV, unless I am reading wildfowl magazine or the sports page, or reading the commentary here.

Sounds to me like you have some issues. Thought about seeing a shrink?

Ken Bora
09-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I just play devil's advocate.............. Make sense?

Murral,
I have read your last three posts, and stood up and poured a bier.
Very well worded post about your beliefs. Very nice.
Please take this to heart as at a glance it may seem a joke.
But you need to know.
The Devil is a Republican, and so are you.
But it is O.K. your not the first I have had the pleasure of pointing this out to.
Welcome to the party of free Men.
don't scoff, in Lincolns time that was a politicaly correct slogan!! for real, look it up.

Franco
09-06-2012, 09:53 PM
If we want to make assumptions; Most of the rich folks I know that inherited their money are Liberals. Most of the self-made folks I know are Conservatives. Most of the smart people I know are now Libertarians;)

The Dems don't care anymore for the downtrodden than the Repubs. They get their power from playing Robinhood when the reality is they are only looking out for themselves. The Repubs are more focused on doing away with Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting than balancing the budget. Actions always speak louder than words!

Will the real Mitt Romney speak up and stop pretending to be something he is not. Same for Obama, the puppet of the far left.

murral stark
09-06-2012, 10:05 PM

I went to a shrink some time ago. Went for 2 visits and everything seemed good. Went back for my third visit and the shrink was laying on the couch telling me that I had his mind screwed up after only 2 sessions.:-P

murral stark
09-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Murral,
I have read your last three posts, and stood up and poured a bier.
Very well worded post about your beliefs. Very nice.
Please take this to heart as at a glance it may seem a joke.
But you need to know.
The Devil is a Republican, and so are you.
But it is O.K. your not the first I have had the pleasure of pointing this out to.
Welcome to the party of free Men.
don't scoff, in Lincolns time that was a politicaly correct slogan!! for real, look it up.

Thanks Ken,
Now I don't have the identity crisis any more. HA HA HA!!!

murral stark
09-06-2012, 10:13 PM
This is what my shrink told me when I went.8720

Marvin S
09-06-2012, 10:32 PM

Thinking the same myself, seems to believe he has a monopoly on things being tough :razz: but that's as it goes. Must be the new generation of SD kids. :)

HPL
09-06-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm just a lowly farm kid and I despise the "rich kids". I particularly don't like Ryan because to me, he has that phony smile that makes him look like he is smiling the whole time that he is sticking a knife in someone's back. Just as phony as the day is long.

I am no real fan of rich KIDS myself, but wealthy adults, especially those that have made it themselves and really especially those that have done as much humanitarian work as Romney has done are a different matter. As to not liking Romney's smile, you need to go compare the look on Obama's face with Mussolini. They share the arms across the chest, chin tilted up, head-bob. Really spooky.

If you would read some about Romney, you might find out that he is pretty genuine, follows the best teachings of his faith, gives his time, work, and money to improve the lot of his fellow man. Seems like a real bad guy to me.

murral stark
09-06-2012, 11:08 PM
It's not Romney's smile, it's Paul Ryan's smile that I think is phony. Trust me, you don't get to be as rich as he is by being a person that is thinking about his fellow man. They trample on anybody that gets in their way and don't lose any sleep over it. Just keep counting the money. I have met people of his wealth and stature and worked with them. Most of them would eat their own young, if they thought it would help them make more money. Not saying that Mr. Romney is that way. I don't personally know the man to really know what he is or is not about. Only what I have seen on the tube. I don't know if Obama is genuine either. Just what I've seen on the tube.

huntinman
09-06-2012, 11:12 PM
It's not Romney's smile, it's Paul Ryan's smile that I think is phony. Trust me, you don't get to be as rich as he is by being a person that is thinking about his fellow man. They trample on anybody that gets in their way and don't lose any sleep over it. Just keep counting the money. I have met people of his wealth and stature and worked with them. Most of them would eat their own young, if they thought it would help them make more money. Not saying that Mr. Romney is that way. I don't personally know the man to really know what he is or is not about. Only what I have seen on the tube. I don't know if Obama is genuine either. Just what I've seen on the tube.

That's a pretty cynical view of a lot of people you never met.

mngundog
09-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Facts are not spin just because you don't like them. It is a FACT that the ranch was called Niggerhead long before the Perry's began leasing it. It is a FACT that the segregated South was run by Democrats. It is a FACT that it was primarily Democrats that fought integration. George Wallace (a Democrat) was the guy famous for saying "In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever." Also George who stood in the doorway at the University of Alabama to prevent the enrollment of its first two black students, so it is not spin to point out that when many of these "offensive" names were bestowed, it is very likely that it was Democrats who did it. You only see it as spin because the FACTS lead to conclusions contrary to your (erroneous) preconceptions. Clearly you forget that Lincoln (the Great Emancipator) was a Republican and you didn't consider what effect that had on political affiliations in the south.

One other minor detail is the fact that the Perry's don't own the property, they simply lease hunting rights, something folks not from this area might not fully appreciate. Leasing a pasture doesn't necessarily give one "naming rights". You can name the lodge, you can name the camp, but you wouldn't generally get to change the name of the ranch.
HPL what is the name of the individual that gave the ranch the name?

murral stark
09-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Thinking the same myself, seems to believe he has a monopoly on things being tough :razz: but that's as it goes. Must be the new generation of SD kids. :)
Nope, I don't have a monopoly on things being tough. There are lots of people less fortunate than me. I just had my own experiences with the rich, snooty kids, that left a sour taste in my mouth. Funny thing is, even after all these years, at class reunions, they still look down their noses at me. They never had to work for anything they have. They got their high falootin jobs and 6 digit incomes because of who their daddy is, not because of being more qualified than somebody that has been there doing a job and has first hand experience of how things really work. Just went to school on daddy's money barely got a 2.0 avg and walked into a big time job.

huntinman
09-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Nope, I don't have a monopoly on things being tough. There are lots of people less fortunate than me. I just had my own experiences with the rich, snooty kids, that left a sour taste in my mouth. Funny thing is, even after all these years, at class reunions, they still look down their noses at me. They never had to work for anything they have. They got their high falootin jobs and 6 digit incomes because of who their daddy is, not because of being more qualified than somebody that has been there doing a job and has first hand experience of how things really work. Just went to school on daddy's money barely got a 2.0 avg and walked into a big time job.

Why would you give a rats a$$ what they think?

murral stark
09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
I honestly don't know why it aggravates me the way it does. Probably just the way they treated me growing up. Maybe after all these years, I hope they would acknowledge the fact, that a kid from the wrong side of the tracks, actually made good out of nothing.

huntinman
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
I honestly don't know why it aggravates me the way it does. Probably just the way they treated me growing up. Maybe after all these years, I hope they would acknowledge the fact, that a kid from the wrong side of the tracks, actually made good out of nothing.

At the end of the day, what anyone else thinks...makes not one bit of difference in your life. I say to hell with all of them. Next time you go to one of those reunions, act like you own the place and don't give THEM the time of day.

My only caveat is... don't judge the rest of the world by the crowd you knew growing up... and how you felt about them then...

Probably pretty good guys if you had a beer with 'em...

murral stark
09-06-2012, 11:39 PM
At the end of the day, what anyone else thinks...makes not one bit of difference in your life. I say to hell with all of them. Next time you go to one of those reunions, act like you own the place and don't give THEM the time of day.
Great advice. Thanks, I think I'll do that and see how they take it. Could be kinda humorous.

HPL
09-07-2012, 12:38 AM
HPL what is the name of the individual that gave the ranch the name?

To begin with, the ranch isn't known as niggerhead, just that small division from what I can find out. the Ranch originally belonged to Tom and Ida Nations Hendrick. Tom moved from Kentucky to Texas in the early 1870's (certainly makes it reasonable to think that there was a better than even chance that he was Democrat). As the owners of the ranch, certainly some chance that they named that division, however, if you are acquainted with the way names are frequently bestowed on places like this, it could just as easily have been some cowhand trying to describe the area to the boss or another cowhand. I didn't say that I knew who named the property, just that considering the historical political affiliations in post civil war Texas it is at least as likely that it was a Democrat as a Republican. It is very clearly a FACT that Rick Perry had NOTHING to do with bestowing that name.

mngundog
09-07-2012, 02:02 AM
To begin with, the ranch isn't known as niggerhead, just that small division from what I can find out. the Ranch originally belonged to Tom and Ida Nations Hendrick. Tom moved from Kentucky to Texas in the early 1870's (certainly makes it reasonable to think that there was a better than even chance that he was Democrat). As the owners of the ranch, certainly some chance that they named that division, however, if you are acquainted with the way names are frequently bestowed on places like this, it could just as easily have been some cowhand trying to describe the area to the boss or another cowhand. I didn't say that I knew who named the property, just that considering the historical political affiliations in post civil war Texas it is at least as likely that it was a Democrat as a Republican. It is very clearly a FACT that Rick Perry had NOTHING to do with bestowing that name.
Thank you, all I was saying is you were trying to spin things, you have no idea if it was a Republican or Democrat but instead of just letting it go you went on a rant. No where did anyone say Perry had anything to do with bestowing the name.

Daniel J Simoens
09-07-2012, 08:27 AM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/sluts-and-condoms-for-obama/article/2507187

"Consider the dozens of pink-shirted Planned Parent representatives. As the crowds stroll by, they yell out "Get your 'Protect yourself from Romney and Ryan condom,'" as they hand out pink condom packages with a single condom appropriately dyed blue."

"Aspen, Colorado delegate Blanca O'Leary, for example, sported a "Sluts Vote," button, a reference to the word Limbaugh used to describe Fluke. Said O'Leary, "All women should have the right to birth control.""

Dems keeping it classy!

Gerry Clinchy
09-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I actually feel better knowing Romney made a bunch of money in the private sector, BEFORE he got into politics. I have less respect for those who went into politics "poor" and are now quite wealthy after years in Congress (like Biden, Pelosi, Obama, Clintons).

As for whether he has a heart, you may have missed some of the RNC speeches (I usually read or listen to that stuff on my computer at my convenience). For example, Romney closed down his Boston office to move everyone to NYC to help in the search for the daughter of an employee whose daughter had gone missing. I hadn't heard of that incident before the RNC.

I have noted one chink in Romney's shining armor (so far) ... investment funds for Bain came from individuals who may have had ties to drug cartels in Columbia.

I think, too, that there is some conflict over the MA health care program issue v. Obamacare. There are programs that can work well at a state level that can not be "translated" into national programs. Romney has often said that he told Obama's staff, when they asked for his input on Obamacare, that MA plan would not be right for a national program. I've noted that the Obama administration has never refuted that claim. You'd think they would have, wouldn't you?

We can't be sure that the Obama campaign has unleashed all the "dirt" they have been able to dig up on Romney and Ryan. They were probably prepared with plenty of background investigation on both of them. Are they waiting for a more "crucial" moment to unload something "major"? So far all their attacks on Romney have been shown to be a real "stretch" in extrapolation.

And we should keep in mind that Obama did NOT "work his way up" out of poverty. He actually was pretty well off, and his struggle seems to have been that he had not been part of the struggles of his father and grandfather in Africa. From his position of being pretty comfortable, he was able to dabble in the liberal causes. His Chicago connections brought him financial means (Reszko, for example); as did his books.

I've always thought that TWO autobiographies for such a young man had to be some "structured" PR for his political career. And now we find that those theoretically non-fiction books may not have been exactly totally non-fiction.

I think the big problem with the Obama stimulus (as distinguished from the bank bailout under Bush) was that it was supposed to go into "shovel ready" projects that would produce jobs and infrastructure. In the end, a lot of it went to "maintain" public sector jobs that already existed (teachers, firemen, police). While those public service jobs are necessary ones, now the funds are gone and the state and local govts have to cut jobs that were only temporarily saved.

One does not have to look far for abuse in those areas of fire and police unions. There are a couple of glaring examples here in my local area.

And I absolutely agree with many on the forum that the abuses of govt elite are NOT limited to one party. Both have a plenty long "rap sheet" for waste, thievery, cronyism, etc.

HPL
09-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Thank you, all I was saying is you were trying to spin things, you have no idea if it was a Republican or Democrat but instead of just letting it go you went on a rant. No where did anyone say Perry had anything to do with bestowing the name.

Still not spin. Although it is certainly true that we don't know exactly who named that division of the Hendricks property, it is a FACT that there is little reason to believe that the name has anything to do with Perry's position on race. The spin was when his political enemies implied that leasing the hunting rights to a piece of property that historically had a currently politically incorrect name somehow made Rick Perry a racist. I would hold that it no more makes him a racist than fishing at a point in Baffin Bay with the same name makes my friends racist. Everything I wrote was FACT. Sorry if it offends your perceptions. I also take exception to your description of my calm, well worded comment as a rant.

mngundog
09-07-2012, 02:19 PM
it is almost certain that that name was bestowed by a Democrat.

Still not spin. Although it is certainly true that we don't know exactly who named that division of the Hendricks property, it is a FACT that there is little reason to believe that the name has anything to do with Perry's position on race. The spin was when his political enemies implied that leasing the hunting rights to a piece of property that historically had a currently politically incorrect name somehow made Rick Perry a racist. I would hold that it no more makes him a racist than fishing at a point in Baffin Bay with the same name makes my friends racist. Everything I wrote was FACT. Sorry if it offends your perceptions. I also take exception to your description of my calm, well worded comment as a rant.
Everything you wrote was not a fact, you speculated on who named it (Democrats), you even admitted to guessing. At least around here, when we guess at something, we don't call that a FACT.

HPL
09-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Everything you wrote was not a fact, you speculated on who named it (Democrats), you even admitted to guessing. At least around here, when we guess at something, we don't call that a FACT.

I didn't say that it was a fact that it was a Democrat that bestowed the name, only that it is a fact that there is a high probability that the name was bestowed by a Democrat (simply looking at the political makeup of the South during the time the name was most likely betowed).