PDA

View Full Version : LIGRC Training session

gdgnyc
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
The LIGRC will be having a club training session on Sunday, Sept. 16. We will have flyers and dead birds for training. All are welcome. Good prep for our upcoming Fall Hunting Test. Location: Otis Pike Preserve, Long Island, New York.

Order your birds.

Are you new at the game? We are very newbie friendly.

For more info contact Justine Lorentzson at 631-549-0504

Stephen Damico
09-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi Justine, not sure if your a member of noreast.com which is a fishing site with a very popular hunting forum. Mostly consist of LI waterfowlers. When I posted about my dog Neeko getting QAA and Master Nationals they had no idea this stuff existed. Our local Delta waterfowl club post lots of stuff there also. Point being there's lots of people there with retrievers and have no idea we have these clubs out east. Another good place to represent your club is at the Duckboat/waterfowl show at Cedar Beach on Ocean parkway in October. Lots of people walk the show with their dogs there. Hope some of this helps your club with recruiting new members

David Lo Buono
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Point being there's lots of people there with retrievers and have no idea we have these clubs out east

Yeah, I hear them screaming at their "worlds greatest duck dog" every morning!:D

gdgnyc
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
We're having great weather right now. Our training session should be a good one!

I forgot to mention, the training session will be followed by our Final Gundog Stakes for the year.

Coming from out of state? Let me know, we'll stop at Hooter's on the return trip. After all, it is on the way home.